Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 10-12-2008, 04:17 AM

Hi all! Rylynne here. I've come from Gaia where I sell my artistic services for gold, but here in Mene, I'm hopelessly lost when it comes to pricing my stuff. =| The currency and gold-item equivalents are so different from Gaia, I don't even know where to start. xD

So, I'll start off with some individual samples~ Yeah, they're mostly Gaian avatars, so I apologize for that. >.>;

[single waist-up sketch] [single waist-up sketch] [couple waist-up sketch]
[single waist-up inked] [single waist-up inked]
[single knee-high flat-colored] [single knee-high flat-colored]
[single waist-up color] [single fullbody color]

You can find more samples in my Photobucket gallery. It's arranged by which mediums I used in the small rectangular menu at the left side of the site. =D

I'd love to hear about pricing in terms of medium used and cut-off (like, headshot, waist-up, etc). Even a vague idea would be very much helpful. =)

Thank you all in advance! <3

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 AM

It's difficult for me to price with so many different things to price in the first place. I'm also more of an auction person, so I might be on the expensive side.
For the single waist-up sketch, I'd go for 300g
For the couple waist-up, at least 500
For a single inked I'd go 600
700/800 for the flat color
1K for the waist-up color.
1.2K for the full-body color~

I recommend going higher if you need to, but I'd definitely pay this or more >w<

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-14-2008, 03:55 AM

There ya go Nae ^^
Thanks Platty & Sakura =]

Oh i think Sakura might have PM'ed you Nae?
I dunno, but she said your art was awesome and possibly an auction for the fullbody would be good??

Rylynne

Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 AM

@ Platty (may I call you that too? xD) : Thank you very much for your reply! It's really very much appreciated. <3 I shall definitely consider these, along with the other pricings I've received. :3 And I may just try an auction even? Lol. xD But anyhow, thank you very much again. =)

@ Chi : Thank you SO much for asking both Platty and Sakura to help me on this. :3 *huggles* It really helps and means a lot. <3

And yes, Sakura did pm me about it. =D She didn't really give an actual price range like Platty or kitkat, but she recommended me to do an auction first so that the folks here at Mene would get to know me better. :3 I'll ponder on the thought a lil more though. xD After all, I still have Gaian commissions I have to do. >.>;

Thank you again~ =D

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-14-2008, 05:36 AM

I was going to suggest an auction too XD

I just think its a good way to test things out, and they tend to be more profitable ^^

Rylynne

Old 10-14-2008, 05:52 AM

Really? I see... I'm just a little scared about them, I guess. xD What if no one bids or something? :x Lol, I'm just a little insecure, that's all~

But, if ever I do have an auction, any suggestions as to how long it should last, and what AB I should ask for? =O All I have as some sort of reference to auctions are Gaian auctions, and I'm not quite sure if the auctions here work the same way. =\

Thank you very much in advance~ :3 And btw, I'm really in love with your avi. <3

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-14-2008, 06:44 AM

Well you can count on me too bid xD.
You should check out Plattys shop Nae. Her art is teh awesome ^^

Rylynne

Old 10-14-2008, 09:42 AM

Aww, thanks Chi~ :3 Although, I wouldn't want you to feel obliged to bid. xD That would just be unfair to you. =| I appreciate the thought though~ <3

And okay then, I'll check it out. =D Although, I'm already sure that it's teh awesome without even looking at it yet. xDD

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM

I don't feel obliged lol, i like your art silleh xD =]
Cool, cool. Can you feel the awesomeness from here? xD

Rylynne

Old 10-14-2008, 10:27 AM

Awws, I'm touched. :3 *huggles*

And yes, I feel it even from here. >=] I already checked it out, and I SO envy her CG/coloring. xD I still need a LOT of work with mine. >.>;

Would you know if she uses a tablet, Chi? Cause sadly, I'm stuck with a crappy mouse to do my coloring. >.>;

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM

She prob does use a tablet i'm guessing with artwork like that lol.
But don't quote me on that >___<. Just ask her i'm sure she'll let you know if she does or not.

Rylynne

Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM

Okay, thanks~ :3 I'll ask her when I get the chance. =)

*waits for more people to come and price the art* 8D

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-14-2008, 10:57 PM

My shop is.. not active.. *death by college*

But I feel like college is seriously helping my art, so... it's like a love-hate type of thing XD

And thank you for the compliments, you guys >w<

I use a combination of a 4 by 6-inch Graphire tablet and Photoshop's pen tool.

The pen tool creates my smooth lines, and I color everything in with my tablet. I also zoom in a lot so I can get more details in.

The pen tool method I use is the "fill" method, not the "stroke". So when I do my lineart, I actually go to the edges of the lineart... like... you know how when you draw lines, some are thicker than others? I follow the thickness as if it were it's own individual shape. It just gives better line quality that way. I can explain it better once I get home, since I can take screenshots XD;

Random: It just struck me. I can actually sell prints on dA now XD; I need to fix some things before I decide to do that, though...

Rylynne

Old 10-15-2008, 05:49 AM

You deserve the compliments~ :3 *is jealous* xDD

And no wonder you have such lovely art~ I wish I had a tablet. :< I'm stuck coloring with a mouse. xDD

And ohh, I'd love screenshots. :3 I need to learn how to use the pen tool. xDD I still do my lines traditionalluy. =\ That is, only if you're willing, of course~ =)

And ohh, cool~ :> Hope that goes well for you then. =D

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-15-2008, 05:53 AM

Oh! There's this tutorial that sort of explains it:

http://www.mangarevolution.com/tutor...utorial_id=367

That's basically what I do~

Rylynne

Old 10-15-2008, 10:49 AM

Oohhh~ *checks out the link*

Thank you so much, Platty! =D I'll see if it works for me. :3 The help is very much appreciated. <3

And... now, time to wait for more pricing. >.>; Sometimes I wish this subforum wasn't so... not active. D: xDD

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-15-2008, 03:13 PM

Haha, I know exactly what you mean XD;

ROFL. A truck outside sounded like it literally farted... ROFL.

Rylynne

Old 10-15-2008, 04:22 PM

Yeah. xD I wonder if people are dissuaded into going into threads with more posts than others like on Gaia. =\ If so, I'm in real trouble now. xDD

And LOL. xDD That's something you don't hear everyday. =P

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-15-2008, 04:55 PM

Haha, I haven't been active on Gaia in a while. I'm thinking about just not logging in again. Is the aquarium really only a real money shop?? D8; I joined Gaia because I thought everything except the Monthly letters were free. And then the Cash shop comes along.. and then this? Many of the updates I've seen are not even gold updates, just cash updates. I thought it was kinda neat at first but now I can't afford anything D8

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-15-2008, 10:20 PM

@Platty - Yeh it is, you can only buy items with cash, if you wanna buy directly. But then there are some things that are sold in the MP.

MurasakiCrown
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 10-15-2008, 10:23 PM

*sigh* Ah well. I'm not even sure I want to look at the battle system anymore...

Rylynne

Old 10-16-2008, 04:16 AM

@ Platty : That's true. D: I don't like in the US, so I seriously can't even buy even if I wanted to. >.>; And the Battle System? Ehh... I'm kinda neutral about that. =\ I think I'll check it out though when it comes out, since I'm curious. xD

@ Chi : But MP's bleh. xDD The Exchange is <3. =P Lol. xD

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-16-2008, 11:59 AM

@Nae - I don't live in the U.S either? But i can still buy???
Oh yeh i forgot the exchange too xDD. But i hate the exchange now, people are bloody pushy and rude sometimes.

@Platty - I am seriously not interested in it lol

Rylynne

Old 10-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Really? Well, I can't. :<

And really? I guess I'm lucky then, since I find the nice people in the Exchange. xDD

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 10-16-2008, 01:53 PM

Hold on, are we talking about mail in orders or what??

Yesh you are lucky lol.