SABBACI
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-29-2012, 01:26 AM

On a faraway, there was, long ago, a mighty creature, who lived underground and occasionaly showed herself. Her name would be Desiov, and she was essentially a mass of life, with many arms, tentacles, mouths, and, most importantly, eyes. Desiov constantly wantched the world through eyes that grew like flowers out of the ground, and her mysterious existence, for millenia was simply to observe everything, sometimes guiding it.

Desiov observed life unfold before her very eyes, plants being eaten by creatures who too were eaten. She saw life become increasingly intelligent, with lions, elephants, and her favorite, dolphins. She learned to communicate with them and was much happier for it.

However, for all the eyes in the world, Desiov had only one heart. When, from a faraway planet, in vessels that could have been nothing other than a crude act of will, landing from the sky onto her home, she soon fell in love, as they were like nothing she had ever seen. Studying their systems of communication, she replicated their signs, and, one day, when they were all together, she made a series of snakes saying

"Hello. I am a living, sentient, befing, just like you. I have been watching you for a long time." Then "I love you" was formed by birds carrying fruits the humans never saw before, which, after tests for safety, proved delicious.

The humans disagreed on what to do with this discovery. Some were wary, others wanted to leave, and, of course, others wanted to get to know whatever it was watching them and communicating to them better, a few already loved her back.

The next day the researchers left their ship with a days worth of supplies, and found a garden. Flowers of all colors that they had never seen before, surrounded by a hedge broken by several trails promising to lead to things more wondrous. Before they could turn their heads, a hole appeared under their ship and the earth swallowed it. They realized that it contained, like everything else where they came from, a vast treasury of knowledge: literature, art, science, the whole lot of it. They wouldn't be missed for months, and they were at the mercy of Desiov.

So where did Desiov come from? What fate will befall our heroes? What is love to a creature like Desiov?

---

Rules:
Mene's above all
Respect and courtesy (to each other, if it's part of the role-play, it's fine)
Minimal literacy is appreciated. A basic tenet of writing, I think, is not to make the reader do more work than you want them to (or than they want to)
Post at least twice a week, especially if you're in the middle of something
PM characters to me, and I will post them in the following segment
Rules may change

This is the first role play I've done in a while. So please tell me if I need to do something.

---

Characters:
Note, in addition to their characters, everyone can make Desiov do things.
The most obvious choice would be one of the researchers, but you could also be someone back home, an alien, or a creature on the planet, or something. Just make it interesting.
Quote:
Quote:
Username: SABBACI
Name: Jeremiah Henderson
Appearance: taller than not, black hair, blue eyes, looks vaguely intense
Bio: Began life in a space capsule experiment, now a member of a researh brigade sent to examine a planet with life on it.

Last edited by SABBACI; 09-29-2012 at 02:03 AM..

Quilleria
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2012, 08:33 PM

Username: Quilleria
Name: Tora
Appearance: average hight, with cropped red hair, yellow eyes, and has distinctly pointy ears.
Bio: Only an adolescent on her planet, she was sent to accompany the human spaceship to further research the origin of life.