Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-20-2014, 11:48 AM

I dunno if this should go in the Word Games or if there was ever a thread like it here, but there's a thread like it in Ernya's Music Discussion forums so I'm thinking it's okay to put it here.
Basically you comment on the song last posted, as well as post your own song. I'll start:

Have fun finding new music

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-20-2014, 08:52 PM

Eh, I'll bite. This seems like it could be interesting.
I wasn't a fan of the song overall. Interesting to say the least, It wasn't bad and I could listen to it again if I heard it. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy the album/song or listen to it a lot, but I can at least always say I've heard far worse.

Because I was being stupid, the exact translation of the title was hard to find or I was just blind as a bat and it was in front of me the entire time, But it's Silver Forests remix of Touhou 7.5: Immaterial and Missing Power staff credit track 'Memory of Forgathering Oriental Dream'.

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-22-2014, 08:15 AM

I liked Touhou's Bad Apple and I like this ^^ too. Shall rummage around YouTube for the original after posting my song:

kennyze
Banned

Old 10-22-2014, 08:23 AM

I listen to this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7knsP2n5w

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-22-2014, 11:26 AM

kennyze: You're supposed to say what you think of the song above you, then post your song. That's the way the game goes :)
I'm thinking you're new here?

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-22-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelioness View Post
I liked Touhou's Bad Apple and I like this ^^ too. Shall rummage around YouTube for the original after posting my song:
The Touhou Thread in Gaming has the links to the Original, The Remix, The English Remix, and the Rock Remix.

Since kennyze is banned, I'm going to assume we can skip that one. >.>; idk.

I actually like that cover, it's actually hilarious and the censoring they did was... XD

Warning: Language. I give the warning because some people dislike it. It's only twice in the entire song, but a fair warning needs to be given anyways.

It's another Touhou cover, but this time of Youmu's theme: Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When? by Draw the Emotional. I could actually see this as being Youmu's theme... and the thought of her wielding a bow on top of her swords is actually horrifying!

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-23-2014, 08:27 AM

That song is painful but good. It proves that you might get that something is good but still not really like it.

This is the final act of Ane Brun's short film, ONE. You watch the songs in order, you watch the film. The order is 1. Words
2. One 3. Do You Remember 4. Worship

Last edited by Dandelioness; 10-23-2014 at 08:33 AM..

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-23-2014, 11:25 PM

Okay... WTSF... Great song, I actually loved it but... that video... o.o

Now... Are we counting only lyrical pieces, or any composition?

If any, Then I want you to listen to this...
...Because this is genius.

If it must be lyrical, then a little Pendulum will do.

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-25-2014, 11:56 AM

We're definitely counting any composition.
Devil's Trill Sonata was so moving! And Under the Waves is going to stick in my head for some time.
Here ye go. Turn on CC kay?

Last edited by Dandelioness; 10-25-2014 at 11:58 AM..

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-26-2014, 06:54 PM

I think I was singing it for a while after I listened to that. Very good. :D

I stumbled upon NemesisTheory a while ago on Newgrounds. This is probably my favorite track they've done.

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-27-2014, 10:32 AM

It started out dramatic and went quite smoothly, I enjoyed it :)
My turn to post a non-lyrical! You might have already heard this one:

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 10-27-2014, 03:11 PM

That's not bad! Not bad at all! OK, my turn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4riX6upk7U8

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 10-28-2014, 11:30 AM

CycloneKira: If you put that url between it'll come as a video. Ooh and if you wanna ping someone the way I just did you, put @ username ; without the spaces of course.
The song you shared was catchy, and the singer's singing style is different from any I've heard. Here's another unique singer that made me take to a song just a little, that I'd usually balk at:

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 10-29-2014, 07:52 AM

Never was a fan of that song before, still not but it's a lot more tolerable to me. ^-^; Now, I'm kind of breaking the rule about 'song' above you... because I'm going to post two. Both by the same group... I stop playing LoL because I can't stand the game, but Riot still has artistic talent that I can't deny.

Might as well not use the same band for two seperate posts and just do this to save time... I'd of used Ohmwrecker during my next one. x.x Also, If you like this... The entire Album is free on the website Riot created. :D

I'd still love to know how Mord plays guitar with those gauntlets of his...

Last edited by KisaraKitsune; 10-29-2014 at 08:13 PM..

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 11-01-2014, 08:10 AM

Nice. There's something fusion-y about those songs but I can't place my finger on it.
Have a taste of this:

I hope the volume isn't too less. It is for me, and I actually go to the pains of pausing the video at the moment the music starts, going to grooveshark and playing the song there, and playing the video timing it right.

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 11-03-2014, 12:00 AM

I like. It sounds like all the sounds that play in my pandora stations. Not something I would pick, but something I would stumble upon. Like now.

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 11-04-2014, 07:29 AM

It's foot tapping. I like the off-vocal.
Here's another song with a lovely off-vocal complemented beautifully by the vocals:

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 11-04-2014, 09:41 AM

Very nice. I was moving to it.
I love this, I find it beautiful... but oh god it gives me the feels remember the anime it's from. T-T

Don't search for the anime if you do not like lots of blood and death(or can't handle it)... It gets pretty bad at some points. Still such a sad anime/manga.

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 11-05-2014, 11:13 AM

I knew that song from before :) My friend read the manga and still suffers and my other friend set it as her ringtone O_o LOL.
And I like the song in itself. I've seen the translation and my friend who read the manga says she can't work out its bearing on the story either.
I'm just gonna give you this, I think it's cute:

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 11-13-2014, 05:14 PM

ABout my last post: Honestly... I use to know the meaning as it was connected with the story. I do love the use of Latin for the lyrics. It adds a nice rings to it.

Onto your song. Instrumental wise, it's not bad... I don't like her singing voice. It just sounds strange to me. o.o

Yeah, I know... Another Touhou song. NUCLEAR FUSION is my favorite track from Touhou because of Utsuho being just a fun as heck boss. CROW'SCLAW has my favorite remix of her theme(Tied with Demetori). This video mixes their cover of Mystical Dream (0:00-1:50) and then kicks it up with NUCLEAR FUSION for the rest of the song. I've always liked CROW'SCLAW, and this just solidifies it more for me. \m/ Rock on! Don't mess with Utsuho!

Last edited by KisaraKitsune; 11-13-2014 at 11:38 PM..

CycloneKira
Shoot to kill

Old 11-14-2014, 11:39 AM

That was pretty catchy.

Here's mine
Hikari no Kioku

I really like the drumbeat and the way it changes through the song.

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 11-14-2014, 07:07 PM

I haven't heard that one in a while. I really like it.

I've always liked this song. It's one you'll catch me singing to all the time when it's on.

Khali
Deliciously Disgusting

Old 11-22-2014, 03:18 AM

Its not really my type of music, but its definitely got good vocals and is pretty catchy.

How about this one?
Depeche Mode - Nothing's Impossible

Dandelioness
Myoxine Melomaniac

Old 11-22-2014, 08:17 AM

Nice. I like the overall tone and range of pitch and basically its moody sound :D
How 'bout this:

KisaraKitsune
Team ⑨

Old 11-23-2014, 09:03 PM

Such feels listening to that song. Brought up some sad memories for me... It was a good song but... Damn.

Need to lighten my mood after that.