Old 07-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan

takaratenshi
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-10-2010, 03:57 AM

night world is a good vampire serries also

Sweetcheekz86

Old 07-10-2010, 03:44 PM

To me the best vampire books i have read are The Last Vampire series by Christopher Pike, The Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton's, and Also Billie Sue Mosiman vampire series.

Yamisho
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Yamisho

Old 07-14-2010, 10:29 PM

I like the Stackhouse novels, but I also really like the Evernight vampire series by Claudia Gray, it's very good, dark but good.

cherrykookie
★ ☆ ✮ ✯...

Old 07-15-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.of.Destruction View Post
I think the sookie stackhouse series is wayy better than twilight..
I mean...come on, there's more action in it & Eric Northman ;)
Personally, I think twilight was boring- But then again that's just my opinion.
HELL yes! I love the sookie stackhouse books. I mean come on... Eric northman is so much more drool worthy than sparkly eddy cullen..
í'm a huge fan of the sookie books.. they're so addicting!!

edit: i found a drooling icon :drool:

Last edited by cherrykookie; 07-15-2010 at 12:48 AM..

TempêteNoir
KageShio's new mule.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 PM

I love Bram Stokers Dracula, I have read it more than once. I like the vampire chronicles by Anne Rice, but it's not my favorite. I am currently reading the Anita Blake series, by Laurel K Hamilton. I am on the the 11th out of 19 books of the series, and I adore them. The way Laurel portrays Vampires, Wereanimals and other preternatural creatures is fascinating.

I cannot stand the Twilight books. I could list off all the things that are wrong and insulting but that would just start a fight with the twilight lovers.

as for Manga, I like Hellsing and I adore Vampire Hunter D

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 07-16-2010, 08:20 PM

True Blood is WAAAY better, I don't hate nor like twilight but in true blood they BURN not SPARKLE. Oh and Vladimir Todd is kinda kewl, I only read two books tho. Comparing Edward to Eric Northman...No competition. Eric is SEXIER

Cullen below

Eric Northman below

Last edited by Kia_; 07-16-2010 at 08:27 PM..

SheWhoShallNotBeNamed
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via AIM to SheWhoShallNotBeNamed

Old 08-05-2010, 03:34 AM

I like The Morganville Vampires Series. Its full of action and its not gushy at all.

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-07-2010, 03:14 AM

The only vampire series I have read are the Sookie Stackhouse series, and Rice's vampire novels. I really like the Sookie Stackhouse series. Harris' writing is just really what I like to read..and she makes a fair bit of references to Rice's novels actually. With New Orleans being the mecca for vampires in the south and such...

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 08-15-2010, 07:15 PM

Twilight is fail. Everything about if fails. Also, I don't like True Blood. I'm not much of a vampire-lover, but the best vampire series I've ever come across is The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. You'll be hard pressed to find anything better than that. Anne Rice has such an eloquent way of writing and her characters are so wonderful, it's hard not find yourself submerged into it.

Also, Bram Stoker's Dracula is a most excellent vampire novel. <3 Definately worth the read seeing as it helped start the genre. As IadulDraculai said, it is the "vampire bible."

Last edited by PrincessBane; 08-15-2010 at 07:17 PM..

Cupcake Queen
What is the point of caring and ...
Penpal

Old 08-15-2010, 10:21 PM

i have i read thrist it is the best series ever i am trying to get my hands on the last three books so wish me luck

Death_to_the_reaper
I'm alive. Message me if you rem...

Old 08-16-2010, 07:52 PM

I have read the twilight series, House of Night series, and the Blue Blood series.

I read Vampire Knight, Rosario Vampire, and seen a few Blood+ I think it's called.

D.J. Dead
v.v

Old 08-23-2010, 03:05 AM

I liked the Sookie Stackhouse series a little more than the Twilight series, but I would have to say (in my opinion) that the Darren Shan series is better.

ErikHawthorne
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to ErikHawthorne

Old 09-10-2010, 10:53 PM

Hm. Vampires. Where do I start? :3
Definitely not with the Twilight. Those books make me want to vomit. However some good vampire series and mangas/animes that I've come by are listed below:
The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer(Can't wait until the last one comes out xD)
Bloodline by Kate Cary
Dracula by Bram Stoker
Vampire Knight
Darren Shan saga (though, I hated the ending :l)

And I just totally lost the rest of them within the recesses of my dense brain... Sorry xD My mind is captivated by a different series that doesn't involve vampires.

Last edited by ErikHawthorne; 09-10-2010 at 11:00 PM.. Reason: Thought of more xD

Marshmallow Tea

Old 09-11-2010, 04:18 AM

Personally, I'm hooked on The House of Night books. They're good reads, and packed with humor. Although, the concept of vampyre is different. Still, I'm in love with them.

xoxoHan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-12-2010, 08:01 AM

I've only read Twilight, so I think it's the best so far.

Freiheitsflugel
The Tokio Hotel worshipper...

Old 09-19-2010, 02:37 AM

I like the House of Night. I read Twilight but didnt really wow me. Only Breaking Dawn did, the love scenes were actually interesting seeing as how Edward almost killed Bella xD

Drugger

Old 09-19-2010, 03:11 AM

Personally, I think Anne Rice’s "Vampire Chronicles" are better than either of those. There is a type of philosophy which she pulls off, a depth and romance that goes beyond sexual desire, a deeper type of intimacy than you see in the other two novels you mentioned. I definitely recommend them.

Kistch
Little Kisses

Old 09-22-2010, 12:10 AM

My favourite series is the Anita Blake series but I've read a few good ones, unfortunately, I can't remember them all D:
Peeps and Kissing Coffins are pretty decent and more appropriate for younger people than Anita Blake.
I really can't remember the other ones but there are some really good ones. D:

R a n d e h
your best pal
Penpal

Old 09-27-2010, 03:25 PM

I've read the Twilight saga and it wasn't terrible. The story itself was neat and a fast read.

However, it sits in last places in compared to other vampire series I'm into XD;

House of Night was excellent, but Vampire Academy was by far my favourite. I'm waiting for the last book to come in soft cover...in order to not ruin my collection XD And it's killing me to wait D:!!!

The Sookie Stackhouse novels are fun. The first one, imo was absolutely terrible, but when you buy the whole set you end up reading them anyways. The 2nd - 8th books were GREAT, after that it's like they're just being popped out to make money.

Interview with a Vampire was amazing.

The Vampire Diaries imo, was stupid. The show is scandalous and great, the books are meant for tweens. I can see ten year olds reading it and liking it. They were horrendous.

Amethyst Lavenlight
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-28-2010, 05:40 PM

Twilight was all right, but I can't stand Meyer's writing style. It's just too...elementary. I've seen one episode of the Vampire Diaries. Hated it. Reminded me too much of a Twilight with college student partiers. And a dude on there has Edward hair. :I

Manga-wise, I've checked out some of Vampire Knight--that was cute. And I remember reading another really weird (but funny) vampire manga: Vassalord...It had gay vampires. >.> OH. Trinity Blood was great, too.

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku

Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 PM

I've read Twilight, and the rest of the series, it was okay, but Stephanie Meyer's writing style is like that of a little kid. She just used alot of empty descriptions and words that were only used as fillers. They were very quick reads.

I've read the first four House of Night books, and they were very good. But Zoe's way to whiny.

My personal favorite vampire book would be Interiew With A Vampire. I've seen the movie, and I'm currently reading it and it's amazing. Louie is very whiny but in a wonderful way.

Truthfully, I find vampires to become the most cliche subject, but it depends on the way it's written

rawcookiedough
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-29-2010, 04:58 PM

I've read Twilight, some of Ann Rice's books, the first four Last Vampire books, and a few other vampire novels - many of which were kind of fully tween stuff.
I'd say I enjoyed The Last Vampire by Christopher Pike the best.
It's a great series. I haven't read it in a while though and couldn't find beyond the fourth book.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 PM

I've read a lot of books/series that have vampires in them. I've read the Twilight series, House of Night series, Vampire Academy series, Sookie Stackhouse series, Cassandra Palmer series and some of Anne Rice's books. Out of all the ones I've read my favorite are the Sookie Stackhouse ones, Cassie Palmer and Anne Rice books.

I don't really like the first three I mentioned because of the writing as well as the plot.

xRhii
*^_^*

Old 10-01-2010, 02:02 PM

I've read the Twilight serious, and it's good when your short on other books, but you have to think how it's aimed at teens, younger teens. It fits their mindset but not older readers. I haven't read the True Blood books yet as I've been caught on other novels but I hear their pretty good.