Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-17-2014, 04:38 PM

Lols. I try to reuse old rp plots and characters as new rps or sometimes stories for myself. I sometimes really prefer something as an rp though.

SleepingGirl95
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2014, 06:18 AM

I like to read other peoples roleplays. I am a heavy reader so i like reading story's and picturing the story in my head and it also motivates me to finish or start a roleplay.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-22-2014, 06:26 AM

how does it motivate you to finish an rp? I understand how it's inspiring for creating one.

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 09-22-2014, 06:39 AM

I read alot of what my partners post in other RP's, kind of to see if I am bringing just as much to the table as they can bring. do I bring enough content for them to work off of or am I just squeaking by. I also read other peoples RP's to get a sense of what their writing style is like, what they like in an RP, or if they have a character I would love to play with. recently it has been to get a sense of what one of their RP characters is like because he is supposed to be a long time friend of my Main but I dont know him well enough. we do have an OOC to help with that but I want to know what he is like with others so I can think of what he might have been like with mine. and there are the times that I am waiting, watching the new posts appear and one of the RPs just catch my eye and I have to read.

SleepingGirl95
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2014, 06:40 AM

Kat- Do you ever start a project and just get bored of it? But you see someone else do it, and suddenly want to finish your project? I do that alot with drawing also lol. BUT I am a lazy person so that may only make sense to me hahaha.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-22-2014, 07:01 AM

Lunna, I swear half the time I read anything of another's rp is because I'm bored and staring at New Posts or the rp forum. Sounds very smart to look for info on the character. I guess that's only useful if your partner is the sort to use the same character elsewhere.

Kiara, I've got the worst case of project hopping adhd out there. I know how you feel, though I tend to be ten times better with rps and even fanfiction because I know someone is waiting on me. That helps. So seeing others rp pushes you to rp yourself? Cool.

SleepingGirl95
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-22-2014, 07:09 AM

Lol i know the feeling. I know this is a little off topic but you do fanfics? Yea thats also true. You have to consider the other persons feeling...Sometimes i would be so bad with that the person would message up to 3 times for the rp :/ I wasn't ignoring them im just lazy to check stuff haha. Yep :)

Lunna Dea

Old 09-22-2014, 07:20 AM

I was the one that suggested he be a long time friend of my character. he had the right temperament for it of what I had read of him. but now I have gotten a bit attaced to reading those RP's too so I get a bit frustrated at their partner who had not written in a bit. I have in the past had to stop before replaying to a RP post as well. it gets as far as me pulling up my word doc and then going "wait I dont have any characters in here"

I usually subcribe to all the RPs I want to read so that they pop up in my account. that way if they post when I am offline I can see it and read it.

there is one other case of me reading other RP's... I had a friend on here that had an RP going with me that I really loved and had a great character in. but then she dissappered and I wanted got to reading her other RP's. from there it whent to her OOC threads and I found out a bit more about her. sadly it only lead me to more dead accounts on other websites. I really miss my little Grim Reaper.

Grapefruit Wannabe
One day I will be a grapefruit!

Old 09-22-2014, 08:43 AM

I like to read RPs. I love a good story, and it gives me inspiration to draw sometimes too.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Yes I've very recently started writing fanfics.

I should probably subscribe to the rps I read so I'll be more encouraged to keep reading but I get ocd about my subscribed threads. I end up just bookmarking them on my browser.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-22-2014, 06:10 PM

Ah yes the curse of OCD.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-22-2014, 06:22 PM

I just have so many tnreads and I hate to see too many show up with new responses at any one time. Prompts me to feel overwhelmed and ignore them all.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-22-2014, 07:36 PM

Well I hope you are able to post in some of them.

The Queer Engineer

Old 09-27-2014, 02:49 PM

I read role plays so I can learn the format when I eventually decide to get back into role playing. I want to make a steampunk role play.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 09-29-2014, 04:27 AM

I stepped in here for the first time for this purpose... I need to know how to rp... or start writing better. I am bad with words, at least i feel that way so when i write its more like something a kid cooked up.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-29-2014, 04:36 AM

Aw, writing is all practice and reading. It's amazing what you can learn from just lurking around and reading how other people are doing. Also a good judge to see what amateur people are writing online instead of just comparing yourself to published writers.

Sanguine Allure
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-25-2014, 11:49 PM

When I'm bored but not too much in the mood to write, I do lurk in the threads and read through some of the roleplays that caught my interest. Most of the time if the plot catches my interest it helps snap me out of my writers block slump and I join. But I do have to say that a lot of the times I do get a bit bored with lurking through some roleplays because they tend to be a lil too slow to me or they just die and I never get to finish reading the story! lol. When that happens I just move to reading a book XD But long rambling cut short: Yes, I lurk and read role plays as well as role play myself :3

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-26-2014, 01:00 AM

Ah yeah, that's the really sad thing about lurking in people's stories. The chances are, you won't get to read the end, or even very well into the story. It's a real pity because sometimes it's really fun.

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 11-25-2014, 06:28 AM

I do like reading RPs, but I RP myself too. It's fun. Mostly I read other people's RPs because I love the story, but sometimes I scroll through them for minor pointers for my own

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-26-2014, 11:39 PM

*raises hand*

I sometimes skim through other users' roleplays ^_^ just out of curiosity, or maybe they have a super-catchy title, or if I am interested in starting and/or joining a roleplay with a similar theme or storyline :)