SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:26 AM

I can't believe this hasn't been started yet..and if it has well I guess I just missed it even though I looked x.x

Anywho, tell us your favorite book quote, who said it and what book it's from!
You can even say why you like it! :)
All I ask is that you follow Menewsha's Rules and please don't give too much away.

Mine is...

Quote:
"I held you in my hands, Wanderer. And you were so beautiful."
Ian, from The Host by Stephanie Meyer.
I love this quote because it was just so meaningful to Wanderer that someone cared for her no matter what she looked like.

Last edited by SesshysMiko; 07-01-2010 at 04:16 PM..

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 AM

Since that is a quote you are uhm...quoting, it should be in quote tags since you didn't come up with it yourself.

Quote:
I think part of being a parent is trying to kill your kids.
From Christine, by Stephen King. There's no real reason for it. It just makes me LOL.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:16 PM

Sorry pweep I thought the quotation marks covered that. Changed it though! ^^

That is a funny quote! <3 Stephen King

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 07-01-2010, 05:51 PM

It's Mene's rules, it's gotta be in quote tags. ^_^

I know! It makes me laugh so much. I'm sorry it's not inspirational or meaningful, as most favorite quotes probably are, I just think it's hilarious xD

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 PM

Oh, duh! Silly me :x

And that's okay! It doesn't have to be all that! :D
I can't think of anymore right now I need to go back and re read all my books >.< lol

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-02-2010, 09:02 AM

hmmmm... from Tricksters Queen by Tamora Pierce.

Quote:
"...when I kiss and preen you you won't mate with me, so I thought that if I don't kiss or preen you you will mate with me."
-Nawat (I hope I got the quote right.. I just love it for its logic.

skellig
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-02-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
"He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."
Quote:
"We control matter because we control the mind. Reality is inside the skull."
From Nineteen Eighty-Four, by George Orwell. I've always been fond of O'Brian (the second quote is his) just because he's such a fanatic. An excellent book, a little scary but incredibly clever.

Shiki Nekozawa
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Shiki Nekozawa

Old 07-03-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
"So it’s still standing? I would’ve thought you two had knocked it to rubble by now. What were you doing last night? Discussing the national debt?"
Emmett Cullen, Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer. Now i'm not a Twilight fan but i have read the books & the things that come out of Emmetts mouth make me laugh.

The_Ambassador
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-03-2010, 12:16 PM

Well the first one right off of my head is from The Count of Monte Cristo. One of my favorite classics that I've read recently.

Quote:
I have played my part of providence in recompensing the good now I pray the god of vengeance permit me to punish the wicked.
The Count says it right after he has helped all his old friend and now sets his sights on hunting down those who betrayed him. Very powerful.

Geekasaurous
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SesshysMiko View Post

Mine is...

Ian, from The Host by Stephanie Meyer.
I love this quote because it was just so meaningful to Wanderer that someone cared for her no matter what she looked like.
Oh my gosh, I love that book! ^^ And Ian.. That sexy Irish boy.. xD

My favourite quote is
Quote:
I'm usually remarkably good-natured, try me any day that doesn't end in 'y'.
Said by Jace in City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.. It could be in City of Ashes or City of Glass though, I can't really be bothered to go through them all now. ^^ Either way, anything sarcastic comment Jace says is quote-worthy. *-*

Allan-Hatai
The White Seer of Clan Bahrend

Old 07-03-2010, 09:32 PM

I have to say, my favorite is another from Tamora Pierce. It happens just after Neal gets beaten with those long loaves of bread by his friends because he's mooning over an unattainable girl... Again.
Quote:
Soulless, heartless pages that you are, I ignore you.
~Nealan of Queenscove in Page, second book of the Protector of the Small series by Tamora Pierce.

((I could find so many more awesome quotes in her books, but I wouldn't want to bore everybody or take up the whole thread... :sweat:))

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 07-04-2010, 02:53 AM

@skellig: Oh gosh, definitely. Those two would have to be some of my favorite quotes as well. I'm a huge fan of George Orwell, and besides the quotes you've given from 1984, I also line this from Animal Farm:

Quote:
"Man is the only creature that consumes without producing. He does not give milk, he does not lay eggs, he is too weak to pull the plough, he cannot run fast enough to catch rabbits. Yet he is lord of all the animals. He sets them to work, he gives back to them the bare minimum that will prevent them from starving, and the rest he keeps for himself."

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:17 AM

@everyone: These are wonderful quotes and they're actually making me want to read more!

Tamora Pierce is apparently popular! The name sounds familiar but I don't think I've ready any of her books. Oh well, I just might have to!

@shiki: LOL Gotta love Emmett, he's amazing! Lucky Rosalieee~

@Geek: Yey! :D I was thinking about going through the City of BonesAshesGlass and doing my favorite quotes but I think I'd be quoting the majority of the books. Jace says the funniest stuff! I think I'll go read them all again now~ haha

@Allan: Please, feel free to post any of your favorite quotes, I really want to hear them! There's plenty of room here for all your favorites ^^

@Aeschylus: That was a great quote, and so true!

And of course I just had to add one~
Quote:
Alec muttered a retort into his coffee. It rhymed with something that sounded a lot like "ducking glass mole." -
XD From City of Bones I believe. I just about died when I read that!
I know it's not really a quote but....it's funny! :D

Shiki Nekozawa
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-04-2010, 08:00 AM

I have 2 more
Quote:
If love be rough with you, be rough with love. Prick love for pricking and you beat love down.
Mercutio from Romeo & Juliet
Quote:
My only love sprung from my only hate! Too early seen unknown, and known too late! Prodigious birth of love it is to me that I must love a loathed enemy.
Juliet from Romeo & Juliet

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 07-04-2010, 08:06 AM

@Shiki Nekozawa: Definitely one of my favorite Shakespeare lines as well! My favorite play would have to be Macbeth, though. The plot is just... wow. It's so ironic.

Shiki Nekozawa
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-04-2010, 08:36 AM

@Aeschylus: Romeo & Juliet is one of my favorite stories cuz there isn't a typical happy ending. & I haven't read Macbeth, but i guess i will now that i've heard it's good.

koshkatamara
Tamara

Old 07-04-2010, 09:03 PM

Wow! I love all of these quotes! Especially the Tamora Pierce ones. I don't have a favorite (of almost anything. Why pick just one?) but I will try and dig up one that sounds good...

Quote:
uncle Eddie has gone, thank the Lord. He actually asked me if I'd like to ride in the sidecar on his motorbike. Are all adults from Planet Zenon? What should I have said? "Yes, certainly, Uncle Eddie, I would like to go in your prewar sidecar and with a bit of luck all of my friends will see me with some mad, bald bloke and that will be the end of my life. Thank you."
Georgia Nicolson from Angus, thongs, and full-frontal snogging.

I just love this series because she is just so ridiculous it makes me laugh!

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:10 PM

@koshkatamara: Pick as many as you want! :D I know I have tons of favorites lol

That's a cute quote, by the way! xD

koshkatamara
Tamara

Old 07-04-2010, 09:35 PM

Thank, SesshysMiko! Sadly, most of the books that I actually own are for younger people(not all, but most). I love the library.
But here's another one...

Quote:
Boys. In every village there were boys, teasing, taunting, pinching, kicking. Always they were the scrawniest or the ugliest or the dirtiest or the stupidest boys, picked on by everyone else, with no one left uglier or stupider than they but her. And so they taunted and tormented her. In every village. Always. She closed her eyes...
The main girl from The Midwife's Apprentice

I think I just like this one because it just kinda makes a lot of sense.

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 07-04-2010, 10:05 PM

That one kind of makes me sad >.<

I own mostly teenager books so it's okay :lol:

I love the library too! I haven't been in forever cause I don't have time anymore but I need to go now cause I'm doing a book challenge thing on here and I don't have most of the books I put on my list lol

Lady.of.Destruction

Old 07-07-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
"..When major badasses greet each other in movies, they don't say
anything, they just nod. The nod means, 'I' am a badass, and I
recognize that you, too, are a badass,' but they don't say anything
because they're Wolverine and Magneto and it would mess up their vibe
to explain"
~Simon from The Mortal Instruments

Lol I love that part.

Last edited by Knerd; 07-11-2010 at 07:13 PM..

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:23 PM

Simon's amazing!! xDD I'd so choose him over Jace >>

Oh and sorry but on here you have to put [quote] tags around quotes :x

Lady.of.Destruction

Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 PM

oh sorry about that...as you can see I'm such an airheaded noob..lol >_<

SesshysMiko
Literally, I can't.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 PM

It's quite alright! I did the same thing until someone corrected me xD and I've been on Mene for 2 years xD

Welcome by the way :D

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 07-11-2010, 06:31 AM

Since I saw some people quoting Shakespeare up there, I'm going to go with another Romeo and Juliet quote.

Quote:
Do you bite your thumb?
I can't remember which one said it exactly, but I think it was Mercutio or Benvolio.

Quote:
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended: That you have but slumbered here while these visions did appear and this weak and idle theme no more yeilding but a dream. Gentles, do not reprehend, if you pardon, we will mend. And as I am an honest Puck, if we have unearned luck, now to scape the serpent's tongue and we will make amends ere long. Else the Puck a liar call, and so goodnight unto you all. Give me your hands if we be friends and Robin shall restore amends.
I think that's how it goes. The last monologue in Midsummer Night's Dream. Puck has always amused me.

Quote:
Lord, what fools these mortals be!
Puck, MSND, Act 3, Scene 2, Line 115.

And there is one in Much Ado About Nothing where Beatrice says something about a bearded man...I think it went like this:
Quote:
He that hath a beard, he is more than a youth. And he that hath no beard, he is less than a man. And if he is more than a youth, he is not for me. And if he is less than a man, I am not for him.
Just everything that goes on between Benedick and Beatrice throughout that play makes me laugh.