gummybug
Just here

Old 10-22-2010, 03:20 PM

What do you think is the best book of all time? xD

You can name more than one realy though :P

PWEEP
Shadow Panda

Old 10-22-2010, 04:20 PM

That would be more of a "what is your favorite book" because no one is going to all agree on one single book that is the best in the entire world. My favorite, and the best book in my opinion, is the Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. We already have a what is your favorite book thread.

Sawvinnah Aodnait
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 AM

Right now, I think the best book of all time is So You Want To Be A Wizard by Diana Duane. It's absolutely amazing, and there are about 7 books in the whole series. You should give it a glance if you're into fantasy type books that have a lot of reality ^_^

RainbowRhino
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-25-2010, 02:00 AM

I would say The Lord of the Rings, counting it all as one book, the way Tolkien sort of did. All my favourite books have been influenced by LOTR, and it in itself is magnificence.

Narcissus
Taking a hiatus. See my sig for ...

Old 10-25-2010, 02:01 AM

You've read So You Want to Be a Wizard, Sawvinnah Aodnait? I've never met anyone else who has! :)

The best book is definitely Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I've never had such a great experience with a book.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-25-2010, 02:20 AM

The best book in the world? That's difficult, blimmin difficult.... Uh... Actually I have no idea, I read too many books to think that one is better than the rest.

Hikari-chan
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-25-2010, 02:26 PM

I would have to say The Hobbit or LOTR, I've been a fan of Tolkien ever since I can remember, you just don't get writers like that anymore. I really admire his use of language and structure, he was really dedicated. He created an entire language for his books. LOTR just blows everything away for me, so many books have been inspired by it. Tolkien was truly a genius.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-26-2010, 04:23 AM

Hey, gummybug! Quick question for you about your thread here. Are you intending this to be about the best book overall (such as most influential, revolutionary, widely-loved, etc.) or as in the poster's personal favorite? If you mean it as the former, you may want to edit your initial post to reflect that to prevent confusion. If you mean the latter, we already have a thread for your favorite book stickied at the top of this forum. :)