Remaro
So consumed in all your Doom.......

Old 10-31-2009, 09:02 PM

What is that behind you…?
Username: Remaro
Word Count: 400
Entry:
He practically glided down the lamp lit street, the shadows reaching eagerly to snatch at his thin, fragile body. Laughter sounded all around as doors opened, excited children held out bursting bags while adults fed them all the more. This was the one time of year anyone could dare to be different, the only time you could be weird.

Store-bought carved pumpkins gazed eerily out from tidy front yards, lighting up fake cobwebs and crumbling polystyrene tombstones. Yet all the while, the lone boy didn’t stop to admire the decorations. He didn’t pause to smile at a giggling child rushing past in her ‘witch’ costume. Nor did he slow as the doors to a large building opened, music to ‘Thriller’ blaring out against innocent ears.
He didn’t stop, for this boy had a job to do.

As he turned the corner, the world seemed to grow distinctly colder. Only one lamp flickered on and off, shedding meagre illumination over the dark earth. But, he didn’t need the light to see the fluorescently dressed girl with neon yellow streaking her black hair. A smirk flickered over his deathly pale face.

Target sighted

His hand gave an involuntary twitch, tightening around the long, strange object. It could have been part of a costume, if the blade hadn’t shone with a cruel, metallic sheen when ever the lamp flicked on. The dark hood that covered his head was like a patch of night sky, impervious to light as he slunk closer to the clueless girl.

Closing in on Target

Raising the scythe, he took a sudden step forwards, swinging it rapidly through the air. A whistling noise sounded and the girl spun round. Her bambi brown eyes were wide in shock. Cursing, he straightened, lunging again. Spinning around she began to run, breath loud in the silent shadows.

There was no chance she would escape, he was too fast, too good at his job. Taking large, running leaps, he swung the scythe again, red eyes glowing greedily, menacingly. A scream tore through the air, dark liquid staining the cracked wall.

Smirking, he spun the scythe, watching as it vanished from view. Dusting down his black cloak, the boy continued walking, heading back towards the cheerful cries and ecstatic laughter. He wouldn’t stop for them though, not for the sweets, music or costumes. He had a job to do.

Target Terminated....

....Processing New Target

End of silence
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2009, 09:15 PM

theese stories are good guys :)

InevitableDisaster
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M i r o View Post
Do you guys know of a online free program to check word count? My computer doesn't have word. xD
Neither does mine.
Go to google and look up "word count".
The first link is the one I use.
Good luck!

pprmint
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-31-2009, 10:12 PM

Silence
Username: pprmint
Word count: 396
Entry: Tonight, the sky is dark. Nothing important happens at night anyway. I shiver and suddenly realize that I had forgotten my jacket at the Halloween party back at my friend’s house. What a shame. I’ll just pick it up tomorrow.

I sigh and glance at the sky as I hurry down the street. Hopefully it doesn’t rain tonight. As I approach the house, I see a figure standing on my front porch. How odd. It’s too late for trick-or-treaters. I walk up the front steps and stare at the grotesque creature. It’s drooling blood. I’m a little disgusted, and make an attempt to shoo it off my front porch. Instead, it hands me my jacket. The jacket I’d left back at that Halloween party.

“Jane? Is that you? Oh my god, you should have gone trick-or-treating in that costume,” I squeal, “Come on in, it’s really cold. Here, wait, let me get my keys.”

I stumble and look down. It’s a limb.

“Wow Jane, you went overboard this year. I mean seriously.”

I bend down and pick up the arm to inspect it. I laugh as I see a silver chain.

“It even has jewelry,” I chuckle.

I inspect that chain and nearly drop the arm. It’s Jane’s bracelet. I glance over at the menacing creature. It’s not Jane. I know it’s not. Flinging the arm to the ground, I race down the front steps of my porch. Run.

Where is the safest place? As I run past Jane’s house, I chance a look. The lights of her house are on. Her parents’ car is in the driveway, and yet the house is quiet. The house is calm. I trip and land face down on the cold hard pavement, and yet I feel no terror. Perhaps the tranquil atmosphere of Jane’s house has calmed me, and so I watch as the monster draws nearer. It’s Jane. There’s no doubt about it. Only Jane would go so far to scare me on a Halloween night. But tonight, I’ll humor her. I’ll fight back. I reach for the object I tripped over. It’s wet. I’m certain it didn’t rain tonight. I look.

A silent scream rips from my throat as I drop Jane’s bloody head. And the creature is upon me, its gnarled claws at my throat.

Tonight the sky is dark. Nothing important happens at night anyway.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 10-31-2009, 11:04 PM

What is that behind you...?
Username: M i r o
Word count: 399-400
Entry: The Hunter and the Game.

The Hunter: silent, deadly with sniper in hand and motionless movement. The game is laid out before him. Perfect, he thought. He laid down his night vision binoculars to look through his vision scope on the sniper, showing a cross hair directly lay on the target. Near the crowded pines, something cracked. He heard it.

The night crackled thunderously through the dark abyss and reflected off of the creatures eyes like headlights. A sudden burst of fluorescent white protruded from its lips. Fangs! The Hunter thought to himself, alarmed. He rapidly blinked his eyes. Couldn't be, my minds playing tricks on me, He said to himself. Without any warning...it had become silent through the woods, the air still. The Hunters heart raced and he heard his own pulse quickening. The creature that lied ahead had vanished!

An eerie sound finally crept through with the lightening aiding its forcefulness. The Hunter lifted his head to stare into the darkness of the night and then back again through the scope. No animal. How can that be? He thought. Just a few steps to the side where the creature was standing the Hunter noticed that the forest had been torn with debris and trees slashed apart. What would've done that? The Hunter asked himself.
And then there was an enormous snapping of a twig right behind him!

The Hunter turned around swiftly with the sniper in his hands, ready to shoot the creature that snuck up on him! As he turned, he was greeted by...nothing. What the? He thought, confused. He scanned the wide open space in front of him. Nothing was there. He waited and watched for any sign of movement. Nothing. Where did that thing go? The Hunter was getting impatient.

Suddenly, to his right, a crunching foot step that was too close for comfort! The Hunter whipped to his right side clinching onto his commando switch blade ready to stab the creature to death when...! Nothing was there again. Sweat started falling from the Hunters brow, his palm burning around the blade.

The Hunter was becoming quite agitated at this animal, it was playing with him! He was supposed to be the joker and the prey the fool. Calm down, He told himself. He needed to calculate and plan. Thunder roared down over head and clashed across where the Hunter was standing, revealing him completely. And then... it came!

Nolori
Everyone's Favorite Imaginary Fr...

Old 11-01-2009, 12:03 AM

You guys are intimidating! Good job, I like a bunch of these!

I really hope I find the time to enter. I have a couple ideas, but horror and myself don't seem to work to well together. (It's better than me and comedy, though, so I guess that's a start!) This is an awesome idea for a contest. I hope you get lots and lots of entries Iroase!

ThyFaerieQueen
Chase the Morning, Yeild for Not...

Old 11-01-2009, 12:06 AM

This is going to be fun, since I'm already doing a spooky story for LA class. *Rubs hands together* Let the mischief and horror begin. MUHAHAHAHAHA! *Coughs*

BonesTheHeretic
Now with pants!
Send a message via MSN to BonesTheHeretic

Old 11-01-2009, 01:18 AM

This looks cool, I'll try to write something. Too bad about the word limit though, I just wrote a horror story a couple of days ago but I think its over 400 words.

EDIT: Yeah, its 697 words. Damn

Last edited by BonesTheHeretic; 11-01-2009 at 01:20 AM..

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-01-2009, 01:23 AM

You can always shorten it and make it suspenseful in some areas.
And maybe you could move it around and tweek it to make it just be 399 or 400 words??

KarKarIsAStar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-01-2009, 01:55 AM

I'll give a whack at it ^_^

Ponta
One is never too early to monolo...

Old 11-01-2009, 02:07 AM

lol, I am so bad coming up with horror stories and trying to tell them...

My last attempt ended up with me cracking up the entire time at a camp fire while everyone else was like, "are you high?"
And then there was this one story I was telling my friends as we were getting ready to sleep about a zombie and a pinecone with pooh on it O_o Oddly enough, my one friend is horribly afraid of zombies so she got scared...

But I'll make sure there's pinecones in my story xD Now I just got to put my thinking cap on...

KarKarIsAStar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-01-2009, 02:20 AM

Hopefully this doesn't suck too bad just randomly came up with it -crosses figners- Also I would end it much better...But I was getting up there with words sorry ^^;

o'hollows'eve
Username: KarKarIsAStar
Word count: 386
Entry:

On this night of o’hollows’eve
I walked threw the night, whispering to the breeze
The chill went to my bones, the wind in my hair
My treat or treat bag and my glow light, prepared
Down the street I traveled, my feet fast as can be
Was a haunted house that needed to be seen
The smoke lined the ground, the house too the moon
Because of this dare, I knew I was doomed
I ignored the soft whispers of the floor board underneath
I walked up the stair case no lock or key
The wind hollowed softly, my pride no longer me
Up and up those damn stair cases
It was something to see
To the top; I was looking out for the attic
I dare not look anywhere else; I had no need to panic
But BAM that door swung open, I was just standing there scared
My ears suddenly pop, my eyes blinded by a glare
There was a figure; an unknown site to see...
But slowly I realized; that site was me
Dumbstruck I stood; staring at the thing
“Come on dear darling come on and see”
I tried to move with all my might
But that damn thing wouldn’t leave my site.
I scream go away but my throat just caught
That evil thing just smile at me and I became distraught
There was blood on her hands and yes even her teeth
I couldn’t believe this girl was me, I thought I was so sweet
But she just laughed and I was suddenly at the window
I didn’t know how I moved, but my true wish was so simple
I wanted to go; I wanted to leave
I saw all my friends down there just laughing at me
“Go away please, I just want to go”
“Sorry child, but you’re just part of my show”
And I felt a push, in the middle of my back
And down I tumble the window with a crack
I tried to scream but no noise was there
But BAM I hit that ground, I was so scared
I felt no pain which I thought was rare; but my friends were around me
Something that seemed so fair, but up my eyes traveled
And I gasp that little bitch was still there...

-Side note-
Sorry for such language but she was rather angry that herself was still there >> Hopefully it's not bending the rules too much...

Last edited by KarKarIsAStar; 11-01-2009 at 02:58 AM..

lady silverpanther
yami no tenshi

Old 11-01-2009, 02:23 AM

whats going on?

Goblin Maiden
SUPAH KITTEH HAPPEH POWAH.

Old 11-01-2009, 02:26 AM

Misplaced Affection
Username: GoblinMaiden
Word count: 394
Entry:

“Please, Angela, before I leave you… A lock of your hair to remember you by? It will be cold and lonely out in the trenches, and I would treasure such a reminder of your love.” Thomas’ voice was low, yet beseeching, as he gazed into his darling’s renowned sapphire eyes.

Such a small, yet meaningful request, he thought. And yet it was clear that she thought differently--she hesitated. He saw it.

“M-my hair?” She stammered. An innocently sweet smile was on her face, but doubt--no, possessive refusal--was in those blue eyes as they glanced over her shoulder at her shining raven tresses, which were even more famous than those brilliant eyes that could heal or break a heart with only a look.

She thought quickly, then grabbed the lapels of her fiancé’s coat, stood on tip-toe, and kissed him soundly on the mouth. When she drew back, smiling like a vixen, she inquired coyly, “How is THAT for a reminder of me?”

Thomas said nothing as he turned away. Angela felt a flutter of apprehension within her chest, but passed it off as normal for any woman whose lover was headed off to war.

She might later wish that she had heeded the flutter, swallowed her vanity, and snipped some hair from where it would not be missed.

Angela Morraine might wish such a thing if she were not presently lying cold and decaying in the earth.

For on the morning after the funeral of Angela’s betrothed (who had died a valorous hero’s death in battle), the gorgeous young woman was found as dead as her intended husband.

She hung half-on, half-off of her bed, the sheets twisted dementedly, as if from a desperate struggle; her sapphire eyes were opened wide in terror, and yet simultaneously devoid of life. Her long black hair had been hacked raggedly off of her head, as if with a knife (such as the standard dagger issued to drafted soldiers). Cords of that same hair lay limply on the floor beneath her head, barely a hand’s-breadth from her slender throat, constricted until it turned sick hue of violet.

The grave of Thomas Goodlatch had also been… disturbed. What was even more disturbing was the fact that it appeared to have been dug open from within, and strands of dark hair were found entangled in the fingers of his corpse.

Family
Username: GoblinMaiden
Word count: 400 (according to the kindly contest mod)
Entry:

“Jonie!” Alana called, trudging through the tall grass. She squinted through the gloom of dusk as she called again. “Where are you?”

Though she tried to sound concerned--and she was!--Alana could not deny the deep frustration flaring up within her. The young woman’s little sister had constantly been disappearing ever since the deaths of their parents, almost a year ago. Though they’d grieved, Alana had managed to move on with her life. Jonie, however…

Alana bit her lip as she continued to walk, calling Jonie’s name. That little girl had been a normal seven year old before their parents died. Then, overnight, it had been as if her body remained a child’s, but her mind became an adult’s. She was constantly polite, constantly somber. She did her homework dedicatedly and never again played with her friends, claiming that they “understood nothing and wasted their lives on frivolities.”

All that in itself had been disturbing enough, but Alana had figured that it was only shock that had done this to Jonie, and that in time she would heal and revert back to her playful self.

That was, of course, before she began disappearing.

Alana had eventually discovered a pattern to the vanishings--Jonie always turned up at places that held memories of their parents. That had made it fairly easy to find her; the town wasn’t that big. But now… Alana had been searching all day, and night was falling fast. She didn’t even know where she was going anymore, she was so tired… She was just walking, hoping Jonie would answer her.

Alana’s foot abruptly connected with a rock, and she gasped in pain.

Then she looked up from her injured toe, and gasped again--this time in horror.

She had found Jonie.

Jonie was with their parents.

Their bodies, more like it. Their rotting corpses lay in the seven year old’s arms; she smiled at them and sang old lullabies that they had so often sung to her.

The little girl looked up at Alana’s gasp.

Still smiling, she took her arms from around her parents’ cadavers and stood, not bothering to brush off the grave-soil from her dress.

“’Lana’s here,” She intoned, sending shivers up her older sister’s spine.

“We’re a family again, now.”

Jonie reached down, wrapping her fingers around a shovel’s handle.

Alana turned to run.

There was blinding, skull-splitting pain.

And then… night fell.

Last edited by Goblin Maiden; 11-01-2009 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: 3 words over on "Family"! Microsoft Word word count, you failed me!

KarKarIsAStar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 11-01-2009, 02:32 AM

Aw I love your second story Maiden ^^

BonesTheHeretic
Now with pants!
Send a message via MSN to BonesTheHeretic

Old 11-01-2009, 02:51 AM

Oooh I like Family. It's creepy in a strangely cute(?) way.

shadowfoot
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2009, 03:40 AM

Cursors and Curses
Username: Shadowfoot
Word count: 248
Entry:
She sits, confined to the chair of her imminent execution. Half-unconscious, pain searing down her spine, she manages to glare at the one who would do this to her. Her bloodshot eyes struggle to focus on the uncaring, blank visage of her tormentor. She had trusted him—bloody hell, she even took him into her own home. In the background, she can hear the strokes of time axing away her life strand by strand, and still, he doesn’t move. Groaning, she tries once again to free herself, reaching out a trembling hand and praying to fifty different gods. When that doesn’t work, she tries swearing at him, convinced that she, who has made such good use of words in her life, will find some way to persuade him. If only he would move, she thinks, desperate for an inch of blue shadow, some sign that he has stirred, perhaps she could break free and make a run for it. She had only wanted to share her words with someone. Such a simple desire, and yet she now leaches out her life in increments, losing her remaining time in centimeters. The dropping of seconds continues to echo in the room, and she finds herself pointlessly counting them as they shatter forever. In one last move, she tries to escape. No such luck. As her eyes close, her last sight is of her impassive computer, displaying words that are now imprinted on her brain forever
…website found. Waiting for reply…

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 11-01-2009, 04:42 AM

...I tried to sketch out a plot for a horror, but it turned into a romance. WTH!?
Anyways, I'll still figure things out and submit something. :lol:

M i r o
Comatose

Old 11-01-2009, 05:00 AM

lmao you made me laugh so hard, aanna. xDD thats hilarious.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 11-01-2009, 05:11 AM

So many awesome entries while I was gone! I really enjoyed reading some of them. ^_^

@Tigerlady:
Yes, as Pietro pointed out. Please use the form to submit your entry, otherwise I would not be able to accept it. Also, your story is well over the 400 word limit. :D
However, if you posted just for others to read, I have to say it's a rather nice story. And thank you for that!

@Nolori:
Best of luck to you, Nolori!
And thank you! I am receiving way more entries than I anticipated. I wasn't expecting so many so soon! xD

@KarKarIsAStar:
A little bit of profanity is perfectly fine, so long as it is within context. There are RPs with much worse levels of cursing that are allowed. :yes:

@Goblin Maiden:
Your second entry is past the word limit by 3 words, even with the hyphenated words taken as one word as a whole. =)

@briannamal:
Well, there IS romantic horror. I'm very sure of it. xD

Pietro
Photographer

Old 11-01-2009, 05:36 AM

Hey Iro, I think you skipped my entry :(

Sesshoumaru
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 05:37 AM

Hey, Iro! If you're on, I have a few questions before I submit a story. Or start writing one, lol.

Can I be...kind of explicit? Not sexually, but like...very descriptive? I'm very moribd.

And it goes without saying, but I ask anyway. We cannot submit with mules, can we?

Reeny
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2009, 05:39 AM

An Unpardonable Sin
Username: Reeny
Word count: 400 (on the dot, at least that's what Word said!)
Entry:

A carnelian pool of blood was beginning to slither across the dirty barn floor, still fresh with the footprints of their struggles. Lady Esperanza stared down at the dead man swathed in priest’s robes, growing darker with his own blood.

How she had been able to reach for pruning shears, while Father Miguel held her pinned under him against the straw-strewn floor, ready to violate her, she didn’t know. She had never been exceptionally strong, though she thanked God above for allowing older brothers to be part of her life. Perhaps her younger years, spent wrestling with them in fun, gave her enough strength to fend off this priest claiming to be on a mission from God; claiming that because of her elevated station in life, she had been chosen to serve God by allowing the priest to satiate his carnal desires.

But she hadn’t meant to kill him. Dried rivulets of tears, more as a result of fright, than any sorrow, stained her dirt-darkened skin.

She stepped away from the pool which was trying to reach her feet, when her eyes caught a flash of red in the shadows. “Who’s there?” Her timid voice called out, still touched with a hint of strength from her earlier encounter with adrenalin.

“Dear child,” a deep voice, touched with years of knowledge, spoke from sanguine robes as it stepped into the barely-lit barn.

“Cardinal!” Her voice rang out with fright, eyes going wider, springing to life with fresh tears.

“What have you done?” He asked gently, not accusatorily, merely curious to hear it from her lips.

Before she knew it, she had explained the night’s events and found herself sobbing into his chest as he held his arms protectively around her.

“I always had my doubts about him,” the sage voice whispered comfortingly.

“But what shall I do? I have … killed a man. I have committed an unpardonable sin!” Her voice hiccoughed with a rising sob.

“Would you rather have had him violate you with a lie?” There was a hard edge to his voice.

“No!” She let out with disdain. “I will not be violated.”

A dark smile crossed the Cardinal’s visage, and he took the young girl’s face into his large hands. His hazel eyes bore into her dark ones. “Too late,” he said, as his gleaming white fangs sunk into her neck.

She was now his for eternity.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 11-01-2009, 05:43 AM

Looks good, Reeny. Thank you for your entry!

@Pietro:
Sorry about that. There were so many new entries! :lol:
It's listed now.

@Sesshoumaru:
Descriptive as in the gory sort, it's fine.
It's not exactly stated, but preferably with your main, yes. Only two entries per user is allowed, however. :yes:

Sesshoumaru
⊙ω⊙

Old 11-01-2009, 05:44 AM

I wish I could submit two with my mule too. But alrighty then, I'll head onto my main to submit when I do get to that point. :3 Thanks.