Clomp-a-saurus

Old 01-02-2014, 05:25 PM

Because jars are made of glass, and I break things.
No fancy graphics here. Just odds and ends.

Clomp-a-saurus

Old 01-04-2014, 02:50 AM

03/01/2014

Finally got around to reading Sharon Shinn's Royal Airs today. it's a really well crafted bit of writing. When I realized how everything was going to tie up and tie into the previous book, I grinned so big. That's the thing I really love about this woman's writing: even though, like most books, I see where it's going long before you're supposed to, she writes so well that I still find the story exceedingly enjoyable. And after not being such a big fan of her shapeshifter series (which I thought wasn't as well done), I am especially pleased to be enjoying this series so much.

Very much looking forward to the next book, though I've definitely got a bit of a wait ahead of me.

Clomp-a-saurus

Old 01-05-2014, 03:58 PM

05/01/2014

I woke up this morning and. . . SNOW! Of course, in some ways this bring a lot of anxiety and extra work, but at the same time, it's super cool. We haven't gotten this much snow in a few years. It's too bad I don't have anyone to have a snowball fight with, but I know when I go out later today to refill water buckets/tubs, me and the dogs (all 4 of them, one of which is experiencing her first snow!) are going to have a great time.

There's something about this weather that always makes me happy, despite the inconveniences that come with it. Just standing out in that crisp air, the snow falling gently around you. You could almost think you're the only one in the whole world. There's nothing quite like it.

Last edited by Clomp-a-saurus; 01-05-2014 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: forgot to date

Clomp-a-saurus

Old 01-06-2014, 03:02 PM

06/01/2014

Got ahead on my work enough to do something fun for a few hours last night. I was irritated at the time about how condescending someone in the household was being, so I decided something to let off that steam properly was best. Yes, that means violence - though in the form of a video game. A friend recommended the game Dishonored several months ago, and I recently picked up a used copy while I was house-sitting for my sister over the holidays (there aren't any of those kind of stores around here). The play style is really different from what I usually play, so it took a while to get used to, but I'm really liking it so far. The story is in depth enough to engage me, the characters are interesting, the side missions are fun. . . I die often enough to keep it from being boring, but not so often that it's just constant frustration. In other words, it's a challenge, but not too much challenge. I'll have to ask said friend for more recommendations. Clearly he has good taste.