Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 06-27-2007, 08:20 PM

I looked and didn't see a topic for this series yet. I'm kind of surprised. It's absolutely fabulous.

There are three books in the series so far:

The Lightning Thief
Sea of Monsters
Titan's Curse

I don't want to give anything away, so I'm not going to go into too much detail about the plot or the characters. The basic idea, though, is that Greek Mythology is all true, and, since the gods are immortal, they still exist. Not only that, but they're still going around having children with mortals. So, you get all of these demi-gods, or "heros" as they're usually called.

The books follow the course of quests, on which they main characters encounter many of the old villians from greek myths. There are also subplotlines, as well as a larger plotline for the entire series. It's also often very hard to figure out what's going to happen next, especially in the third book.

I've been telling people that, if any series has the ability to create another Harry Potter like sensation, it's this one. I recommend it to people of all ages.

Lunaiika
Queen Lavina

Old 04-01-2009, 11:23 PM

Ok- SO! I finished reading that series for like... um... let me check- the 8th time.
yeah- that's 32 books... technically.
But, i was wondering if anyone here has read the series, and if they liked it.
I know I loved it. That's why i read it so many times. Also- the lexile... it was really easy... and that's how i liked that series so much...
But- IF you really liked that series, which character would you be. and WHY? I mean, not just looks... like- personality, family background, MAYBE looks if it's like.. Athena... but mostly i want a more detailed description than this:

SPOILERX

Tyson because he's immune to fire and water.. and the fact that he's a cyclops, or Annabeth because she's Daughter of Athena... and she's awesome...

but I personally liked Zoë Nightshade..

SPOILERX

I really liked how she was brave, and ect.. and especially how she died at the end and she KNEW she was going to die.. but the whole 'smoke' part was weird. I especially liked how she was a constellation afterwords. now THAT'S a cool way to be shown across the sky permanently.

So- just like.. reply with:
#1- if you liked it (yes)
#2- WHY you liked/didn't like it so much
#3- Which character was your favorite
#4- which character was your LEAST favorite (i hate Luke)
#5- if you liked the ending of the books (kinda... they left me hanging and then i had to go to the book store and buy more....)
and lastly
#6- who would you want to be if you had the choice. (Zoë Nightshade)

Last edited by Lunaiika; 04-01-2009 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: I Forgot to add something REALLY improtant.

kuro_ame
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-02-2009, 04:32 PM

hmm... is that the book where the main character is the son of Zeus or something?
I read it a year ago, and didn't like it.

Quote:
#1- if you liked it
nope
Quote:
I can't remember it much but I think it was too centered on the main character
Quote:
I dunno but someone in the hermes house was pretty cool
Quote:
#4- which character was your LEAST favorite
the main character
Quote:
#5- if you liked the ending of the books
I only read the first book
and lastly
Quote:
#6- who would you want to be if you had the choice.
that's a hard one seeing as I barely remember the book and I'm not sure If I'm talking about the same one...

forgive the random postings if I am wrong:sweat:

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 04-02-2009 at 07:12 PM..

Lunaiika
Queen Lavina

Old 04-02-2009, 05:03 PM

lol- you're close. The main character is the son of Poseidon.. and then he meets Thalia- wait you haven't read the other books...
hm- ooh ya... Percy *the son of Poseidon* was like.. explaining the books. You've got completely different book tastes than me..
for the Hermes cabin- do you mean that stuck up jerk Luke? the kid who turned against everything and wanted to rip Olympus stone by stone?

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 04-02-2009, 07:15 PM

Hi Lavina.

We actually already have a thread for discussing this book series, so I've merged your threads together and you can carry on with your discussion as normal. Even though there was only one post in the previous thread, it helps keep multiples to a minimum and not clog up the forum.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to pm me.

Lunaiika
Queen Lavina

Old 04-02-2009, 10:07 PM

nah- i don't have questions. it's fine... i'm just getting used to the rules here, and they're really different... i'm gonna make a mental note on what's what here, there, and everywhere else.
i just didn't read enough thread posts to see this-
sorry.

Slytherclaw
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-05-2009, 07:39 PM

I've heard about this series.
Read the first one a few library visits ago, haha.
My school library recently got in the first three, so I'm looking forward to getting those out as soon as I can find the overdue book that I left at a friend's house.
xD

I'm a Greek Mythology freak, so this series really interests me.
I heard they were making a movie, too, but it might have just been a rumor.

XxDark_ElfxX

Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 PM

i absolutley adore that series. i love greek mythology and spent like all last year reading it. i think the characters are so interesting. grover is my favorite. haha :)

Tsubasa Rose
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-08-2009, 02:56 AM

Ok just gotta start with: I'm so excited there is a thread i Love this series!
Questions- here i go::::
((((oh and I should mention I have only read the first three (as of right now)))))
Quote:
#1- if you liked it
------Hellz Yeah
Quote:
------I really like Greek mythology and was really drawn in by the concept. I love that for a "children"'s story it still stretches your mind and teaches you something. Oh, and I thought it was hilarious.
Quote:
-----Well.... probably Annabeth- she's pretty damn awesome lol but also Zoe ^_^
Quote:
#4- which character was your LEAST favorite
-----To be honest, i really don't like Poisedion (whoa sp? much lol) - personal reasons: I hate absent fathers. But more than that I don't like The God of War (who's name escapes me at the moment)
Quote:
#5- if you liked the ending of the books
------ Uh.... sure? to be honest I'm a little fuzzy and seeing as how the series is still going- that's the ending I will focus on, not so much each book ending.
Quote:
#6- who would you want to be if you had the choice.
------Ok either Annabeth (b/c of awesomeness) but also Thalia (sp? maybe). My friends think i'm a freak (ok the one other friend who has read the series) because I am 20 years old- but I would still become a hunter if i could. I think that is SUPER awesome! I love ~Artemis~ lol

@Slytherclaw: a movie?! wow that has alot of potential to rock! Even though I normally cringe in book-movies : I may actually see this

Last edited by Spring`Tyme Fresh; 04-08-2009 at 01:28 PM..

silverkittyempress
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 PM

Here we are: Last book! The prophecy will be fufilled! Percy will end up kissing some one! And Nico will some how be tied in! What will happen? Who will die? what are your ideas?

Spring`Tyme Fresh
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Penpal

Old 04-15-2009, 05:55 PM

Hi silverkittyempress,

We already have a thread discussing the "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" series so I've merged your thread with the older one so we don't get repeats.

The Book Forum Catologue is very useful and can help avoid repeat threads so I ask that you check that before making your own.

If you have any questions, you are welcome to pm me at any time. :)

Night Prince
Shadow User

Old 08-19-2009, 12:37 AM

Just curious as to know if someone has read this series at all. <Also, I'm not sure if anyone posted a thread about this, if so I'm sooooo sorry ;_; >
There are 5 books:
#1: "The Lightning Thief"
#2: "The Sea of Monsters"
#3:"The Titans Curse"
#4:"The Battle of the Labyrinth"
and the last one: "The Last Olympian"
Also: "The Lightning Thief" is going to be turned into a movie in 2010...

Inlul Mirshann
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-19-2009, 12:44 AM

I have read the first three books but haven't gotten to the other ones yet, It's an interesting series though

Night Prince
Shadow User

Old 08-19-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlul Mirshann View Post
I have read the first three books but haven't gotten to the other ones yet, It's an interesting series though
It is, I have them all. but it seems like it's unpopular D:

cherrygirl223
the mentally challanged blonde

Old 08-19-2009, 12:51 AM

I have read them all, and I really love them.
We hace to wait untill 2010 for the movie?! D:

Night Prince
Shadow User

Old 08-19-2009, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygirl223 View Post
I have read them all, and I really love them.
We hace to wait untill 2010 for the movie?! D:
Indeed we do, but hopefully the wait will be worth it ^^ =3<is this considered a double post o.o ? >

Last edited by Night Prince; 08-19-2009 at 12:56 AM.. Reason: needed to add something

cherrygirl223

Old 08-19-2009, 12:56 AM

yeah, just like we had to wait forever for harry potter and the half-blood prince to come out, and the movie sucked!!! -glares at the director-

Night Prince
Shadow User

Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 AM

Quote:
yeah, just like we had to wait forever for harry potter and the half-blood prince to come out, and the movie sucked!!! -glares at the director-
D: I heard it did. gosh i hope "Percy Jackson" is going to be good. I'll be forever scar-ed for life!< haha I use "-" aka hyphins for actions too -grin- >

cherrygirl223

Old 08-19-2009, 01:06 AM

yeah, x.x Everyone I know who saw the move said it was the best Harry Potter movie ever, so i went, expecting great things... apparently they never read the books.
Really? lol, i thought I was who did that!

Night Prince
Shadow User

Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
yeah, x.x Everyone I know who saw the move said it was the best Harry Potter movie ever, so i went, expecting great things... apparently they never read the books.
Really? lol, i thought I was who did that!
Haha, yeah...my friend who didn't read the books got confused. < I never liked the "*" at all -shrugs- >

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-19-2009, 01:16 AM

Sorry to move the conversation on you guys, but I've merged this new thread with our original Percy Jackson topic.

Always remember to search the forums before making a new thread. :yes:

Night Prince
Shadow User

Old 08-19-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerd View Post
Sorry to move the conversation on you guys, but I've merged this new thread with our original Percy Jackson topic.

Always remember to search the forums before making a new thread. :yes:

Oh, no That absolutely wonderful, thank you. I'm not quite sure how to search yet. :sweat:

JujuBean
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM

I own all the books and I love them! I'm in the middle of the last one "The Last Olympian." In fact I'm reading it right now. x'D

Night Prince
Shadow User

Old 08-21-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JujuBean View Post
I own all the books and I love them! I'm in the middle of the last one "The Last Olympian." In fact I'm reading it right now. x'D

Oh my gods <3 I read it, it's awesome. Read the Acknowledgements when you're done ^^

FON (Freak-of-Nature)

Old 09-17-2009, 03:35 AM

has anyone read this series, percy jackson and the olympians?