(^(エ)^)

Old 08-03-2007, 05:44 PM

Wow this place looks comfy! *relaxes*

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2007, 05:52 PM

*scoots over to make room for Eroy*

What I wouldn't give for a cheesesteak sandwich right now. Now that's the stuff right there :)

I don't know if there would even be a place that would carry scrapple here. Not too many Amish in the desert :lol: I'll have to ask around though.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:06 PM

I remember my mom found scrapple when we were in Texas at the HEB (I think) in San Antonio so I guess it is spreading - but it is generally a regional thing.

So my Dad was just telling me that a crap load of UPS uniforms were just bought on E-Bay - homeland security is trying to track the buyer - but that means fake UPS peoples may be out and around.

At first I was wondering what the big deal was -but then he pointed out that the easiest way to get into a secured office type building is to be the delivery person. Kinda creepy.

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 08-03-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siaasgn
I know I had Geno's - I was not impressed. Don't think I have made it back to that area to go to Pat's.

I personally like Jim's on south street - Dalesandro's in Roxborough is pretty good too.

I actually usually go to one of the food trucks on Drexel's campus for my cheesesteaks - for $5 I can get a steak, soda, and chips. :)
If you're ever in South Philly again (I know it's a pain with how congested it can get, etc.), try to stop by Pat's. It is directly across the street from Geno's. Not as flashy by any means, but WONDERFUL. I'll have to check out Jim's, I've never been there before. Dalesandro's is very good in my opinion, too, but Pat's is still my fave.

apricotbaby
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via ICQ to apricotbaby Send a message via AIM to apricotbaby Send a message via MSN to apricotbaby Send a message via Yahoo to apricotbaby

Old 08-03-2007, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroy
Wow this place looks comfy! *relaxes*
Hello Eroy... those are reallllly pretty fishies you've got there!

*shudders* sia, that *IS* creepy.

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 06:08 PM

Do I want sushi, burgers, Thai, Chinese, or pizza tonight? o_o

...Er... Sia, that's awful. What would ever possess a person to do that? Well, I know the obvious answer, but my goodness. -_-';;

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 06:21 PM

Ohh. .I say you want sushi or thai for dinner- because that's what i would want ;)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-03-2007, 06:30 PM

Oh you evil women all talking about food!!

i MUST go and cook something now :lol:

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 07:13 PM

You know, as I was getting ready I kept thinking of sushi. I know the place we go to does this "loveboat" special thing, dinner for two with miso soup, salad, sashimi, and sushi... so I think I'll try and talk the lovey into that. xD

Now I have an eyelash that's trying to stab my eye out. >.<; I hate those.

magikjaz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to magikjaz Send a message via MSN to magikjaz Send a message via Yahoo to magikjaz

Old 08-03-2007, 07:33 PM

mmmm .... Chi totally go for the sushi!!

I need to talk hubby into doing sushi...we haven't had it in ages (well maybe a week and 1/2 but it feels like longer)

last night we did Red Lobster for the New England lobster clam bake. i chowed down on cheddar biscuits so I have tons of leftovers today hehehe

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-03-2007, 07:34 PM

Do you guys make your own? We usually do every other week or so, depending on if we can find good smoked salmon. ^^

Mmm, Red Lobster. I haven't eaten at one of those in years. I was supposed to get lobster this weekend, but it's postponed for a bit. xD

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 08-03-2007, 08:10 PM

I really need to stop reading all these food posts. Certainly is making me hungry and not good for the diet....or should I say lifestyle change.

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Haha . . yeah - no one ever raves about healthy foods.

I'm planning on making zucchini provincial tonight - it's yummy - potato, onion, garlic, zucchini, celery, tomato, basil - I'm going to add some white beans for protein and see how it tastes.

How is the . . . lifestyle change going for you roo? I did WW once and lost a lot of weight - but then I moved in with a bunch of people who were not conductive to me keeping my weight off - I really should try it again.

roocee
(。・ω・&...
Send a message via AIM to roocee Send a message via MSN to roocee Send a message via Yahoo to roocee

Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 PM

Well right now it's not going well. When I'm upset or nervous, I don't stick to what I need to be eating.

magikjaz
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to magikjaz Send a message via MSN to magikjaz Send a message via Yahoo to magikjaz

Old 08-03-2007, 09:24 PM

if we do our own we usually cheat and just do sashimi

altho I DO know how to make it ... even have a bamboo roller mat ... my friend San taught me years ago. He was obsessed with all things Japanese (which i found odd cuz he was from Vietnam)

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-03-2007, 11:01 PM

Ahh. .I can understand that Roo - I'm a stress eater. When I'm really stressed out I seem to eat non-stop.

it's funny how people react differently to anxiety and stress - I'm an eater by my boyfriend pretty much stops eating when he's stressed. neither reaction is very healthy tho. :(

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-04-2007, 12:58 AM

Is it just me or are people suddenly popping out of the woodwork? Or maybe I am just paying more attention. Seems to me that there are people who haven't been on in months are suddenly just appearing out of nowhere.

*shrug*

Well, at least the weekend is just about here :)

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 08-04-2007, 02:33 AM

I was thinking that too Kat but then again, I've just been more active this week.

GigglyBipper
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-04-2007, 03:32 AM

*runs in shouting and waving her arms*

*stops in center of room trying to remember what she was going to say*

*turns around and runs back out the way she came in*

(that was my exercize for today!)

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 08-04-2007, 04:32 PM

Afternoon all. Aliena's final voting thread is up. Looks like Jelly could place. Good luck!!!

EternalHearts
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to EternalHearts Send a message via Yahoo to EternalHearts

Old 08-04-2007, 05:24 PM

Bippy, you are a NUT!!!!

Jaz, I am SO jealous, I haven't had one ofthose in forever, and I LIVE in New England. Heck, the closest Red Lobster to me is in southwest Connecticut, not that it's a surprise since you can get a good old fashioned clam bake virtually anywhere.

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-04-2007, 06:45 PM

Now I want seafood. >.> Good thing I live on an island.

I hope everyone is doing well, but I doubt I'll be back in this thread before the Carnival comes to a close. (I'm at work right now, and by the time I get home I have so much to do... dishes, laundry, dinner to cook, etc.)

That said, it's been a blast. I'll see some of you back in the 18+ thread. ^_^ <3

AkashaHeartilly
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to AkashaHeartilly Send a message via Yahoo to AkashaHeartilly

Old 08-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Seafood? Tis the most delicious food evar!

How is everyone this morning? Going to be sad once this event ends. It shall be done while I'm at work!

roocee
(。・ω・&...

Old 08-04-2007, 07:05 PM

I will be sad too. You all are welcome to come to our purkle thread over in the nation :)

Ooooo, I got first place in Caeluma's candy thread. How cool is that!!!