bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-03-2010, 04:35 AM

This is an art challenge

HIATUS!

I want to challenge artists out there in the menewsha world to draw. You may interpret it as you wish and I give you full freedom. I wish to see your style expressed and your creativity. All styles accepted (including MAC's if you really wanted) and all mediums accepted (just post it in picture format online so i can see it... im not giving out my address so you can mail me a sculpture).

DO NOT draw my avatar. this is an art challenge and that will not be considered a valid entry as it does not count as being creative. you can take hints from my avatar to know what kind of styles i may like, but note that this is not a draw my avatar contest

I would also like to add that you should probably sign your work, although I will always place your name beside it, I do not want anyone stealing your works of art. Course... if you dont want to, you dont have to

First Prize receives 10,000gold
Second prize gets 1000 gold

there is one rule aside from the rules on mene, you are only allowed one submission per user. no exceptions.

edit: due to very little interest and lack of creativity on my part, this is going on hiatus until further notice.

thank you everyone for your wonderful art up until now. it was a slice.

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 12-22-2010 at 08:22 PM..

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 PM

RESERVED for contestants.
Contest 4: soon to come!

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 11-26-2010 at 01:54 AM..

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-03-2010, 01:50 PM

For the person who won, I feel their art best represented the inspirational side of the story. its not depressing or degrading, yet it is still fairly dark. I appreciated the creativity in the art and the style of the art as well. extremely well done. Congradulations sweet_serender159. you win!

For second place we have a tie. they both are wonderful pieces of art. i love the simplicity and the creativity of both. I love how darkly Demo represented freedom and the wings. incredibly fantastic and different. and i love the use of the background to display the wings in Romulox's, that she can walk away and no one will know, but she lives with the truth of her blood. its very good and creative. so you both win together. :) sorry i couldnt be more decisive.

&

Thank you to my other contestants, in no particular order:
jehneefur
Taviren
xLilNekox
mwahahaha
iirain
Jeanie
Kat Dakuu
wings of writing
XxEmber_MIstxX
Amaitae
Kah Hilzin-Ec

ROUND 2 WINNERS!

BLACKllASH

i really enjoyed the agony within the trunk and the beauty of the leaves. the contrast is wonderful. the black and white really punctuates that contrast as well. and overall i really enjoyed it and its creativity.

Nephila

i loved the structure of it and the space left for something else of my choosing, but i felt the bottom was too stereotypically tattoo like.

special thanks to Alaunt! our last minute contestant.

round three: no one! :(

Last edited by bloodstainedwings; 11-26-2010 at 01:54 AM..

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 03-03-2010, 09:23 PM

-Claims first post in this thread- Hiya Blood : D
I was roaming around the art contest forums when I found your thread ;D
So I thought why not liven it up <3

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-03-2010, 10:04 PM

he he, thanks Cookie! yeah i want to see people's art in here and i want to see what they do given very little direction. so i thought i would put out a challenge, think its a good idea?

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-04-2010, 01:08 AM

Oh my, why oh why does it have to be April 1st?! *most likely won't be able to participate* ;__;

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-04-2010, 01:15 AM

well i picked that so that i could have it for my birthday from everyone. but i can make it later if you would like.

it has now been extended to may first. i didnt realize that a month was not enough time. sorry.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-04-2010, 01:18 AM

Why hello there, bloodstainedwings. ;D

I think perhaps this thread would be a better fit for the Art Contests Forum. So i'll just move it along for you. :)

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 AM

It's not that a month is not enough time, it's that I'm going to be extremely busy this month :sweat: But hey, I think now I'll be able to participate! That if school doesn't drive me insane first... :insane:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-04-2010, 02:39 AM

@Captain Howdy: thank you, sorry it was in the wrong place.

@Kah Hilzin-Ec: well im glad. best of luck with school i know it can be hard sometimes.

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-04-2010, 03:26 AM

Yeah, I have to go back to my country, do all the projects and homework given to us for vacations (:roll:) and buy all the materials to start school again, which, oh my, happens to start in April 1st xD

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-04-2010, 03:40 AM

lol. well i extended the date, so you may participate if you wish. it also gives me more time to save up the reward money. lol

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-04-2010, 04:53 AM

Yeah, quite the moolah eh? :rofl:

Does it have to be digital, or can it be drawn by hand, or can it be a potato sculpture covered in ketchup...?

X---AznCo0ki3
(。´∀`)/ Pets...

Penpal

Old 03-04-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstainedwings View Post
he he, thanks Cookie! yeah i want to see people's art in here and i want to see what they do given very little direction. so i thought i would put out a challenge, think its a good idea?
-giggles- no problem : D
and yeah I think it's a great idea! I think I'm going to join this ^^
I'll have plenty of time to work on it during March Break! Till then...let us make this thread grow >D

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-04-2010, 01:16 PM

awesome. i would love to have as many artists as possible, im aiming for 10. i think its possible. anything more then 10 and i might have to increase the prize, and im not sure ill have the funds to do that. lol. but yeah, 10 is the goal. and im hoping they are really good too. we shall see. i gave as much freedom as possible while still giving enough direction for art to be made on. but really it comes down to interpretation, creativity and style. which is what im aiming to see. hopefully its not all anime style and hopefully each one is a different style or medium. that would be amazing.

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-04-2010, 02:19 PM

So... it can be a potato sculpture coloured with different sauces? :insane:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-04-2010, 02:28 PM

if that is what you want to do to express the name bloodstainedwings, then go for it. although i might want an explanation if it gets too abstract. but yes.

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-04-2010, 03:36 PM

I just wanted to know until what extent I can let the creativity flow xD I'm planning on eating the potatoes and use crayons and shoe polisher instead, though... :ninja:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-04-2010, 03:40 PM

you can be as creative as you can possibly be. it is 10,000 gold. so make something that you feel is worth 10,000 gold. i want to see your artistry and creativity. this is a challenge not a request. so really, you decide how far you want to go and what you want to use.

Mirana
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-06-2010, 06:50 AM

I might go for this.
Sounds interesting. :3

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-06-2010, 01:10 PM

sweet. all are welcome. good luck!

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-08-2010, 12:46 AM

so... apparently hardly anyone wants 10,000 gold. maybe its too small a prize? anyone have a suggestion?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-08-2010, 01:02 AM

I dun think its small. its way more than I've ever had at once for sure. but that's just me.

Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 03-08-2010, 01:05 AM

It's way more than the highest I've ever had too... :drool:

bloodstainedwings
"avagasm"

Old 03-08-2010, 01:12 AM

so you guys think its worth it then? ok well, then why arnt there a lot of people interested? i wanted about 10 people to get into it and i dont even have 5. i think its just you two and maybe Mirana and jeanie. but they are only maybe's.

maybe its too challenging? thats good though... so im not changing that.