rawcookiedough
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-29-2010, 05:07 PM

She's legitimate because she's selling books.
But she's as good as tween fanficiton writer generally is. Young vocabulary with over used and wrongly used words.
That's what is colouring the pool happy for girls, and some boys, nowadays then so be it.
I still don't see her as a writer with any sort of talent, like say, Stephen King (who is lovely with the bashing of her).

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku

Old 09-29-2010, 06:13 PM

@rawcookiedough Stephen King is amazing, both his books and movies are wonderful

rawcookiedough
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-29-2010, 06:26 PM

I love Stephen King.
The Stand and Under The Dome are my favorite, along with Running Man and The Long Walk. 8D
His movies do seem to be the best book to movie/tv adaptations I've seen as well.

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Yeah, I've heard its because he actually helps direct the movies so they stick to the books better

rawcookiedough
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-29-2010, 08:03 PM

A lot of authors okay the script and stuff like that.
I think he's just picker. Haha.

I actually watched the first Twilight movie (my boyfriend reluctantly downloaded it for me).
We laughed at it all the way through. It was actually worse than the book; something I didn't think was possible.

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2010, 08:30 PM

Haha yeah, I used to be in love with the books, but then I looked deeper into them, and realized how immature and flawed it was. The movies are horrible, and have none of the right actors. Kristen Stewart is a horrible actress and a fly trap, her mouth is always hanging open.

rawcookiedough
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-29-2010, 08:38 PM

I didn't mind the books for what they are. I was looking for mindless before-bed-reading fluff. That's what I got.
I didn't mind the acting so much in the movie, it was the dialog. :lol:
I mean, the actors were doing what they were told to do. It's their job. But they didn't decided that the script should be so bad.

Honestly, the only thing that really disgusts me is that is has such a following. And what a nasty following it has.
The fangirls tend to be terrible. And really, is this what 'the next generation' should be looking up to?
Mary-Sue's and borderline-abusive relationships?
I feel ashamed of my generation for that. Though, it also means I have it a bit easier since there are so many numskulls in my generation. But there's no fun in that for me. =/

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM

I know right? It's so hard to find someone who isn't a mindless zombie

rawcookiedough
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM

I haven't had much issue with my friends circle. They like making fun of anything that can be made fun of.
And the few that do like it don't go on and on about it. They like it and don't care that others don't. They're great.
But it always seems to be brought up, even some of my family is enamored with it. I scoff at it, and a normally pissy I'll-punch-you-if-you-say-the-wrong-thing family member damn near cries. It's pathetic. /rant

I like zombies. =3

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2010, 09:39 PM

Zombies are epic lol, I kind of obsess over pokemon xD

rawcookiedough
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-29-2010, 09:44 PM

I've been a zombie fangirl for a while. As long as it's not in black and white I'll watch it. I bought my first zombie book the other day. It's much better than I thought it would be.

I love eevee.
S/he's so cute.

AkuRoku_xox_SoRiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 PM

Eevee is sooo adorable, my personal fave is Cyndaquil and Glaceon, they are strong and cute

Angelica_Eve_Jeske

Old 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCass13 View Post
I mean, I know she has a few best-sellers, but what is her credibility as a writer? Is it Edward? Bella? Jacob? or do you think it actually is a good story-line?

Personally, I hate how people are actually using her quotes to gain popularity on their books. Like, for the mortal instruments, Stephanie Meyers' quote is front and center and take up more room than the authors name. Libba Bray is on the Back. I personally love Libba Bray. I think she's fabulous, and I would rather read a book she enjoyed, rather than a book Stephanie Meyer enjoyed because I do not respect her as a writer.

Mortal Instruments could probably gain their own popularity with out Meyers' quote, because It's THAT good of a book.

So what do you guys think?
Holly Black used to be on the cover of one of her books. Then she got removed for Meyer. Boo Meyer

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-05-2010, 01:14 AM

The fact of the matter is that she wrote a book and it got published. That make her legitimate writer. Does it make her a good writer? Not necessarily. Her writing is full of plot holes and random inexplicable nonsense like the sparkling which would have been tolerable if there had been a reason for it or even an explanation as to why his skin is hard and multifaceted enough to sparkle while still allowing him all the normal range of movement. Unless they are somehow magical (which would be the only reason the sparkles don't show up in artificial light as well as natural light) they make no sense.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 10-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Honestly, I think she's a joke. Her writing has a lot of errors and the story line jumps around so much. I only got about half way through the first book and could not read any more because it was that poorly written. I mean if you have that many issues as far as grammar and story lines go maybe you should at least have someone edit your writing before sending it to be published.

She could have written a decent book if she actually put more effort into it. Then again there are those people who really think they can write when they can't so who's to say she's not like that.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 10-09-2010, 11:57 AM

I think she just tapped in to the market at the right time, she saw the gap and filled it. I don't think she has that much tallent as a wrtier however, be books are easy to read and I like that but as far as plot goes she's pretty aweful.

Banshee
Cthulhu Spirtualist

Old 10-12-2010, 09:48 PM

@ ChaosCass13

No, I do not think she is a legitimate writer, but even she said she wrote them from a dream. So, at least she was honest about it.

fishyfey
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2010, 12:26 AM

She writes. She is published. She is rich. - She is a legitimate writer. If she is any good is up for debate, but she is a writer.

RainbowRhino
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-15-2010, 06:26 PM

To the people saying that she writes and gets payed and that makes her a legitimate writer: no. That makes her a legitimate author, as in the profession. But a writer is an artist, it takes craftsmanship and no, Meyer can't do it. But neither can many published authors (Harlequin, anyone?). There is a market for Meyer's style of drivel, so she writes it, companies publish it, and kids read it. I accept her as an author, but I'll never respect her as a writer.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-15-2010, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowRhino View Post
To the people saying that she writes and gets payed and that makes her a legitimate writer: no. That makes her a legitimate author, as in the profession. But a writer is an artist, it takes craftsmanship and no, Meyer can't do it. But neither can many published authors (Harlequin, anyone?). There is a market for Meyer's style of drivel, so she writes it, companies publish it, and kids read it. I accept her as an author, but I'll never respect her as a writer.
Well said I second this! Here, here!