Mule

Old 12-23-2013, 05:52 AM

Whats your favorite kind of music?
Favorite genre,Group,Song or anything.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2013, 05:59 AM

this might be good in the music forum, maybe?
my favorite changes often so it's mostly whatever i'm listening to at the moment
i have a very eclectic taste in most things

what's yours?

SirGiggleSnort
Mule

Old 12-23-2013, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

this might be good in the music forum, maybe?
my favorite changes often so it's mostly whatever i'm listening to at the moment
i have a very eclectic taste in most things

what's yours?
Mostly classic rock. But yeah it varies.
How do I move it to the music forum?

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2013, 06:03 AM

you can ask a mod online to move it for you

---------- Post added 12-23-2013 at 06:04 AM ----------

neller: is online atm
she can move this to the music forum for you, i believe

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-23-2013, 06:21 AM

I think this is alright where it is! This is General Discussion, after all! And this is a pretty general thread!

But I love me some Classic Rock! I was listening to Aerosmith and ZZ Top, actually, as I typed this. I was supposed to see them in a concert together a couple years ago. Unfortunately that tour was cancelled. :(
(I got to see Aerosmith 3 years later, though!)

Last edited by neller; 12-23-2013 at 06:27 AM..

SirGiggleSnort
Mule

Old 12-23-2013, 06:27 AM

Aerosmith is definitely one of my favorites.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 12-23-2013, 07:54 AM

I started listening to them when I was 13 years old. Aerosmith was my introduction to Classic Rock. Haha. I fell in love with Dream On when I first heard it. My dad was happy to have a Rock buddy. And before that I was listening to like Nelly and 50 Cent. No. Nope nope nope. I'm glad I listen to the music that I do now. Haha.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-23-2013, 11:27 AM

I adore a lot a loathe little.
My favourite genres are alt.rock, classic rock, metal, symphonic metal (lots of rock, I know XP), classical, symphonies, opera, show tunes, musicals, jazz, blues, latin american stuff and soundtracks.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 12-23-2013, 04:44 PM

I'm actually pretty big into Alt. Rock, Heavy Rock, and just about all Metal genres. The louder the better! XD
Electric Six is my absolute favorite right now, they're just out there as far as music goes. I've heard them described as everything from Indie to Disco Metal to Dance Rock to Alternative. They don't really take things too seriously and I love it.
Still good love for ACDC and the others. Even the 80's hair metal scene is fair game. Cinderella and Ratt, good stuff. ;3

DariaMorgendorfer
La La La La La, you're standing ...

Old 12-23-2013, 05:16 PM

My favorite kind of music is joke music. I love Garfunkle and Oates, Tim Minchin, etc.

Mika Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 PM

My favorite genre is symphonic metal, and my all-time favorite band is Nightwish. I mostly listen to female-fronted bands and ones that aren't necessarily what most people think of when they think of metal as a genre.

Lately, though, I've also been listening to some pop music, especially Owl City. I really like the imagery and creativity that go into their lyrics. Sarah McLachlan is one of my favorite artists too, although I'm not sure exactly what genre she would be classified under.

Overall I think I just pay a lot of attention to lyrics in music. A lot of the metal bands I listen to have poetic and well-written lyrics (especially Nightwish); I'm a writer myself, so I guess I sort of subconsciously seek out music that will give me inspiration for my own work.

Clair Voyant
}-(((*>

Old 01-01-2014, 02:39 AM

My favorite groups are:
Of Monsters and Men
Florence+The Machine
Mumford&Sons
Imogen Heap
Ellie Goulding
Marina and the Diamonds
Sigur Ros

....I like a lot of Indie/New age music, but I really will listen to a mix of everything.

fade_to_grey
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-15-2014, 09:10 PM

I kind of tend to what you might call, "genre-hop." I'll stick to one genre for as long as I can by looking up a bunch of songs in that genre on youtube, clicking on the songs in the margins, looking up artists that interest me and listen to all their stuff, and click on assorted playlists of that genre that come up. I love youtube. It's so helpful, because I get tired of songs really fast because I have an unusually good memory. Anyways, so far, I've gone through the usual pop and rock (I largely prefer the older stuff, as in like, pre-2010. Most of the current "top 40 hits" I think are repetitive and sound too much like a simple cut-and-paste job) followed by heavy rock (the likes of Evanescence, In This Moment, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Skillet [even though I'm an atheist lol...]) then my brother got into celtic fiddle music (Gaelic Storm, Enter the Haggis, The Dubliners, The Coors, Cullan's Hounds...) and downloaded a bunch of their stuff and since we share music, I thought hey, I'll give it a shot. Enter the Haggis is freakin' awesome!! And currently I'm listening to the Vocaloids Hatsune Miku and Luka, and also various nightstep and dubstep tracks. I feel like dubstep gets a bad rep because it's such a diverse genre - you gotta search (usually find specific artists you like) and find what works for you.

Pixie

Old 02-16-2014, 03:48 PM

The Beatles. Yep I'm still a fangirl xD
I'm mostly into rock, and anime soundtracks o3o

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-20-2014, 02:44 AM

Hmm, I like K-pop, J-pop, Techno, Pop, etc. Lately I've been listening to Girl's Generation, haha.

ceracun

Old 02-21-2014, 05:41 PM

I love pop! But mostly my taste is just about anywhere. I'm not picky.

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 02-22-2014, 01:40 AM

I love all sorts of music. I'm listening to Joy Division at the moment. My favourites would probably be Kiss, The Beatles, Ramones, Jake Bugg, Franz Ferdinand, Runrig, The Darkness and Michael Jackson. I'm also a huge fan of Weird Al. His songs always brighten my mood.

Midorikawa
Um....................... .........

Old 02-22-2014, 02:13 AM

I don't have a true preference. It's just whatever I like. I am a big fan of country though, and I don't like hiphop or rap too much.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 02-22-2014, 03:15 AM

I like some classic pop,classic rock,J-pop a bit of R&B and mix of others. I'm picky but if I like a song I'll listen to it. just no country for me can't stand it. unless it's something I use to dance to.

MissMiraKitty

Old 02-23-2014, 06:39 AM

Oh goodness. I listen to pretty much anything. Fan of alot of genres. I feel there is great music from pretty much every style. Fan of Dio <3 I have almost all his songs from every band he was in. Also like Weird Al, Dubstep, Country (Mostly 90's country), oldies (40s-60s), 70s rock, 80s, Basshunter, Rammstein, Christian, Just pretty much anything. Music is a good escape :)

TerminalGodhead

Old 02-23-2014, 06:43 AM

I tend to swing from Alt. Rock, to indy, to reggae and back again.

Katherie

Old 02-23-2014, 04:55 PM

Pop.

waytodawn
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 PM

My favorite kind of music is K-Pop, J-Pop, or anything Pop, and I also like Rock and Techno, but lately it's been K-Pop!