Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 AM

Thank you to Captain Howdy for the banner and Train Chartering and Private Rail Cars for the photo!

Welcome to the Advent Calendar event thread - or, if you'd prefer, a holiday season "gachapon" since unlike 'real' advent calendars, there's no telling what you'll get when the new day comes! For no gold at all, you have the chance to win a prize each day of the event!

I will do my best to hang out with everyone, but with it being the holiday season, I may not have as much time as I would like. But I hope you'll spend some time here regardless!

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 12-22-2011, 07:04 AM

HOW TO PLAY

-> Visit the "Today's Calendar" post below (the third post of this thread) and copy and paste the code there into a post, fill the form out properly, and submit it to this thread!

That's pretty much it, though you can stay and chat to win one of various posting prizes as well. *smiles*

RULES AND CONDITIONS

-> You may only play once per day per account.
(This should mean, at most, your main, your mule, and your charity mule. Anyone suspected of multi-accounting will be dealt with by the rules of Menewsha.)

-> If the question is the same as the day before, that means that I have not yet changed the form. Please do not play until the day has changed!

-> You can ONLY fill out a form on the day it is released. (ie: If you are here for Day One of the event, you can submit a Day One form. But you cannot fill out a Day One form if you missed that day.)

-> Prizes will be handed out when I have the time to do so. I may only have the time to change the date and the prizes may take longer. Please be patient.

-> Complaining, being a poor guest in my thread (such as being rude) and being a poor sport about the Advent Calendar may make me decide not to give you a prize at all. If you are patient and a good sport, you have nothing to worry about. *smiles*

-> Prizes will be sent via Trades. Any trades not accepted within a week after the event ends may be cancelled and the prizes forfeit.

WHEN DOES EACH DAY END?

Sometime around midnight Central Time Zone each day, I will log in and change the code in the "Today's Calendar" post.

In the event I am busy or asleep at this time, I will change it or ask someone else to change it at the next earliest convenience.

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 AM

TODAY'S CALENDAR

INSTRUCTIONS: Post only the code between the lines* and fill out the "Username" and answer the "Q&A" question of the day. (* You may also speak before or after the post, but there is no need to post the rules of the game or the question you are answering.)

If you don't wish to roll the dice, choose a number from the dice number and down. ie: A dice number of 10 would mean you could choose 1 - 10. In this case, don't forget to remove the [dice]#[/dice] code!

You may edit your post at any point before the day ends if you forget something or want to change the number you have!

And we're all done! Thanks for playing everyone! I'll try to get trades going and prizes announced in the next few days. (:

PREVIOUS CALENDARS

Links to the results of each Advent Calendar day.

Day One - Prizes sent.
Day Two - Prizes sent.
Day Three - Prizes sent.
Day Four - tba
Day Five - tba
Day Six - There is no Day Six.
Day Seven - There is no Day Seven either.
Day Eight- There is no Day Eight.
Day Nine - tba
Day Ten - tba

Last edited by Melody; 01-02-2012 at 09:19 PM..

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

PRIZES?

Each day has a random prize list. Your prize is determined by which number you roll when submitting your form. For example, if you roll or choose a 9, your prize is the 9th on my list. The thing is - you will not know what that prize is until after the day is complete and you've won it!

Here are some hints to the prizes:

- You might win nothing at all.
- You might win some amount of gold.
- You might win a random event common.
- You might win a random previously released winter or seasonal common.
- You might win one of this event's event items.
- You might win one of my SNGs (special NPC gift).
- You might win an old rare item (such as an old Contribution Item).

If I can get a donation from the other shopkeepers, they may be tossed in there too. But, of course, if no one wins them, that means they get returned to their owners!

Due to the nature of this game, you may win something you do not want (or nothing at all), something you already have, and possibly something for the wrong gender. The item you win is yours the moment the trade is sent and accepted, so you may do with it as you like. You can sell it, give it away, or let it sit in your inventory until you want to use it somehow. I will not be checking to see if you own or want the item or even if you've already won it in this game. Thank you for your understanding!

Nalin Sun
Petal Paradise
NPC

POSTING CONTESTS

The top poster in this thread after the event forum closes will win a set of this year's Event Item rares, plus 3,000g. (In the event of a tie, all tied users will win this prize.)

The first poster on page 100 will win 1,000g. (Winner was Elirona!)

The third poster on page 250 will win 1,000g.

More posting prizes to be added as the event goes along!

Last edited by Nalin Sun; 12-27-2011 at 01:41 AM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 PM

ADVENT CALENDAR: Day One
Username: Dystopia
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 1
Q&A: Uh... Christmas.

Did I do this right? >>

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 PM

I hope I'm not posting to early... but Nalin's event sounds very much fun and I want to join in! ^-^

Username: Shadami
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 10
Q&A: I don't actually celebrate Christmas. At least, in the buy crazy amounts of presents sense. I do receive gifts from people that do celebrate it, and I do celebrate it in the 'it is time to get together with family' sense. I used to help my grandmother direct her Christmas tree before she went into a nursing home.
I thoroughly enjoy the delight and happiness that this season does bring, so I will say I completely participate in that sense. :D and when I do have some money, I try to get something small at the very least for my friends and family that do celebrate it. Otherwise, I wait until Ayyam-i-Ha (which is in February).
Also: I love wrapping gifts!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-23-2011, 10:30 PM

Username: Maria-Minamino
Q&A: I celebrate Christmas for the holiday season this time of year. As far as other seasonal holidays, I suppose I take place in Valentine's Day, Easter, My birthday which falls on Memorial Day every few years, the fourth of July. I'm not sure if those are...seaonsal...but I do celebrate them :)

Ayreiya
*^_^*

Old 12-23-2011, 10:33 PM

Username: Ayreiya
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 7
Q&A: My grandfather is jewish and my last name is jewish. But i celebrate christmas anyway!!!!

Chikuma
(・・^...

Old 12-23-2011, 10:35 PM

Username: Chikuma
Q&A: I celebrate Christmas.

sidrabutterfly
Infinitely odd

Old 12-23-2011, 10:35 PM

Username: sidrabutterfly
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 6
Q&A: Lately I haven't been doing big holiday celebrations, but I go to all the Menewshian events!

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 12-23-2011, 10:36 PM

Well my first roll is a 9...I can't wait to see what that is :)

Hello Nalin Sun: How are you doing? Thank you for hosting this thread for us! :D

fairywaif
Flitting free Girl

Old 12-23-2011, 10:37 PM

Username: fairywaif
Q&A: I celebrate St. Nicholas' day which is a little bit before Christmas and Christmas. St. Nick's is done by putting boots or shoes by the door or fireplace and waking up to find them filled with goodies! I also celebrate Christmas. I also open one present before Christmas proper. Lately I've not been celebrating so large though. I'm going to have a very low-key Christmas.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

Old 12-23-2011, 10:38 PM

I do like these kind of games. Hope luck is on everyone's side!

Username: KatMagenta
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 3
Q&A: At this time of year we celebrate Christmas. It's nice for my family to be able to get together even if there's not that many of us. Even the cat has a present from my parents this year. XD

Lacquer
*^_^*

Old 12-23-2011, 10:42 PM

Username: Lacquer
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 7
Q&A: I enjoy most any holiday to be honest. This will be the first year in many a year that I've been able to celebrate Christmas with my dad. Traditionally, I've opened just one present the night before. But I'll wait until I've moved in with my fiance to continue the tradition. :)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-23-2011, 10:43 PM

Oh, by seasonal were we supposed to answer about other times of the year as well?

Sha is a bit upset right now... cause she has to pack her fiance's wii while he's at work.. but the cord is stuck under the wheel of the tv cart in some wierd manner that it won't get out no matter how hard I try.. and she needs to move the tv now or everything will break..

Sha started crying cause of stupid pregnancy horomones. T.T

clock
tick tock

Old 12-23-2011, 10:44 PM

Username: clock
Q&A: I celebrate Christmas with my family. We unwrap a few presents and then we always have a get-together and eat Christmas dinner (and dessert). Then I usually celebrate on New Years Eve with a friend or significant other.

Dottie Mae Evans
*~It's all good~*

Old 12-23-2011, 10:46 PM

Username: LizzyCollinsDeArc
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 9
Q&A: I celebrate Christmas and it's fun. I wouldn't mind eating food from Hanukkah though. All Holiday food should be good. mmm food.

KatMagenta
Starlet on the rise

I hope I answered the question okay too, silly me making assumptions.

Don't push yourself too hard Sha, it's better the Wii doesn't get packed then hurting yourself.

Whimsical Sadist
The Whimsical Sadist of Invincib...
Penpal

Username: Whimsical Sadist
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 4
Q&A: Well I don't truly celebrate holidays as in go full out with decorations and what not. I usually for Christmas have festive treats and foods, for Valentine's Day I wear reds and pinks and enjoy giving out chocolates to my family and friends, whenever my birthday passes I enjoy delicious cupcakes with friends, on New Years Eve I enjoy a traditionally squash soup with my family where we eat all day until we count down to New Years, and even though I'm not Irish I enjoy dressing up in all green for St. Patrick's Day :)

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-23-2011, 10:47 PM

hummy hopes she did this correctly!

Quote:
This is the advent calendar for DAY ONE of the event.

Username:hummy
I choose door number: The 10-sided dice lands on 8
Q&A: Christmas!
[/b]
[/color][/font][/CENTER]

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 12-23-2011, 10:51 PM

Username: Ascadellia
Q&A: I celebrate all of the normal holidays. Thanksgiving, Valentines, Halloween, Dia de los innocentes. Which is a day where, if you ask to borrow something, lets say; a hundred dollars, you keep them!! Cause, you tricked them on that day.

Yays. >w<

Last edited by Ascadellia; 12-24-2011 at 02:34 AM..

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 12-23-2011, 10:51 PM

I'm scared the tv is gonna fall.. and i have to take eveything off the shelf and flip it upside down if I'm gonna get it :[

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-23-2011, 10:52 PM

Username: Sadrain
Q&A: I do not celebrate any seasonal events in typical sense, but I celebrate all that 'work' in my country in some way (that means, no particular Halloween, Thanksgiving, 4th July and such).

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 12-23-2011, 11:01 PM

Oh Nalin, you're so sweet!

Username: Knerd
Q&A: I celebrate "Visit my grandma so she can give me presents of socks and force me to eat lots of food" day, also known as Christmas.