charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-21-2007, 04:28 PM

Weeeeeeeell, your prompt kind of required turning Edna on Ricardo, since he was supposed to walk in on McManus and her being intimate. Unless, I suppose, McManus was forcing her...which would just make me want to kill the bastard more. :evil:

Hehe, I rewatched a few cutscenes from FtNW last night and I'd totally forgotten how much of a spaz Johnny could be. I love how in the introduction scene he goes from confused ("how did I get back here?") to overly curious (Johnny, accusing people of having connections to monsters after they saved your hide is not the brightest idea :lol:) to really...just...well, pissy ("I happen to be a detective you know") and then he freaks out.

Alice Elliot
*^_^*

Old 10-21-2007, 04:34 PM

He's such a boy. :lol:
Easily distracted too. :twisted:

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-21-2007, 05:11 PM

oh yes. He chooses the worst time to notice Shania's got breasts, too. :lol:

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-26-2007, 09:29 PM

Yeah, there needs to be more Shadow Hearts fans. I guess I could have helped contribute to the love for Shadow Hearts in this thread, but I kind of disappeared off of Mene. >>;

Oops. XD Well now that that has changed, I'm here again.

I've been tempted to do more Shadow Hearts fanart, or even something from Koudelka. THe problem is, I don't want to do any of the characters (except Maggie, or Alice and Yuri together lol). I want to draw creatures and stuff...and those stupid masks! I don't know what my silly fascination with those masks is, but they're far more interesting and a pain to draw too.

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-26-2007, 09:38 PM

I think it'd be fun to draw Tindalos. It'd be pretty freaky, too, since he's a rotting dog and all...

Now that I think about it, I'm kind of surprised no one's bothered drawing monsters. I think the only enemies that get drawn are human bosses.

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 PM

I've drawn the masks twice! And Atman once, but he was kind of hard.

I think drawing Tindalos would be a lot like trying to draw Jeb Niglos or whatever that creature was in Shadow Hearts: From the New World. That creature freaked me out! I kind of like that SH: FtNW had some wicked enemy designs, because Covenant didn't have anything that really freaked me out (a few, but not as many as the first game and Koudelka did).

We can talk about Koudelka here, too, right? Since it IS the prequel to Shadow Hearts. >>;

I know you'd say yes, I just don't want to hear someone think it's some other game. -_-;

I like freaky enemies. I don't see many smaller bosses drawn. Perhaps once I finish my list of things I need to draw/want to draw, I can do some enemies from Shadow Hearts.

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-26-2007, 10:48 PM

I could try drawing it...I don't think it would turn out well though. :lol:

And yep, Koudelka is most definitely welcome here. Thanks for reminding me, I just added an update to the first post about it.

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-26-2007, 10:59 PM

From Koudelka, I'd definitely want to draw some of the enemies. I am too stuck on the masks in the first Shadow HEarts though, besides the characters, to draw any other enemies or bosses.

Hmm...it's something I'm going to have to think on. Plus I'd need screenshots of some of the enemies. XD

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-26-2007, 11:14 PM

well, you can easily find screenshots for the first two at maskrider's site...not so sure about the third game, or Koudelka.

Actually, I do remember seeing scans for Koudelka's monsters somewhere, but I don't remember how high-quality they were.

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-26-2007, 11:22 PM

Yeah I thought of maskrider's site, and I could swear I have some screenshots from Koudelka. When I replay it, I should learn to work my capture card first, then I could take billions anyway, but I think I already have a few.

It's the third game's monsters I'm not so sure about. >>;

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-26-2007, 11:47 PM

Yeah. I have a save file for Purgatory, so I can check snaps for any monster (except maybe Envious Jealousy, not sure about him), but I don't know how people grab screen shots or videos or I'd be doing it all the time. :lol:

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-27-2007, 12:03 AM

It's called a capture card. It's a device you have for your computer, but I'm not sure how it works. I bought mine for about $32 so they're not that expensive, I just don't know how to use it yet. I haven't read up on it. I'm not good at reading instructions and then turning around and using things. I can do it, but I just prefer to be shown how, rather than read how.

That's probably really lazy of me! XD

It won't get anything off of your computer though. I bought it for that, Naru told me that's what it was for, so I bought one, and then I hear from Naru it doesn't work if the game is on the computer. >>; Grahhh!!! D:<

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-27-2007, 12:12 AM

Does it depend what kind of TV you're using though? 'cause mine's just a little dinky one...I mean, it's good for what I use it for, it's just nothing fancy.

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-27-2007, 12:28 AM

I don't think it makes a difference, but like I said, I don't even know how to use mine. D: I kept thinking it worked a bit like a recorder does, but I can't be certain. >>;

I really should look into it. Since I own a capture card and all. I ought to play around with mine. >.<

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-27-2007, 12:40 AM

Hmm...maybe I should check out my bank balance, then get one. Maaaaaaybe. I'd have to ask about it first.

...Then again, this year just seems like it's been big for buying stuff. First I got my laptop, now a tablet, next a capture card? @.@

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2007, 05:33 PM

Well with a capture card, you could record all sorts of things from games, including Shadow Hearts and Koudelka. Though that's not terribly significant, it's still something...

I mean, it's up to you. It's not as expensive as a laptop or anything. But make sure if you get one, since you have a laptop you'll need one that plugs into your USB port.

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-31-2007, 05:59 PM

Yeah, that's a good point. I haven't yet gone looking...I might check the campus computer store, though I doubt they'd have it--but Best Buy should, right?

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2007, 07:15 PM

I don't know if Best Buy would have them. I've never really gone computer shopping at Best Buy. They're actually quite common, at least from what I can tell, at computer stores. I don't see why the campus computer store wouldn't have them. Just as a clerk? If they don't have it, I might call Best Buy and ask their computer department.

I got mine at a computer store, not Best Buy, so I wouldn't actually know.

I'd like to learn how to use mine, but I don't have a USB one. I have one built into the computer. I want to be able to record some stuff from Koudelka, Magna Carta, and a few other games where you can re-watch scenes from a trailer. I love the Shadow Hearts games, or rather the second and third one, for the trailer option. And they do just normal cutscenes, not just the really fancy ones like Final Fantasy X had to do...show offs. I hate Square sometimes. XD

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 10-31-2007, 09:42 PM

Hmmmm...I don't really mind FFX having eye candy FMVs...'cause I like those XD...

But I find the theater option in FFX fairly pointless. Some of the moments as you're progressing in the game are a big deal so they get an FMV, but then when you look back over all the game, they weren't really that important, and there are more crucial turning points, emotionally and storywise, that were in normal cutscenes that are left out since they're not in eye-candy format. Bah! So I like Covenant and FtNW's theater better because you get just about every scene that was crucial either to the plot or a character's development.

A least...that's how I see it. XD;;

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 PM

Well I love the eyecandy too, but I still think the last two Shadow Hearts had better theatre options! Because I can sit there and watch most of those and see crucial things at least, without having to replay the entire thing. The only disadvantage with that is that I can't actually see the scenes where there is just text and either talking over the text, or no voices at all...

D: It's only cutscenes.

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 AM

I agreed that they had better theater options. :lol:

To me, I don't really care that they don't have regular conversations--they're usually not essential, and it'd probably be too much programming to just let the player select any point of the game to revisit.

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2007, 02:43 AM

I'm listening to Shadow Hearts OST. 8) I love this music, and I thought it would be decent for Halloween.

I was going to play Koudelka and DDR but I didn't even have close to enough time. Not one trick or treater dared this evening at any doors...I swear. XD

I carved a pumpkin though!

What do you mean? I think I'm just confused a lot this evening. I meant that the only disadvantage to wanting to doublecheck something that you can't do in theatre mode is the text convos. I mean, that's not a bad thing, I'm just saying that you'd have to replay a lot of the game to get some of it. o.O

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-01-2007, 03:56 AM

What'd you carve in the pumpkin?

Oh, I just meant the reason they probably don't do that is because it'd require a lot of reprogramming, most likely. I don't really mind it not being there, since cutscenes usually cover most of the essentials...although there are some times when I really want to be able to see the text-only parts again.

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 11-01-2007, 05:11 PM

I just carved a dorky face, but it was still kind of neat. My pumpkin was lopsided, I thought it turned out well! ^_^ I might have to take a picture...haha.

Well yeah that would take a lot of programming. I understand that. I'm just stating that you can pretty much get most of the main story when you watch the theatres in the SHadow HEarts games. I don't mind either, I'm just saying that there are important parts of the game in there that you would miss out on, since they're in text. ^^; I don't know if I'm making any sense. XD Basically we're at agreement lol!

charis_mae
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-01-2007, 05:51 PM

Yep. :rofl:

You know what I kind of missed in FtNW? Alternate outfits. I mean, in one way it's a good thing since alternate outfits tend to be skimpier than the regular one and I'm a little worried of what they would have thought up for Shania :lol:, but on the other hand, it's always fun to be able to tweak appearances. ...also, being able to make Mao a jet-black cat would be kinda fun. :D

I'd also like to see individual equipment being displayed on the character. It just seems like it'd be fun. You could have the character wandering around town in their "normal" outfit, and then when they're traveling or fighting you get to see their gear! :D