Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-14-2011, 09:38 AM

Private RR Between myself and The Liztress.

For Liz:
Basic World Information:
Familiars or BITs are not common. They are possessed by a rare few. Not many know about them either.

Their creation comes from a sorceress and scientist. The scientist gave them the physical body, the sorceress gave them the soul. They would have been spread throughout the entire world... until the day they were both murdered. The creations they had were scattered to the wind.

Their re-collection, the history of them, and the insane manic who tried to destroy the world with them, is a story already told.

Familiars, beside having capabilities similar but more powerful then a computer, have one magical alignment. Every Familiar takes an animal form. The original BITs are based off mythical creatures. The ones created by the daughter, tend to be more common shaped.

There are currently three known BITs in existence.

Owner: Ayame
Familiar: Unknown
Ability: Gravity.

Owner: Asher
Familiar: Zephyr - Eastern Dragon
Ability: Wind

Owner: Tier
Familiar: Name Unknown - Phoenix
Ability: Paper

*skips off to start a post*

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 AM

Tony knew that when his uncle had passed away, his baby cousin was adopted (per his uncle's will) by a pair of teens.

It was strange thing all things considered, but given that Tony lived in another country, there wasn't much he could do about it without jumping through alot of legal loops and spending a fortune on it all.

The bright side to it, was that at least Asher had "siblings" the same age him. The down side to it, well how were a pair of teens the same age his baby cousin gonna be able to cope with it all? After all, raising yourself is no walk in the park. College proved that well.

Still, Asher was at the age where he should be able to take care of himself. Tony knows sixteen year old boys aren't the best at taking care of themselves, but hey, he survived after his parents death. Asher could do the same... right?

Then again Asher was ten when his father passed away. Even younger, then Tony who was seventeen when his did.

Tony bit his lip. It had been six years since he had seen his baby cousin and they were finally coming for a visit. He could finally afford to have them over, now that he was done with college and finally working a stable job.

He glanced at the clock, knowing it would still be a few more hours until they get there. Something about Asher, concert, and live performance? Tony didn't really remember, his concentration elsewhere. Mentally he was going over what little he knew about his baby cousins siblings, so that he didn't end up making a bad impression on it all.

The first was Ayame. Asher said she was some kind of genius, already juggling more then just a few degrees in various fields of sciences, computers, and technology.

The eldest, and the one who technically had legal guardianship over his baby cousin, was Tier. Apparently he was a businessman, who not only was successful but was rich enough to support all three of them comfortably. Nice to know his baby cousin wasn't starving out on the streets.

Glancing back at the clock one more time, Tony realized by the time Asher got here, it would time for dinner... and he didn't have enough food in the house. It was time to go shopping.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 01-15-2011, 01:01 AM

The trip to the local grocery store was as uneventful as always. People blended in with each other and the surroundings held no interest as Tony walked from the crowded parking lot to the front sliding doors of the building. The drive from his house allowed him to wonder what sort of foods his cousin and siblings would want.

It was one of the trivial things that had been bugging him. Did any of them have allergies to the basic ingredients like eggs, milk, or peanuts? Or was there a particular food that one would refuse to even look at? He shook his head as one of the loitering cashier handed him a flyer and shopping cart.

Tony made his way throughout the store, grabbing a different variety of foods but still trying to remain in his budget. Every few minutes, he would politely nod to the passing customers as he pushed the now halfway full cart to the front of the store to pay for the food.

As the cashier scanned the items and had another bagging them, he glanced at his watch. He had hoped to killed just enough time before the arrival of his guests and still be able to have the groceries put in their rightful spots. The excursion had only taken little over an hour.

Paying for the groceries, he trudged out of the store and back to his car to transfer the plastic bags from the cart to the trunk of the car. As he went to place the final bag in the car, his cell phone began to ring.

((Seito, I hope this is ok. After reading your post, I have to admit I'm a bit nervous. Your writing is really good.))

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-15-2011, 01:48 AM

((It's fine. :3 Perfect. Nah, I'm not that good. Lots of grammar mistakes now that I'm actually awake to see what I wrote last night half asleep. xD ))

Tony flipped open his cellphone and said, "Hello?"

"Konbanwa itoko-kun!"

Tony blinked and stared at his phone. What the hell was that? Did someone call the wrong number? "Daijoubu?" came the voice from the phone again. Then Tony heard another voice, female, speaking in English.

"Asher, we're America now. Switch to English unless your cousin happens to be fluent in Japanese."

"Oooo. Right. Tony? You there? It's Asher."

"Y-yeah," Tony stammered back. The little fact that because his cousin lived in Japan meant he spoke Japanese as his first language instead of English managed to slip his mind. That brought up new worries on how he was going to communicate with them but judging by the female voice (who was probably Ayame), it seemed that wouldn't be a real problem.

"Great! We're outside of your house!" his cousin chipper happily over the phone. "Gonna be back anytime soon? If not Ayame offered to pick the lock!"

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-15-2011, 02:41 AM

((Better than I think mine is. ^_^ ))

"Oh! I wasn't expecting you to have arrived so soon, Asher." Tony remarked hurriedly. His stomach tensed up, not at the remark about Ayame picking the lock to his house but rather the fact that he had no clue what sort of impression this would leave on them. Good hosts were supposed to be at home when their guests arrived. Not out shopping even if it was to feed said guests. "I'm just now getting ready to leave the grocery store. Give me... ten to fifteen minutes."

"Alright!" Asher's voice chirped through the phone. After exchanging goodbyes, Tony closed his phone and directed the now empty shopping cart towards another customer to use.

The temptation to speed back to his house was quickly extinguished when a police car pulled up to the lane on his right. A scowl crossed his lips but Tony knew it was better to just do the limit. If he was to be pulled over, who knew how much longer his cousin would have to wait outside?

His car pulled up to the house within the time he had given Asher. Tony had managed to open the trunk and grabbed a couple of bags when someone's arms wrapped around his chest.

"Tony! It's so good to see you!" Asher excitedly rejoiced, tightening his grip and causing his cousin to drop the bags back into the trunk.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-15-2011, 03:22 AM

((Nah. xD ))

Tony turned around to see his baby cousin practically glomping him. God, Asher grew alot in the last six years. Standing just a head shorter then him, Asher was still a scrawny teen. He had the family trademark green eyes.

A few feet away, sitting on the wall of Tony's yard, sat another pair of teens. The one closest him was a female with brown hair braided. Her reddish colored eyes glued to a DS screen. Leaning against her shoulder, black haired teen in a business suit. That must be Ayame and Tier respectively.

"I didn't make you guys wait long, did I?" Tony asked nervously, glancing at the clearly exhausted Tier.

"Nah." Asher followed his line of sight. "Oh, Tier? Ayame had to knock him out. He was still doing work as we boarded the plane."

"Knocked... him out?" Tony said faintly. He didn't want to think of how a genius could knock you out.

Asher chuckled. "Yeah. If we don't do it, and then hide his work, he'll spend all his time working on his next business plan. He's such a workaholic. How he manages this and going back to school, I don't know."

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-15-2011, 03:51 AM

Tony just nodded as he took in the sight. These were teenagers, who should have been doing more... normal teenage things. Like dating or partying with friends. But neither gave the impression of being normal. He felt his legs taking over and found himself standing in front of the two.

"Pleasure to meet you." He spoke as formally as he could. First impression was key, he told himself. The girl glanced up from her DS and he felt a chill run down his spine.

"Nice to meet you as well." Ayame replied, her eyes scanning him over and then heading back to the source of entertainment in her hands. Tier, who had straightened himself up slightly, offered a halfway smile as he extended his hand. Tony shook his hand and noticed that, for such a young man, Tier had a firm handshake.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-15-2011, 06:02 AM

Tier then turned and snatched the DS out of Ayame's hand. He poked on on the forehead and instructed, "Be nice."

Ayame scowled. "I am being nice!" she said, trying to reach back for the DS.

"Don't mind Ayame. Being on planes makes her restless, so she's always a bit grumpy whenever she gets off of one," Asher commented dryly. He caught the DS as it came flying at him. "Ayame, what have we said about throwing things?"

Asher tossed the DS back to Tier who pocketed it into the inside pocket of his suit. "Ganging up on me," Ayame whined, sulking that her only source of entertainment was taken from her.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 PM

Tony tried his hardest to stifle the laughter bubbling inside but a chuckle escaped his mouth. Ayame turned her attention to him and the pink tip of her tongue protruded past her lips.

"Ayame." Tier scolded sternly. The brunette let out an exaggerated sigh as she continued to sulk. Tony had just remembered that the groceries were still in the trunk of the car. He couldn't have the three guests standing outside much longer nor have the food go bad.

"Here, it's the key with the green tip." Tony remarked as he tossed the set of keys to Asher. His green eyes sparkled with delight as he hopped over to the front door and unlocked it. Ayame had inched her way closer to the house before Tier suggested that the two of them help Tony bring the food into the house.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 AM

Once everyone was inside and settled, Tony turned to Asher and asked, "Wanna help me make dinner?"

Asher gave a swift nod and practically skipped off to the kitchen while Ayame whom managed to snatch her DS back, settled onto the couch and Tier next to her commanding the TV.

"So, how have you been, little cousin?" Tony asked, trying to start a conversation. Even before Asher's father's death, Tony and Asher were never very close. It was the downside to living in two completely different countries. After all it wasn't exactly cheap to travel back and forth. They had met a handful of times for family funerals, the rare Christmas holidays and whenever one side could scrap together enough money. But Tony was determined to not lose the last reminding connection of his family. If Asher was here, Tony would make his best effort to try and get to know his cousin.

Asher gave him a wryly grin. "Before that, you do know that you don't have to go out of your way to impress Tier and Ayame right?"

"That obvious huh?"

Asher laughed. "Well not really. It's just the reaction most people have when they discover they're meeting Tier and Ayame for the first time. Most don't realize that with Ayame's skills, she's already discovered everything she needs to know about a person before she meets them. Trust me, if there was anything to hint that you were a terrible person, they wouldn't even be here. Actually if you a terrible person I doubt they would have let me come by myself like how I originally intended. The only thing you have to worry about is not screwing with their expectations."

Tony resisted the urge to groan. First impressions were bad enough, expectations were bad enough. "Are they high expectations?" he questioned.

"Ayame's? No not really. She'll know by the time dinner ends if she hates you, tolerates you, or likes you. For the record you're shooting for tolerating, which is easy to do as long as you don't go out of your way to utterly annoy her. For the record, getting her to like you requires much more time and effort then you have as Tier and I are currently the only people on that list. So for Ayame, it's easy," Asher explained.

"Tier on the other hand is very hard to please. He's a hard person to read. Oh sure he'll give half smiles and a frown here and there, but most of the time it's like trying to read a wall. Ayame can tell from his body language, I usually just make an educated guess."

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-18-2011, 04:32 AM

Tony let out a soft sigh as he took a pack of chicken from the refrigerator and asked Asher to go to the pantry and grab the bag of rice from the top shelf. It comforted him some that Ayame would be somewhat easy to make sure she tolerated him. But it didn't lessen the anxiety that he had for making sure not to screw up with Tier.

"Think that I'll do ok?" Tony had to ask, washing off the chicken and being thankful that neither Ayame or Tier was in the same room to notice that he was panicking slightly. Asher glanced over from the pantry with a grin.

"I'm sure you will." He answered, smiling as he brought the bag of rice over to the counter where Tony was prepping the chicken to be pan-fried. "Just be yourself and don't mess with Ayame's DS." They continued to talk some about how Tony was doing and the sort of things Asher enjoyed about Japan. Soon, it was time to serve the chicken stir fry that the boys had made.

"Well, it looks edible." Ayame remarked, poking at the food with her fork. Tier gently yet firmly gave her shoulder a tap as he sat down beside her. Tony had been surprised to see that the DS that she was so attached to wasn't placed next to her.

"It's really good, Tony." Asher commented after taking his first bite. Their host had made sure that their plates had been made and drinks served before preparing his. Sitting down next to Asher, Tony glanced as Ayame, whom was nibbling on a piece of the chicken, and Tier, whose mouth was blowing softly on the food on his fork in an attempt to cool it.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 AM

Dinner carried on with lots of laughter and teasing. It was just as Tony was beginning to relax when suddenly the conversation came to quick halt. He looked around to see a very serious expression on all three of his guests face. "Is something wrong?" Tony asked.

Ayame stared at him for a moment before replying, "For what it's worth, we apologize in advance."

"W-what?"

"Oh. And we'll pay for the damages."

BOOM!

A giant fireball came crashing into the dinning room.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-20-2011, 12:10 AM

The sudden impact of the fireball had caused Tony to fly backwards out of his chair and right into a glass curio cabinet. Luckily, he was only sporting minor cuts. Asher cast a glance at his cousin who was trying to stand up.

"Tony, are you ok?" The boy asked, concern and guilt laced his words. If he had known this was going to happen, he wouldn't have come here. Now there was a huge chance of his cousin getting hurt and Asher didn't like the feeling that dwelled in the pit of his stomach.

"Minor cuts, Asher. Nothing to be concerned with." Ayame replied, her focus solely on the flaming sphere that was destroying the house.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 AM

"Well minor us, not for Tony," Asher shot back, sarcasm dripping. He had already broken out the first aid kit from his pouch and wrapping Tony's cuts.

"I'm fine," Tony reassured his cousin. "Where did that fireball come from?" he asked. Tony was trying hard not to freak out over what was happening. It wasn't everyday that a fireball came crashing through your dinning room. In fact it wasn't common to see magic at all.

In this day and age, Magic was a dying art form. Few people could use it, even fewer could master it. Sure there were still plenty of machines and relics that could give a person magical abilities, but very few people could actually perform the spells without any other help.

"See anyone Tier?" Ayame called out.

"Hm. There are two of them."

Ayame looked back at Asher. "Why don't you get Tony out of here, Asher before he becomes a target. We'll take of this. Let's meet up safe house okay?"

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-23-2011, 05:10 AM

Asher nodded as he allowed Tony to use his body as a crutch. His green eyes filled with a swirl of emotions that Tony could only imagine what they were. Both slowly made their way out the back door and towards Tony's car. "I'll drive us there. You got the keys on you, right?" He asked his injured cousin as they neared the car. Tony's hand slid into the front right pocket of his pants and pulled out the set of keys.

"You're lucky that I'm very obsessed with making sure to have them on me at all times." Tony remarked wryly. Asher opened the passenger door and Tony scooted in, wincing slightly as he turned the wrong way. Slamming the door shut, he dashed to the outside of the car. Starting the engine and putting the car in reverse, both had enough time to glance back at the smoldering house as yet another fireball plummeted into it.

"You'll be fine at the safe house, I promise." The sixteen year old boy commented as they sped away. He know that Tier and Ayame would be fine but it still bothered him that they were being targeted so far from home. Tony nodded dumbly as he stared at the passenger side mirror at the billowing piles of smoke filling the sky.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-24-2011, 12:37 AM

"So what do you think, Tier?" Ayame asked, stepping over the burning debris to stand next to her partner.

Tier brushed off some ash from the sleeve of his white jacket. "I'm more annoyed that they're still popping up even now."

Ayame nodded, taking a side step to the left as a fireball went flying towards spot where she was originally standing. "It seems we didn't caught all the little bugs," she agreed. Pausing for a moment, "And I suppose we'll have to explain all of this to Tony later on."

Tier scowled. "I told you something was going to happen if we came. It would have been easier if we had just stayed home."

Ayame shrugged. "They would have found out about Tony's existence eventually. I didn't exactly wipe his records from existence when I did Asher's. Back then there wasn't a need to."

A few feet away from them, two people appeared, the flames hiding their appearance. "Saa~," Ayame said. "I suppose we should make this quick."

Then she disappeared in an blink of a eye.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-24-2011, 01:51 AM

The drive continued on for close to an hour and Tony was beginning to feel the effects of what had happened at his house. His weary eyelids hid his green eyes from everything around him and sleep took over. Asher glanced over at his cousin and smiled slightly when the low sounds of snoring escaped the drowsy passenger's lips. The safe house was still a good ways away and he knew that Tony would be wanting to know just what was going on.

As the darkness encompassed Tony and he relaxed in its comfort, images of the flames and the crackling of his furniture flooded his senses. He struggled to escape but every way he turned was blocked off by fire. His eyes flew open as a fireball had aimed straight for him, causing his to jerk upwards. The seat belt allowed some leniency before tightening up.

"You alright?" Asher asked, his eyes remaining on the road ahead of them. Tony nodded before taking the time to observe their location. It was thickly wooded and judging by the roughness of the ride, the car was on a dirt path. "Almost there. You were out for maybe... two hours. Not too sure."

"Where are we?" Tony croaked, his left hand raising up to his throat. Licking his lips, he looked at the console between the driver's seat and his own. Sitting in the cup holder was a bottle of water. He greedily grabbed the bottle and twisted the top off. The cool refreshing liquid quenched not only his thirst but also moisturized his parched throat.

"I got that at the last gas station we passed." The boy behind the wheel answered, a smile emerging on his face. "Your car is bad on gas, you know."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-24-2011, 03:16 AM

Two bodies fell to the ground with a thud.

"Mada, Mada~," Ayame said with a sigh. "How troublesome." She wiped her hands on a cloth, staining it a bright red. The fire behind her was starting to grow bigger and she could hear the roar of sirens in the distances.

"How shall we take care of this?" she asked to Tier. Like usual, there wasn't a speck of dirt or blood on him.

Glancing in the direction of sirens, Tier shrugged. "I'm in no mood to explain to them what happened. Let's get out of here. They'll clean up the mess."

Ayame smirked. "They always do."

The sound of ruffling papers filled the air. "Let's go," Tier said.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-24-2011, 03:39 AM

'We're here!" Asher exclaimed as the car pulled into the gravel driveway of a somewhat small log cabin. Tony groaned as he stepped out of the now idle vehicle. The engine died and his cousin hopped out, tossing Tony the car keys. The suddenness of this caused him to fumble with his hands that keys landed on the ground in front of him.

"You still didn't tell me where here is, Asher." Tony remarked grouchily. The teenager just offered a huge grin as he led Tony into the cabin. On the outside, it seemed tiny and rustic. But once they entered through the door, Tony's green eyes shimmered with a sense of awe. The cabin's interior was the polar opposite of rustic. It seemed slightly futuristic. The kitchen appliances were chrome and the furniture was made of the softest fabrics. His body became encased in the fluffy recliner and a sigh of content wiggled past his lips.

"I'm not exactly sure myself what town we are in. But the land is privately owned and Tier has the most up-to-date security systems installed." Asher answered as he raided the refrigerator for a snack and cold drink.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 AM

"Then again, Ayame didn't believe it was up to date enough, and added her own touches to the system," Asher added with a touch of amusement in his voice. He touched a screen that was on the counter and armed the system.

After he finished his snack, Asher turned and put the teapot on the stove knowing full well that by the time Ayame and Tier arrived all they would want is a good cup of green tea. After all nothing hits the spot better then green tea.

-----

"Find anything?"

Ayame looked up from her computer screen. "No. All activity has been quiet in the usual spots. That means either they finally figured out that I'm spying on them or they found a new spot."

"Or it's a new group," Tier added.

Silence hung in the air. Finally, Ayame said, "I rather it be a new group. I have enough nightmares from the old one."

"Ah. We all do."

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-24-2011, 04:55 AM

"My house..." Tony bemoaned as he had the chance to soak in what had happened. Asher sat down next to his cousin as the tea brewed. Giving him a pat on the leg, the boy could only offer a halfhearted smile.

"It's best for Tier and Ayame to explain it." He finally spoke, his eyes locking with Tony's. It wasn't that he couldn't explain it. It's just that both of them were better at explaining it. Didn't hurt that out of the three, they had more knowledge about the situation. Tony nodded and broke free from his stare. The teapot began whistling, shattering the silence in the cabin. With an 'oomph', the teenager stood up and darted to the kitchen to turn the stove off.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-24-2011, 05:13 AM

"I really hope that's tea."

Tony jumped out of his seat at the sound of the new voice. He turned around and to his surprise, behind stood Ayame and Tier. "W-when did you two get here?" Tony said, shocked.

Ayame stared back at him, her expression asking 'Really?' Finally she said, "Just now."

Tier had walked past her and into the kitchen.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-27-2011, 02:24 AM

Pouring both a cup of the steamy hot tea, Tier handed the white ceramic teacup to Ayame whom nodded her thanks. Sitting down, they blew on the tea in hopes of cooling it off before taking that first sip. "We left before the police and firefighters could arrive but your house is beyond repair." He spoke calmly to Tony, who had gone back to sitting in the chair. "Once your insurance sends you the bill or whatever it is that they need to do, please allow me to take care of it." Tony only nodded, his face downcast as he thought of the trinkets and personal items that were destroyed. All the photos that can never be replaced.

"So will you tell me just what is going on?" He asked, shifting his gaze towards the three people sitting around him. It was obvious that some form of magic was involved but Tony's mind couldn't wrap itself around the notion of magic being real. There had to be a logical reason. Maybe some fighter jet or something. Another thought nagged at him: Just how was his cousin connected to... this?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 AM

"That's a wonderful question," Ayame exclaimed... perhaps a little too cheerfully.

Across from her, Asher groaned. "It's never a good thing when you used that tone of voice Ayame. Never."

Ayame flashed a innocent grin. "Well, that's true. But in all seriousness, I have no clue who is targeting Tony."

To those words, Tier looked up from his cup of tea and stared at sole female of the group. "They were after Tony?" he questioned. That was a new twist in the development.

Ayame shrugged. "It's quite hard to say. They were surprised to see me though, which says quite a bit."

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 01-30-2011, 02:01 AM

Tony just sat there and listened. Everything that was happening... It was because someone was after him. "What's so special about me?" He asked aloud though the question was to be reserved for his mind alone. Realizing that the words had left his lips, a faint pink dusted his cheeks. "Sorry, I'm just trying to figure this all out. First, my house is destroyed by fireballs. Then I learn that I just might be the target of... whoever."

"It's understandable, Tony." Asher replied, patting his cousin on the leg. He glanced over at his guardians in hopes that they would know what to say. But both had looked just as uncomfortable as he did. He knew it had to be related to the lack of information they had about the attack. And possibly the fact that Tony was now in trouble. "Look at it this way... Your insurance should pay for it all and you won't have to worry about another house payment."

With that, the three around him groaned. He shrugged his shoulders as if to say that he was at least trying.