finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:33 AM

" So here I thought my little trap might work." Erik chuckled at the dark figure " Seems it did." he took off the cloak he borrowed from the kings " Know lets see if I can catch you." he pulled out his sword.

Athena sat with her mother who was fanning herself and taking to a couple lords and lady's she smiled at Lord MCcarthy " My lord I hope you found my apology gift to your liking."

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-25-2014, 01:26 AM

The cloaked figure stared down at Erik in shock. How had he shown up here so suddenly. Obviously he was better at the woods than she had anticipated. She would have to try to lose him in the night. Turning, she sprinted away from her hideout. Leaping from branch to branch, she reached a river. Not checking back to see if he had managed to follow, she leaped out into the cool night and dived into the river.

The water was colder than she had anticipated. For a moment she couldn't move. Then she started to swim. Staying under as long as she could manage, she swam downstream as hard as her arms and legs would propel her. Finally, lungs burning, she came up for air and worked her way across to the far side of the river. Pulling herself onto the bank and crawling behind a tree, she leaned against the trunk of the tree and leaned around slightly to try to peer into the night. Did Erik manage to follow or did she lose him?

Lord McCarthy bowed deeply to the Queen, "Yes m'lady. I appreciate the generous and thoughtful gift very much. You even managed to procure one of my favorite flavors. You honor your humble servant." Looking up with concern, he asked, "And you, My Queen? How are you this evening?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:10 PM

Erik raced after her making sure the other knights secured the hideout. He cursed when he lost him or her in the darkness. " Shit." he snarled.

Her mother fanned herself " I'm alright just needed a little break from all that dancing." she smiled at Athena " Of course my daughter has been nothing but a big help."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-25-2014, 11:35 PM

Realizing her hideout was gone, Clara had a horrible realization. All the money she had stolen, save that which she had taken tonight, was lost. Not good. She needed to make sure this didn't happen again. Not seeing anyone out in the darkness, she once again climbed up into the trees. They had been tracking her. They had to have been. How else could they have found the hide out? You couldn't reach it unless you climbed a tree that reached the ledge the cliff cave was on. That meant she wasn't as smart as she thought she was.

Working her way to the orchard, she quickly stripped. Pulling on a dress, she took the clothes that she had been wearing and bundled them up. Tying them to her thigh with her dress covering them, she picked up her basked of apples and herbs and hurried back to the village. The first thing she did there was get rid of the evidence.

Going silently from house to house, she slipped bits of coins into each person's woodpile. When they woke up in the morning and got wood to make a fire for breakfast, they would have a nice surprise. Finally placing some in her own wood pile, she went on inside. Burning the purses that the coins had been in and pulling up a floor board where a box could hide her outfit, she went to bed.

Lord McCarthy bowed again, "You are a fortunate mother to have a daughter such as her."

Joining them, Stan bowed to the royal family. He had a black eye from the robbery the night before, but nothing else was out of place. "Princess Athena, may I have the pleasure of the next dance?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:57 PM

Erik returned to the castle with the money planning to show it to the king later.

Athena glanced at her mother who nodded " Go on love." her mother smiled " It would be my pleasure to dance with you my lord." Athena offered her hands smiling softly.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-26-2014, 12:05 AM

Stan gently took her hands in his, gazing into her eyes softly while leading her onto the dance floor. As he started to lead her through the dance, he commented, "This is an honor, my Princess. I came to visit your brother, but it seems you are better company by far. How is it the two of you spend so little time together?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:10 AM

"He is younger then I and more prone to trouble." Athena chuckled " I do with he would listen to me more though.." she sighed " But he is stubborn as a mule."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2014, 11:53 PM

Sighing in sympathy, Stan led her through the rest of the dance. Then started into another. "Perhaps, since I am older, I could be a sort of mentor for him," he suggested after a bit.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:25 AM

" Would you?" Athena asked hopefully " Maybe if you can show him the right path." she sighed " Though last nights little get about town nearly gave me a heart attack."

maidenroseheart

Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 PM

He grimaced at that one, "Yeah, and I went along with it. Sorry for the extra heartache I caused." Bringing her towards the side of the room, he asked, "Would you like a refreshment of some sort? We are near the banquet tables..."

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:03 AM

" just some juice please." Athena said with a smile to the maid who handed her a cup of juice. " thank you." She knew she should have wine but she never liked the stuff.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-01-2014, 09:35 PM

Stan felt a little put out that she would ask a maid instead of answering his question. It was hard to be a gentleman sometimes. Still, if Athena was happy then so was he.

The other older of the four boys, Edward, walked over and joined them. Giving Athena a stately bow and a graceful nod to Stan, he said with regret, "It appears that our younger friends haven't learned their lesson. Our young prince, pardon by lady, is plum drunk. The other two dared him to walk around the fountain out in the gardens. He fell in." Shaking his head, he suggested, "Stan, will you help me go get those three back inside, cleaned up, and maybe a bit more sober? I want to avoid any scandal if the other guests see the prince this way."

Stan turned hesitantly to Athena, "Princess, may we depart?"

Derrick had approached when Edward had joined Athena. Now he waited, perhaps too eagerly for them to leave. He was surprised to find that he felt jealous.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:39 PM

" Of course." Athena rolled her eyes with a sigh " Stubborn boy." she scowled " I'll send father to punish brother when I see him."

maidenroseheart

Old 05-01-2014, 10:46 PM

Stan and Edward bowed to her gracefully, and then quietly walked away. They crossed the crowded room, expertly weaving through the guests until they reached the balcony. The cooler evening air greeted them as they stepped outside. Descending the steps, they paused at the bottom and looked through the moonlight towards the fountain. The three boys were making a complete fool of themselves.

Other couples in the garden were working their way away from the scene. It would have been a romantic sight for them if the boys were not acting so foolish. Stan sighed and Edward straightened his shoulders. Edward looked over at Stan, "Shall we?"

Stan shrugged, "We better. It doesn't reflect good on us either way. Besides, the Princess wants our help controlling them."

Edward frowned, "She was pretty cold, with just the most expert of politeness towards us when we first came. It was as if she wanted to stay single."

Stan shook his head, "We probably looked like prized bulls being brought in to rough house her life and force her into marriage. I don't blame her for her cold attitude. She is warming up now though. We danced and she seemed only sad."

Edward gave his a sideways nudge, "Don't go giving me a reason to be more than a friend." Chuckling, they good-naturedly walked towards the fountain. Reaching the boys, they pulled Brit up first. Stan steadied him and said, "Brit, my Prince, I have a fun idea. It's a surprise, let's go and I'll show you." Helping his drunk Prince towards a back entrance, he looked back at Edward and nodded.

Edward turned towards the other two. "Sam. Henry. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves. You purposefully drank him under the table. I know you are not as drunk as you are pretending to be. Up with you both. Let's go." They suddenly had steady feet and walked easily out of the cold fountain. Edward's lips tightened and he led them inside. Not to their rooms, but to Lord McCarthy's. The older gentleman would have to straighten them out.

Back inside, Derrick stood off to the side and behind Athena. For those who looked over, he was at first glance a protector. To those who noticed details and paid close attention, and thus were more a threat, he was a butler ready to serve his Princess. He kept a tray balanced easily on one hand with a mix of drinks and small treats. There was sweet and dry, salty and fruity. A good balance in more than pose.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:50 PM

Athena turned to Derrick and took a treat from his tray " Thank you." she said with a smile grinning softly at him. " Your always there when I want something."

maidenroseheart

Old 05-01-2014, 11:10 PM

Surprised by the personal comment she had directed towards him, he nodded and gave a slight bow. "It is all I desire m'lady." Inside though, he felt a sense of pride. He had done something right, something she appreciated. It was a good feeling.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:27 PM

Athena smiled and headed off to sit in her corner waiting to be asked to dance she didn't wait long as Erik asked her to dance spinning her around the dance floor.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 PM

Derrick was surprised to see one of the knights dancing out on the floor. Especially since Erik looked like he had been out in the forest recently. Oh well, that was what men did. Failing to notice small details like dirt on the neck or a twig in the hair. That was what butlers, and assassins, were for. To notice such details. Surely Athena would prefer his company... the stray thought stopped. He was a servant. It would cause no small alarm if he even asked to dance with the Princess. Forcing his reluctant heart away, he turned and left.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:43 PM

" YOu look a mess Erik." Athena teased him.

" We almost caught the robber it was a girl for sure but we managed to get the money back." Erik chuckled " I just wanted to celebrate a little."

maidenroseheart

Old 05-02-2014, 01:02 AM

Edward steered Sam and Henry into Lord McCarthy's chambers. Servants hurried to prepare baths for the two boys while Edward leaned against a wall watching them. The two cleaned up and sat down on sofas near the fireplace. Servants built it up as well. Sam asked, "Can we go back to the banquet now?"

"No."

"How about a game of..."

"No."

"Edward!"

"We wait. Lord McCarthy has been wanting a word with you two. Especially Sam... the way you treated the Princess on our arrival yesterday was unforgivable." The two boys slumped, looking a bit dejected.

Stan helped Brit to his rooms and ordered the servants to prepare a bath with invigorating scents. Then while they helped the Prince to undress and get cleaned up, Stan went to the kitchens. It was a busy place with the staff working hard to help the banquet keep going smooth. Surprised to see Derrick there in a corner, Stan approached him. Derrick looked towards him and bowed, "Yes m'lord?"

"The Prince is in his chambers and in need of a fruit drink. Something to help sober him up." Stan explained. A few servants overheard.

Derrick bowed again and went to prepare a drink.

Stan turned and headed back out, down back hallways, and reached Brit's room. "My Prince," he said bowing upon entering and then took a side armchair. Amusing himself with a book.

In a bit, Derrick delivered the drink and then took a position in a corner out of the way. Watching and ready to serve.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:15 AM

Athena smiled at Erik " I'm happy for you and papa will be happy to know your almost ready to catch the robber." she smiled at him.

Erik grimaced " When you saying like that I sound pathetic." he sighed as she chuckled.

" Sorry." Athena smiled " Go tell papa." she shooed him off and stood in a corner watching everyone talk.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-02-2014, 01:21 AM

Seeing that Brit was cleaned up and sober again, Stan gave the young prince a smile, "I don't suppose you could manage to stay away from the wine for the rest of the night. It would mean a lot to your sister."

Brit groaned, "I'm not a mother's boy. I don't need to please Athena or anyone else."

Raising an eyebrow, Stan shrugged, "Your choice. I plan to not drink anymore myself."

Leading the way out of the room with Derrick dutifully following, they returned to the banquet. True to his word, Stan avoided the wine and took a simple cup of juice. Brit hesitated, and then followed suit. Then they went to join Athena. Stan bowed slightly when he reached her. Brit nodded to her with an air of a grown up, "Sister."

Stan filled in, "May we join you Princess?"

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:32 AM

" Of course." Athena smiled and gestured to the seats next to her. " I'm just resting my feet a little." she glanced at her brother and his grown up air and smiled more.

maidenroseheart

Old 05-02-2014, 01:45 AM

They each took seats. Brit purposefully, for he had a stubborn pride, a seat away from his sister. Stan intercepted any possible misunderstandings by taking the empty seat between them for himself.

finx15
Queen Phoenix trainer.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:48 AM

" So how was your travel here my lord?" Athena asked making pleasant talk.