Neko
Mina.
Send a message via MSN to Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Neko

Old 05-30-2010, 03:43 PM

Anything by Sunny :]

Dr. Nyx
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2010, 06:07 AM

The best Vampire series I ever read is the Anita Blake Series by Laurell K Hamilton. It is still going on, actually. It's one that actually kept my interest. Twilight was not really good at all. The first book was nice, then the second book was just stupid. And you also realize that Bella is a "Mary Sue". So I didn't even read Eclipse and New moon. The Silver Kiss was quite a cute little book, but it is not a series, so it doesn't count.

I tried getting into True Blood, but I can't stand to look at the main character. Not only was Anna Paquin obviously NOT meant to ever be a blonde, but she has a super annoying gap in her teeth. And if the main character is hard to look at, the series is going to get annoying.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer was pretty good. It had a lot of comical parts that kept it fun. But I only bought seasons 6 and 7 because they had spike in them, and he is hot like the madness. XD

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 05-31-2010, 07:35 PM

@ Dr. Nyx I think you mean Breaking dawn??

Also I've started reading something called "The Reformed Vampire Society" It's so weird. But pretty cool.

stephstar101
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM

I'm reading the Chronicles of Vladimir Todd :) It's a good series, although it could be better.

Dr. Nyx
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-01-2010, 02:53 AM

@carzeebear: Yeah, you're totally right. I wasn't really thinking about it, lol.

atkdid
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to atkdid Send a message via MSN to atkdid

Old 06-01-2010, 03:50 AM

I didn't like the Sookie Stackhouse books at first but after forcing myself through 2 of them or so I found that I really enjoyed them.

Luinsulteri

Old 06-09-2010, 09:29 PM

*shudders at the thought of Twilight* I personally do not like Twilight...at all. I've been borrowing the House of Night series from a friend.. although I haven't read the latest one that has come out....I think her mom is still reading it...but I can't wait to read it.

Red Carpet Massacre
*^_^*

Old 06-09-2010, 11:21 PM

Laurell K Hamilton's anita blake series is by far my favorite. I tried getting into the vampire chronicles and I just couldn't, thought that may be because i started on Blood Canticle. Either way. LKH=Win. Twilight was ok, until she rushed the 4th book then i lost all respect for the series.

Demon_of_the_Sand
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-14-2010, 02:58 PM

Vampire Chronicles of Ann Rice

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 06-14-2010, 03:13 PM

well looks like I can put in my two cents here. I have read "Twilight" she, the author, needs to know here areas better before she starts writing about them. read some of the Vampire Chronicles by Ann Rice, she was a good writer for the dark Vampire. read the Anita Blake books..... became to much sex, was a good Idea but ran the wrong way with it. the Vampire Diary's..... I would like to point out that L.J.Smith wrote these before Twilight was even a twinkle in its makes eye, and that L.J.Smith is a good author, if you have read these you need to read her others. now to come to the series that I have recently fallen in love with and has enough of them in it to keep you up for a while.... The Vampire Files by P.N.Elrod. books are set in 1936, and we have private investigators, or as the Brit likes to be called a Private Agent. I have only so far read the first three....the next three were stuck in Chicago for almost a week.... funny that is where the books are set in too.
Vampire manga's that have not been talked about..... model. I never got far in it because of money problems but it was looking good.
there that's my two bits.

happygrim

Old 06-14-2010, 08:25 PM

:Books I’ve read:
-The vampire Diaries-
(It‘s pretty good, much better than the TV show. Though I really really hate Stephan. I want Damon and Elena Together. I also really really hate Katherine, She reminds me of Bella for some reason. The last book I read was weird, It felt awkward to read. It was like reading a manga with no pictures. With all the kitsune stuff. It was really hard not to roll my eyes, I must’ve done it a couple hundred times. All in all I think It’s an ok series, but You’ll probably roll your eyes out of there sockets. )

-The Twilight Series-
(lol, I like the series ok. Bella was a helpless idiot and Edward wined a lot. And the forth book left me disappointed and I had a “WTF?” look on my face for about a month. The overall ending was disappointing. The only person who I thought was Vampire like Was Jasper. Who just happens to be my favorite character in the books besides Alice. I recently found out that there is a full blown graphic novel version, I don‘t own it but I‘ve seen some pages on Amazon, The art looks lovely <3 And in all honesty I think twilight would be a better read this way.)

-The Sookie Stackhouse series.-
(I absolutely love the Sookie Stackhouse Series, It‘s probably my favorite. Sookie ,Unlike Elena or Bella, Is an actual hereon. She can do things and stuff. I hate hate hate Bill. I totally ship Eric and Sookie. I defiantly recommend this series! )

-The Interview with the Vampire-
(This is the only Ann Rice novel I’ve read, I plan to read the others soon. I really love the movie. The book made me feel a little uncomfortable. I know the Vampire‘s are supposed be very sexual beings, but The whole Louis being attracted to children thing just made me feel… ick. But other than that I‘d recommend it.)

:Manga I’ve read:

-Vampire Knight-
(I love the art, Kaname Is my favorite character, At first I shipped Kaname and Yuuki. . I really like this couple. But the fact that their…you know…kinda urks me. I do feel like Yuuki should be with Zero though. )

-Trinity blood-
(The art is amazing, Though I‘ve only read the first volume, The story is funny and entertaining. It‘s a little different than the anime but still great.)

-Hellsing-
( I don‘t fancy the art, but the story is made of awesome. The first anime Doesn‘t follow the manga all the way, in fact it only follows the first few chapters in the first volume. I haven‘t seen the ova yet but I know it‘s follows the main plot more. There’s a lot of blood an Alucard is amusing. I recommend this to anyone who likes vampires that kill people and don‘t sparkle.)

-Blood +-
(It‘s ok. But I wouldn‘t read it again.)

-bloody kiss-
(This is a really cute one shot. I would recommend this to people who like fluffy shoujo.)

I’m sure I’ve read more, but this is all I can think of at the moment.

lillian90005
The scars are nothing compared t...
Send a message via AIM to lillian90005

Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 PM

Hmmmmmmmm....I would have to say the House of Night Series. :) Not really Vampires...more like Vampyres. But still...:) It's a good series. Twilight used to be my favorite series.

xserenityxninax
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to xserenityxninax Send a message via Yahoo to xserenityxninax

Old 06-20-2010, 05:44 AM

Yea Vampire Diaries is my book for vampires i just read the twilight it is ok but i like vampire diaries and I am want to read more vampire books i need more and the anime vampire i like blood plus and i like vampire doll a lot it is funny and good as well.

Snort Like A Pig
Stay fine.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 AM

i've read both as well, and i gotta say cirque du freak beats 'em both. ha ha, maybe because i read it when i was younger and idolized it... and it didn't focus on romance very much.

Darkness_Embraced
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 PM

I hate Twilight with a burning passion. The whole series just sucks...
The Vampire Chrinicles by Anne Rice is the best. 'Salems Lot by Stephen King is second. Then of course theirs Dracula by Bram Stoker.

IngridInnsbruck
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-21-2010, 09:06 PM

I enjoyed watching True Blood, but I was disinterested in Twilight.

Zayix
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-26-2010, 02:16 AM

The "House Of Night" series is really good, depending on your taste.
I personally love it. >.>;;

The "Blue Bloods" series is also pretty good.
Been a while since I've read it though.

The "Vampire Academy" series is amazing.
I love it, I haven't read the newest book though.

"The Last Vampire" series is pretty good.
Only read the first 3 books though.

I have yet to read "The Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice.
Though I've been suggested it and I own it..
Just no time to read it + it's packed.

I have also yet to read "Dracula"... but I own it too..

All the books mentioned are better than Twilight.
The last two mentioned are declared amazing by many people.

Hope this helps~

EDIT// I forgot to mention a series. And I know I can't think of some I've read.

ANYWAY, The "Morganville Vampires" Series is pretty good.
It's filled with smaller books, though.

ChaosCass13
Canada-Cass

Old 06-27-2010, 10:07 PM

House of night has a more unconventional form of vampires.

My friend swears by a book... something... Tod... I dunno. anyways, he's a half-vampire. (interesting concept) I definitely prefer the more original classic vampires. the one's who die in sun-light. But I find that most vampire books have something to be desired, and not many books are good enough for me. Too many people try and make them different somehow. Vampires, in my opinion, should stay the blood-sucking demons with no souls that they are.

----------

OH. and how could I forget Buffy? I love that show! also, for good vampire movies, I'd say Van Helsing. That movie right there is pretty amazing.

BandGeek1101
High school author in training

Old 06-30-2010, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCass13 View Post
House of night has a more unconventional form of vampires.

My friend swears by a book... something... Tod... I dunno. anyways, he's a half-vampire. .
Vladimere Todd? It's a pretty good book series, and House of Night is an awesome series in my opinion.

Anne Rice's "Interview with the Vampire" is a good book too...Vampire Knight has a good concept and great art to go with it.
a good anime/manga is Black Blood Brothers!!!

Last edited by BandGeek1101; 09-18-2010 at 06:47 PM..

XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX
Black Alice
Send a message via MSN to XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX Send a message via Yahoo to XxIron_Maiden_OpheliaxX

Old 07-01-2010, 07:13 PM

If I'm going to read about vampires I prefer Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles to most other vampire fiction. Although Lynsay Sands Argeneau series has unique vampires, and fun heroines.

Yamisho
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Yamisho

Old 07-05-2010, 12:11 PM

I prefer the Sookie Stackhouse novels by FAR, though the Evernight series by Claudia Gray is coming in close to tying.

Lady.of.Destruction

Old 07-07-2010, 08:57 PM

I think the sookie stackhouse series is wayy better than twilight..
I mean...come on, there's more action in it & Eric Northman ;)
Personally, I think twilight was boring- But then again that's just my opinion.

takaratenshi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-08-2010, 06:17 AM

christene fenhen write an lovely and mystic world of vampire that also shape shift . she is a amazing vampire writer in my opinion

naidusiuke
What I can say I like this game

Old 07-08-2010, 10:21 AM

I have read all twilight books and I was interested in them.I liked all of them.

IadulDraculai
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 07-08-2010, 10:27 AM

Basic; Bram Stoker's Dracula is pretty much the vampire Bible, Anne Rice novels (the older ones. The newer ones made me die a little).

If you're into anime/manga at all, Try Hellsing or Trinity Blood.