EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-10-2014, 08:53 PM

OK, so I credit this one to Chexala, Post 39, she kind started this train of thought in my head.

Has Mene thought of making a Mene wiki? It could be a general guide/intro to Mene, I also had the thought that it could be presented as if Mene were an actual place! It could be a way to draw people in with the awesome characters on here, before they even check out the site.

Some things that could be included:

Menwshan history
NPC list/bios
List of past events and their EI's
List of CI's
Facts about Menewsha (some of the story/writing contests done in the past give some interesting facts, like that Mene has no electricity!)
Places in and around Menewsha
You could even try offering a section for members to add in their own mini pages within to write about themselves, for those who wish to do so, as a way of introducing members ahead of time too.

Just another idea that spring boarded in my head this morning when I thought about Chexala's post, if it's a viable option for Mene.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-11-2014, 04:38 AM

I think that's a fantastic idea, especially if it's free! All of us (users) can contribute to it and make it as detailed and complete and awesome as possible :) I'm not sure, but maybe having a wiki page can give us more exposure as well on the internet?

I found this while doing some internet searching...any idea what this is/was used for?
Wiki - Menewsha Avatar Community

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-12-2014, 05:44 PM

Oh wow! I didn't even know that existed!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-12-2014, 11:19 PM

I found it randomly after doing a quick Internet search, but I don't think it is updated. For example, I searched "Afrodonkey" and it told me there isn't a page for him. What's cool, though, is that it lists all the threads and/or posts that mention him. So, when we actually start working on a Wiki page (if it happens), we'll be able to comb through old threads and figure out what we can mention. :)

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-13-2014, 06:17 PM

That's awesome!

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-17-2014, 03:23 AM

@EirianHikari - Well, it was based off your idea, which was based off the idea Chexala had...

Great minds think alike. ;)

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-17-2014, 11:28 PM

That is very true!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 11-17-2014, 11:32 PM

I believe there WAS a menewsha wiki at some point, but it got removed because no one was using it?

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-18-2014, 06:56 PM

Could be, but with all the lore we've collected over the years, I bet a wiki would be great now! I it wouldn't have to cost anything ether if you use a free wiki making site. And since wiki's are usually editable by anyone who signs up to the wiki, if the staff was to busy to do it all themselves, maybe some of us could help out! It could be great for drawing new members in to Mene, as well as a great resource for new and old members at various contests and and anyone who writes Mene fan fic, to have all the lore and history in one easy, convenient place.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-24-2014, 03:40 AM

EirianHikari: Would you need permission from a mod or admin to make this Wiki site? I think it's a fantastic idea!

EirianHikari
MissSweetViolet

Penpal

Old 11-29-2014, 12:16 AM

That's what I'm not sure on, would probably have to pm and ask, or see if one responds here.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 11-29-2014, 10:22 PM

Okay, looking forward to this potential project!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 01-11-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvete View Post
I think that's a fantastic idea, especially if it's free! All of us (users) can contribute to it and make it as detailed and complete and awesome as possible :) I'm not sure, but maybe having a wiki page can give us more exposure as well on the internet?

I found this while doing some internet searching...any idea what this is/was used for?
Wiki - Menewsha Avatar Community
*horrible gasping excitement noise*
I did not know we had a site-based wiki!

Also, I have been slowly working on a wiki in my spare time, collecting information in Evernote and putting together rough drafts of pages. I also went ahead and started a wikia for Mene, but I didn't check with anyone about it first. There is nothing on it yet and I would take it down in a heartbeat if that staff asked, of course.

Now please excuse me while I go copy everything out of our lovely site-wiki.

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-11-2015, 09:16 PM

Oh that's awesome, Chexala. What is the website for your wiki page that you were creating?

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 01-11-2015, 11:25 PM

I'm reluctant to share the wikia, since I didn't get approval, didn't know about the site wiki, it being empty, etc. but it's located at menewsha.wikia.com There still a bunch I need to learn about wikia in order to make it nice, and of course I'm still collecting info and designing templates for different pages (NPC profiles, locations, item info, etc).

jellysundae: CK: what do you folks on staff think about a user-run wiki?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-12-2015, 12:35 AM

Is there any way we can connect Mene's wiki to the wiki you made? That way, every edit will be synchronized across both. I think it would be great to have a public wiki for Menewsha ^_^ because I think the one we have here isn't all that publicly accessible?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 01-12-2015, 01:11 AM

I don't personally have a problem with a user-run wikia page. I don't know if/when we'll ever get the "official" one going. And if/when we do, all that means is that the user-run one can have extra/more official information, right?

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 01-12-2015, 01:30 AM

That is awesome ^_^ Chexala, maybe you can set up a thread here on Menewsha with a form and such, so users can post about any edits, updates, and new pages :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-01-2015, 09:57 PM

Chexala: Swift response from me here! I'd have no problem with it either. :)

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-02-2015, 12:39 AM

Haha, jelly, no worries. I'm glad you guys don't mind. I'm still plugging away at this here and there, and when I have something with a bit of structure to share, I'll post about it in the CD.