Nanami Ugachi
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-31-2009, 06:04 PM

I don't know if I'll enter or not. My horror really sucks. T_T

Cemetery
Mene Penpal

Old 10-31-2009, 06:05 PM

xD Awesome. It's just something funny i thought up, then again to me horror is funny. :3 I'm gonna go dig up some things i wrote in the past. Maybe make my second entry a story. ^^;;

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 10-31-2009, 06:06 PM

You did it, Kyrianne! \o/
Oh, a quick reminder about double posting (posting more than once in a row), they are against the rules here in Menewsha, you have to edit your post if you have more things to add and you are the last poster of the thread.
I have merged the posts for you. But keep the rule in mind in the future. :)

EDIT:
The ending seems a little clipped. What was the taxi driver thanking her for? xD
That aside, I like how you wrote the story.

Last edited by Iro; 10-31-2009 at 06:09 PM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 10-31-2009, 06:24 PM

A writing contest. Haven't had one of these in a while. I ought to enter. =o

Pietro
Photographer

Old 10-31-2009, 06:30 PM

What is that behind you...?
Username: Pietro
Word count: 400 exact
Entry: Jay was a rebellious fourteen-year-old girl. She always did whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted, with whoever she wanted. She did it all without any regrets. Jay was that rebel girl, until the Halloween of 2009.

Jay stood at about five foot three, but her confidence made her seem like she was taller than could be. She had a very short, boyish haircut, and wore bright, vibrant colors, and a ton of makeup. She had two good friends, Tucker and Johnny. They went trick-or-treating every year, but due to their growing up, this would be their last year trick-or-treating together.

“What’s the hold up?” Jay screamed as she stood by the front door waiting for Johnny and Tucker. Jay, Tucker, and Johnny did a team costume. Jay was a cavewoman, Tucker was a modern person, and Johnny was the futuristic one of the bunch. They were a walking timeline full of sarcasm and no fear.

House after house, Jay and her friends got a lot of random crap instead of candy. Everything from pencils to airline peanuts managed to land in their bags. There was not one candy to be found. Rumor had it that Mrs. Langston was going to give out candy this year to all that survived her haunted house. Mrs. Langston was very quiet, and mysterious. She lived at the top of the hill, in a nearly hidden location. Without thinking, Jay takes Tucker and Johnny to the house, and they run up the cobblestone path to Mrs. Langston’s house. The wooden door was opened for potential visitors, like Jay and her friends. They entered laughing. The door slammed behind them and the room was pitch black. They heard an eerie voice that sounded deep and sinister. In a chant, the voice said:

“Welcome to the living hell, hope you are doing well. You won’t be well for long, listen to this little song. You are brave enough to appear, but be aware death is near. Try and make it through my maze, or you will be killed in seven days.”

Jay was scared for once in her life. The lights didn’t turn on and they had to make it through this maze, in darkness. They began to walk north, meticulously. Step by step, Jay’s breathing only got heavier. A couple of halls later, Jay stopped and was grabbed by her legs, pulled backwards. No more Jay…

---

Sorry about my poor writing skills, I usually do a lot better, but I do lengthier stuff.
Good contest though.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 10-31-2009, 06:39 PM

Oooh, I think I'll enter a writing contest for once. I have to write a scary story in my English class anyways, so this would be great practice. xD

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Old 10-31-2009, 06:41 PM

@nanami- I think you can do it. Go for suspense or dark comedy instead of straight up horror if horror isn't your thing.

Yumeh
(≚ᄌ≚)
NPC

Old 10-31-2009, 06:50 PM

*Wanders into thread looking for stuff to nom*

Pietro
Photographer

Old 10-31-2009, 06:50 PM

Yumeh!
I love you!

Yumeh
(≚ᄌ≚)
NPC

Old 10-31-2009, 06:52 PM

*Sits for all to admire*

Pietro
Photographer

*does an interpretive dance of my love for Yumeh*

Moxie
Irritated Scientist
Send a message via ICQ to Moxie Send a message via AIM to Moxie Send a message via Yahoo to Moxie

Kitty kitty. You look very much like the kitty on the card my husband gave me today.

Yumeh
(≚ᄌ≚)
NPC

Old 10-31-2009, 06:53 PM

*Stretches to show off amazing Halloween cat sillouette*

Pietro
Photographer

Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 PM

Egads that's epic!

Yumeh
(≚ᄌ≚)
NPC

Old 10-31-2009, 06:55 PM

*Wonders off to find a nice bird or fish to eat*

Pietro
Photographer

Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 PM

*wants to buy yumeh a yin yang so he can have fish*
*has to save his gold*
sorry yum.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 10-31-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumeh View Post
*Wonders off to find a nice bird or fish to eat*
Hmm..
*wanders off to find some nice brains to eat*

InevitableDisaster
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 07:12 PM

Will I be able to use one or two cuss words through the story?

Tigerlady
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2009, 07:14 PM

Here, hope that you like it!

Bone yard

It was a dark night when I woke up because I heard a noise from the roof. Nothing special, sounded like an animal which walked around. But A bit annoying it was because I wasn’t used to it. Normally I lived with my parents in New York, where I went to a catholic school. I was a normal girl: short bright blond hair, but almost black eyes and not really tall. But my mom won a journey to Thailand for two. So and now while my brother is at his friend’s house and my parents in the plane I am here in Alabama, somewhere in nowhere at my grandmothers house. My grandmother is a weird old lady, she likes pigs and horror movies, her favourite color was dirty green and her beloved ice cream smelled like soup. Actually her whole house smells like soup.
I went lied back down and tried to sleep. The noise came fifteen minutes later again, I stood up and opened the window: “Hush, hush” A huge bird flew away.
“Heaven? Close the window, I don’t want to get cold. Did you hear?”
Another thing what was weird about Granny: she never, and I mean never, opened the windows. Also in the hottest summer she was afraid to get cold.
Later in the night the noise came for the third time, but this time the bird sat directly at my window. I stood up, again, and knocked at the window but the bird didn’t go away. What was his problem I asked myself. He looked at me like he wanted to tell me something, but what? His feathers were scraggy and his eyes dirty yellow. I went down the stairs an out in the back yard, silently I took a stone and threw it at the bird, but before it reached him, he went a step beside and the stone fell against the window. He stared at me angrily. Then he flew right towards me I covered my head with my arms, the bird didn’t touch me but he snapped my scarf and flew toll the fence of the back yard. I ran after him.
“Give my scarf back you ugly bird, give it back!” I screamed.
The bird flew away and I climbed over the fence, he flew till the bone yard next to the church, there he sat on a gravestone. I entered though the large, wooden gate and weaselled silently nearer and nearer to the bird. I got nervous, I saw almost nothing, because there was no moon; only the stars where shining bright. I was right in front of the bird, he released the scarf, it fell on the grave, when I bended down to take it. Then, when I stood up, I looked at the gravestone; there were two names the first one was my grandfather, I didn’t realised this was his grave. But when I saw the second I was shocked, I couldn’t move for at least a minute then I looked up to the bird.
“Is that what you wanted to tell me?”
He nodded, or was I dreaming? I didn’t know, I didn’t mind.
“Thank you for informing me.”
I ran home and climbed in my bed, the scarf in my arms. First didn’t know what to do, but then I did. I ran in Granny’s room and shook her: “Wake up, wake up. Come on we have to get out of the house.”
“Grumble away. Why should we?” she bristled with anger.
“There is an earthquake coming”
“Don’t be silly darling. You had a bad dream. Go back to bed.” But I didn’t: I pulled her out, she yelled angrily at me, but I did not listen.
When we were out side, I started understanding her words again.
“There won’t be an earthquake, they would have told us in the news!”
But as soon she said that, the earth started to shake: we fell on the ground, the house jiggled, but it didn’t brake. When it stopped Granny asked me how I knew, I said I just had a feeling, she believed. When we walked back in, we saw that there where normally my room stood a big whole was.
“If you wouldn’t have gone out”, she said “you would be dead”
I nodded.
“Thank good you had this feeling.”
I nodded again. But the truth wasn’t that I felt the earthquake coming, the truth was that the second name on the gravestone was mine. The bird warned me, on the grave stone it said: “Heaven Steward sadly died in an earthquake accident on the 31st of October”
This was today’s date.
Next two weeks I put every day a little fish or a steak on a stone near the bone yard, and each day I stood there till the big bird day came and when he finished eating, I said “Thank you”.
I don’t know if all this was a dream, or a silly illusion, maybe my fantasy just made a joke with me, but this bird saved my life. That’s all I know.

Pietro
Photographer

Old 10-31-2009, 07:16 PM

Hey Tigerlady, there was a form you had to fill out, with your story, and it has to be 400 words or less, looks like a lot more than 400 there, but I could be wrong.

InevitableDisaster
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 07:38 PM

Username: InevitableDisaster
Word count: 397
Entry:
"Aaaaammmmyyyy," called an eerie voice through the darkness of a teenage girl's room, causing her blue eyes to open. She scanned the room for a moment, only seeing the folds of darkness with every glance. With a sigh, she reached for her end table light and flicked it on. The room was filled with the light and showed that nothing was in the room with her. Everything was the same as she left it. Irritated slightly, she flicked off the light and curled back under her blankets to go back to sleep.

"Aaaaammmmmmyyyyyyy," the voice called to her, causing her to open her eyes again, "Let's plaaay!" Amy turned the light on a second time, seeing the room was still untouched.

"This isn't funny, Joshua," she said. She expected her little brother to jump out from under the bed and run out of the room. Instead the sound of cackling laughter filled the air.

"Joshua?," the voice asked before another cackle was let out, "You shouldn't confuse me with that brother of yours?" Amy shivered before moving the blankets and stepping onto the floor.

"What do you want?" Amy asked, tip-toeing towards the door.

"To plaaaay," the voice said, hissing out the words in an almost vile manner, "We use to play all the time." Amy froze, staring at the dimly lit room with mild fear.

"We... use to play..." she whispered, almost afraid to let the words leave her lips. The voice was silent for a moment before Amy felt something behind her.

"Have you...," the voice started to say as Amy turned around, seeing a set of dark red eyes staring down at her, "... FORGOTTEN ME?!" Amy screamed and tried to stumble back, only landing with a harsh thud onto her butt. The figure inched closer, a dark, long hand reaching out to touch her. "How could you forget?!" the voice nearly demanded, the hand pressing harshly against Amy's head, the fingers gripped tightly, "I'm Terrence! Your old friend!"

"You weren't real!" Amy screamed, "You were imaginary!" Amy watched as a horrible smile spread onto the figure she loved when she was a child.

"Not anymore," he hissed before closing his hand onto Amy's head. A loud crunch was heard before Amy's limp, headless body fell onto the floor. Terrence chuckled to himself before turning off the light and disappearing in the darkness.

Suzhi Mix
Master of Leprechauns
Send a message via MSN to Suzhi Mix

Old 10-31-2009, 08:04 PM

Username: Suzhi Mix
Word count: 399
Entry: She kept running, afraid to look back. The muscles in her legs protesting. She would not be able to keep going for much longer, but she forced herself to keep running. Fear was the best motivation. She would run till the end.

Her throat dry, the only thought occupying her mind: to get away. Far away. To forget the vivid images. The vibrant red colors would never fade from her mind. Haunting memories shifting before her. It felt like a sick, twisted nightmare. Worse than a nightmare. It was the desire for destruction which lay within mankind.

Lost in the horrible memories, her foot caught on a root. She fell over, and a sharp pain shot through her leg. A twisted ankle.

She lay panting on the bare ground, feeling all the heat slowly being drained away. Winter was not a thing of warmth. It had no sense of life. No sense of light. Nothing but the slow decay brought on by the season of death. It would take away everything, leaving the trees bare and the ground hard. She would never see the sun again.

Even though it was pure death to keep lying on the unyielding ground, she could not move. The fear had paralyzed her. Made her numb.

She heard the heavy footsteps. They were hard to hear over her ragged breathing, but even her gasps for oxygen could not drown out the fateful sound. Death had come. She would succumb to it effortlessly. There was nothing to live for.

Footsteps approached, with an impeding sense of doom. She could hear the ticking sound of life running out. An hourglass emptying. Time was flowing lazily, and she wondered what would happen after death. Would time stop? Would it relentlessly keep moving, not caring about the lost life?

She heard the cocking of the shotgun. She didn’t want to look down the barrel of demise. She felt no sorrow, nor sadness. Nothing. Oblivion. Nonexistence. Bliss?

The man took a two-footed stand, slowly aiming the shotgun at her forehead.

Her hand curled around something in the snow. A white flower. How did it have the strength to grow during winter?

The man had good aim. The child; instantly dead. Grabbing her hair to drag her back to the massacred village, he saw a red flower beneath the corpse. His giant leather boots trampled the life out of it.

m00finsan
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to m00finsan

Old 10-31-2009, 08:19 PM

Username: m00finsan
Word count: 400
Entry:

Back in old times, the Lord and Lady Amarande were two of the most powerful and influential people in all of Menewsha. Lord Amarande, quite the handsome young fellow, ran the Menewshan Bank. Lady Amarande, a beautiful young woman, was a seamstress who designed every article of clothing she had on at any given time. Even though the Lord and Lady had numerous servants at their disposal, she always preferred to sew her clothing herself.

Suddenly and unexpectedly one day, the Lord Aramande died of causes unknown back then, leaving the Lady Aramande with all of her husband's possessions. From then on, Lady Aramande spent most of her days locked up in Aramande Manor, designing dresses and men's wear left and right. As her line took off, some of the townspeople began to suspect foul play led to Lord Aramande's demise.

However, as Lady Aramande's fashion career took off, the Menewshan Bank, one of Menewsha's largest banks, fell into a state of neglect, causing great damage to the Menewshan economy. Inflation skyrocketed, wages couldn't keep up with prices, families couldn't afford to put food on the table, and ultimately, many Menewshans lost their jobs as Menewsha itself spiraled into a depression. This combined with suspicions swirling around his Lordship's death whipped the townspeople into a fury which would come to a head on Hallowe'en.

The Aramandes were known for their lavish Hallowe'en parties, and Lady Aramande was prepared to make this one no different. After all, this would be the venue where she would debut her life's work, the only piece of clothing she would ever attach her family name to: the Aramande Dress.

As Lady Aramande stepped onto the balcony of Aramande Manor, she raised her glass and proposed a toast to next year, to Hallowe'en, and to her husband. With that, she drank the wine in her glass, unaware that every drop was poisoned. The poison's effect was immediate, causing her to fall off the balcony to the ground below. Needless to say, she died that night.

Today, she has risen from the dead to find a horrible sight: the dress she had lovingly worked on her whole life, the dress she ultimately died in, was being mass-produced and sold to Menewshan commoners for 700 gold each.

Knowing that her dress was worth at least 1000 gold, she will continue to haunt Menewsha until this wrong is righted.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 10-31-2009, 08:31 PM

Do you guys know of a online free program to check word count? My computer doesn't have word. xD

♥Martyr♥
I posses your kookies keebler el...

Old 10-31-2009, 08:54 PM

Username: ♥Martyr♥
Word count: 159?
Entry: Disturbance in the Night.

I fear the coming of the night,
When goes out, my candle light.
How it crawls this haunted house,
By the hill it feeds to rouse.
A fairest mistress breathes so close,
As my thought, but misted goes.

Then through window I can see,
By the owl I dare to see,
A shadowed mask comes in rush,
Leaves a trample with the lush.
Trail of swaying golden hair,
Open eyed, an empty stair.
Lays a head between the grass,
Midst the crawling roaches vast,
Lays a girl that maddened laughs.
Blood comes pouring from her gasps,
As it turns to crashing seas,
Then I see the girl is me.
And terror fills my swaying boat,
And hisses come, the drowning sought.

But then I wake in sweaty sheets,
Only burning candle, my life greets.
Dare not I, to look outside,
For never more, shall I hide,
Soon I shall join their necks,
That hang so still by the fence.

---------------------------------------------------

Yeah its a quick poem and never actually thought it would come in handy somewhere...hm. Well I hope you enjoyed it ^^ oh and this isn't part of the poem XD