Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 08-12-2007, 09:07 PM

[thumbnail click it. D< ]

It's my first time using Photoshop [I used Photoshop 6.0] to color a picture I drew, and so I realize it doesn't look amazingly great in the aspect of color, and I'm trying to fix the right arm. >w<

So, any pointers, tips, etc, etc?

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-12-2007, 10:14 PM

hnnn...*observes*

Anatomy : need to pay attention on the joint of head, neck and body. neck is too far back.

Line : the line is shaky and fuzzy, unless that is the style, or you should make use of pen tool. It makes smooth curves. You are using mouse, right? Smooth line could be achieve using mouse without tablet, just that need more time and energy. Pen tool, path.

Colouring : Your style look soft, so I would suggest 3 layers of colours. Flat, shadow and Light. you have flat and shadow, but I don't really see light. Besides, shadows have shapes too, don't just slap a line on it and claim it done. XD

Mokibus
@w@
Send a message via AIM to Mokibus Send a message via MSN to Mokibus

Old 08-13-2007, 12:02 AM

Hmm. Xuvrette's a smart one; I'm going to section this off too.

Anatomy: The shoulders are a bit too square and pointy. Especially since this is of a woman, the shoulders would be more soft and less broad. Also, the right arm is a little too thin compared to the rest of the body, especially at the elbow. I believe the mouth is a little bit too far to the right as well. Don't forget the wrinkles and creases in the clothing as well!

Line art: When you do the line art, if you didn't already, try doing a rough sketch before you do the final line art. When you're doing the line art, zoom up on the sketch. That way you can have more accurate strokes. When I do line art, I do a lot of quick strokes and practically abusing the undo command. xD They tend to be less shaky that way. Oh, and you may find this useful. It tells you how to make the line art less blurry.

Shading: I'd make your shading a bit more evident, with more contrast. You could use highlights especially on the shirt, hair, and headband. On the hair, when you shade, use thin, long strokes. It gives it a more hairlike appearance.

Wow, that was lengthy. xD; Hope that helped. <3

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 AM

Um, I didn't draw it on Photoshop, I just scanned it and then I colored it. ^^;

chanelt
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-13-2007, 10:29 AM

The only tip I can give for photoshop coloring is practice and experiment! That's how I improved overtime ^^; It also helps if you look up tutorials and familiarize yourself with the photoshop tools. Good luck!

xuvrette
(づ。❤‿...

Old 08-13-2007, 11:58 AM

If you want nice lineart, you would have to either...

Ink it on paper, CLEAN.

Ink it digitally, smooth and clean! nice for CG. If you have tablet, BETTER!

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 08-13-2007, 09:31 PM

Thank you for the advice everyone. :3

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/7505/kris1cg3nz3.gif
There's the fixed up version. >w<
I'm still pretty new at CG coloring, so it looks a bit odd, I know. ^^; I have absolutely no idea how to shade, which is awful, I know. @w@;;

Caeluma
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-14-2007, 02:06 AM

cool! nice work!

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 08-14-2007, 08:23 PM

Thanks.

Equivalent Exchange
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-23-2007, 02:45 AM

The colors are a little... fuzzy? Undefined? I think the headband sort of bleeds into the hair.

Kris
BEATLEMANIA

Old 08-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunneechan
The colors are a little... fuzzy? Undefined? I think the headband sort of bleeds into the hair.
I noticed that after I finished it, and so I didn't know what to do about it. D:

kimu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to kimu Send a message via MSN to kimu

Old 08-24-2007, 03:45 AM

Try maybe drawing out a stick figure first like most people do when they need help on the atonomy. I do it all the time, but lately I can image the stick figure without drawing it, so if you practice around with that techinque, you can do that too.