xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 07-02-2012, 06:18 AM

I honestly do not have any idea of new shades... as I assume Basic 52 is all the colors Menewsha shades base on. yep, without further comparing.

But I seem to remember along the line of, we can create our own colors as long as it is 6 shades.
I use the Basic 52 because of the word basic. kind of standard palette mostly to see recolors.
On that issue, actually I started off with just gray scale of 10 different grays, like each 10% intervals of black opacity. Then I will shade the item color blind but only think about the color relation between each other. so when recoloring, it can fit for whichever color the palette is.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 AM

Alex, at this present time, there's as much chance of that happening as there is pigs flying, and hell freezing over :sweat: I don't have the time to do all the things that I need to do now. My poor Yan subforum, bearly updated since it was created :c

I rarely use any of the "basic" palettes, as they are generally too saturated. I might use a version of them, but I tend to tweak palettes for each individual item anyway, if they don't look quite right.

I'll be totally honest. It would be a miracle if I sat down and spent hours creating a palette list, as doing something like that would drive me completely nuts :ninja:

Chickie Nuggs
❀◕ ‿ ◕&...

Old 07-02-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Alex, at this present time, there's as much chance of that happening as there is pigs flying, and hell freezing over :sweat: I don't have the time to do all the things that I need to do now. My poor Yan subforum, bearly updated since it was created :c

I rarely use any of the "basic" palettes, as they are generally too saturated. I might use a version of them, but I tend to tweak palettes for each individual item anyway, if they don't look quite right.

I'll be totally honest. It would be a miracle if I sat down and spent hours creating a palette list, as doing something like that would drive me completely nuts :ninja:
Aww Jelly I don't think anyone would have the time to do it in one sitting. Something like that would have to be done little by little over time. Once I get the opportunity maybe I can take a look at some of the newer stuff and pick out 6 noticeable shades. That's what I did before I saw the chart that Maria posted. xD

As for the 52 color palettes... I never really thought about slightly tweaking the palette if something didn't look right. Maybe I can just do that because I know what you mean about some of the colors being saturated or palettes like "Dragon" where the choices of shades are just weird.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 PM

I have a highly technical way of doing it xD I just select the colour, then in the colour picker window, just move slightly. Straight up by one circle if it's too dark, or diagonally to the left. A little bit right or down to the right corner, if it's too light xD

I made that sage palette by starting with a normal green palette, and going quite a way across across to the left, at the same height as the original colours, where it's blending into the grey tones, so the shades got a lot more muted.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-03-2012, 10:47 PM

I love the sage palette - hope more of the new items people make can be released in it :D

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-03-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
haha no I agree! To be honest I usually pixel in red and jelly just changes the colors to what she pleases XD So if you have any requests for recolor palettes once an item is accepted - let her know. She does teal a lot because I asked her to do so for the boots because hummy specifically requested them of me (and I wouldn't have even had courage to try pixelling if not for hummy). XD

I'll work on it on my day off this week :D

Any palette suggestions for the new palette sheet? Sage definitely, peach, etc?
The electric blue color from the space set o.0

---------- Post added 07-03-2012 at 11:14 PM ----------

I can spend time trying to come up with color listings one of these days. I'd probably not be the best person to make the full chart though o.0

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-03-2012, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cora Lorington View Post
The electric blue color from the space set o.0
I'm off today and tomorrow - although I'm dead tired today after driving for about 5 hours XD Sooooo...I'll probably do it tomorrow if I have a chance :) I'll try to include that :D

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-03-2012, 11:15 PM

lols, I'm in no rush. It's cool that your working on any of them at all.

I just sugested that cause it might push people to use it. I think its a severly lacking color pallet lols.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-03-2012, 11:19 PM

Well I want people to be able to use the palettes they want to use :D

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 PM

Which is why we love you xP

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 PM

Awwww <3 thank you :)

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 AM

you're very welcome ^.^

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Cora Lorington: Demoscout: xuvrette: Alexandrus Gambino: Rozalyne: Terrible D: HamletSpamlet: neller: linapoo: Rainbows:

Alright - I've read a few requests in here for a color palette of colors that aren't part of the Basic 54 palette that Xuvrette already created. So I decided to do that.

I have only some colors here - if you have more mene colors you would like to see a shade palette for, let me know and I'll add it and update the file! (This is in...some sort of progression - just kind of eyeballed the other palette progression and placed them in order that way lol)

And if you want to know why Beige and Lemon have a circle of white - it's because they use white as the lightest shade in the palette

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 07-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Love the new addition of colours! <3

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-05-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozalyne View Post
Love the new addition of colours! <3
Yay :) If you'd like to see more added to it - just let me know :D

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 07-05-2012, 03:45 PM

Sure thing!
I've been slacking in the colouring department. Hah.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-05-2012, 03:46 PM

haha we've all been busy recently - the past week has been pretty dull in here.
I wish I hadm ore time to pixel but I've been working on lesson plans and packing for when I move and start teaching XD

Vanora
Baby Jae

Old 07-05-2012, 03:51 PM

Oh yeah! You must be so excited! :3

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-05-2012, 04:12 PM

Maria you rock!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 07-05-2012, 06:13 PM

Oh, the Calico palette is the White Chocolate palette, I don't think it's overly altered (though there is some tweakage for individual items), just got a different name.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Oh, the Calico palette is the White Chocolate palette, I don't think it's overly altered (though there is some tweakage for individual items), just got a different name.
haha I had no idea! XD But that will help me match items when creating avvies now :D

Alexandrus Gambino
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-06-2012, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria-Minamino View Post
Cora Lorington: Demoscout: xuvrette: Alexandrus Gambino: Rozalyne: Terrible D: HamletSpamlet: neller: linapoo: Rainbows:

Alright - I've read a few requests in here for a color palette of colors that aren't part of the Basic 54 palette that Xuvrette already created. So I decided to do that.

I have only some colors here - if you have more mene colors you would like to see a shade palette for, let me know and I'll add it and update the file! (This is in...some sort of progression - just kind of eyeballed the other palette progression and placed them in order that way lol)

And if you want to know why Beige and Lemon have a circle of white - it's because they use white as the lightest shade in the palette
Saaaaved 8D

Johnny Hobo
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Hobo

Old 07-06-2012, 12:43 AM

Hng more colors! c:

You should add teal when you get some time <3

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 07-06-2012, 01:18 AM

You have a point there.....and hummy would love you.

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 AM

haha hummy already loves me - when my boots were released she asked me to make them in teal for her...and so I asked jelly if she would recolor them in teal and she did...and it seems a lot of items get released now in teal....i'm pretty sure for her lolol <333 I <3 hummy - she encouraged me to pixel so I try to make items in teal for her :D XD

I'll add the palette to the list :D