King
Wearer of glow-in-the-dark snowm...
Send a message via MSN to King

Old 03-23-2008, 03:39 AM

So who here has bought it, or is thinking about buying it? I sure did, and I'm enjoying it! If you did buy it, what do and don't you like about it? If you are thinking about buying it, do you have any questions about the game?

I posted a lengthy review on page 4, quoted below for curious minds! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
Bought it the day it hit stores Thursday, I'm in love!

Don't worry about the requirements yet. Lots of people are reporting that it plays great on low to mid-range computers. My specs passed all but the graphics card, but when I turned the graphics setting to high I was amazed by how beautiful things were, and no lag!

Create-A-Style is awesome, and very useful! I can see myself spending hours customizing things. I've been building and designing houses and everything is to perfection, matching and the like. The only downfall is that you can't customize some things in build mode, besides that you can customize anything!

Create-A-Sim takes some time getting used to. The faces are a little pudgy at first, but once you see the possibilities that changes. EA took a step back by taking away the options to personalize the face, no more pointy ears or horrid long noses! It's all a pre-set facial feature system now, but the pre-sets that you can use have many combination's, many outcomes! The hairstyles do lack, especially on men, but the women do have some good variety. I love how you can highlight hair now, adds some nice details.

One thing that has drastically changed is the player experience. You no longer are focused on needs as much as you are on lifetime wishes. Lifetime wishes are just like they are in "The Sims 2", but instead of points they also offer rewards. Rewards come in the form of moodlets, these little guys change your sims's perspective drastically. Let's say you work hard at the office, your sim will receive a stressed out moodlet. This will lower their mood bar. To fix it, spend a little money and pamper your sim at the spa, your sim will relax and become at ease. The moodlet system is great, I like it a whole lot!

Next up, seamless neighborhood! What else can I say? It's interesting being able to walk around town. The graphics of the scenery and details are stunning. It's very elaborate. I love how sims visit each other, take a stroll in the park, and go shopping with no loading screens. The neighborhood also hosts events such as "Neighborhood Bar-B-Que Day", it's a great way to meet the people in your town.

Finally, we have the career ladder and relationships. The careers are much more detailed. Every time you go to work you have an option bar that stays up until your sim gets off work. This option bar allows you to switch tasks your sim does while working. Let's say your co-workers are intimidated by you, by chatting at the water cooler they will get to know you more. Boss not happy, sucking up is in order! What you choose to do will effect job performance, good or bad! Also, there are now challenges. Challenges can be career challenges, or just day to day actions. You are alerted when you are eligible to receive a challenge, you can accept or decline it. Challenges can be as easy as baking cookies, or as hard as throwing amazing social events. Lastly, relationships have changed. Relationships now develop based on traits. Your sim has 5-6 traits you will pick for them in the beginning, these range from perfectionist to snob. Your sim will be more inclined to be-friend someone who has similar traits, and avoid others who do not.

Overall, I love it. There are some drawbacks, but it is a great game to buy! :)

Last edited by King; 06-06-2009 at 04:29 AM..

Lsaylor
(。⌒∇⌒)&...
Banned

Old 03-23-2008, 03:41 AM

-Dies.
THREE?

.___. Link me pls.
i Havent Got any Games Since the college one.
D: also hi person who lives in my state
o-o -wave.

Stealthy

Old 03-23-2008, 08:51 AM

I'm excited and disappointed at the same time, mainly because all the time I spent downloading custom content for Sims 2 has gone to waste, and now I'll have to download even more for Sims 3 (I expect there won't even be any good CC for it for a few weeks after its release).

So yeah, I have mixed feelings. Some if it looks really good, and some of it looks a bit strange.

For those who don't have them, here's some links:
Official Site
Latest News - Info about gameplay tweaks etc.

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-23-2008, 04:07 PM

i must admit i love the new features and how customizable the sims and their houses will be, yet i hate their faces so much xP i miss the anime and cartoony look they have now, and their hairs are so realistic in it too :(

...their fore heads are too big xDD lol, i'll stick with sims 2 anyway, until my boyfriend grabs me a copy of it for mac >.> lol!

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 03-23-2008, 04:52 PM

Aaaah. I haven't even finished picking up the last XP for TWO yet!

Gah. *imagines the ton of money I'll need to upgrade*

Wow. That's a lot of changes. The gameplay didn't really change much from 1 to 2, just got stuff added to it. This seems like it's almost going to be a totally different game. Although, the graphics don't look that much different. Hm.

Well. I suppose I have a whole year or more to get used to this.

King
Wearer of glow-in-the-dark snowm...
Send a message via MSN to King

Old 03-24-2008, 02:27 AM

It's on the official www.sims2.com site!

Hey person who lives in my state!

Yeah...I have to upgrade my system to play it. I would love new architectural details though! Their faces look a little...plump and not really that great. Though it's still in the process of being made. Like The Sims 2, it will be changed greatly probably.

I love the new pictures of the town! The furniture looks nice too, but it looks like an updated version of The Sims 2 furniture though. =/

dark_tenshi17
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 03-24-2008, 10:10 PM

I didn't even know there was a third one! Man, it's prolly so much better than Sims 2 is right now

Mamoru404
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-26-2008, 04:33 PM

I can't wait till it comes out i have loved the sims games ever since they came out i have everyone of the sim (the first one) games that you could get, i have all of the sims 2 games you could get, and here i come sims 3 and yea the screen play does look amazing!!

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-26-2008, 05:13 PM

*dances*

I love the second one to death, but there just weren't enough customization features to hold my interest. It sounds like this version will solve that problem. Instead of downloading countless features from shady sites, I'll be able to change textures and patterns within the game itself. It's exactly what I've been waiting for!

Jezriel
(^._.^)ノ
Penpal

Old 03-26-2008, 07:47 PM

So my new dilemma is this:

I've got this huge Neighborhood project with custom recolors and buildings and people that I've been working on for Sims2. Do I go ahead and do it, knowing it'll take most of the year, and then have to REDO it when I eventually get Sims3....

or should I just put it on back burner, maybe just doing my prep-work now (assuming I'll be able to use similar templates for recolors in 3)

*sigh*

I dislike re-doing things, but I hate waiting, too. XP

Dayla
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-26-2008, 09:38 PM

Wow. I didn't know they were making a 3rd one already. It looks pretty, but I don't think I'll get it. I have to get a new computer first. I can't even run all the Sims2 expansions yet. XD

I hope there's less micromanaging. I always get caught up in it. x_x

Tre Le Coco

Old 03-26-2008, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezriel
So my new dilemma is this:

I've got this huge Neighborhood project with custom recolors and buildings and people that I've been working on for Sims2. Do I go ahead and do it, knowing it'll take most of the year, and then have to REDO it when I eventually get Sims3....

or should I just put it on back burner, maybe just doing my prep-work now (assuming I'll be able to use similar templates for recolors in 3)

*sigh*

I dislike re-doing things, but I hate waiting, too. XP
yes but remember, they say it will be in 2009, but when? it could be the end of the year for all you know, and by then who knows how much worth of new computer peices you'll need to run it, so don't give up on it yet :P

sabishisa
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to sabishisa Send a message via MSN to sabishisa

Old 03-27-2008, 06:46 PM

Oh my god, really?? I haven't even played Sims 2 yet due to Crappy Computer Syndrome... Wow, I reeeaally feel left behind now ^^;; Either way, it looks awesome. I love Sims... so easy to get addicted to.

MikaKai
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-31-2008, 01:58 PM

O____O

YAY!!
OMG YAY!!!

Sorry, I love Sims, and now... SIMS 3!!
I happy =D

Keska
Vampire Penguins? Zombie Bunnies...

Old 04-01-2008, 02:38 PM

I hadn't realized that they were making a third one already. I'm so out of the loop.

It seems like it would be neat and quite customizable. But I do have to agree with Tre Le Coco. I really like the cartoony look that the sims have now. But it still intrigues me. I really enough the sims games so I'll probably pick it up.

I'll most likely have to upgrade my computer to play it. The sims2 already gives my computer issues. I don't even want to image what the third one would do.

Akstar
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-06-2008, 09:22 PM

.....Aw damn that means I have to dump my comp's files AGAIN!? Though I've been pretty bad about Sims 2 I haven't had much time to do anyting on it, I still need to clean my files from the first one that's still on my computer.

Freya Sui
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2008, 04:50 PM

Can they massacre in this one?

Alexis Durem
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-13-2008, 02:28 PM

Great...They haven't even finished coming out with all the expansion pack for sims2 on MAC, and they're already coming out with a sims3? It probably won't be out for mac though until around 2010 or something like that.

Doofus Soda
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 04-15-2008, 02:43 PM

it looks great, but the people's faces look really scary. >____> but i love the idea of how they're focusing on a whole community idea, instead of just individual families. i'll probably end up getting it, nevertheless.

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 AM

::drool:: Good Gracious! I'm gonna have to buy a brand new computer and dedicate it just to the Sims 3 now... it's bad enough I had to quit playing Sims 2 due to overloading the computer and I had that computer set up just for Sims 2.(Computer crashed big time... we still are trying to get it back up and running and that was a year ago... lol.) My SO's puter has Vista but a crappy graphics card, he dosen't want it on the laptop, and my computer is already jammed with stuff. Gargh! Now my SO will have to listen to me go on and on about Sims 3... and how cool it's gonna be. Heh heh...

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:35 PM

When I found out I nearly died of excitement. I am so glad and sad I didn't buy the XPs for Sims 2.

Kitti
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM

Im very very happy about it!
I seriously cant wait to get it!

The screenshots look amazing too.
Think It'll be put on the Xbox 360?

EvilLime100

Old 04-18-2008, 02:42 AM

OMG, i cant wait! ;D too bad i wont be able to get since im gunna need a whole new computer! :x

lena
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to lena

Old 04-20-2008, 04:15 AM

Wow!
I only just started playing Sims 2 a month ago! I was able to borrow it from a friend finally... now I really feel behind. I can't believe that the third is already coming out... I guess I'll just skip purchasing the second one then~

Last edited by fiarra; 08-06-2008 at 05:44 AM..

Fin Raziel
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 AM

I'll need a new computer before I can try the game out, but I'm still looking forward to it. I think I'm finally starting to get bored with Sims 2... I hope they keep vampires and aliens and stuff around, though! I bet the vampires are gone. *sob* The screen shots look pretty sweet.