Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-04-2013, 04:53 PM

"Eep!" Ryker squeaked out the second Cion started to circle him. Veiling his vitals as if they were being examined, he bashfully turned away before looking at Masuyo. "I feel so violated." Even in the mist of the impending danger, he was still able to joke around. It was just one of his character flaws, or at least that's how he saw it. He always assumed that if he were a bit more serious, things might pan out better for him. Still, he opted to follow the friendly, fun, and lighthearted path. Even if he did come across a bit daft and aloof, the rusty haired beau just couldn't fathom living his life any other way. Besides, with so much darkness around them, it was nice to have a reliable ray of light to look toward.

Ryker frowned the second the robot referred to him as a number. Under his breathe, he muttered, "The name's Ryker or Ry-Ry, not Two." The machine did bring up a valid point though. Standing around here was a bad idea. Still, Ryker couldn't help but feel as if there was something more to be done here. There was just something that felt... off. Standing on the balls of his feet, he looked over the top of the grass. Not really spying much, he moved back to his tree branch. Scanning the area, he looked for something. There was a gut feeling that if they left, they would leave someone behind, and Ryker couldn't do that. Brows furrowing, he scoffed at himself for not having supervision.

"The cave is quite a hike from here. And I don't know how I feel about Ana using her teleportation to that extent." Ryker looked down at the crew standing below him. There was no way he could carry all of them there either. A part of him wanted to stay here long, too, which would remove him from the pool of helpers. But that wasn't very nice. Either option left him in a pickle. Finally caving, Ryker cocked his head to the side, and looked at the two lovely ladies below him. "Whatever our young misses want, I shall do." Smiling, he awaited instruction.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 12-04-2013, 05:06 PM

Chumana watched as the little robot circled all three of them. The surprise came to her when she heard that this girl was another experiment, and so was this male. Looking between the two and then to Ryker, the stakes just got higher. Swearing under her breath in her native language, she moved back to the male's side as the other two prepared for the arrival of the monsters. "Stay behind me." she said firmly, drawing her arrow and bow again. "Ryker, keep her safe. When I get the chance, I will teleport her and Nine first. I trust you and Cion to be able to handle yourselves." she said and then as the beasts came into view from the undergrowth, she let her arrow fly once again. She killed one instantly before it could even trip over the wire, the arrow plunged through its eye. The other two were going to be more difficult. These boar type things had much thicker skin. And arrows wouldn't do much but piss them off. As they tripped over the wire, she looked around for a good possibility to fight with. She could use her dagger, but engaging like that would leave Nine, and Cion vulnerable. Still Ryker also had to protect Five. How frustrating.

She then remembered the quill covered beast she shot and turned swiftly. Grabbing the hand of Nine, the woman pulled him swiftly along and behind the rusted car where the body was. Pushing his shoulder so he would duck, she then moved towards the dead animal and pulled out her dagger, carefully grabbing a quill, she reached in between them and cut it from the skin. Doing this three more times, she then cut a niche in the ends and pulled one back taunt on her arrow. Ryker had always told her she had brilliant ideas, and thought on her feet, hopefully this moment was no different. Praying in her mind that it would work, she aimed, and shot. A quill pierced the shoulder of one of the beasts. The other was just about to notice Ryker and Five so she shot that one too, but missed as the earth shifted from their heavy steps. Watching as the quill only hit its leg and didn't really do anything but draw attention to her and the other two she swore again.

Stepping back to the other two, she put her hand on Cion and then grabbed Nine's shoulder. "Don't hold your breathe, it makes it worse." she warned and met Ryker's eyes for a split second. She would get these two out of here, and then be back to help. "Please keep in touch, and try to keep calm." she instructed, as she watched both boars come charging at them from two sides. Waiting until they were nearly upon them, she then flexed her powers and they were gone with a snap right before they were hit, causing the two boars to collide. Arriving in the cave, the woman sighed and looked over Cion and Nine and then grinned. "Good no one fought the current." she commented and then swiftly walked to the cooking meat and turned it over before walking back to Nine and Cion. It was still raining here, and was much more peaceful. "I will be right back." she said and looked at the robot. "keep him here." she ordered and with another pop, she was gone.

By this time she knew she only had one teleport left in her, even if she didn't show it. She was extremely tired. Arriving next to where Ryker and Five was, she saw the boars still fumbling to get back up from hitting each other at full speed. Looking over to Ryker who was now on a branch, she smirked. "I will teleport us...." she said and knew what Ryker was feeling. She had been able to read him quite well ever since they met. Still feeling that something needed to be done here, but knowing that safety was their best option, she reached up and touched his foot as she put her hand on Five's shoulder. It would be tough if she freaked out on this journey, especially injured. "Please be calm and don't fight the flow. Just keep breathing, it can be quite uncomfortable." the native woman warned, and then with a pop they were off.

Chumana found it much harder then she thought. If she didn't push hard enough all of them wouldn't make it. Gritting her teeth she gave a grunt and pushed with the last of her strength. The other two made it through the space rip just fine, she on the other hand did not. She got caught as the opening closed on her arm. Giving a cry of pain as she appeared a second after them, she was sent tumbling on the ground. Trying not to writhe in pain she cradled her left hand to her body. The skin had been ripped off in most places, leaving it a bloody mess. Such was the dangers of teleporting. Not all of you came back if you fought it or were tired. Tears stung her eyes as she laid on her back and stared up at the ceiling. Her arm from her elbow down was bleeding quite badly, and hurt so much she didn't want to move. But she probably wouldn't be able to anyway, she was so tired that she was about to pass out. Ryker was not going to be pleased.

Last edited by Seer Of the Future; 12-04-2013 at 05:08 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-04-2013, 06:13 PM

The girl was smart, but she was also stupid at times. This was one of those times. With her arm wearing the scars of a teleportation gone wrong, Ryker was left to do all the mending. It also meant that he was left to fend for all five of them. It shouldn't have been a big issue, and yet it was. Why? Well, Ryker didn't know where these three outsider's hearts laid. With Ana out of the picture now, Ryker was vulnerable to attacks. He easily could have defended (well, technically flee), but that would leave him down a partner. Suppressing the thoughts of traitors within the cave, he moved beside his bleeding comrade. Without saying a word, his green orbs looked into her tired eyes. The look he gave her was enough of a scolding, but it also served as a piece of praise for she successfully moved five bodies (well, technically her own body needed to be counted two more times, but Ryker wrote that off as a "duh" thing.).

"Feel free to eat," came from his lips, obviously speaking to the newcomers. With his hands working on patching up the injured experiment, Ryker wondered just what would have happened had he been injured. With his curiosity piqued, the man realized that he was the glue that held most of this crew together. He was the oldest and knew the area the best. Not to mention, his first aid wasn't too shabby. After all, back during the years of life, he would sustain people's lives before the EMTs showed up. He even took a few classes to ensure he was doing it right.

With much patience and repetition, he slowly had the woman's arm all wrapped up properly. "Remind me to change this every four hours. We'll also need to wash it to prevent infection." From the looks of the wounds, Ryker envisioned the injuries were more like that of burns than anything else. They weren't super deep, but they could have been if her timing was more off.

Massaging his forehead with his left hand, the male mulled over the previous happenings. Why where those three here? And why did the animals seem to know this? Was it written in the stars that these experiments cross paths? Looking over at Cion, Nine, and Masuyo, he analyzed each one. None of them looked dangerous. If anything, they looked lost and confused. They were all so young compared to him; he could only imagine what raced through their minds.

"Eat up and try to get some rest. You all look like you could use it. I'll keep watch," he said while standing and moving to the cave's mouth, "though I don't suspect we'll need it. The rain does a nice job masking our location." Looking out past the water, he let his eyes extend as far as they could. He knew that, just beyond that far mound, laid the city they just left. With a sigh, he couldn't help but feel a bit empty inside, as if... someone was missing.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-04-2013, 10:21 PM

“If you mean a survivor of this mess, then obviously yes.” The young girl answered, seeming distracted, Alpha could tell she was being dismissive, keeping something back, but he knew even if she either didn't or was in denial.
As the girl walked past the fire the weak flames fluttered, threatening to go out, but they gave Enough light to show her features better, she was young as he had thought, those blue pools of her eyes gazing towards nothing. Her frame casting a small shadow behind her, she seemed so small in this fierce world, so vulnerable. But then he wasn't in much better shape himself at the current moment. But Alpha knew better than to underestimate anything that at first looked harmless, especially if he was right about her, he had already seen her use some kind of powers.

“When did you find this place? It doesn’t really seem like an extremely safe place. The walls are thin to the outside your escape route barely opens…Are you sure that you don’t want me fix those up? I mean they might heal faster that way.”
Alpha looked at her with a slight frown, was she changing the subject?

"No I'll be fine, but I need to keep myself dry! I'll throw on my clothes and we can bug out, this was the first place I found Hun, it's no palace, but one of the first rules of survival get shelter, and in this weather, get shelter fast!"
As he stood and turned his back to the girl, he grabbed his clothes that had been hanging from a piece of twisted metal next to the burning debris. He threw of the rags, and spoke as he carefully got dressed. His back covered in more silvery scars long healed, his frame well built, the melted snow glistened as it dried, and small whisps of steam drifted from his shoulders. Just below his ear on his left side of his neck, a dark black bar code was tattooed there.

Well I'm Alpha, and I know what I am, but anyway I'm guessing you have been given a name, or at least given yourself one?

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 12-04-2013, 11:00 PM

Thistle had distracted herself while she waited for him to answer; when she heard him speak she looked over at him. She noticed him changing but also all thee old wounds on his back before she looked away again. “I would really rather you not call me Hun, it sounds like a caring word but we have only just met.” She said factually while staring at the walls. Reaching out to it with her hand she closed her eyes and felt the density of it, her assumption of them not being strong was right. Listening to the storm outside she changed the density of the walls so that they were stronger, it would resist and initial attack but after that she was unsure. Opening her eyes she smiled saying “We can stay here the night; it seems that it will hold for the night, plus with the weather outside like you sad finding shelter is the first rule.”

She turned back around to face him when he introduced himself and nodded towards him saying “I am Thistle, always have been and always will be.” She smiled kindly. Thinking about what he said again she asked “You said you knew what you were, but isn’t it obvious that you are human?” To her the statement sounded slightly off, unless he was like her then she would have something to worry about. She looked around the room once again she felt a lot safer within it now then she had so she concentrated of the finer details.

It was quaint looked like it belonged to someone of at least some wealth as there were a few belongings scattered around the room. Looking thought the rough bits of the room she did see the potential it once held. She sat down beside the fire and took off her gloves before saying “It is good to hear that you will be fine though, I mean I would feel horrible knowing that I couldn’t have done more to help. But I do have a question…” she paused before asking “Why is it you have a bar code on your neck? I mean I have seen plenty of tattoos but to have a bar code it seems strange to me.”

She took the red ribbon from her hair and brushed it out slightly to get rid of the snow that had gotten stuck in it. Then again tied the ribbon into her hair weaving it in and around other pieces of hair while staring into the fire. She added another piece of wood to it from what appeared to be a shelf lying close by. “You should get some rest, you look tired and you’re injured. I can take the first watch if you would like.”

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-04-2013, 11:28 PM

Nine blinked slightly, as his arm was grabbed by the woman. He had been so lost in thought, that he did not really have much time to say anything at all before they were suddenly off. He felt the rush of the energy around him, his stomach doing a bit of a flip. When they stood moments later within the cave, all of this did nothing for his already reeling head. Cion looked fine floating there, he seemed to not be phased at all but then again he was a robot. They did not get sick or sick feeling in the slightest. The woman spoke to them, and then she was gone again, leaving the two within the cave alone. There had been beasts out there, smaller than the one who had attacked them, but bad ones none the less. They had come to attack them, he could feelt the dark intentions coming from them...but how? None of this made any sense! "Are you alright?" Cion floated in front of him now, looking at him.

"I..." he did not have time to respond, for the next moment the others were back. The woman fell to the ground, looking like she was in pain. Nine froze, his body not wanting to move. He watched, feeling useless and yet he could not force himself to move at the moment. Cion on the other hand, sped over to their side as the one he had refered to as Two bandaged the girl up. Cion moved in front of the girl once the man moved away. "Here, this will help with any pain, and speed up healing" staring at her bandaged and wounded hand, a blue light moved out of Cion's faceplate. It moved over the hand back and forth, slowly dulling and numbing most of the pain. Nine looked from person to person, few words being exchanged at the moment. The man had mentioned food, as the woman had before, but he doubted he would be able to swallow anything right now.

Why was he so numb? He couldn't react....did any of them notice? If they did, he must have looked like a coward or something. He looked down at the ground below. He needed to think, to run through and process all that had happened. Closing his eyes, he took a breath, slowly mulling them over. He had woken up in the lab. He had met Cion, then been attacked by that beast. The others had shown up and helped. Now he was here. That was the basic steps, but all of it in detail was more complicated and shocking. Especially when he could not remember anything about him. Who was he? Why could he not even remember his own name or anything. And moving that car....that had been him, and feeling the others. Even now, he could feel the uneasiness of Two, the pain of Eight and the feelings within five as well. How?

He moved a hand to his head, their minds...their feelings were...He did not fully understand it, but he felt like it was alright, like it was natural for him. How this was natural though was beyond him. He took a breath though, getting so worked up was not going to help. He hoped this place was safe, he felt connected to the others, so he allowed his body to slightly relax. He found himself finally able to move, slowly moving to the mouth of the cave by the other male. His eyes moved to him for a moment, and the feelings he was getting from him intensified as he focused on him. They seemed to grow inside his own mind, worry about the female, worry about this land, uncertanty about them. He flinched, looking away, his hand returning to his head. Were those....his thoughts? Not just feelings....but what he was actually thinking?

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 12-05-2013, 12:30 AM

Skylar woke to what sounded like an attack. She jumped up and was instantly awake. But, there wasn't anything there. No beasts. But, she could still hear something. Hesitantly, she went over to the door and peeked her head out. Nothing nearby, but she could still hear something. It was coming from an area, heavy with beast activity. She weighed her chances and decided she would be reckless. She took to the skies and landed on the sturdiest tree she could find. High up, she looked below. A large amount of the mutations were gathered around a single area. She thought she had seen people. Maybe it was just trick of the eyes, because the next second, they vanished.

Was she imagining things? Were there really people there? Couldn't be, they vanished. No one is able to just vanish. She hopped down from the tree and flew back to her shelter. She sat back down and tried to make sense of what she saw.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-05-2013, 01:51 PM

Alpha chuckled as he responded, avoiding her request for him to rest.

"okay not Hun,...thistle , and probably just as prickly? you'll have to forgive me but sometimes out here with these creatures, civilities went the way of civilisation...down the sewer!.. And me being human?"

Alphas tone changed to to more quizzical, and pushed out his bottom lip, tilted his head before he finished...

"That depends, on what you would call human Thistle, I'm not a usual human, besides they're a bit...let's say endangered nowadays..."

Alpha paused and bent down to poke at the fire, and turned over the piece of wood Thistle had placed into the fire, the flames began to grow and a nice stream of heat and light began to pour onto the two.

"Ha, and my barcode? Because I was one of many, of a great project... Good or bad, I couldn't tell you, but great Thistle, none the less.
I was just simply the first to survive, the number one, the Vitruvian man, as he would say"

As the fire flickered over Alphas face it fell into shadow, and he's voice became lower he starred into the fire' a smaller scrap of wood that he held in his fingers burned, the flame creeping down the splinter reaching his fingers, he seemed to ignore it at first, before flicking it back onto the fire.

"But you don't have a barcode do you Thistle?... What number is yours?..."

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-05-2013, 04:39 PM

Resting a hand on Nine's head, Ryker offered him a smile. "You okay, sport?" For the moment, his mind was off the thoughts of insecurities and abandonment. He was focused on the lad beside him. Had he approached him to see advice? The two of them were, technically, the only two males. It was nice to have another guy to interact with, Ryker was thankful for that. From the looks of it, Nine was a teenager, which meant the poor lad was practically born into the world of chaos. Odds were, Nine had a lot of questions and Ryker, being the oldest of them all, would probably have the best grasp on the situation. At least, that would be the assumption. Sadly, it wasn't the case. Ryker was just as lost as the rest, for the most part. Still, it was against his nature to turn anyone down.

Ryker moved toward the fire and fetched up two plates -- one for he and one for Nine. Offering it to the boy, Ryker took a seat closer to where he previously stood. Patting the ground lightly, he invited Nine to join him. "Have a seat and eat up. Ana needs to rest and Cion seems to be tending to her well." His eyes looked over at Masuyo. She would probably join them momentarily, but Ryker wanted to give Nine a chance to speak. Smiling up at him, the rusty haired male could only do his very best to ease the kid's nerves.

"So what's on your mind, kiddo?" Picking up the smoked meat, he began to eat it. It was rather tasty too! Ana always did a splendid job spicing up the food. Back when they first met, Ryker call it's Ana's Voodoo Magic. Since then, he learned that it was just herbs and spices from her home region (still voodoo, in his mind). "We have vegetation too, should you not be a meat eater," Ryker chimed in, realizing that perhaps Nine was a vegetarian.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-05-2013, 06:21 PM

Nine blinked a bit, looking up at the hand on his head when it came. His attention turned back to the other as he felt the shift in his thoughts. He took the plate slowly as it was offered to him, but his stomach was still in knots at the moment. He moved slowly to the other’s side as he patted the ground. This guy was acting like he was a child, though he honestly did not know how old the other was at the moment to say much on that. He glanced over at Cion taking care of the woman, before looking down at the plate before him. Questions? He had a lot of them, but no idea where to begin at all. Taking a breath, he slowly looked up at the other. “Who…are you?” Cion had stated all of them, but really he had not been paying much attention. Introductions were needed. He couldn’t just call this guy ‘hey you’ forever.

He felt foolish asking, but that was an ice breaker right? His mind moved a moment later to himself…what if the other asked his name in return? He had no idea who he was, let alone a name. What would he tell him? Nine…that was what Cion had said, but that was a number, not a name. He needed one, but he could not remember what his real one was…the one from before. His mind faltered slightly. Before? He felt like an echo of who he was supposed to be now, a husk of what should have been…or was. Something slightly clicked within his mind…Echo….he knew a name for that…that meant that, from somewhere. It was very familiar….H? He tried to focus…Hi….Hib…Hibiki? That was it…

It was a Japanese name right? He had been there…Japan...at least that was what it felt like. It was a little odd to think that, but he had a feeling he had been there. The name felt nice, then again, to someone who couldn’t remember their own, it was not much of a stretch. He made a decision, until he learned what his own name was, he would take on the name of Hibiki. He at least had one answer…though everything else, was still a blur.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 12-05-2013, 08:01 PM

Chumana looked up at Ryker as he looked down at her. His eyes said it all, and she looked away after awail. Like she had thought, she had given him a huge heart attack. Like he had taught her though, better to ask for forgiveness then permission. "I'm sorry." she breathed softly, watching as he moved to take care of her arm. This wasn't the worst pain she had been in, for this problem with teleporting had been more prominent when she had been getting a hold of her powers. Ryker had seen the terrible wounds that could happen when the tare in space closed faster then she expected. Starting on teleporting objects and small animals, many times only half of them came through at first, so he always worried that she wouldn't make it through and be killed. But in her mind, if she wasn't to use her gift, then she had left her people all for nothing and caused their deaths for foolishness.

Doing her best not to make sounds of pain as Ryker moved her hand to bandage it. The skin looked like it had been messily filleted off. Looking down at her hand now covered in bandages, she sighed heavily and looked back up into that fatherly face she had known for years. "Thank you, Ryker." she breathed softly, looking down at the ground. Many times when she made him disappointed or angry, it was like hurting her father. The woman believed since she lost her father when she was so young, that Ryker came to her in her time of need to be her father's guiding spirit. Yet, she wasn't strong enough to discard the memories of her true father to call Ryker that. As Ryker left to the entrance with the other male, she turned to the bedding in the back of the cave.

About to stand, she took in a breathe and then gave a soft gasp as Cion was suddenly in front of her. Hearing the robot, she looked down at her arm amazed and then grinned back up at the little guy. "Thank you so much Cion." she said as the cooling feeling of the receding sting of pain left her arm. Standing up, she had to duck her head or else she would hit a stalagtight. Moving back to the cooked meat, she then put some on a plate and handed it to the girl. "Here you are, have as much as you would like. With your brain I am sure catching food will get easier." she said softly, a hint of a smile on her features. She was just too tired to try and be friendly.

"I apologize if the teleporting was uncomfortable, it usually is better when I haven't done it so much in such little time." Chumana explained and then stepped over to the furs that she fashioned into a nest like bed. She and Ryker usually slept in turns so they only needed one, but now with these new comers, they might need more. Kneeling down, she nearly fell over but caught herself. The world was spinning and blurring. Laying her head down she was out instantly, it was amazing she lasted that long.

ISOS Duke
is a Special Pants

Old 12-06-2013, 01:22 AM

A low rumble came from the large bodied serpent that had made itself comfortable atop a building that it had taken pleasure in leading the attack on seemingly so long ago. The creature totalled at about fifteen feet long from the tip of her tail to the top of her head, and all fifteen feet had stretched itself out to soak up the suns' rays at the highest point of the blasted tower that had caused so much pain and destruction to not only the snake, but so many before and after her. The air was full of tension; for days now, the beasts and plants that roamed the city had been speaking of another than they had missed, one that was in hiding that needed to be taken care of. It was news of that that had brought Quetzal, the leader of all the rabid Beasts and Plants of this new world back to this godforsaken city; the root of all evil.

Though all of the beasts and plants that roamed the earth now had either gone through similar tortures as she did, or had been the spawn of those that had, Quetzal had yet to find another than had evolved to the point that she had. Though, the snake-like creature could not say that she was upset about such a thing, it only made her believe that she had gone through the worst of it all. That did not leave the others as any less hurt than herself, but a part of her was glad that there were those that still may have kept most of their original form or nature.

A growl came from within the building, though quiet, it rang loud and clear within the ears and vibrated the snake's body, catching her attention. Soon after the growling, a series of unnatural noises followed including garbled speech that the creature could not make out due to interferrence of the building. The large black beast inside however, had caught on to its prey long before those being hunted were aware. Quetzal sat up as she listened in on what was happening, sending out her own vibrations to alert other beasts and plants nearby as to what was happening. She wrapped her twelve foot long tail around her, using it to lift herself higher into the air to better sense what was going on not only below her, but the changes going on around her. The going ons in this building were not the only one; things were moving and drawing the attention and alerts of other creatures nearby.

Monitoring the distance would have to wait though, as the action within the building the beast lord was perched was becoming much rowdier than previously expected. It's a mere foolish human Quetzal thought darkly as she narrowed her serpentine eyes, slithering her way towards the edge of the building just as the group made its way to the streets. Even after the car was thrown at the beast, the winged snake did not move; a boy and a robot should be easy prey for any beast, especially a boy that wreaked of being lost and confused. What she was expecting was the sudden appearance of others, first a woman that did not smell the same as the boy, rather completely the opposite; she was confident in her abilities and this set Quetzal on edge.

Quickly lowering her form towards the roof of the building, the snake watched the scene play out; she could smell others nearby, and she could smell blood. Without knowing what these people were and what they held as weapons, it would do Quetzal no good to jump into the fray to save the life of one when she could plan to take out all present in a single attack. Yes, she would get revenge upon those that had hidden from her for so long and she would avenge the life the cat that fell lifeless to the street below.

Rolling her lips back, a small set of fang protruded, wishing to be fully extended, though she stopped them and hissed towards the group that vanished just as quickly as they had arrived. What they were, Quetzal was not sure, but they were human, but they were different than the humans that had so easily fallen to her kind over the years. Once they were gone, their scents fading away, the snake lifted up once again, throwing herself off the top of the building to allow her wings to keep her in the air; the first pair of wings extended where arms would normally be while the others were along either side of her spine, at her shoulder blades and then towards the middle of her back.

Wings taking to the warm breeze, Quetzal made her way towards the body of her fallen companion; her human tongue flicked out to graze the blood and bodily fluids from the beast's fatal wound. Sitting back quickly from the confusing taste; it was earthly, yet not at the same time. It was not something that the beast was familiar with from the local plant and animal life. Rolling her lips back once again, the creature let out a loud screech-like scream that was unnatural for such a beast; it may have resembled a screech of an owl, but it still held that reptilian chill to it. As the sound ripped through the creature, she beat her wings, quickly taking to the sky to try and find where those people had gone to.

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 12-06-2013, 01:48 AM

Thistle looked at him and shrugged saying “I’m not usually prickly, but it all depends on my mood I guess. As for the civilities, I guess you’re right, it’s just something I held onto then.” She had looked back at the fire halfway through saying this. Again thinking about how life used to be before all of this crap happened. Hearing him start on about how he wasn’t really human her breath caught in her chest, she mentally went over where her weapons were just in case she needed them.

Thistle sat intently listening to him when he continued on about his barcode tattoo. Hearing the words “a great project”, she let out a silent sigh and relaxed again. This also let her know that that he was like her and in actual fact was the first one. The also then got excited; she had finally met another experiment, one that had been in another part of the world. Though she still faced the fire as to not expose her excitement she watched him out the corner of her eye. She watched him play with bits of wood from the fire and as the flames licked at his hand for a bit before he threw it back. While watching him she had questions running through her mind, though she wouldn’t ask until she felt it was ok to tell him she was one too.

Thistle faced back to the fire though after a few moments and gazed at it until she heard his next question. She froze for a moment thinking about what he had asking. He knew what she was, but the only time she had used her powers that he would have noticed was when she was cleaning his wounds. But she thought that because of the snow he wouldn’t have really seen it clearly. She didn’t really know how other people felt her powers when she dissolved into them, so she had no idea that he had felt it. So to her it still remained a mystery. She pulled herself from her thoughts and sighed a little saying “No, I think that those were stopped way before me. I got a number tattooed into my wrist; it was easier for them that way.” Pausing for a moment to reached into satchel “I removed though when I found out what I could actually do, for me the reminder wasn’t really welcoming.”

Thistle pulled out her once tattoo number and showed it to him saying “I’m six.” Looking down at the item she said “A molecular density changer.” She knew that she could trust him, he was of course like her, she knew the idea behind the experiments they were supposed to help, and she knew that in the end they would all have to work together to survive. It was hard being all alone for long periods of time; that was why there was so many of them. She looked up at him then asked “So what did they stick you with?”

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 03:11 AM

Alpha fastened his suit, pulling straps tight around his limbs, and pulling a zip up to his neck

"Stick me with?, born with most likely, well nothing fancy like you or the others after me, but as I said 'the Vitruvian man' oooohhh"
Alpha waved his hands in a mock theatrical pose

"father, I mean Vladimir called me, I was meant to be in every way an improved human, from what I have gathered, they selected the best genes and DNA throughout the entire population and spliced them together, I can run like the greatest athlete, and lift the heaviest weights humanly possible. But I wasn't their only attempt, just their first success supposedly"

Alpha sighed a bit, He glanced towards Thistle he couldn't quite make out Thistles expression, but she didn't seem comfortable.

"But hey then they created others, others like you, you shun your abilities Thistle I can see that, but they are a gift, maybe an unwanted one, and for whatever reason it was given to you, it's up to you to make it your own, just know though they may have changed you Thistle, but it is you that decides your fate, it is you that decides what to do?....you can ignore your powers if you want...or you can embrace them, that's your choice, but you don't even realise your full potential do ya' kid?"

Alpha paced around the building, and tapped the wall where Thistle had changed the density, a metallic clang each time he did. This time he knew she cringed at the mentioning of her abilities... The experiments, the procedures.

"Number six, you say...molecular density changer you say?"

Nodding each time he spoke

"I remember the scientists and Vladimir speaking about their future projects, when I was a younger, I don't think they realised I overheard them...The 'William James' augment they said, could pull energy from the multiverse and increase a particles density, pretty cool hey?"

Alpha rubbed his leg where he had been injured

"Or the reverse and decrease a materials density, so you can pass right through it!"

Last edited by BrotherOfDarkness; 12-06-2013 at 04:02 AM.. Reason: Ageing character retrospectively

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 12-06-2013, 03:54 AM

Thistle looked at him when he said that he was possibly born with the powers he possessed, he seemed to be alright with the idea of it. Hearing that he was just a bunch of DNA spliced together though and that he was the only one to survive it was also shocking. She looked up to asking “So you have test tube DNA?” She had heard about that before but she thought that that was left in books; she didn’t realize that they had actually attempted it. Looking back at the fire again she said “But there were others before that failed, that seems bitter sweet.”

Listening to what he had to say about her powers Thistle shook her head a little saying “I was asked to be a part of an experimental team. The meaning I got was that I would be helping not being the experiment.” She paused then said “I shunned them until this all happened, since then I’ve been trying to learn and that is not easy. Not when people depend on you.” She stood up shoving the number back into her satchel when he started pacing the building and watched him. When he went over to the wall and tapped it she didn’t flinch at all, to her it meant that it was still working and that they would still be safe.

When he started going on about her number and what she could do Thistle just stood there and listened. When he mentioned that they had talked about the future experiments when he was there she became more interested. Had they really planned out all the experiments that far in advance? Hearing him talk about her powers specifically she realized that the project must have been really important to plan at least all the way to six.

Hearing that he mentioned going right through things Thistle smiled and said “Yep that’s pretty much me in a nutshell.” She paused then said “The passing though part, that’s save me a few times, as well as a few other people.” She smiled slightly remembering all the close calls that she had made it through before continuing “It’s probably the reason why I’m still alive.”

Noticing that he rubbed his leg Thistle asked “Are you sure there isn’t anything I can do to help? I mean I can at least bandage it up for you?” She paused then said “You should also sit and rest; I mean walking on it isn’t going to help it either.” She walked over to and stood beside him, she wanted to help but she knew when to ask first and since she had really just met him this was the time.

Last edited by Shania583; 12-06-2013 at 04:08 AM..

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-06-2013, 04:19 AM

Alpha reached up and rubbed beneath his chin with his thumb he seemed reluctant to cooperate

"Hmmm, I guess so, you any good at dressings? I don't think I'd be able to get a good look at them, they'd probably need a stitch or two."

Alpha ripped a Velcro strapped pocket and pulled out a small leather wallet, he took out a large needle, and placed it carefully on the fire, he then tugged at the old waterproof,and pulled, a long piece of thread from it.

"I hope you can sow?" He smiled slightly "Don't worry to much about infection, I never seem to ever get that ill, perhaps improved immune system or something?"

He held the thread out to Thistle

"And you can tell me what on this ecologically ravaged earth brought you here? "

He sat down close to the fire.

"And who are these people that depend on you?"

Last edited by BrotherOfDarkness; 12-06-2013 at 04:20 AM.. Reason: Colouring

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 12-06-2013, 04:43 AM

Thistle was glad that he finally agreed to let her help. She watched as he pulled out a needle and put it on the fire before he got a thread from the waterproofing he had. She took the thread and said “I am pretty good at it you could say.”

Thistle sat down beside him and began to put in stiches where they were needed and said “I won’t worry if you say that you will be fine.” Hearing him ask about why she was there and who depended on her she paused for a moment before finishing up the stiches.

When Thistle began on the dressing she said “I’m here because I’m on my way home, well my real home.” She switched to the other wound and said “No one depends on me anymore, their all gone. But it used to be the people of the village I moved to after the experiment. They used me for safety really changing their density when a beast attacked, making their homes safer, that kind of thing.” She finished up then took the remaining thread off the needle and cleaned off the blood with a swipe of her hand and changing the density of thread itself before giving it back to him. She placed the needed in the fire again for a few moments before she gave it back to him as well.

Moving back to where she sat the first time by the fire Thistle asked “What brought you here? For all I knew I was the only one to ever really move up here. I mean it’s nice to see a face again but why would you come up here to where it’s cold?”

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 12-06-2013, 02:42 PM

Right as Skylar walked into the abandoned building that served as her current shelter, she heard it. The scream. It sent chills down her spine, and she could feel her heart pounding in her chest. She darted into the store and grabbed her bag, which she had left so haphazardly laying there. She went to the far side of the building and waited. It didn't take a rocket scientist to know that something that loud, and that frightening, would be dangerous, especially in a world like this. She took deep breaths to remain calm.

What was it doing? Most likely on the hunt. For what? Or who? Her? She couldn't figure it out.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-06-2013, 05:44 PM

Masuyo was still feeling out of place. She couldn’t help, but to find herself wondering if things always moved like a whirlwind when you were around two and eight. Blinking she took the plate from Chumana. “Thank you.” It wasn’t until she sat by the fire on the opposite side of the two males that she realized how exhausted and just how much pain she was in. The woman gave a small smile to the others then looked down at her plate, as if debating about something.

She was unsure if she could trust the others, but for now she felt that she could. Feeling awkward she shifted in her seat. Her stomach growled breaking her train of thought. Masuyo lowered her eyes again, her cheeks slightly red. Not wanting to embarrass herself any further she started nibbling on the meat. It actually wasn’t too bad and her stomach would be very thankful for the meal. After a few bits she looked across the fire. “Thank you again. You really saved me back there.”

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-08-2013, 12:25 AM

Alpha seemed to be remembering something, before,speaking himself, the flickering light dancing around the room, creating shadows in the corners, spotlighting the pair

"I'm sorry for your loss, I think anyone who survives long enough is going to lose people... oh well, I'm not planning to, stick around myself Thistle, this cold wind does something terrible to my skin"

He laughed to himself a bit as he played with the needle in his hand twirling it around his fingers, every so,often the walls and roof would bow in or out as the pressure changed, small breezes slipping beneath the gaps beneath the door, or rust holes, Alpha was imagining her this small form, defending her village, small vulnerable form, full of strength.

"I'm heading south myself, I'm in search of someone, someone I haven't seen for a while, well I'd guess it would be useful to, stick together hey? You and your prickliness, and me and my skill at choosing flimsy hideouts, should be a great combo"

Alpha pulled, open the pouch, and placed the needle back inside carefully. He glanced over Thistle, that ribbon tied back into her hair, intriguing hair, and those piercing blue eyes again, why did they seem so captivating, he had been close to the end before she came, but he couldn't have died there, then. Somehow she had pulled him from the brink.

"Well we'll get some rest I guess, and move out as soon as the snow,storm has died down, already sounds like it easing off"

As Alpha went to lay out and stretch next to the fire pushing another lump of roofing into a pile to use as a cushion, feeling the ache in his ribs now, it was a good feeling, pain meant he was alive, he could feel the muscles twist and stretch, that was good, he didn't want them tightening. He realised then how long it had been since he spoke to a person... A real person.

"You know you're not the first, erm subject that I have met Thistle? I have met another before, and they noticed they could, well let's say develop their powers. They had impressive skills, very impressive, but not as much potential as you though!"

Shania583
(・・^...

Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 AM

Thistle sat and watched the flames, when she heard him start speaking she didn’t even look away. When he finished just said “Don’t be sorry, I understand the situation were all in. We’re either strong enough to survive or die. I just wasn’t strong enough at the time to help.” Looking over at him she said “I planned on leaving tomorrow at some point” she paused then asked “What does the cold do to your skin? I mean I guess I’ve lived here for so long it doesn’t affect me anymore.” and looked back at the fire.

Hearing him laugh though shocked her slightly; Thistle hadn’t heard another laugh since shortly after this all started. She looked over at him once more and watched as he played with the needle, she was confused, what could he possibly be laughing about? When he finally spoke though she realized and let out a small laugh, he was right, they would make a great combo if that was what they were basing it off of. She then said “Basing it on that you would get annoyed by me or we would both die. But yes sticking together would be a smart idea, plus the company would be a great change and we could possibly be safer.” She couldn’t really understand why she was prickly; she guessed that it might be because of how separation from others had affected her. She continued to laugh a little as she looked back at the fire, it was nice, after not laughing for so long the feeling it gave her was a lot better then what it was without it.

When he spoke up again Thistle looked over slightly and saw him lying out by the fire with roofing as a cushion. She smiled slightly and said “Yeah, it should be over by the time we’re ready to head out tomorrow.” She reached over and pulled a chunk of rubble to lean on then said “I’ll take first watch; it’s easier to sleep knowing someone has your back.” She knew that he needed rest more than she did at the moment so she really had no problem with it. She could tend to the fire while he was asleep so that the place stayed warm though out the night.

Grabbing another piece of wood from the broken shelve Thistle placed it on the fire while he spoke once again. She smiled slightly saying “It’s good to hear you at least know of another. While I was there, there were no others and I left as soon as I could afterwards and came up here.” Pausing she poked at the fire then continued “I would expect there to be development, but I am far off of that. I don’t really think that I have as much potential as you think I do, I mean all I do is change the density of objects or myself. It is hardly useful then what I am already using it for.” Leaning back on the rock she smiled then said “Now you have potential, you have you senses and abilities heightened, you would be far better than I in a dangerous situation.” Looking at the fire for the last time she said “But you should really get some sleep thought you need the rest.” watching the shadows dancing across the walls of the room, creating shapes and movement. This is how she would spend her night while listening to the sounds outside of the building to listen for the storm to end and for any approaching threats.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-09-2013, 01:50 PM

Chuckling, Ryker playfully elbowed Nine. "I'm Ryker. I suppose Two works, but I feel like that just removes my soul. I might be an experiment, but I'm still just as human as everyone else. I still bleed, I still get heartburn... hell, I even get headaches!" He pointed back into the cave at Chumana. "And in case you missed her name, that's Chumana. We've been together for quite some time now. I envision my daughter would be a lot like her... had she ever been born. Although, with the bleakness of today's landscape, I'm glad she didn't have to suffer the hardships of life. I feel sorry for Ana, but I know she's a trooper. Besides, her powers help. She can, obviously, teleport. As for me? Well, I have speed on my side." In a sing-song voice he said, "Gotta go fast~!"

Those bright green eyes landed on Nine before offering him a smile. "The water that comes over the fall is drinkable. But, being new to the area, I suggest having the semi-filtered water before getting a mouthful of this stuff. It's clean, but not in the sense that some of us old-timers are used to." His brows furrowed. Oh how he missed the crystal clear water that tasted like... well, nothing. This little thought made him chortle. He was a fan of laughing, as was evident by the number of them that poured from his lips. Even in such a dark time, Ryker was able to find the light and bring out the best in himself as well as those around him.

"It's pretty safe up here. Behind the falls, our scent is masked. And the hike up here? Well it's a real trek. Not many could navigate the rocks to even land over in this cave. I'll show you how to scale the mountain at some point. But, for now, we should all just rest and enjoy the food." Reclining onto his back, he stared up at the cave's ceiling. "I suppose there are more of us," he spoke aloud to himself, "Ana's experiment 8. I'm two. Cion mentioned a five and a nine. That means we're still missing three, four, six, and seven." He scoffed, which drew a sly grin on his face. "And, of course, number one. Ah, it's been a while since I last saw Vitruvius Alpha. We split a few years ago to investigate the area. He went south. I went west. I wonder how his went hunt." Amused at the thought of crossing paths with Alpha again, the redhead let out a happy sigh. "I can't help but wonder if the doc knew something bad was forthcoming. If we were created for a purpose must larger than we all knew...." On that note, Ryker let his eyes close. He wasn't asleep, per se, but he certainly wasn't wide awake. With the warmth from the fire still lingering in the cave, he could feel his tension slowly release, which eased him. These new travelers weren't enemies. They were the beginning of a new time -- a time of survival, trust, and friendship.

BrotherOfDarkness
*^_^*

Penpal

Old 12-09-2013, 01:54 PM

Sleep would be a sensible idea Alpha thought. He knew if he was to heal properly that he should follow Thistles advice, but he would reluctantly leave her up on her own.

"Okay" he said finally

"You take the first watch, but just make sure you wake me when it is my turn!"

Alpha rolled over facing away from the fire, and closed his eyes, he chuckled slightly

"My skin is fine Thistle, I just like to moan a bit I guess, there's a lot more to complain about now than there is to be thankful for"

But he was thankful really, more than he had been for a long time, he had met someone, someone that seemed kind, and caring, that in itself was rare.

"And you seem to put yourself down too much Thistle, there is more potential than you realise... 'Cor just imagine being able to concentrate enough to make an enemies density so low, they'd be blown apart by the wind? Or make the ground around someone so dense, that it changes the gravity?... But I'm just thinking out aloud"

Alpha began to slip off still listening to Thistle...

That night seemed a blur, a mixture of dreams, thoughts, images, and of waking up changing places with Thistle, listening out into the darkness, occasionally venturing out into the gloom, to watch for shadows in the snow, occasional creaks from the metal ruins, or a piece of debris blown past. Causing Alpha or Thistle to become alert and vigilant.

He's dreams and sleep were disturbed. Filled with visions of ice cold sea water, shrapnel raining down, great monstrous Wyrms rising from the ground. One vivid dream that stayed in his memories was of him trapped down a deep hole, a well, with sharp,teeth in the darkness biting at him from below, he tried to climb up towards the sun , but there was two suns not one. "Up here a boys voice called" the one that spoke to him in the snow "up here deadman" the voice began to laugh. Alpha climbed harder his feet slipping on the holds, his fingers bled as he grasped sharp edges, he looked up the clouds were covering the suns pale shades of violet, purple, he got closer to the edge, the suns turned blue, bright burning blue. He pulled himself over the edge, bathed in the blue glow. Ahead of him he could see others, a group of people being chased by beasts, they were fighting, running... He recognised one of them, the rest were strangers to him, but somehow familiar.
Then a large serpent reared up,in front of him as he was about to call out to them, he stumbled back and fell, down the hole, he fell for so long. The suns turned to blue eyes, bright blue eyes. He was about to hit the ground.

Alpha woke with a sharp intake of breath, had he dreamt? He hade vague memories of other people, a snake, and blue eyes. But nothing clear.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-09-2013, 02:53 PM

He was processing the information, the other had said more than just the answer to his question indeed. He glanced back down at the food. He needed to eat something, this he knew. He slowly took a breath and tried it as he thought about all of this. So there were nine of them…these people who were odd like him. He wondered what the others could do. So far apparently one could teleport, the other had speed and he….well he was still figuring that out. He sat the plate down, only having taken a few bites. He brushed a bit of hair out of his eyes, it tended to fall over the right a lot.

His mind was clouded with thoughts, and yet at the same time he felt himself relaxing a bit. He was exhausted, and he had only been awake for a couple of hours. He takes a breath, standing slowly. He needed to stretch, sitting around was not doing him any good, and well, moving helped him think. Cion floated over to his side, “you seem tense.” The newly named Hibiki looked at him for a moment, the robot looking at him innocently enough. It was nice to have others around and such, but it felt a bit…cramped when needing to think. Cion seemed to recognize this a bit, “let’s go exploring!” he said, spinning in a bit of a circle.

“I need to get a feel for the area anyways” he floated off deeper within the cave. Hibiki glanced at Ryker for a moment, and then the others. They seemed to need their rest, while a bit of a walk sounded good to him. He turned, following Cion deeper into the depths. At the back, he paused, looking over the rock formations “odd” Cion poked the rocks, “seems this area has suffered a bit of a cave in.” Hibiki ran his hand slowly over the surface of the rocks. When it came to a certain area though, an odd sensation hit him. Flashes of odd images pulsed across his mind for a moment. “Nnn…” he pulled back. Cion floated close, “are you ok?” Hibiki nodded slowly, the odd sensation within his head lingering a bit.

Seer Of the Future
Live Breathe Art

Old 12-10-2013, 12:43 AM

As Chumana slept, she was at first in a world of peaceful darkness. Just resting and regaining her strength. But then the nightmare came again. It was always the same. Being forced from her people, the painful expierence of the change, seeing her skin crawling and stretching and teleporting off her body and reattaching. Her screams echoing through the labs as her body tried to stay together instead of pull apart and teleport into a million pieces. Then running away from the scientist as he said he wanted more tests. Like a frightened deer, her feet carried her swiftly through the forests she knew as a child. Running and running, tripping and teleporting painfully, loosing skin and landing in terrible places, but she didn't stop. Like a child possessed, she ran for her life. That's when she saw it. The animals attacking the remainder of her people. She tried running to them, but she was caught by the doctor. She screamed in agony and desperation as she watched her mother and friends try their best to fight against the horrid creatures the animals had become. She would never forget their dying screams as she passed out in the arms of the man that took her from her home.

The scene then flashed to her father's death, the wolves attacking him as a group, and her people doing the best to fend them off. It was like a slow motion picture as she slit the stomach of one wolf to look up and see her father falling, getting mauled by three wolves. Crying out in shock she ran towards him, but the dirt changed to grass underfoot, and the scene changed as well. Suddenly it was Ryker, getting squeezed alive by a hideous snake creature. She couldn't stop herself as she screamed to him, trying to run to his aid but never seeming to get there. "FATHER!" she screamed, and jumped, waking herself from the tortured sleep. Landing on her bad arm really smarted, and still in a daze she stood up too fast and hit her head on the lower part of the ceiling.

Swearing under her breathe she slowly sank back down onto her knees and cradled her arm to her body as she stared straight into the fire. That last part of the dream was so new, she had never expierenced that type of dream in her life. If anything, it was usually happier when Ryker entered her dreams, but that sight, of those fangs going for his throat... Chumana shivered. Things were going to change, and this time, her gut was telling her to run away instead of go and face it head on like it had earlier today when they went to the city.