Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2017, 09:27 PM

Friends Across Sites

How often have you joined a new site and felt alone until you saw a familiar username? Remember that joy? Not knowing what hangout to join, you suddenly have this single friend, and then a thread, and then an entire site to call home. For those of us with multiple sites to call home, nothing else makes the transition easier.

However, not all users keep the same name. We might never even know we're friends the entire time we talk. We might give up early on, too daunted by the unfamiliarity. Now though, we have no fear!

Welcome to Friends Across Sites, the hangout for those on multiple forum websites. Share with us your various usernames, your talk of other sites, and most of all, rejoin with the friends you already know and some you never did~! My goal is to one day have this hangout on all the sites I post on so we will always have a place to come back to rest. I hope you will all join me.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2017, 09:27 PM

~Our Friends~
(If you want your name to appear here, just let me know and post all of your sites)

Kat Dakuu:
Sapherna- Kat Dakuu
Recolor.me- Sassy Kat
Zantarni- Sassy Kat
KofK- Blackbriar
Windlyn- Key Gavotte
Syndrone- Shin
Sylestia- Murkysoulwaters
Ernya- Key Gavotte

Nephila
Gaia- Lovely Blackwidow
Solia- Nephila
Kinsaki- Nephila
Eryna- Nephila
crysandria- Nephila

Mama Mango (???)

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 12-22-2017 at 04:06 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2017, 09:28 PM

Reserved

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2017, 09:29 PM

And we are now open for posting~

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 12-21-2017, 10:11 PM

Hi Kat. :D

This is cool. I didn't know that there were so many different sites out there. :o
I am only familiar with, Gaia, Ernya (RIP), Mene and Solia, but Solia recently changed and I don't know how to navigate it anymore.

It sucks too because I was going to start some new RPs there.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2017, 11:02 PM

There are sooo many sites out there. I never did join Solia or Gaia. Neither one had the best avis or reviews by the time I noticed them. I've been on a few other sites, but I think they're all dead and I don't know what usernames I had there anyway.

pinkypisces
Pink mule

Old 12-21-2017, 11:21 PM

Captkayd, kayd, the cheshire pisces.

Kory

Old 12-21-2017, 11:33 PM

Yeah, it's hard finding active avatar sites these days.
It seems like with Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc... People are finding less of a need for avatar sites. :(
That, or I guess the hype over them is over because people are more into pictures of food or pictures of celebrities or sharing what they did in a day.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2017, 11:36 PM

I like forums like this so much better though. I mean, most of the sites I got on are still active. Slow yes, but not molasses. I do miss Ernya and Syndrone though since they were the other two I really used. Lately It's been Zantarni since I was very active there many years ago.

Hi Pisces.

Kory

Old 12-21-2017, 11:46 PM

Hello Ches. :)

I agree, Kat. It's so much easier to make new friends on forums like these, though... It's hard to make new friends on Facebook when people only want to talk to you if you're in their circle. :s
Then on Twitter, there's just too many people, too many opinions and it's hard that people don't really sit and discuss things with each other anymore.

At least on forums like these, we can all talk about things we are interested in with each other and make new friends by joining different hangouts.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 12:07 AM

I never understood how and why sites like facebook can be used for finding new friends. That was never its intended purpose and if someone I don't know tries to friend me, they ain't getting it. Most of the current social media is more about keeping up with the friends you already have except like...tumblr, which I don't have.

And honestly, I'm addicted to doll-making. >.>

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 12:15 AM

I'm always hummy

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 12:22 AM

Are you on any other sites, Hummy?

Kory

Old 12-22-2017, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat Dakuu View Post
I never understood how and why sites like facebook can be used for finding new friends. That was never its intended purpose and if someone I don't know tries to friend me, they ain't getting it. Most of the current social media is more about keeping up with the friends you already have except like...tumblr, which I don't have.

And honestly, I'm addicted to doll-making. >.>
Yeah, that's true. :s
I have Tumblr, and I can't make friends there... Not because I don't want to, but because I don't create content and post it. I thought about posting my fanfics on Tumblr so I am not just reblogging things all day, but I don't have any fanfiction on this laptop.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2017, 01:33 AM

I'm only on three different avi sites currently. Here on mene, Roliana, and on Sapherna. Although I haven't really been active lately on Sapherna, mostly because I forgot my password and there seems to be a problem with their password reset email not sending.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 03:10 AM

Hey Kay.
I can't remember if I ever tried to join Roliana or not. There was a site or two I tried but wasn't able to. Saph does seem to have a couple technical problems of their own right now.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2017, 03:50 AM

We could use more people on Roli. Its been a lot slower nowadays. The site breakdown they had awhile back didn't help much either. They're still rebuilding features over there.

Ill have to try and see if I can remember my password for Sapherna.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 04:16 AM

I can't remember If I'm on any of those sites. Or if I had the same name. I think I was Mango mama on *forgets* and

Lovely Blackwidow on Gaia (probably deactivated I gave everything to my little sis)
Nephila on Kinsaki, Eryna, crysandria and Solia (probably a few other dead sites too)

Mama Mango on ... shit I actually forget where that is. O.o umm I haven't posted since I joined so that's probably why.

I do that a lot. Try out a site and then promptly go back home to Mene. I find all of the newer avatar sites really odd.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 04:34 AM

I just looked up Roli to look at the avis. I recognize them, but I think I just didn't like them when I was joining most of my sites. Some do look okay though.

Neph: I stay on other sites for rping and avis. If it's easy to lurk there and get currency for items, it makes a pretty good secondary site for me. XD I've actually posted on most sites I've joined though.

Kory

Old 12-22-2017, 04:47 AM

I am definitely going to have to check out these other places. :o
I've recently gone back to recolor.me, but I can't figure out how to navigate there, and I am embarrassed that my avi doesn't have very much clothes or anything cool at all.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 05:00 AM

lol I can't remember if it was Roli or Zantarni that I took one look at the avatars and went NOPE. Roli's faces have got a lot better than they used to be tbh.

A lot of side sites I've tried over the years died. >.<

Not in the "OMG only 10 people online are posting!" kind of way but in the very real "servers are gone forever." kind of way.

It's made me skittish towards joining any other places. So I've dug my feet down in this place. *IF* this site ever goes, and I don't think it will. My avatar site days go with it, and my comic will finally get the time it deserves. XD

I wonder how much I've spent across all the sites I donated to. *ponders* blah probably best not to think about that. It might make me upset with myself for being silly in buying pixels. XD but day pwetty tho!

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2017, 06:13 AM

Some of the Avis people come up with on Roli are quite awesome, and yeah, the faces are a lot better than they used to be.

ladydiana
Planet Rock

Old 12-22-2017, 07:35 AM

A new virtual site will be created soon by High fidelity Avatar Island. Hopefully that site will atract several hundred thousand to a million.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-22-2017, 03:37 PM

Ava: I would not recommend using recolor.me as a chatting site. They have a very strange set up though I do like their avis quite a bit. I've used the site a lot less for avi making though since I can't seem to do it on my computer. It only works properly on my tablet or phone.

Neph: I've dragged rp partners from other sites here because I was afraid of losing them and such. Besides Ernya though, most sites give a pretty good warning as to when they will be dying. Ernya was just....*huffs* That's all water under the bridge now though. I think from what I heard, a lot of the users from there went to Caedon.

Diana: High Fidelity Avatar Island? What is that?

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-22-2017, 03:45 PM

Yeah, would have been nice of ernya to have given users a little bit of a warning there. But, eh, its in the past. It really didn't bother me too much honestly. I went on a bit of a hiatus there for awhile, was going to try and be a bit more active there when they shut down.