Lilith W
bookworm

Old 08-05-2008, 12:22 AM

That is very pretty IndiGlo and yummy looking.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 12:23 AM

Horray for IndiGlo - our first entrant! :D I'll go add that to the front page momentarily! :3 But I have to say a few things first. XD

1) NUM that looks great and sounds excellent. X3
2) I have those plates too!!! I love them. :3
3) Germany! ::misses it:: ;___; Where did you visit? :3

IndiGlo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 AM

@ Lilith : Thank you ^ ^
It needs some slight tweeking but it's still really good. I wish we really could taste everyones entries...it would be EPIC.

@ CK : Thank you and whoa, same plates. That's weird....they aren't really mine, but my parents' but that is still pretty awesome.
I was in Kassel on an Exchange program though we visited Berlin, Frankfurt and Wurtsburg. I miss it too ; A;
Specially the weather, I came back from their nice 70's-80's to triple digits blehhh

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 12:35 AM

I was born in Frankfurt - but I don't remember it. XD; My family is military and has done two tours in Germany. ;_; I came home to the States at ten, so I'm 28 now and I haven't been in the age of a pop idol. :B

I actually saw the walls of Berlin before they were torn down (and was over in Germany when they were torn down), but hadn't actually been in there because of clearance issues. :B I've always been curious.

I can't recall ever having been to Wurtsburg, though. >_< I want to visit Germany again. Particularly the Black Forest area and Neuschwanstein. XD

Did you visit any particular sites or museums or do anything particularly "German"? ::curious:: :3

Witch
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-05-2008, 12:37 AM

IndiGlo,
your creation looks yummy and pretty! <3

teacupmouse
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-05-2008, 12:46 AM

IndiGlo, bravo! I love how it looks and your sauce placement is well done. I'm defiantly going to have to think about what to do for this contest. I want inspiration too!

IndiGlo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 AM

@ Ck : Oh man, there was alot....we were there for three weeks. In Berlin we visited all the usual touristy locations Alexander Platz, the Ka De We (HUGE mall), Brandenburg Gates, Checkpoint Charlie, a slew of churches (there were so many churches that the names elude me), and the Parliament building as well where we had to endure a looong boring speech.....in German. The lot of us consisting of only 2 or 3 years of German lessons. I felt soooo terrible that I almost drifted off (the whole head nodding thing) so that the rest of the time I kept pinching myself to stay awake - _-;;
We also got to stay in a youth hostel...which looked like an insane asylum, but it was cool.

In Kassel, there was a giant monument called the Hercules....with this long elaborate fountain going down the side of a hill. Every day at a certain time the water starts to flow and they call it water sport. You basically walk down the steps with the water. It was really pretty....but having to climb back up the sucker kind of killed it for me. There was also a house that was said to house Napoleon's brother. We also visited a palace visited by Ludwig.

Wurtsburg is wine country, surrounded on all sides by vineyards. We visited more churches, a fortress (more hill/step climbing here) and got to go into a wine cellar. With the giant wooden barrels of wine.

Oh yeah I also visited Koln
I visited a museum which was having a showing of impressionists art....since my host mother wanted to go. We also saw the giant church there But it was on the "no bomb" list during WW2, and believe me....it was BIG.

There was probably so much more we did, but it would take forever and a day to tell.

@ Witch : Thank ye kindly

@ TeaCupmouse : Thank you, I had a trusty old spoon and if I messed up I kind of tried to just smudge it away....as you can kind of tell xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 01:08 AM

Aaah! Some of those places I've either been to or they sound really familiar. :3 I think I may have photos of myself playing on the water-steps you're talking about... (If it's not that place because it wasn't built yet, then I know it was someplace like there anyway. XD)

You make me crave brochen and schnitzel and brautwurst and spicy mustard. :B And chocolate. Lots of chocolate. ::laughs::

IndiGlo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-05-2008, 01:21 AM

I miss everything about Germany, I had finally gotten used to all the walking too. xD
Well the Hercules is really old, like they were restoring part of it when we visited old.

Oh geez, the chocolate. Wait, scratch that, the food in general. I will trade Tex-Mex for German food in a heartbeat......they seem to enjoy Tex-Mex enough. Even though we had to improvise while making the food.....weighing measure is completely foreign to me and I was surprised that what I made was even edible xD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 01:45 AM

::laughs:: Yeah - they use kilos and what-not... I never quite figured out those sorts of measurements either, but thankfully all I ever used it for was buying bags of candy or chocolates. XD

But - agreed! I'd trade German food over Mexican or Tex-Mex too. :3 And probably French and most other types of food. XD (Italian's my favorite, and I like Asian food quite well, though... I might choose German food over some Asian dishes...)

But it probably was Hercules that we visited. XD I'd have to dig up the photos sometime to check!

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-05-2008, 04:22 AM

Mmm! That looks yummy IndiGlo. I wish I could taste it! XD

Happy belated, CK! How was your Birthday?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 04:44 AM

Thanks Eroy. :D It was pretty great. I'm not sure I've had as good a birthday in quite awhile. XD I went swimming and played Wii Fit and had one of my favorite dishes (an Italian dish - num! :heart: ) and cake and then won in the Quest Raffle. LOL. I cannot even remotely complain, even if I did wake up with a headache from a sugar hangover. XD;

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:56 AM

Awww, I just noticed this sticky. I think I'll try this for sure! That means I'll need to run to the store tomorrow and pick up some supplies and groceries. Should be fun. I have to babysit my siblings again since I don't work. I'll have them help me! ^____^

Duchess
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2008, 09:30 AM

I like your entry IndiGlo -omnomnoms on it-

caillen
*^_^*

Old 08-05-2008, 12:22 PM

Oh wow, delicious competition! I need to try and enter if I have the time. I love the first entry from Indiglo. Makes me hungry now ;o;

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-05-2008, 02:16 PM

CK ~ Lol, cake hangover eh? XD Well good, I'm glad you had a great birthday! Congrats on winning quest raffle! What'd you get?

Wii fit! :drool: I want that 'game' sooo badly. I'll have to wait until I can afford it though (and can find it :sweat:)

siaasgn
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 08-05-2008, 02:30 PM

I see the bar as been set high in this food contest :lol:

Now I have to re-think what I was pondering . . .

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Awww, I just noticed this sticky. I think I'll try this for sure! That means I'll need to run to the store tomorrow and pick up some supplies and groceries. Should be fun. I have to babysit my siblings again since I don't work. I'll have them help me! ^____^
Awesome! That should be loads of fun. :3 You might even have fun taking photos of the actual cooking process. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroy View Post
CK ~ Lol, cake hangover eh? XD Well good, I'm glad you had a great birthday! Congrats on winning quest raffle! What'd you get?

Wii fit! :drool: I want that 'game' sooo badly. I'll have to wait until I can afford it though (and can find it :sweat:)
XD Yeah - my dad applies frosting like cheapskates add water to soup. XD A heavy hand, him! I will make him ice cakes again in the future, my mom applies a thin layer. XD

And thank you! :heart: I got the Female Welcome set! (The tee-shirt and both balloons! I thought I'd never get them. D: But it was a 50/50 shot and the coin must have landed face up for me. :3 )

It was so much fun. :o I didn't really expect it to be, but it was. XD We used to have a Wii, so it would have been a matter of me finding the game - but my brother sold it to his friend, so now I have to go over to my other brother's house to play the Wii at all... which is why on Wii Fit I gave myself three months to lose the eight pounds it suggested I lose to get myself down to a more 'ideal' weight. XD

`Y U K I
Dead Account Holder

Old 08-05-2008, 08:28 PM

I love to cook ^-^

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-05-2008, 08:52 PM

I love our Wii. :hug: We just bought Mario Kart today.. we rented it a few weeks ago and had a blast! We're going over to Matt's cousin's house for his Aunt's birthday and they have a nice big plasma tv so he thought it would be a good time to buy it. XD

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Awesome, Yuki! I hope you cook something up for this contest, then. :3

EDIT:
Eroy - ooh that sounds like so much fun. ^___^ It's like cinema gaming. XD (I've gone to a gaming place in San Diego that had these huge televisions and console gaming... Super Smash Brothers is INCREDIBLY fun on a large screen. But this was old SSB, not the newest one. XD )

IndiGlo
⊙ω⊙

Hehe, I'm working on Peanut Butter Munch version 2.0.
Sans muesli, now with banana chips and coconut
:insane:
All this peanut butter is making me feel nauseous though.....blergh.
I might have to find another adhesive element for further entries....any ideas??

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM

It's in the oven now! -squee- So excited! :D

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 08-05-2008, 09:00 PM

Hmm....

Honey, sugar-icing, frosting, Nutella :heart:, marshmallow fluff.... I dunno - I think I must be craving sweets right now. ::laughs::

EDIT:
Yay, Jennifer! :D

IndiGlo
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 PM

Oh geez Nutella. Everyone was raving about it in Germany and I tried it while at the youth hostel....I wasn't too impressed. Something about it....I dunno, I have issues at times
xD