View Poll Results: Sound good?
Yes! 9 81.82%
Not for me. 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 04-28-2008, 12:46 AM

"I see." Cenedra finished scribbling into the file and handed it to the politician. "Cenedra. And you are?" She hadn't seen him before, at least maybe she didn't remember. Then again she spent most of her time in the labs and her room than the outside.

Last edited by Cows Go Moo; 04-28-2008 at 12:49 AM..

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 AM

He tucked the file neatly under his arm and smiled weakly. "I'm Linton Connor. Pleased to meet you, Cenedra. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some unattended business with unconsciousness."

Whether he willingly fell into unconsciousness or not, he would never know. Things were finally going his way.

(( I had typed up this whole thing about him getting back, etc, etc- but I pressed back on accident, and it's gone. [Insert bitter crying here.] So that's a short, modified version. ))

Cows Go Moo

Old 04-28-2008, 01:18 AM

Cenedra nodded with a fake smile. "Charmed." She went back to the lab, hoping that her quote wouldn't be taken out of context. In any case, she would find a way out. She lifted her mask back on and took out one of the test tubes full of blood over to a testing area with another holding case that had a green solution in a smaller vial. The solution had been taken from one of the victim's blood samples and duplicated.

((Oh, ._.))

cyanidecookie
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to cyanidecookie

Old 04-29-2008, 03:31 AM

Jack sighed and ran her grease-covered hands through her hair. She had been working all day, and was ready for a cigarette. She finished up the thing she was working on, and stepped out to the break area, lighting up a cigarette as soon as she walked in. She drew in a deep breath, letting it out slowly, savoring the smoke.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-29-2008, 05:39 PM

Vivica stopped outside her Chief's door and let out a small nervous breath, her hands smoothing down her clothes out of habit. Licking her lips she knocked on the door, the deep rumbling sound of her commanding officer eminating through the door. "Enter." She opened the door, peering in before entering. She stood at attention and saluted, receiving one in return from the burly dark skinned man before her. "At ease, 45223." She placed her hands behind her back and gave a small nod. "Yes sir."

Commander in Chief Jacobs was an impressive man, one full to the brim of good manners and well meant intent. Vivica had always idolised him, hoping to one day be in his shoes. He paced around his desk in a tight circle, and she could see the tightness around his eyes. The silence grew and was stretched out so thinly she thought it would snap at any minute.

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 05-01-2008, 05:35 AM

Jack woke in her personal chambers with a start. She had been dreaming again, but as usually, couldn't remember anything about. She sat up in her bed, and lit a cigarette. Once she finished it, she began her rigorous morning work-out. After about an hour and a half of this, she took a brief shower and dressed quickly, heading from her chamber to the mess hall for breakfast.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-01-2008, 12:28 PM

The silence had grown so much that Vivica began to feel nervous, watching her chief pacing over and over again. "Sir, is there something wrong?" Her voice was quiet, unsure, in the silence. Jacobs stopped his pacing and glanced at her before looking out of the window. He sighed, his heavy shoulders drooping with the whoosh of breath that left his big chest. "I hear you went to the medical quarter yesterday. What for?" She gave a small frown, but answered just the same. "I was requested by one of the doctors, she needed some information."

Jacobs turned to face her, blocking out most of the window with his wide frame. His dark features fell into a frown as he looked down at the small woman. "Infromation about what?" His rumbling voice asked. Giving a small shrug she answered. "About the virus going around. The one I wasn't informed about." She let a little anger show on her face then, knowing in that moment that he knew. His face softened, looking a little defeated. "I thought as much. Listen Payne this is something I have no control over, just know that I wanted a press release to go out the minute that you and your unit came back from that mission. I knew this would all go to Hell."

Her face had settled into tight angry lines as she listened, it wasn't him she was angry at just the situation. "Then why didn't it happen Sir? Why didn't the government or the council make that statement? Lives could have been saved!" She exclaimed, taking in a deep breath to calm herself. The Chief nodded, sitting down in his chair and tangling his fingers together. "I'm not quite sure about that yet, but I'm certainly planning on finding out." She grew eager then and stepped up to the desk, putting her hands down on it. "When? I want to be there when you find out." Jacobs chuckled and shook his clean shaven head. "No way Payne, you'll just cause trouble." He cut her off as she began to reply. "But, I will want you to help out soon enough. This thing is going to blow up in our faces, and no doubt it'll be the Military that will have to clean it up. I want you and your best team to be our go-to gang." Vivica stood up straight again and gave a nod. "Yes sir."

"Good." He gave her a small smile which was soon chased away by the gentle traces of worry. "I heard you also had some tests done. What was the verdict?" Panic riddled her veins as she fought to control her face, eventually winning the battle. "I don't know Sir, I won't have the results for a few days." He nodded, that answer seeming to please him. "Well I hope they're clean 45223, you're a good soldier. You're dismissed." She nodded and gave a salute, leaving his office as soon as he returned it.

She walked as quickly as she could out of his chambers, her heart beating frantically. As soon as she was out and into the recreational gardens she let out a big breath, her chest aching from worry. She sat down on one of the benches and watched the water feature infront of her, wondering what was going to happen. Frowning gently she rubbed her chest, feeling the ache still there. Stress really was a killer.

((Gah! Long post. I thought I'd get the whole Chief bit out of the way in one, otherwise I'll be RPing with myself for ages XD))

Cows Go Moo

Old 05-07-2008, 09:12 PM

Cenedra gingerly held the test tubes, carefully placing them in holders, before walking and getting a petri dish. She came back with a sterile dish, hoping that it would be all that she needed. She took samples of both liquids, squirting them onto the dish and mixing them together. The reaction of the two would determine whether or not the commander had the virus.She placed the dish carefully under the microscope, making sure not to spill a drop of the mixed blood.

She then took off her glasses, sticking her head into the lenses and seeing what the liquid would do. There was no immediate reaction, though she didn't expect there to be. Those that had the virus wouldn't have much of a reaction with the extracted liquid, but the virus itself would multiply as it mixed; however, those whose blood did not have the virus would have a strong reaction where the blood would become infected. If she was infected it would just be another statistic and another chance for cure, if not then she was just a another soldier who knew. She kept watching the green almost greasy looking liquid as it and the blood seemed to start mixing in a sort of dance.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 PM

Vivica ran her hands through her hair nervously, her foot tapping the floor impatiently. A solid, cold feeling had settled in her stomach; a bad omen if there ever was one. Finally she gave over to the panic and got up from the bench, determined on making her way to the medical labs.

The aching in her chest was solid now, pulsating with every heart beat as she walked through the sterile corridors. The smell of medical equipment and anesthetic did nothing but tickle her nose as those big white doors rose up infront of her. She blinked in an almost daze and licked her lips, unsure of whether or not to actually go in.

Finally she shook her head and turned on her heel; if anything was wrong, she'd get a phone call or something. She didn't want to know if she had anything inside of her, but it was important that she did.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 05-10-2008, 06:55 AM

Linton sprang up to the sound of boots thumping steadily outside his door- and it didn't stop. Furious, he jerked the covers away and stomped over to the door, prepared to serve his intruder a knuckle sandwich. 'Oh god, that's an old phrase.'

He wished the building still had doorknobs, as it would have made for a more dramatic scene. Instead, he slammed the button on the side, and lo and behold, in front of him is his devil-boss. She jumped right to the point.

"You call this a statement? March your pansy ass back there. and. get. me. a. real. statement. Do you hear me Connor?"

What a way to start the day. He snatched the folder back and grumpily slammed the door (as fast as a mechanical door will go, anyways). Linton changed into a new pair of clothes and (he did, in fact) march himself all the way back to the laboratory. He cleared his throat and looked into the room: "Is anyone there?"

(( Everyone is... writing their own story. The reason I'm not posting is because every time I try to talk to someone, they are either leaving or already left. :( I sort of wanted to meet all of you, so perhaps we could congregate in the lab...? >_> ))

Cows Go Moo

Old 05-10-2008, 06:58 PM

The liquid swirled slowly, not having as much of a violent reaction as Cenedra had thought. She bit her lip, not wanting to mark down the result yet, but still. She did look up at the sound of someone clearing their throat. It was a man's voice, Connor? She shrugged removing her gloves and pushing her materials farther onto the table. She walked over, opening the door to meet Linton Connor. "Yes I'm here. Need anything?"

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-10-2008, 07:22 PM

((Sounds like a good plan Aesch xD Viv will be there in a while, after some umming and ahhing. x3))

After getting half way to the living quarters before stopping, the determination to walk away from her problems fading in a flush of true worry. She sighed gently, a frown etching itself onto her face. She plunged her hands into her pockets and hunched in on herself as her chest swelled with panic. What if she was infected? What if she had something inside of her, that would kill her? Infected with something so infectious that it was destroying her men, and making them nothing but fuel for the fires?

She sighed gently, her eyes closing as her worry washed over her in a wave of emotion; her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she let her hair fall over her shoulders, masking her face to anyone who would pass. The pulsating ache in her chest began to grow into a steady hum of pain as she wiped away her tears, swaying gently with the sensation. Blinking away any left over tears she had she let out a small shakey breath, turning around to head back to the medical labs.

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 05-14-2008, 01:41 AM

"It appears I was... preoccupied last night, which is why I didn't have the chance to speak to you properly. My superior requests that you write a bit more, if possible. But really, if you have a lab partner..." Linton trailed off, his words quickly becoming thoughts, 'If this virus is so devastating, why don't they have more medical personnel at work... I've only seen one so far.'

Cows Go Moo

Old 05-14-2008, 02:03 AM

"Really? Well I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately, I don't have a lab partner at the moment. Most of the ward is working in biological warfare at the moment." Cenedra sighed, knowing that it was weird. She didn't know either, but only a handful of scientists were actually working on the virus. Maybe the risk was greater than the cure.

cyanidecookie
*^_^*

Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 AM

Jack yawned, rubbing at her face and leaving a streak of oil across her cheek. She sighed and blew the dust away from the engine parts she was working on. "Ugh.... Damn old parts..." She tinkered with a few parts before deciding to take a break. Jack stood, stretching her stiff and sore muscles. She walked into the nearest smoking area and lit up a cigarette. Inhaling deeply she wondered whether or not she would be able to fix the old engine.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-15-2008, 08:34 AM

Try all she might, it seemed Vivica would never make it to the labs. Every five minutes or so she had to sit down and rest; the pulsating pain in her chest becoming sharper with every breath. She was just outside the medical building when she finally had to give over to the pain, her stride stumbling and sending her to the floor. She lay there and wondered if she'd be okay, and if anyone would actually find her.

The world was going grey at the edges as she looked up at the sky which was smeared with blue and white. As she blinked away the glare of the sun, darkness rose and took her under like a sweet old friend.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-22-2008, 05:30 PM

[Now that the event is over, hopefully people will come back and RP again x.X]

Cows Go Moo

Old 05-22-2008, 10:37 PM

((Sorry, but I need Aeschylus to reply ._.))

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-23-2008, 01:08 PM

[That's okay dear, if you don't get a reply soon I'll PM her and ask what's taking so long x3]

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 05-29-2008, 04:39 AM

"Ah, well you know what they say. The best defense is a good offense." Linton murmured, and started away, "You know who to call."

He definitely wasn't going to wait around for her to finish writing. It could take ages.

Cows Go Moo

Old 05-29-2008, 04:44 AM

Cenedra nodded at Linton. "Right, right." She wondered if he was here for anything else, but doubted it. She needed to find the commander soon for the results were going to come soon. She wondered where she was and if she was feeling well.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 PM

As she lay there, engulfed in darkness, she dreamed; the battles she had faced and the men she had lost surfaced into the front of her brain, blood coloured everything and nothing as she remembered the pain and the screams of her fallen comrades. The feeling of something snug in her chest pulsated through her arms and legs, before she found herself dreaming of herself in the here and now; she looked down at her chest and found the skin rippling and buckling, before the skin split and the grey sleek body of what she could only think of as an alien burst from her front. The pain seered through her veins, stealing her breath as the thing screeched, high pitched and nasal.

Whilst she dreamed her body went on without her; her limbs seazing up and bucking at the vivid dreams.

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-11-2008, 12:17 PM

[-Sigh- I think it's safe to say that the RP is officially dead. -weeps-]

Aeschylus
Sarcasm Machine

Old 06-17-2008, 06:12 AM

(( >_> ))

Marmee Noir
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM

[[Oh my! A reply! :shock:]]