mini waterbender
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 PM

what is your imput on twilight? i saw 2 of the movies and they suck so is the book any better?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-14-2010, 12:58 AM

Yes, the book is far better than the movie. (as per usual) but still not brilliant, really it's up to the individual, you may have to read them for yourself to find out.

Rooh
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-14-2010, 06:08 PM

The books are definitely better than the movies, but only because a movie can only show so much, not to mention the books are written in the view of Bella and a movie can't exactly portray it the same way, and it tries, which honestly only makes it worse. In my opinion the books aren't written very well, but the story is still enough to keep you reading to find out what happens next. Not in an exciting sort of way, though. More like morbid curiosity.

It's really dependent on the reader if you'll like it. I enjoyed the read, as it's not horrible, but I would never have chosen to read it on my own (it was recommended to me), nor will it be a book I ever choose to re-read.

Hope that helps ^^

-The Half-Blood Princess-
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-14-2010, 07:41 PM

Maybe it's just me, but I actually think the movies are better...

I'm not a Twilight fan, though, and the reason for that is mainly because I really dislike Stephenie Meyer's writing style. So going by that logic, I actually don't mind the movies, because I don't have to read her writing.

On the other hand, a lot of people like her books and don't mind what I mentioned. And I've only seen the first movie so far, so I can't say for certain what the next two are like, but I do suspect that they changed at least some parts of the plot for the movies, as they always do.

DarckGodessa
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-14-2010, 10:06 PM

Well, in my opinion, they both suck. The books...they are not well written and they desperately scream "I NEED TO GO TO A PROFESSIONAL EDITOR!!!". And in the movies, they leave most of the important and good stuff out. But I was shocked with Eclipse (yes I saw it because my one friend who's been close to deathly sick asked me and I want to spend as much time with her as possible...)...Eclipse had all of the important details in it. Now the first movie is screaming for the producer who did New Moon and Eclipse to redo it. |:P

Yamisho
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to Yamisho

Old 07-14-2010, 10:48 PM

The books trod along at least with the movies it's over quickly, but the books go on and on.. the books are by FAR worse than the movie.

Kia_
(◎_◎;)
Banned
Send a message via Yahoo to Kia_

Old 07-16-2010, 08:17 PM

It took me a week alone to read the first chapter of the first book and then I was hooked-But it was okay. Movies left things out as usual and the books are okay. I don't hate or like the movies &/or books. Tho it's funny to see people chose sides for bella to be with, like: Team Edward, Team Jacob-They are the main ones. ♥ I know how to solve it and get ppl to stop choosing sides. "Team Jacob/Edward" just to shut ppl up ☻ Kill Bella or make her leave the story and stick em together. TRUE BLOOD is better and they BURN not SPARKLE.

Riley_Dragonseeker
Dutchess of Creepers
Send a message via MSN to Riley_Dragonseeker Send a message via Yahoo to Riley_Dragonseeker

Old 07-17-2010, 03:42 AM

the books are way better than the movies but go see the movies just to point out everything that they changed or didn't put in and other things:mrgreen:

xoxoHan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-12-2010, 10:45 AM

Ye, the book is really better imo. I don't really like the movies, but I've watched Twilight and Newmoon for the fun of it.

Starling.Blackwood
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 PM

Meyer did NO editing what-so-ever, a 9th grader would have written it better.

It's written through first-person, so it's like a 12 year old girl is writing a fanfiction. It features Meyers blatantly obvious self-insertion Mary-Sue, who lives in a world identical to her own except everything that happens is what she desperately wished could have happened to her.

So no, the books are not better.

SaetonChapelle
Do not fight with the ignorant. ...

Old 09-23-2010, 08:12 PM

I don't like Twilight. /waits for the hordes of fangirls to devour organs ... Okay, fear over.

I find that Twilight is not an intelligent book to read. (I have no seen the movies, and I won't) Just as my boss stated "I like books that I don't have to think about, hence I like Twilight". Besides the fact I hate my boss, I found this hilarious. I am a huge, HUGE, monster fan. I adore the dark tales about the evils of mankind, the symbolism for the taking and coming of Earth, as well as the fears that we all share but into physical forms. I adore all such. However, Twilight destroys this.

This will be a remake of a past post, but I figure I'll copy and paste.

Vampires are dark creatures of the night who feed on the blood of unsuspecting people. They are a parasite. They are mean, cruel, and none too pretty. They desire life in the most animalistic of ways. The desire for reproduction does not stand on a sexual sense, for it is only by transition might they continue their population, as some old books tell us. Others however speak about the cannibalistic nature of man him-self, the need to feed upon the nutrients that allow us to survive.

I have read the books for the purpose of reviewing. (If any of you want to see an in-depth detailed review, just send a pm) After I was done I felt like my soul had been ripped out. Not only was I able to finish all the books within a matter of a few days, but I got nothing out of them. No form of insight, no care for the characters, no words of wisdom. Nothing.

Besides the obvious plots that the female lead is obviously useless and can't make up her mind, toying with these guys for how long, I find that the book isn't even written well. The grammar is terrible, and it sends out powerful messages to the target audiences that it shouldn't. Women should be subservient, women should just listen to what the male lead character says and accept it as is. You can mess with the males feelings as much as you want, don't worry, they will keep crawling back.

Besides this, I find the rape of the original view of vampires completely torn apart. I had to laugh when, at one point, our female lead gives birth to the child of the vampire and herself. Uhhh.... he's dead?! Sperm can't survive inside the body in degree's lower than basic body temperature. He shouldn't even be able to get an erection. Of course this is all minor to the facts that our werewolf lead decides to mark her as "his", even though he's how much older? Hm.

Also, why is this vampire in high school? He's how old? His life is terrible but he continues to live in it residing in a local high school in the middle of no where with people just getting out of puberty. Odd. Maybe he loves the young ones, who knows.

I have a more in depth review of my annoyance toward this book, I won't spam any longer. However, you get the point. Interested, contact me.

Katlyn
Workaholic

Old 09-25-2010, 01:19 AM

I actually really loved the book. It wasn't the best written, but the plot In my opinion is beautiful.
I'm not a Twi-Freak. But the movies were great as well. However, If it were my choice, I'd replace both Robert Pattinson, and Kristen Stewart, with better actors. Kristen Stewart was terrible as Bella, and is terrible PERIOD.

She stutters and stumbles like a moron, and I don't even think that was her trying to be in character, No wonder though, she's a stoner. >.>
As for Robert, he is WAY too over rated. He isn't as good looking as all the "Team Edward" Teenie Boppers let on.
I think he is average.

PaigePanikk
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to PaigePanikk

Old 10-02-2010, 10:24 AM

I personally cant stand the movies AT ALL.
but i have heard the books are amazing.
I'm a complete bookwork myself, but i havent read the series because i was put off by the first movie so badly.
I havent watched any of the other movies. If theyre anything like the first i wouldn't be able to sit through them!. :P

xRhii
*^_^*

Old 10-03-2010, 08:32 PM

The books totally beat the movie, because let's face it those movies just sucked. But I wouldn't exactly put them on my list of most favorite books. But you must keep in mind they seem to be aimed at the younger teens, especially with the way things happen.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2010, 03:04 AM

I find that I like neither the books nor the movie. I think it may be that I find the whole "Girl meets Vampire" theme redundant. I also don't like teen romance novels. Although Twilight involved vampires it was more about the developing romance between Edward and Bella, I didn't like either character and found the relationship more disturbing than anything else. Edward says to Bella "I want to kill you." and "you're my own personal brand of heroin." To me this comes across as creepy and obsessive, and I don't think I'd ever want to here that from my love interest. On whole it's a very masochistic relationship and you'd think if Edward was so concerned about Bella staying away he'd have tried harder to avoid her. Neither character comes across as very deep or very strong and although I had to finish just to see how it all ended and so that I could legitimately say I don't like it. I will not be re-reading the series or watching any more of the movies.

bertbum

Old 10-05-2010, 11:57 PM

A vampire book where the vampires sparkle, only drink animal blood, and noone dies equals boring. -.^

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-06-2010, 01:12 AM

Amen to that. Vampire without scary vampires are just kind of pointless. Edward may as well have been a pixie.

RisikaFox
is bored... Amuse me? ^^

Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 AM

I've only seen parts of the first movie, and I've read the first two books... I will say that the books are better, but that's not really saying much. I consider Twilight to be on par with some of the less-than-well-written fanfictions I've read.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-07-2010, 03:33 AM

I have to agree. Twilight reads a bit like a fanfiction. Oh and by the way....

Polarisld33
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2010, 02:29 PM

The Twilight books I've read were very juvinile and not very interesting or good. I'm actually astounded at how popular it got! It was just another Romeo and Juliet-esque love story. The main character is stupid enough to make it embarrassing.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2010, 08:07 PM

No it's not Romeo and Juliet at all! If it were then there would have been more of a resistance by their respective families instead of Edwards family immediately accepting Bella as his girlfriend. Also if it were Romeo and Juliet their teenage stupidity would have killed them. In short it would have made a better story. No this isn't Romeo and Juliet it's Mary Sue meets "Vampire".

Polarisld33
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2010, 02:07 PM

I meant by her people and his people don't get along (her father inadvertantly sides with the werewolves b/c of his old friend who happen to be the enemy of the vampires). And their teenage stupidity would have killed them other than the fact he can't die and he won't let her. Regardless, it was sappy and predictable and I fail to see how it is supposed to appeal to anyone over the age of 15. I think we can all agree at the very least, it left something to be desired.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2010, 07:34 PM

Yes there's no question that it was inadequate as a story. My question is does anyone but me feel that Edward is creepy and controlling? He loses his temper a lot, stalks Bella,(Watching people sleep is creepy!!!!) takes the engine out of her car to keep her from seeing her friends and when he leaves her he destroys her things, ( Yes I know he gave them to her but they were still hers and he had no right) and he makes a few comments about her intelligence that are just a little insulting (even if they are true). I think he threatens suicide at one point, he says "I want to kill you" He tries to frighten her but does nothing to keep away from her or keep her away from him, he gets jealous and possesive (isn't that one of his defining character traits?) Wow....isn't he just dream boyfriend of the year? If he were real he'd be a primary candidate for a restraining order. Again it could just be me but does anyone else think he's a creep?

Here's one example from the text....

example Chapter 5 Twilight
" "It's open," was all he responded. He got in the driver's side.

"I am perfectly capable of driving myself home!" I stood by the car, fuming. It was raining harder now, and I'd never put my hood up, so my hair was dripping down my back.

He lowered the automatic window and leaned toward me across the seat. "Get in, Bella."

I didn't answer. I was mentally calculating my chances of reaching the truck before he could catch me. I had to admit, they weren't good.

"I'll just drag you back," he threatened, guessing my plan.

I don't care what the situation is, threatening to drag her into his car if she doesn't want to go is not right.

Long story short: Edward is a P-I-G

Last edited by Faulkner; 10-12-2010 at 07:42 PM..

Polarisld33
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2010, 09:31 PM

I do agree with Faulkner about Edward being a bit controlling and creepy. I always wondered if the reason he didn't want her to become a vampire was b/c it would make them equals whereas he's "superior" so long as he's the one who can't die and has powers, etc.

Faulkner
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-13-2010, 05:21 PM

I had that theory too. Why else wouldn't he want to turn her? He doesn't have the strength to be separated from her and she asks him constantly so what was his reasoning for keeping her human?