salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-11-2016, 03:20 AM

Hi everyone!

Pinging some people who were interested - Vanora: The Wandering Poet:

Write a story either based on or about the picture above you!
And then post your own picture for the next person to write about :)

The picture can be anything you want (as long as it follows the terms of service)

Because I am the first poster, there is no picture above me to write a story about.

I will start by posting this picture:

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-11-2016, 03:56 AM

Frank the giant had become very frustrated with people stealing his bike. It was his 5th bike this year and it just wasn't fair. He decided one day to leave his bike hanging from the top of a pole. "Nobody will be able to steal this" he snickers as he wanders off to work. Upon returning to his bike, he was delighted to see none of the humans could reach his new bike.

Picture for below:

I hope I did all this right.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-11-2016, 05:14 AM

That is awesome, The Wandering Poet!

Story for above picture:
Did you hear about the WWE superstar who wrestled sharks by the ocean? Once he was doing a photoshoot and dropped the shark back into the water. All the stuffing got wet :(

Picture for next person:

Little Sister
A bear in avatar clothing

Old 03-11-2016, 05:29 AM

I see what you did there Sal.

The dog looked up at me with big brown eyes, full of love, full of apology.
"No!" I said, for the fifth time.
A keening sound came from my loyal companion
"For the last time Bruce, you can't go chasing after the neighbours, even if they are throwing glass bottles at the house"

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-11-2016, 06:07 PM

"You're so full of energy, Alice! How do you do it?" he asked as he placed a small sprig of flowers on the dish. Meanwhile, Alice poured her elixir into the final little red teacup on the table. She looked up and smiled at him.

"We'll all be full of energy by tonight!" she said with a wink.

That night's tea party was exciting indeed. What began as a proper evening of sipping tea and having refined conversation ended with everyone hallucinating and throwing glass bottles at the neighbor's house thinking it was a gigantic mosquito about to suck their blood.

All because of a little elixir mixed in with the tea.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-27-2016, 12:58 AM

Deep in the heart of a library, a young woman sat. All around her, books and gilt railings created a magical sort of environment. Only the glow of her laptop screen seemed out of place. On that screen though, something magical was appearing. When Angela closed her eyes, a world of lace and metal spun itself around her--books as machine bases and metal patterns just like the rails. Onward went her clacking nails. And on the screen in front of her, a new story began.

Picture for below:

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 03-27-2016, 06:39 AM

The lights flicker, hanging by their wires and the wall has begun to crumble. "I knew I shouldn't have had Taco Bell" he says as he gives a heavy sigh, placing his half eaten burrito on what was left of his table.

Picture for below:

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 03-30-2016, 09:51 PM

Having to move to a new home can be tough, especially when you had built your house from the ground up with your own hands. So Samantha decided to take her house with her when she got a new job out of town.

"I get to keep my childhood home while cutting down on the commute time to work!" the humanoid octopus shouted from the inside of her bus to reporters trying to keep up with her vehicle.

Picture for the next person:

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-07-2016, 06:56 PM

George the unicorn was never like the other kids. They used to make fun of him, calling his curly tail and pink ears girly. Which was hardly fair because he was a very manly man. He liked football, girls, and spandex just like the rest of them. When he moved into a cabin out in the woods, he thought things would be different. As he turned to invite the new neighbors in though, a sudden shout ruined that dream forever.

"If it isn't Georgina the unicorn! We went to high school together! Has your head gotten bigger?" And that was the day George learned the real reason he had a horn on his head.

Picture:

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-15-2016, 03:41 PM

"This will be your stage" The ring leader announced. "I know you are not ready now, and your surgery isn't until next week, but please, practice to your hearts content."

Some of the other performers came out from behind the curtain to congratulate Georgia on her last week in a male body, they were all carrying something to party with. It was going to be a wild night at the circus.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-15-2016, 04:45 PM

Frank had been excited to try out his new glasses after they arrived in the mail. He rushed to the mirror and slipped them on, but having forgot his dentures, the glasses highlighted but one problem. He looks like a monkey without his dentures on.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 04-16-2016, 11:47 AM

Goya, our cat that was named by my daughter, has a think for street racing. Every Wednesday night all the house cats that are allowed outside, don melon helmets stolen from their owners kitchens and meet in an alley where they get in stolen RC cars and race the streets in a deadly speed race just for the prized can of golden tuna.

Goya has come in second place for a year now and he's rather grumpy. He's determined to win this week.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-07-2016, 02:32 AM

After ten hours of long work, Buster watched the numbers blink on his miniature screen. They told him that rabbits couldn't do a man's work, but today, he proved them all wrong. Or he would if the data would just finish loading. Hadn't he just solved the equation of just what it meant to be human? But at the last second, he realized it. The miniature desktop's batteries had gone dead.

fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 10-25-2016, 05:26 AM

Perhaps it was inevitable that she would end up here alone.

After Elsie and Hank left, hand in hand, Christa wondered how long she could keep the crippled shuttle running by herself. Then she wondered why she should bother. When the simple joy of fixing broken things ceased to thrill her and the stress of survival weighed down her spirit, the self proclaimed 'grease monkey' decided drastic measures were needed.

She typed a quick message and hit send. It would be weeks before the message was received back home.

"Elsie - be happy. Please think of me sometimes."

mdom
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2016, 07:10 PM

Dana lived a good life. She had both her parents, friends at school, a crush who always replied to her texts... nothing to complain about. Until her last year of high school. Her mom was transferred to Japan - a great job opportunity, she said, it'll be a step up not down, don't you like their cartoons? Dana ran to her room and cried. She cried even more when her parents argued that night. Her dad had a job that paid less, and would be forced to move, too. But he also had his life - work friends, bowling friends, relatives. By the next week he had moved out to his mom's. Dana didn't know who she hated more - her dad for running away and not taking her, or her mom for scaring her dad away and making her leave everything she's grown to know and love.
She spent the first months in the foreign country in the basement, talking only to the pidgeons she fed religiously. Her mom worked all day , doing extra hours on the weekends, perhaps to not let her daughter see how sad she was with the change.
At the end of a year, she finished high school online, and was hoping to apply to US colleges only. That would end the nightmare of a year she had. That's when she saw her mom on the basement, feeding the pidgeons. It's been a long while since she had seen her mom looking so carefree, so peaceful. She was also thinner, her eyes sunken, her skin pale. She realized then all the work and effort her mom was putting into it, only for her to not give any chance. Silently, she sat beside her, and both fed the pidgeons.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-12-2017, 12:38 AM

Dave grew up privileged. He knew it, lived it truly. Everything he wanted, he got or took. And for the longest time, that was his life. However, one day the deal fell through. He couldn’t even explain why. One second he sat in a conference room with his contract notes stacked and ready, then the clients walked in. All at once, he found himself sitting across from the most startling blue eyes. They looked into his soul and undid him in a second. Undid him so far that he conceded extras without even being asked, so far, so much more than he needed. All in a flash, those eyes sparked and walked away before his own people descended like wolves.

Now, Dave stood in a vast field of grass, his suit a stark contrast to the faint stubble of a jobless man. No words came from his mouth, no movement fluttered the grass blades. Hands in his pockets, he simply stared upward to the sky as if seeing through it and into a certain pair of sparkling blue eyes. Seeing and undoing.