Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-17-2009, 03:08 PM

FON, I've merged your thread with our original Percy Jackson topic.

Always remember to search the forum before making a new thread. :yes:

wR-v-blue
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to wR-v-blue

Old 10-09-2009, 09:35 PM

Hello all, my name is Jaylin/wR-v-blue. I want to talk about the percy jackson books. I am currently reading them. (im on book one but i read some before and they are great). I just love the greek mythology. It just opens my mind and i really think i have a Goat friend named Grover and a girl named annethbeth the daughter of Anethea.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 PM

wR-v-blue, I've merged your thread with our original Percy Jackson topic.

Please remember to search the forum before you make a new thread. :)

Vukavo
Outcast
Send a message via Yahoo to Vukavo

Old 10-26-2009, 04:04 AM

LOL, I'm happy I decided to search before making a thread, seems like quite a few didn't know they should do it first. Anyhow, I have read and own all but the latest one to come out. The price was still too high last I checked, and it's driving me nuts not knowing how it goes. Anyhow, I read this book when the libraries first got them in, cause they had this huge display with about 20 copies of The Lightning Thief and after about two weeks of seeing them, I got curious, grabbed one, read the first page and was hooked by that first line about how if you think you may be like Percy then you'd better stop reading or you'll be found. My favorite character is Anabeth, cause she's really smart, and despite the fact Percy is the son of Poseiden, she still hangs out with him. Luke isn't all that bad, I mean, the poor guy has some serious abandonment issues and if you hate him just for that reason, I ask that you consider he fact that the Titan Lord is very persuasive, remmeber he managed to turn a God onto his side as well. The Titan Lord is well known for his cruelty, and his ability of coersion. My least favorite character would have to be that guy who runs the wierd farm with all those animals for the gods. And the character I would most like to be is the hero who works for the two headed farmer. He's really cool and reminds me a bit of the way I act sometimes lol.

Li_the_were_lion
Evil is as Evil does, and Evil d...

Old 02-02-2010, 04:50 PM

I've heard talk about the new Percy Jackson movie that's coming out next week, and mixed reviews about the book(s).
From what i gather, there are some inconsistencies.
From what i've been told, Athena has children. Is this true? Athena is supposed to be a virgin goddess, by that reckoning, how does she have children?

I am curious of these things and would like to start some discussions and gather opinions on the matter.

So please, feel free to enlighten me, but please keep it polite! :yes:

bebopkitten44

Old 02-02-2010, 10:16 PM

Who else has read the lighting thief?I LOVED it!I'm about to read the second one,but I have to finish a different book for school.

kymest
De-activated

Old 02-02-2010, 10:22 PM

i need to read the book before i see the movie :D

Hydra

Old 02-03-2010, 02:00 AM

I loved it too! I liked how the author used the greek myths in moderen society

It's really good I highly recommend if you like greek mythology. Yes Athena does have children but I think your confusing her with Artimis the hunter goddess, she's know for her chasity. Then agian there are so many its hard to keep track of whose who so I could be wrong. It's pretty clever how the author takes different Greek myths and places them in modern socitey.

Last edited by fiarra; 02-03-2010 at 02:16 AM..

fiarra
seeking proof on the roof
Send a message via AIM to fiarra Send a message via MSN to fiarra

Old 02-03-2010, 02:17 AM

Just popping in here to saw that I merged up all the duplicate Percy Jackson discussion threads :)

Li_the_were_lion

Old 02-03-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra View Post
I loved it too! I liked how the author used the greek myths in moderen society

It's really good I highly recommend if you like greek mythology. Yes Athena does have children but I think your confusing her with Artimis the hunter goddess, she's know for her chasity. Then agian there are so many its hard to keep track of whose who so I could be wrong. It's pretty clever how the author takes different Greek myths and places them in modern socitey.

No, Athena is definitely a virgin goddess. Virgin goddesses or gods are easy to keep track of in greek mythology because there's so few; the other gods and goddesses are busy sleeping with family and/or dozens of other people. My friend who actually read the Percy Jackson series couldn't finish it because it stated Athena had children.

Dezzy Love
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-05-2010, 03:52 AM

I LOVE Perceus Jackson and the Olympians! It's so good. Everything is well written and the story line is amazing. I also love how Rick Riordin has the Olympians set in a modern era. It's creative and fascinating.

Li_the_were_lion

Old 02-05-2010, 05:16 PM

I do like the fact it's basically a retelling of the story of Perseus, just in a modern time. That took some skill to mold it to something more people would be interested in.

Silonus
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 PM

oh dear, i'm afraid when they make these greek mythologically connected movies. I don't know anything about it so I'm not going to flame it, but is the main character atleast greek related?
does it say anything baout him being greek?

I don't want this to be like disney's hercules
I liked that movie but common, they had gospel singers in the music! which confuses me why they put that there to no end. Greeks played guitar-like instruments and danced in circles.
And they made hercules this blue-eyed blonde haired german-norwegian thing when ... greeks are usually depicted as short, brunette and dark brown eyes with very tan skin.

the film industry is sure getting into a trend of making saga's, and series, and sequels

Li_the_were_lion

Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 PM

They are. Sequel's and series are amazing bread winners. People eat that stuff up, and the promise of another movie keeps them coming back again and again.

Medu
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 AM

#1- Yes
#2- I like it because it makes Greek mythology interesting.
#3- Percy
#4- Khronos
#5- Yes...I love cliffies
#6-I'd love to be Annabeth.

LadyTruth
LadyTruth

Old 02-11-2010, 11:07 PM

1.i absolelutly loved the percy jackson series.
2.cause im a total greek mythology freak and this makes it even more interesting and its really funny.
3.i really liked travis and his twin whats-his-name from the hermes cabin. they were like fred and george. plus i liked the guy thats name starts with b, first name charles, but everyone just called him by his last name, from the hephaestus cabin
4.i liked the endings because they were cliff-hangers, and suspense is always fun.
5. my least favorite character was dionysis. guy was just annouying.
6. if i could be anyone.........hmmm........thalia. the daughter of zeus. defineitly.

(sorry these answers are out of order.)

guitar_sticker

Old 02-12-2010, 01:16 AM

I'm almost finished with the first one, and I LOVE it. I can't wait to go see the movie soon!!
My best friend and I are going to go see it sometime very soon.
It's gonna be awesome!!!
I love Percy and Grover xD lol
So yea.
It's amazing.

EmilyNova
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-13-2010, 07:55 PM

(I'll probably have spoilers in here somewhere. Sorry.)
I loved the series and just finished it recently thanks to a friend who let me borrow The Last Olympian. I actually got to read the book before it came out because my friend's dad wrote a review for it or something. My other friend reminded me about it two years ago when he started reading them and I bought the first four for myself.
I love Greek Mythology so that was one reason I loved the series. I'm sill hoping to find more books like these where the Greek gods and goddesses and real and everything, but I haven't had any luck. The only thing I didn't like was that a few times I figured out what was going to happen a long time before it did and I hated having to wait for Percy to figure it out. I do love the series though.
My favorite character changed from book to book and though I do love Annabeth I'm going to have to say that my favorite character is Hades. I have a weakness for guys like him. ;)
My least favorite character was Clarise until Ethan Nakamura showed up. I hated that kid until

SPOILERX

a few seconds before he died.

I liked the ending even though Percy was kinda annoying me because everyone else was amazing.
I would want to be Maria diAngelo before

SPOILERX

she died.

:P No, I'm not really sure who I'd want to be.

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-13-2010 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: hiding spoilers

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-13-2010, 08:17 PM

I put spoiler bars in your post for you, Emily_Nova. They're really easy to do, just put the word "hide" in brackets around major plot give-aways. Like so:

PHP Code:
[HIDE]Darth Vader was his father![/HIDE
To make it look like this:

SPOILERX

Darth Vader was his father!

Seer of the Past
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 AM

I love this sires. The movie was way off from the book but I thought is was still good.

xoarchangel
The Last Of Her Kind
Send a message via MSN to xoarchangel

Old 02-28-2010, 12:00 AM

So from my understanding, this movie was a book series first? Saddly I haven't heard of the books until I saw the movie. I'd LOVE to read the books though :D

PROBLEM WITH THE MOVIE:
It was SO friggn Rushed!:-x
And what happend to Hade was too friggn quick... That was suposed to be the climax of the movie and poof. done. lets move.
Everything seemed just so quick and forced.

WE GATTA GO HERE

BAM:shock:

GATTA DO THIS

BAM:gonk:
There was no time in between that would explain character backgrounds, or the places or anything. Everything was just too rushed. If they slowed it down and made it like Avatar - more about Pandora and the Navi Race - it would be really good. And if they concentrated more on the Greek mythology behinde each character would have made it awesome. :drool:
(personaly I'm obsessed with Greek mythology for so long, and my boyfriend is Greek Orthodox so he helps me out with all that too :D )

BUT CLASH OF THE TITANS IS COMMING OUT! IM SO STOKED!

Seraphic_Charm
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-04-2010, 04:28 AM

i love these books. i've read the first four( i own two and borrowed two) and i love the plot twists and the character delelopment. the new characters dont even kill the mood or puss old characters out of the plot. all and all i can't wait for the next one!

lolipoper

Old 03-04-2010, 11:52 PM

AMAZING series.
does anyone know if there is another series thats going to come out anytime soon my Rick Riordan?

Darcs Delmarcs
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2010, 04:58 AM

I almost finished The Lightening Thief -I read it when I go to a bookshop!!-
It's just fabulous!! I was expecting a really good movie yet it sucked real bad!!!
Almost the same thing that happened with the Darren Shan movie...blehhh

amyrex2
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-05-2010, 05:33 AM

I saw the movie first, which I really liked, but saw that there was "something" missing and read the book the next week. Why do I always find the books after the movie? The books are soo much better. I have only read the lighting thief, but am buying the others as soon as I can.