~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 AM

Jannessa was just approaching the doors of the school when Brad crossed her path, blocking the doors she was going to enter. She had wanted to tell the cheer coach about her quitting so she wouldn't have to worry about making a scene later on after school. She sighed and angrily clutched her books as passing students pushed past them. "What do you want, Brad?" Jannessa asked in a bored tone as she glared up at Brad in a sleepy way. A headache was pounding behind her eyes as the bright sun highly bothered her senses.

"I tried calling you last night. Why the hell didn't you answer or call back?" Brad demanded.

Jannessa pushed her eyebrows together. "Uh...how did you get my number? And who do you think you are, my boyfriend?" Jannessa pushed past him and entered the building when she felt Brad grip her wrist tightly and pull her against him.

"You're my girlfriend. I got your number from Jamie since you never got to give me it," said Brad as he kissed her cheek.

Her stomach churned and she pulled up her one leg and stomped her foot hard against his foot enough to make him yelp like a little girl in pain. He let her go as she hurried away from him and left him clutching his foot. What a jerk, thought Jannessa as she hurried to her locker. It was too late to go to the coach now. She'd have to wait for after school. One passing cheer leader stared at her. That's right it was Friday. If Jannessa still wanted to be a cheer leader, she would have been wearing her uniform. But she wasn't...in fact, she was wearing an outfit everyone gawked at, surprised that she wasn't wearing a skirt, a designer purse, or even high heels. "High school is such a joke!" Jannessa hissed to herself through clenched teeth.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-26-2011, 04:49 AM

Ryuu felt his stomach lurch in fury as he saw Brad handle Jannessa that way, his primal instincts starting to show. He snarled to himself before casting an invisibility seal on himself in order to get into the school and keep an eye out for that parasite of a human boy. Next time I see you touch her like that, I'll make sure you can't have children. He stopped walking when he saw Jannessa at her locker. The vampire was a good distance away -- all the way at the end of the hall. But he could see the blonde just fine.
However, his breath hitched when he saw Brad walk down the hallway towards her, the angriest look or his face. He's going to hit her, was Ryuu's initial though, but as he factored in what kind of guy he was, that thought changed. Or...Or... Worse... Staring in mortification, Ryuu watched the scene unfold, ready to jump in when need be.

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:54 AM

Jannessa's heart nearly jumped from her chest when she jumped and Brad punched the locker right next to her so hard it made a dent. Her body froze out of fear, unable to move. Her heart was beating so fast. She just stared at the dent in the lock as he slowly to his fist away, not a scratch on his knuckles...meaning he could probably have broke that locker inwards if he wanted to. The book in her hand dropped.

"NO ONE...makes me bleed my own blood," she heard Brad say, his voice dangerously threatening.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 PM

Jannessa's heartbeat thumped in Ryuu's ears fast, scared. He could hear her as if she was right next to him. The male snarled, rushing over so he was behind Jannessa, ready to rip off Brad's arms if he so much as poked her wrong. He made sure the invisibility seal was still active and watched Brad's every movements. The vampire hoped that the little bastard could feel his presence and animosity spreading into his bones. If you attack her... If you touch her somewhere inappropriate... I will kill you. I will! Ryuu was ready... ready to pounce on the boy. His thoughts completely escaped the fact that he would have to explain this to Jannessa -- she could probably determine who he was just from his voice, at this point.

Last edited by ChiNoMizuumi; 08-26-2011 at 09:07 PM..

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:42 AM

It seemed like it had taken Jannessa forever to gather up the courage to speak, as if she felt it forbidden. She slowly closed her locker with shaky hands and soon let out a small and silent shaky sigh. In a blink of an eye, she dipped under Brad's arms so she was no longer cornered by him. She faced him and sucked in a deep breath, reading the dangerous tension on his presence. "Awe. And here I thought you broke a toenail," said Jannessa in a stuck-up attitude. She rolled her eyes and hurried into the girl's bathroom where she knew Brad wouldn't follow. Three girls stood at the mirror, gossiping about the new hot teachers and the makeup they were applying. They looked at Jannessa in the mirror, eyeing what she was wearing as a shocker. They just froze and stared.

Outside, Brad glared at the girl's bathroom door. He would get her later, that he vowed to himself. He huffed angrily and headed off to the gymnasium for study hall. Meanwhile, Jannessa hid in one of the bathroom stalls until the warning bell sounded. She hurried out of the bathroom, heading to her English class, suddenly wishing she had talked to Ryuu this morning. She was sure she'd see him in Biology anyways.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-28-2011, 03:53 AM

Ryuu sighed deeply as the blonde evaded Brad. Such a courageous little girl... When he heard the warning bell, his eyes snapped open wide, and he rushed into one of the men's bathrooms. There, he got rid of the invisibility and straightened himself out, hiding the mask in his jacket before running out of the bathroom and to his locker to grab his stuff and shove the coat away. Crap! I'm gonna be late for physics!
By the time the period ended, Ryuu was fiddling with his pencil nervously, thinking about Jannessa. He hoped she was alright after all that commotion. When the bell rang, he nearly lunged out of his seat. If he got to the Biology class before Brad, perhaps he could protect her from whatever was to happen. As he walked into the classroom, he noticed that Brad was already there, along with a number of other kids, but the teacher was no where to be found. Brad had an evil grin on his face, at that very moment.What the... Instead of taking his seat, the vampire stood at the door nonchalantly, waiting to Jannessa to come in. That way, he could almost assure her safety. Seeing her approach the class, Ryuu stepped out for a moment to greet her. "Jannessa," he smiled somewhat, holding his hand out to her just like the day before.

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:05 AM

First period felt as if it would never end. The teacher had assigned them homework for the whole period and that was all she did. After she had closed her books and packed up, she took out her notebook and began to draw. Every so often, her eyes would dart up to the clock to find it only one minute or three minutes later. When the class finally ended, she let out a stressed sigh and took her time going to Biology. She saw Jamie in the halls but when she saw the digusted look from Jamie as she saw her friend look her up and down, guilt ran through her in a painful way. Today was going so horribly already.

But when she was greeted at the doorway to the Biology classroom by a smiling Ryuu, Jannessa smiled, relieved and happy to see him. His somewhat smile was just enough to relax her soul. She took his hand and ignored the hard, cold, and dangerous glare from Brad. Jannessa knew Brad well enough to know what he was thinking. He was probably thinking that Ryuu was her new boyfriend and he would want to know why on earth would she pick him. Two people of the opposite sex could hold hands and still be just friends.

But then again, it was always said that: "A guy and a girl can't just be friends. Eventually, they're going to fall for each other. Maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, maybe just briefly, and maybe forever." She sighed as she remembered Jamie telling her that. Before Jamie became popular with Jannessa, they were your average people. Jamie was so wise and intelligent. Now the most she knows is what colors are alright with going with what other colors.

Jannessa sat down at her table with Ryuu and sat her books down, ready to face the day with the new optimism she felt. She looked over at Ryuu and smiled again. Only this time, it was a far-more truer smile. "I missed you this morning," she said.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-28-2011, 04:28 AM

Ryuu smiled brighter when he felt Jannessa's hand slip into his. It was a familiar feeling that was actually comforting. He could sense that the girl was already more relieved. As they walked into class, he could feel the stares of all the other classmates drilling into the two of them. Holding hands isn't illegal, you know... Brad's glare especially made Ryuu uneasy. He seemed controlled by his quick temper, which could be potentially fatal for Jannessa. After sitting down, Ryuu chuckled lightly and pat Jannessa's head. "I missed you, too, actually." He stuck his tongue out. "Or, more or less, I was just worried about you. That Brad kid isn't looking too happy about... This," Ryuu muttered, motioning to their still-connected hands. Everyone was probably wondering what Jannessa was doing with the loner kid. Then, he laughed, saying, "Not that I'm telling you to let go. I'm afraid that letting go would allow Brad the Brute to take you away." Ryuu gave the blonde a sly grin and wink, hoping he could cheer her up a bit more.
But it was short-lived, for Brad had walked up to their table, towering over the two. "Brad," Ryuu said thickly, trying to contain a growl.

Last edited by ChiNoMizuumi; 08-28-2011 at 06:55 PM..

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 AM

Jannessa chuckled softly and tightened her grip on his hand as a reassurance that she understood. "Ignore them. They mean nothing to me. And therefore, their opinions and thoughts mean nothing to me," said Jannessa a she opened her Biology book. When Brad came over, she looked up.

The bell had already rung and morning announcements were just starting. The teacher was nowhere in sight. "Brad. If I have to, I'll tell the principal that you're giving me troubles," warned Jannessa. "I'm not your girlfriend. Nor will I ever be. So do yourself a favor and leave me along because guess what? I'm quitting cheer leading -- hence why I'm not wearing my uniform. Now go sit down or I WILL talk to the principal about this," warned Jannessa as she glared up through her favorite Vera Bradley glasses she hardly got to wear. She hadn't noticed her grip on Ryuu's hand had tightened to something that would've hurt him. She looked over at Ryuu, expecting a pained-expression.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 AM

Ryuu noticed that she was looked at him again, expecting something. He blinked a few times before looking at Brad himself. "And don't forget about me. If you so much as look at Jannessa the wrong way, I'll hunt you down like the scum you are." Ryuu snarled quietly, watching as Brad took at seat at his desk. Things still didn't feel right with him, so Ryuu was going to keep an eye out for him.
Slowly, Ryuu realized that Jannessa was still holding his hand, but he hadn't realized that she was gripping so damn tight. He paused for moment, knowing that he couldn't hide the fact that it didn't hurt him. He shifted his gaze to the floor -- he couldn't think of anything to tell her. It's not as if he could just go and say, "Sorry, that doesn't hurt me because I'm a vampire."

Last edited by ChiNoMizuumi; 08-31-2011 at 12:03 AM..

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-31-2011, 12:04 AM

She looked down at their hands and shook her head. "I'm sorry," she murmured as she quickly let go and flexed her hand at how it was tingling. It was probably because she was holding on so tight. The teacher walked in and class began. The class went to the library to start researching what they were going to do for their project and were to turn in an essay about what they were doing by Monday. It was game day and the last place Jannessa would want to be would be at the high school stadium. She needed new plans.

Thinking it to be the perfect oppurtunity to start on the essay as soon as possible, Jannessa turned her head away from the computer that her and Ryuu were hunched at and looked at Ryuu, smiling a small smile. "Since I'm not going to the game tonight, maybe we could start on this assignment?" asked Jannessa as she motioned to the computer screen. They were going to do an explanation of the idea of the lava lamp. Simple, easy, and it was one of the choices to choose from.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-31-2011, 12:25 AM

Fumbling for words, Ryuu remained silent when Jannessa left go of his hand. There was some sort of leftover feeling left on it -- emptiness, maybe? He gently massaged his palm, trying to figure it all out.

When the class left to start their research, Ryuu and the blonde talked about what kinds of topic they could select. In the end, they chose to do the lava lamp -- a fun and simple project.
"Oh? So you are quitting the team, ne?" the vampire questioned, grinning slightly at the thought of her finally being herself. Leaning back in his chair, Ryuu turned his head to look at Jannessa, not realizing that doing so would put their faces just inches from each other. Suddenly, he noticed everything about the girl -- her fair skin, where imperfections were a myth; her almost radiating hair. Even though his blood was no longer pumping through his body, a light blush spread across his cheeks. What... I... shit... "I-I mean," Ryuu stuttered, blinking a few times. "I'm glad that you're finally doing what you want to do. No one can control you once you start making your own decisions." Absentmindedly, he started to play with a lock of Jannessa's hair that fell out of place. "Does it feel good? Making your own decisions, I mean."

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 AM

"Seems to be a simple enough task. I want nothing to do with cheer leading. I guess I was just excited to be apart of it with my mother and father OH SO proud of me," replied Jannessa shrugged her shoulders. With their faces inches apart like that, a blush spread across Jannessa's cheeks. She just smiled, hoping the lighting of the library would tone down her redness. But soon, it got worse when Ryuu took a strand of her fallen hair and began to play with it. Her eyes darted to his hand as her heart sped up. Why didn't she ever feel this way around any other guy before?

She just looked at him when he asked her that questioned and just smiled. "Kinda. I'm just getting use to it now," Jannessa said with a small and tiny giggle as she shyly brought her shoulders up to her jaw. A sheepish grin covered her features.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-31-2011, 02:03 AM

Ryuu let out a hearty laugh as Jannessa made that sort of gesture. "Stop being adorable!" he managed to say, having to hide his face in his hands to prevent her from seeing the massive blush that was spreading across him. Damn, damn, damn, why is this happening!? Never had Ryuu felt these kinds of emotions rushing through his veins. It was overwhelming -- euphoric. Everytime the blonde spoke to him, it was as if the vampire nonchalantness just dissipated. Sighing, he peeked at her through his fingers. "Silly, you'll get used to it soon enough. It feels great to do the things that you want." Lowering his hands from his face, Ryuu grinned happily. With one of his hands, he gently stroked Jannessa's cheek with the very tips of his finger.
Wait.. What? What am I... doing?
What was he doing? Why was he touching her? Why did he even have that sudden urge to touch her?
What was going on?

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:23 AM

"Yeah..."she breathed as her smile slowly faded when Ryuu made that gesture. Jannessa's first instinct was to panic when Ryuu reached out to touch her. But she found it not-so-very-panic-ey when the feeling of his skin upon her's was perfect. She fought to keep her eyes opened as she looked into Ryuu's eyes. What was happening? What was this she was feeling? What was he even thinking? Was...Jannessa beginning to crush on Ryuu...big-time?

Jannessa blinked and turned away, looking back at the computer. If it was her imagination, she'd might as well act like it was what she thought it was. "So these are the resources we'll need..."

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-31-2011, 02:34 AM

Snapping back to reality, it took Ryuu a few seconds to collect himself. Why was doing all of that? He shook his head slightly and looked at Jannessa, listening as she mentioned some supplies that they would need. After a while though, he softly said, "I'm so sorry for... Whatever it was that I was doing. I didn't mean... I didn't... Mean to make you uncomfortable." He wiggled in his seat slightly, then sighed and placed his hands on the keyboard, quickly typing up a list of everything they would need for this project. He tried to pretend that his fingers never met the soft skin of Jannessa's cheek, and he tried to forget the beating of Jannessa's heart which pounded in his ears. Am I... Falling for her...?

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:49 AM

Jannessa jumped and shook her head violently. "No, no! You're fine!" she said, all of a sudden feeling awkward. As Ryuu typed and came into contact with her hands every now and then, she didn't do anything. She just let them stay there to feel the brush of his skin. "So wanna just meet at the library after school to start on the essay? And then after, maybe...catch a movie?" she asked.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-31-2011, 03:08 AM

Shocked, Ryuu looked at Jannessa, blinking a few times before answering. Movie? What? Is she trying to ask me out? I thought it was suppose to work the other way around. "Ah, yeah, sure!" he stuttered after a moment. "I'm sure we can finish the essay in no time at all. And a movie sounds great -- nice way to relax, hm? We can go see whichever movie you want as a celebration of your freedom. I'm paying for it all, no exceptions!" Laughing quietly, he flashed Jannessa a huge smile. Playfully, he poked her forehead and smirked. "And I swear, if you even try to pay for anything, I'll pick you up and carry you around the theater. Princess-style." He winked at her, nudging the blonde lightly with his elbow.

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM

Janessa threw her head back and laughed harder than she's laughing in a long time. "Do it! I dare you!" she said as she relaxed her head back down to normal and just shook it, now giggling none-stop. "I'll let you pay for my ticket. That's it. But I'm buying my own popcorn...and pop...and candy..." she said as her laughing finally stopped. But after she finished saying that, her laughter cracked right back up again. She could hardly wait. Butterflies were fluttering endlessly in her stomach at the thought of a movie with Ryuu. Was it a date?"

Jannessa didn't even notice the staring eyes of students from around them. Of course the teachers could care less, but the fact that a former cheer captain and the new dark and mysterious guy were talking as if they knew each other their whole life. Two days. That's all it took, Jannessa said to herself as she pressed the print button and got up to collect the pages on their lava lamp they would need for their essay.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-31-2011, 10:41 PM

Pouting in mock defeat, Ryuu surrendered. "Fine! Whatever you want, Jan." It was the first time he'd used the blonde's nickname -- and it felt really damn good. Chuckling, he said, "We must look weird, ne? Former cheerleader and creepy loner dude acting all friendly with each other. In all honesty, it feels good to beat the hell out of the stereotypes."

Right before the blonde stood up, Ryuu caught a lock of her hair between his fingers and muttered, "I'm glad that you're happy," and smiled warmly as she stood up to take the papers out of the printer. Ryuu stared at her for a little bit, trying to look as non-stalkerish as possible. It wasn't difficult for him to hear the beats of her heart going faster and faster. Heh, my reaction would probably be the same... if I still had a heart that could work. To understand those kinds of human emotion -- it was hard, almost impossible, for Ryuu. Yet, he always felt something, it just wasn't clear what the something was. Nervousness? Love? Lust? He really hoped it was just the first two. Perhaps, the thought that they were going on a "date" was overwhelming the vampire. He'd never experienced anything close to this in the first place, but there's a first for everything.

Turning back to the computer, Ryuu had a miniature brain-blast. It was only a little burst, but it was enough for him to bust out the introduction paragraph for their essay. Bah. It's probably not amazing, but at least we have something to branch off of. Without hesitation, he emailed the paragraph to himself so that they could open the file later. Maybe we can get to the theater faster this way. I don't think I can wait long enough.

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-01-2011, 12:47 AM

Jannessa looked at Ryuu and smiled a big and warm smile. "I am too," she said as she grabbed the printed papers and talked to the teacher a bit about their assignment, making sure she was doing things correctly. To her dismay, she was completely in a good mood, wanting to to be the teacher suck-up all of a sudden. The teacher himself was indeed impressed with Jannessa's sudden good mood. When he taught her for her Sophomore year, she was the quiet, lazy, and unhappy student in his class. He never got into it. Jannessa thanks him for the information just as the bell ended. She put her papers away in her planner and stacked her books, sliding into her jacket as she hugged her books to her chest and headed out the doors to head to lunch.

She could legitimately hardly wait for the movie tonight. She couldn't stop wondering how long it would take to start on the essay. Maybe if time was good to them, they could finish it all in one day. Working together wasn't even hard, compared to how she was feeling the first day that the teacher announced that her and Ryuu were to be working together.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-01-2011, 01:20 AM

When the bell rang, Ryuu stumbled to get out of his seat. When he got on his feet, he calmly walked right out, looking for Jannessa. He started to worry -- she'd changed so much in the past 24 hours, and that might cause her "friends" to abandon her. "Damn it, Jan..."

He only had to search for a few seconds before he saw her blonde hair. Heh... So noticable... Feeling a little like being a prankster, he sneaked up behind Jannessa and wrapped his arms around her waist just like that day in the park. "Don't just leave me behind," he playfully growled into her ear, nudging the side of her head with his own. Gently, he picked her up a few inches off the floor and twirled around once, letting her laughter fill the hallway. He didn't care who saw. He didn't care what they thought. This was fun, and that was all he wanted to do for Jannessa. Putting her down, he skittered in front of the girl and stuck his tongue out.

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:51 AM

Jannessa was just about to close her locker door when she felt arms wrap around her waist -- familiar. She she heard Ryuu speak, she laughed, her laughter bringing other's attention to the two. She closed her locker just as Ryuu turned her around. She laughed and poked his forehead as he stuck his tongue out at her. "You're such a clown," she said with a giggle as she turned back around and piked her book bag off of the floor and put it on her shoulder as she grabbed his arm by his jacket as a motion to head towards the lunch. "C'mon. We'll be late for lunch. I don't want to stand in line for most of the time we have to eat," she said with laughter in her voice as she let go of his sleeve.

ChiNoMizuumi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-01-2011, 04:03 AM

"Uwaa.... Hey! I'm not a clown!" Ryuu pouted, giving her the puppy-dog eyes. "It's your fault that I'm always so hyper now." He ruffled her hair lightly and chuckled. When they got to the cafeteria, the lunch line was still short, so Jannessa was able to get something fairly quickly. However, just like every other day, Ryuu got nothing. "Heh, sorry. I'm not hungry. But I'll just keep you company while you're in line," the vampire stated, winking at the blonde. Gehh... She's going to realize one day that I don't eat. This is going to be difficult to explain. Sheeeesh... Nervously, he ran a hand through his spikey, gray hair, looking somewhat detached.

~{MagikRiter}~
Je t'aime toujours.

Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 AM

Jannessa shrugged her shoulders and looked at Ryuu as she flawlessly passed through the crowd forming at the hallways of the lunch room, and, and choir room. "It's okay. Company is better than no company...but...are you alright?" asked Jannessa as she noticed something was suddenly wrong with Ryuu (How do you pronounce that by the way?), worried so sudden.