Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 09-21-2014, 08:23 PM

“after the way you have been pulling at it in nerviness, yes I am sad to say your hair looks a mess.” Sam tired to smile at Amory but it never full reached his eyes. He was trying everything in his power to make sure that Amory would have a perfect life and nothing was going as planned. There were others out there that would take up the hit and some of them would not care about who got hurt around him. “at least you look good otherwise, and its your voice that matter anyways. I just don’t want the Don thinking that I am not a good fit for you.” He looked down at Amory as he stopped Sam’s arm from rising to fix the hair.

“what is it that you think I am not telling you?” he looked away as he reached for the cup of hot water to help with the hair. His hands faltered as Giuseppe’s name was brought up. With his back to Amory he closed his eyes and took in a breath. What could he say to Amory that would not scare him away. He did not want Amory to go running to the don with the thought that Sam would harm him. “please don’t aske me about who I have worked for and what I have done. That is behind me, you are my future.” His shoulders sagged as he worried that just that would scare Amory enough to have him want Sam out of his room.

Turning he looked back at Amory his eyes sad as he tired to put on a happy smile. “It was only once that I got beat up, the second time I tripped and knocked myself out. Who ever took my stuff was just seeing it as a perfect opportunity. It was nothing more then that.”

Arc Angel
Sure, I'll play with you-- in ex...

Old 09-21-2014, 08:32 PM

Amory pouted a bit at Sam's words on his hair, but it was childish compared to his later emotion as he had halted Sam's work. He sighed softly and shook his head as Sam asked what he thought it was, but Amory was only clutching at straws here. He didn't know what to think. He didn't remember all the pieces of this clearly. Amory could hardly even recall details of the past few days. Lowering his gaze, ashamed in himself and doubting Sam suddenly, he was about to apologize... then Sam spoke up again. Amory's eyes narrowed slightly.

Standing up from his stool slowly, Amory stood in stunned quiet as Sam turned to look at him with that sad attempt for a smile. It stabbed him right in the chest. Walking up to him, Amory's arms gently moved to his waist, pulling him into a gentle hug, again careful of his wounds. "Tell me." He spoke firmly, worry clear in tone, but words otherwise strong. Then pulling away a little to look at Sam, his gaze seemed uncertain. He had thought what he'd heard of Sam's part was true, he hadn't actually expected Sam to be hiding anything. That he was, though... Perhaps it would help him understand. "I'm sorry to ask, Sam, but... please just tell me. So much goes on behind my back, I just need to understand some things." Then, frowning slightly, he shook his head at Sam. "You're in much more pain than yesterday, it hardly matters if you call it getting beat up or not. That's just what it was, isn't it?"

Lunna Dea

Old 09-21-2014, 08:50 PM

Sam tried to step back fearing what might come from Amory as he walked up to him. Only to find that the table stood between him and any escape he might have gained. His eyes widened in surprise as Amory pulled him into a hug. Setting the cup back down, the clink of the comb falling it to it, Sam wrapped his arms around Amory. “please…” his voice cracked as he fought back the fear, sadness and anger at Amory asking him. As he pulled away Sam fought back the tears.

He hated himself for keeping secrets like this but if he told now he would never have Amory’s trust. “you will not like what you hear, I don’t want you looking at me with that knowledge. You wont see me.” Wipeing his eyes he looked away from Amory. One hand already slipping behind him to where the dagger was hidden, yet knowing that he could never pull one on Amory. “what I did all those years ago was because I liked Fate, now he is gone and I have you.” He could not meet Amory’s eyes as he spoke. It felt wrong to bring Fate into this but that was a bit of history he could tell Amory and not worry about how it might hurt him. Amory would also have old lovers that he might talk about from time to time, so Sam did not think that speaking of his would hurt Amory.

Sighing he tired to look at Amory but then looked away. Slipping from his arms Sam slipped into the couch. “I heal faster then what I should, so yes I am in more pain then I was yesterday. If I had not taken that fall I would have been right as rain today, with no damaged ribs. But I went out when I knew I should have stayed with you, I fell and then got robbed.” He flinched as a memory of pain flashed through his mind. It was so near to real that he gasped as if he had been hit. Who ever had punched him had known about the broken rib and his healing abilities. They had aimed that hit to brake them again.

Arc Angel

Old 09-22-2014, 12:08 AM

As Amory pulled back slightly to see the tears forming in Sam's eyes, his own widened. The sight was a stab in the gut. His lips parted, then closed into a firm line. He wasn't sure of what to say. He knew it was wrong the other was hiding things from him, possibly important things by the look of it, but it didn't feel right bothering him to tears over it. What could possibly be so bad? Amory grinned half-heartedly at him, one of his hands rising to gently caress his cheek. "Sam..." He began, though he stopped himself, and his hand ended up falling slack with his confusion.

Who was Fate, and what did he do for him? Eyebrows knitting together with worry, he stood in a helpless sort of quiet as Sam moved to sit on the couch. His mind whirred, and his vision swirled around him. Amory felt quite weak suddenly. Knees going a tad wobbly, Amory joined Sam on the couch, though he was sure to give him his space. Sam couldn't even look at him now? Saddened, his eyes trained themselves on the rug before them. Gently kicking its corner with the toe of his shoe, Amory sighed softly. Then, slowly he turned to look at Sam, one of his hands moving to grab one of the other's. "Sam, please." He urged, not wishing to upset him further, but now also feeling the need to know.

If things were to bad that they drove Sam to tears, it was important to Amory to know them. It was important even if it didn't involve Amory. "I want to know how to help you. I can handle it." He spoke firmly, and for once, his weak nature subsided with those words. Amory meant it. He may know that he was a weak person, and didn't handle bad circumstances the calmest, but he wanted to be there for Sam, and he was.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-22-2014, 01:07 AM

Sam leaned into the caress of Amory’s fingers wishing this moment would last forever. His whole body was tense and ready for the fight that he knew would not come from Amory. Yet if Amory kept pushing he was going to have to lash out at something and he did not want it to be Amory. The tears were not something he liked happening but he could not stop them from coming. Each time Amory said his name or asked him please was another crack in his resolve to protect his love from his pasted.

He flinched as Amory once again asked him, their hands entwining as Amory grabbed his hand. “don’t ask me, please….” His head bowed as he pulled his hand from Amory’s. he could not allow that contact while he tried to fight his longing to tell the full truth. “I cant let you see that part of me.” Gripping his hands infront of his face he started to wring them as he tired to control his feelings.

As Amory spoke the final straw broke and Sam moved without thought. His hand was to his belt and the knife was in the air seconds after the thought. As it plunked into the wood door a second and third fallowed, landing in a tight cluster. “you really want to know? You really think you can help me?” his voice had become cold and dark. All feeling in his eyes seem to fade away as he threw a fourth knife into the rug right in front of Amory’s toe. Not waiting for an answer he went on.

“I am an assassin, or I was until last night. I don’t know what happened but I left you to tell them that I was retirering. You were my last mark, my last hit.” Moving quickly he straddled Amorys lap as he pinned his shoulders and leaned in. “your voice stopped me. I could not kill you, but I will kill any who would harm you.” The tears fell slowly from his face onto Amorys. “your face stole my soul, as Fate did all those years ago. If you were to tell me to kill someone I would do it and not ask why.” He was a monster, he knew he was and now Amory could see it to.

Arc Angel

Old 09-22-2014, 03:06 AM

As Sam pulled his hand from within his, Amory blinked at him in surprise, hesitantly returning his hand to his own lap. His lips parted, a tad shaken by the sudden movement, but he said nothing. Sam was clearly having some emotional problems, coming up with words right now. Had Amory pushed him too far? He felt his body tense as a knife zinged through the air. Eyes growing wide, Amory shrunk into the couch, staring at the cluster of them as Sam unleashed them into the door with such precision. Eye watering in fright, his arms wrapped around himself as he stared incredulously at Sam. What in the hell was going on? Suddenly he felt rather ill. This wasn't the man he knew.

This sinking feeling hit a new low as the fourth knife was flung just in front of his shoe, but an inch from his toe. Staring at it sadly, his feet drew themselves in, closer to the couch as he averted Sam's gaze completely. Amory felt quite like death. Was he to die here? Had his vision of safety been a complete lie? Apparently so. His gaze only returned to Sam as he felt him moving to straddle him, catching him completely off guard. Cringing away, Amory's back pressed itself to the couch, but his movements ceased as he heard that he would have been his last hit. Would have. Staring up at Sam with a mixture or horror and surprise, his body froze and he lost his words. It was rough for Amory to piece together before, but now everything that had happened seemed to fall into place.

Sam had warned him, left the knife at his place somehow, killed Giuseppe... Sam kept him safe, got closer to him, but not to kill him any longer. Sam was still the genuine and caring Sam that he knew, but now he had a scarier side to him as well. Tears pricked Amory's eyes as he stared up at Sam, crying, and felt helpless. What could he possibly say? Nothing seemed okay, and all that felt right was for him to lean in to the other. Amory leaned him into Sam, both terrified and oddly relieved, tears glistening down his face now, too as he buried it into Sam's chest.

"I... I don't know what to say..." He spoke with broken words, but his instincts and his care for the man persisted. He was hesitant to do so now, but his arms slowly working their way around Sam's hips, holding him there firmly. "You saved me... From Giuseppe, right?" He questioned after a few moments, voice quiet as he shifted to look up at Sam again, gaze uncertain as he got a better handle on himself.

He still cared for Sam, yes, though his image of him had been tainted. He needed some more explanation here to trust him completely, especially after his outburst involving the knives.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-22-2014, 03:48 AM

Sam felt the change in the air as Amory pulled back into the couch, he had scared him he know he had but now that the cat was out of the bag he had to finish what he started. The knifes all looked alike, just like the one he had forgotttn at Amory’s home the night before. Looking at him from the side of his eye he could see the sickness that came with revulsion. As he let the last knife fly he realized that it might have been one to many. To show you had the skill by putting three knifes into a tiny target was one thing but then to throw a forth an inch from the person you love, foot.

The love and warmth slowly flowed back into Sam’s eyes as he gently reached up and brushed away the tears. “now you see me, what I truly am. And you hate me.” His voice was soft and gentle. There was sadness in those eyes too, those funny two colored eyes. So it was with surprise and a bit of relief when Amory buried his face into Sam’s chest. He gulped as the tears that had been slow trickles now became a flood. I have shown him who I am and he is trying to accept me. Pain lanced through his heart as he realized that he was not going to be driven from his songbird. Sighing he leaned into Amory, his face buried in Amorys shoulder near his neck. His eyes closed and he sighed.

“yes I killed him for you.” His voice was muffled by the fabric of Amorys suit. “I would do so again if I had to. When you would not run I had to brake the contract with Giuseppe. Then last night I knew I had to brake contract with those I used to call my family, to save you.” Sliding off Amory’s lap he curled up next to him, his head resting on Amory’s shoulder. “not that it seems it has done any good. Your boss thinks I am a weakling who needs a watcher. The Brethren have a hit out on me and there is still Giuseppe’s hit on you, why that one is still in effect I do not know.” His voice quivered thinking back to what could have happened the night before.

He winced and curled up In a ball as his prodding at the memories brought them all back. He had gone to the meeting they had and informed them he was leaving. They had heaped curses and physical blows on him as he tried to walk away. He knew that if he attacked back they would turn from fists and non bladed weapons to ones that would kill him. He had to reach the door and exit the room if he could make it there then they would let him go. Some one landed a punch and then a second to his cracked rib. He could feel the loss of breath as the lung collapsed. He fell to his knees in pain only to try and get back up. Someone had landed a kick to his head. He remembered his vision going blurry as he pulled himself forward towards the door. He must have collapsed for the next thing he recalled was some one looking down at him with the stars in the background. “if you live passed this one Sam you might as well keep running for the rest of your life.” Then the stink of the sewers and he blacked out again.

Shivering he looked up at Amory. “know that I love you.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-22-2014, 04:05 AM

Amory allowed a small, crooked smile onto his face as he shook his head in response to the other's words. "I don't think I could hate you." He admitted, a tad optimistic now as he looked up into the other's face. He saw no ill intent there. The love and care seemed to swim right back into his mismatching eyes as they looked at each other, settling the ill feeling Amory had been encountering. This was Sam. Sam did care for him, and he wouldn't be harming him. Sam was still the man he knew. As he nuzzled his face into Sam's chest, breathing him in, he knew it to be true.

Then, removing his head to look up at Sam, he chuckled a little as his own tears stopped and his hands rose to gently wipe the ones now falling from Sam's face. He thought this would be where they made up, and suddenly it was all okay. Suddenly nothing else mattered. Amory knew better, though, and his hope once again sunk as he heard of the events all from Sam's perspective. He took it all in slowly, thoughtful for a few quiet moments before he heard Sam speak up one last time. Know that I love you.

Amory's gaze fixated itself on Sam for a moment, unsure of how to relieve the other's stresses, but firm as he turned to face him. Gently placing a thumb under Sam's chin, he lead him into a gentle kiss. Then pulling away just a little, Amory sent a full-fledged smile in his direction. "I love you, Sam." He replied firmly, voice soft but even as he looked upon the other man fondly again. Then sighing softly, he gave more thought to his other words. Frowning slightly, his eyebrows knitted together a little in some bits of confusion. There were still questions he had. "Was that... where you went yesterday? To the Brethren?" He questioned, unsure of what that was.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-22-2014, 04:22 AM

The knowledge that Amory would not, no could not hate him sent his sprite soaring. To know that he had been wrong and to have this songbird, his song bird still in his arms was beyond anything he could have wanted. Fate I know you said not to close my self off. And I know I did not fallow what you said. Thank you, I would not have found him if not for you. He closed his eyes as Amory wiped his tears away. Years ago it had been fate that had done that, years ago it had been Fate with the fear that Sam would see him as the monster.

Leaning in he kissed Amory as he said he loved him. His hands gently running along the side of Amory’s neck as he tried to take in this lovely man. “yes that is where I went yesterday night. It is because of my wounds beforehand that I was unable to make it from the room when they attacked me. And it is because of that I now am going to have to watch over my shoulder to make sure that there are no Brethren fallowing us.” Wrapping his arms around Amory he took in a deep breath and sighed. “but you have a set that we need to get you ready for.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-22-2014, 10:42 PM

At the feeling of the other man's hands running so gently along the sides of his neck, Amory closed his eyes for a moment, relaxed although the subject matter was still rather tense. They found themselves in a delicate situation, the two of them. Opening his eyes a moment later to frown slightly, Amory returned the embrace Sam then offered him. "Is there nothing we can do to get them off our backs?" He questioned, looking up at Sam with worry. So that's what had happened the night prior. Sam had gotten into this trouble for him. Swallowing a lump in his throat, Amory's gaze drifted downwards, feeling rather useless in this situation. "You've... already done a lot for me, Sam."

Then sighing softly and nodding as his set was mentioned, Amory grinned up at him half-heartedly. Now was not a time he wanted to go on stage. He knew he must, however. Besides, it could allow him to blow off some steam. The adrenaline he got from a performance was usually enough to wipe whatever else lingered in his mind. "I'd rather not go on and stay here..." He murmures childishly, face tucked into Sam's neck as he took in a deep breath before sighing again softly. "I guess it's not a matter of choice, though." Smiling, his leaned up to place a firm kiss on Sam's cheek before slowly standing to move to the stool before his vanity.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-22-2014, 11:26 PM

Sam watched as amory closed his eyes enjoying the touch of their skin. How he wished that he could keep Amory in that state for the rest of his life, never to fear an attack of the brethren. Yes in seconds that dream was shattered with his next question. “the only way to get them off my back is for me to die, and I am a bit attacted to my own skin to do such a thing. You on the other hand we just have to find who has kept the hit alive on you.” Leaning in he kissed Amory’s eye ridges. “do not worry about how much I have done so far or how much more I will do for you. I love you and that is all that matters.”

Sam watched as Amory fought with himself about going on stage. He could understand why he would not want to go on at this time. After all that had been told to him yet in order for them to survive they both had to keep up their end of the bargain at the club. “just think of it this way, each time you sing I forget my pain and am able to be with you in spirit.” Tilting his head up his lips met with Amory’s as his fingers slipped into his hair and held him there in the sweet kiss. Then he let him go and stood as well, grabbing the comb as he went to fix the messed up hair that he had just cused. “I would hate for your Don to come looking for us and find us so close.

Little did they know some one else had been watching. Slipping away from the crack in the door the young man smiled and sighed. Tuning away he searched out the don. “sir, I don’t think your song bird needs to be watched by one of us. Saw his friend land three throwing daggers into a cluster no bigger than an apple.” He smiled a knowing smile. “in fact I would say those two that died two nights ago were by his hand.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-23-2014, 12:52 AM

Sam's words proved little to no comfort for Amory, for the idea of Sam overexerting himself or possibly being harmed for his sake was a rather terrifying notion. Now wasn't the time to try discussing nonviolent alternatives, though. Sighing, eyebrows still twisted with worry, Amory managed an understanding nod in response. Being told not to worry would not assist him in calming, but it would stop him from wishing to speak of it more now. What did calm him was Sam's lips moving to his, the feel of the other's hands running into his hair.

As they parted, Amory allowed a grin back onto his lips, if only for the sake of that sweet kiss. Hearing that Sam would feel better with him on stage also assisted his mood, his mind then whirring to instead focus on remembering the numbers he had planned out for the night. It was going to be a busy one, he had been warned, so there would be more people to entertain, but also more to impress. Amory had to focus. The main object of his focus, however? Sam. Performing well would help Sam look good, and perhaps do some justice in taking his mind off of things. That would be more than worth it.

"I wouldn't worry too much about that." Amory replied simply, the thought of them being watched not even crossing his mind. Once Sam was done touching up his hair, he would turn to face him with a broad smile. "How do I look?" He asked in a playful fashion, mood readjusted for the better now.

The don sat among the tables just beyond the stage, feet crossed upon the chair beside him as he took in a deep drag of his cigar. Noting the man approaching him, he sat up a little to hear him out. At first his eyes widened a little, but then he nodded thoughtfully. "Interesting that the kid failed to mention this..." He chuckled a bit, thoughts gathering themselves slowly. "Good! The boy is in safe hands, I've got some good time invested in that voice of his."

Then, scratching his balding head, the don sighed deeply. "We need to make sure this friend of his feels obliged to stay in line, though. No acting up. Might even be able to use him to our advantage in other ways." He decided, a darker tone rising in his voice as he thought it all over.

Last edited by Arc Angel; 09-23-2014 at 01:12 AM..

Lunna Dea

Old 09-23-2014, 01:46 AM

Sam was happy to see the smile back on Amorys face as they parted from the kiss. “tonight after your sets we can pick this back up.” He brushed his fingers over Amorys lips he smiled. As he tidied up his hair Sam smiled trying to bring a balance back to their partnership. He hated that something had set Amory off to make him not trust Sam. Leaning down as he finished working on Amorys hair he pulled the knife from the floor. “I never did mean for you to see the knife in your place you know.” He gently wiped off the knife before slipping it into a sheath. “I was upset that you would not ask me to kill the Don, I could not brake the hit on you until I had a hit on the Don. In my frustration I threw the knife and then went for a walk. Later I got the job to kill your old don and I took it.” He smiled.

“you don’t think the Don would mind us being with each other?” wrapping his arms around Amory from behind he held him. could he have been wrong about the don? Could the man be open to such friendships? “you look wonderful my love. You will steal the heart of all the Dames and some of the gents this night.” Gently brushing his cheek Sam pulled out a bit of power for Amorys face. “we will have to be carful until we know fully before letting it come out.”

“I think sir that he is not wanting people to know what he is. I watched him as you asked me to and saw that your songbird pushed him into telling what he did.” Shaking a bit he sighed. “I was a bit worried that I would have to step in near the end. But I was stunned when I saw the knives land all together.” he shivered once again. “never have I see such precision like that with knives. But what I saw next may be the key to keeping him around.” He smiled and waited knowing that the don would want to know what it could be. After a few moments his smile became wider.

“what I saw sir was those to kanoodlaing. I do believe that the rumors of Amory with his old don may have been true.” He shook his head not really understanding why a good looking man like Amory or Sam would swear off the dames for another man. “they looked good and stuck in love.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-23-2014, 02:00 AM

At the idea of picking this back up afterwards, Amory nodded with a smile. While it hadn't been a pleasant subject, he was glad to at least know that Sam was sincerely taking care of him, and was now being completely open with him. It was also something of a relief to know that the horrifying encounters he'd had the past nights were mostly nothing to worry over anymore. "I... hardly remember the conversation." Amory admitted, blushing a tad with the idea of Sam having been there while he slept. Had he seen his horror? At the mention of his prior don's death, a slight dim would be seen in his smile. Amory was still not accustomed to such violence, so the idea of Sam killing- killing a man he once cared for- was still rough. Still, he nodded. "I think I understand it all now..." He spoke quietly.

As Sam wrapped his arms around him, Amory sent him a full-fledged smile again, savoring the warmth of the embrace as he felt the other's chest press to his back. "Ah, well, you see..." He began at first hesitantly, then sighing softly as his smile dimmed to a grin. "Carpi was aware of my situation with Giuseppe." Pausing there, he realized Sam may know already what he meant, so he stopped himself. It wasn't something he wished to speak of. "So, he knows what I prefer. So long as I'm selling this club, though, I doubt he would care much." He then finished with a wider smile, finding it an optimistic thought. "Thank you, Sam." He then added, his heart warmed as what he had said. Now, if only to focus on not messing his hair before the performance.

The don nodded in thoughtful understanding through this, his eyes narrowing as he considered the choices he had now. Proficiency with knives sure was something he could find a use for, no doubt, but ow could he manage requesting his work? There seemed to be a catch in all this leading him to stare up at the young man reporting to him. "Well?" He egged him on, curious. No surprise fell on him at the explanation, though his nose did scrunch with mild distaste. Yes, he was aware of what Amory preferred-- Hell, he'd known the rumors of Carpi were true. This also presented an interesting opportunity for him, though.

"Good work, kid. Fetch Sam for me when Amory gets on stage tonight. I believe you've given me means to work up an interesting proposition for him." He chuckled, crossing his arms over his large belly relaxedly. "Get yourself a drink while you're at it, eh?" He added, warmly, a few moments later with a smile. The exchange was business well done.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-23-2014, 02:35 AM

“I would think that you would not, you were talking in your sleep.” Sam smiled at him through the mirror. He could clearly see the worry seem to just fall off Amory as they talked. Maybe this was not a bad thing. Granted when he and Fate had this problem he had passed out and then recovered to find fate ready to leave him for good. If Amory was anything like he was back then it would be a really bad thing to offer to leave. “all I knew was that you were worried about the don and the hit, you wanted him to leave you alone but you did not want him dead. But from what I know the cops will not be tracking the death back to me.” They better not be, he thought as he finished up with the hair. “if you don’t we can talk about it later.”

Sams smile became a grin as Amory spoke of how the Don knew about what he liked and did not care as long as he kept selling the club. “then my love I think you and I shall play the Lady Killers in the lime light and shall walk out with only each other.” Sam thought that the Don would not mind if he became one of the dancers there to keep the ladies happy while their men were away with the games. Their Gents would not have any problem with Sam once it was known that he did not really prefer the ladies, and had a steady dance partner. “I think the Don will find that he had gotten himself a better bargain in me then he thought he had just this evening.” Turning Amory around he gently grabbed both sides of his face and kissed him soundly. After a few moments he broke it off for a breath. “now I believe that is your queue to get to the stage.” He said as there was a knock on the door.

When he opened the door the man who had been watching them earlier stepped in. “sir the band is ready for you.” He said smiling a knowing smile at Amory before turning to Sam. “and the Don would like to see you out on the floor.” Bowing slightly he stepped out of the door and closed it behind him.

“now what do you think he wants?” Sam asked as he grabbed a shirt and suit off the rack to put on quickly.

Arc Angel

Old 09-23-2014, 03:19 AM

Amory felt a tug of worry at hte mention of the cops, but tried to block out the thought for now. The cops never got Carpi's men, and they had done worse than Sam. Hadn't they? Amory wasn't quite sure, but he was drawn to believe it. At the thought of Sam performing here, too, his smile only brightened instead. "Sam, you dance?" He questioned first, then imagining the other man moving his hips like so, he blushed a bit. "I'd like to see that..." He murmured a tad quietly, liking the idea of this. He returned the kiss sweetly, savoring it as he heard the knock on the door.

"Ah, thanks!" Amory called in reply, casting one more smile at Sam before standing and ready himself to go. However, hearing the don wished to see Sam again was a bit strange. He was a talkative man, but why was he requesting Sam again? "Probably just making conversation. He's something of a people person. I'm sure it'll be fine." He assured him with a quick kiss to the cheek before opening the door to step out. Music had just begun, the musicians ready for him now. "I'll look or you in the crowd," Amory spoke sweetly, winking once before jogging out, not wishing to be late.

He stepped out not a few moments later to a cheering crowd, the room utterly packed tonight. The club was typically full, but this.... this was a new record, surely. Greeting them all with a smile and a slight bow, he caught a few various whistle as he waved a hand up to warmly receive them. "We're gonna jump right on into things tonight, get my boys up here warmed up with a little something new. Whaddya say?" He spoke in a friendly manner, some amount of showmanship obvious as he didn't need to guess of their answer. They were sure enthusiastic tonight. Chuckling into the mic, Amory turned swiftly to the man on the sax at his right. "Count me off?" He spoke lowly, stage persona kicking in as he grabbed the mic stand, tapping his feet a quick three times as the musicians behind him gave him a strong start.

Quote:
"Oh, yes..."
He began, voice smoothening into the jazzy, upbeat tune, warming his voice as the stage adrenaline kicked in.

Quote:
"Well, looky here looky here
Ah what do we have?
Another pretty thang ready for me to grab
But little does she know
That I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing
'Cause at the end of the night
It is her I'll be holding!"
Amory was amped up tonight, and it showed, his feet turning and hips twirling as the catchy tune spread into the audience. The sex appeal coming from him was at an all time high, something he would thank Sam for later, the suggestion rolling from his smaller movements drawing in eyes by the dozens. Women squealed and men snapped their fingers, the don himself even clapping enthusiastically from his seat near the front of the house. To say that the dance floor became crowded would be an insult to the influx of people suddenly shaking and twirling about the room. It was a hot mess of wriggling bodies, truly, but Amory's thumping heartbeat brought him more joy than anything. To please people with his voice, stir this kind of attention-- it was worth going through hell for. The person he most wished to most see this, however, was where his eyes secretly looked off to. Sam.

The don awaited Sam from a table near the front of the house, but upon catching eye contact with him, he would shift towards a different table near the back by the bar. Waiting on his arrival, he ordered to glasses of scotch, a fresh cigar again in his hand as he twirled it between two meaty fingers.

(song : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ww-8jvxT5Q )

Lunna Dea

Old 09-23-2014, 03:42 AM

Sam watched the look of worry cross Amorys face then disappear as something else changed his mind. I may have to tell him a bit more about what I was taught to do. Then he wont worry as much as he seems to about me. smiling Sam nodded at Amory’s question of him dancing. “first night we met I danced with a few of the young and not so young dames out on the floor.” He purred with the kiss.

“I hope that it is only conversation, if there is more I don’t know what is going to happen.” Holding up his hands to ward off any comment about him killing this don too he walked over and pulled his knifes from the door and put them under the clothes. When he changed into the new suit it became clear that he had ten knives placed at different points along his body that he could easily reach. He looked over his shoulder at Amory, a mischievous look on his face as he slowly pulled his shirt up. “oh if the don dose not keep me you will see me. Dancing with the cutest Dame there is in the joint.” He wiggled his eyebrows as he kissed Amorys cheek back.

Walking out onto the dance floor Sam smiled up at Amory before looking for the don. When he saw the don move he mentally checked all the exits before slowly walking over. His hands once again itching to have the blades in them and ready for a fight. To stop his fingers from moving to quickly to a knife he tucked them into his pocket. As he walked up to the don. “you wanted to see me Don Carpi?”

Arc Angel

Old 09-23-2014, 03:54 AM

Amory, with thoughts of Sam walking out so heavily armed with blades, felt a bit better about his meeting with the don. He didn't assume violence would ensue, in fact he was certain it wouldn't, but knowing Sam was well-equipped was a relief. As he caught Sam's gaze as he sang, his smile broadened, his gaze trailing him as he moved to the back of the club with the don. While this did cause a bit of worry to enter Amory, this didn't show the slightest. Instead, he picked the performance up a notch and slit down to his knees to sing directly to some of those standing beside the stage. He was having quite a fun time, despite the worry he had built up over time. The stage was his release.

As the don looked over his shoulder to see Sam, he smiled, nodding curtly. "Have a seat, kid. I've been thinkin' about you." He spoke gruffly, motioning to the seat beside him, a waiter bringing out the two drinks as ordered. The don took a long sip of his before letting out a sigh and looking over at Sam with what could be seen as a suspicious look. "You won't accept the help of my men 'cause you've got tricks of your own, eh?" He questioned, more so stated, then chuckled to himself and shook his head. "Who'd have thunk my boy would get himself a man capable of that, working as a stylist under him? Kid, Sam, you've got more to bring to the table than that." He explained, splaying one of his palms upon the table as his smile broadened. "If you want to continue here, continue your involvement with my songbird, I'm gonna need more from ya." He laid out the law there, a glint in his eyes saying he would take the actions necessary to see that he could only see Amory safely if his conditions were met.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-23-2014, 04:15 AM

Following the don to the table Sam did not take the seat that was offered but the one where he could put his back to the wall and see all that approached him. Something was not right and he did not like the feel of this. He looked down at the stage and sighed. This was for Amory not for himself. Taking a deep breath he listened to what the don had to say. “Capable of what sir?” Sams hackles were up and his fingers inching under the table to his knifes. The don’s two guards nearby were far enough away that he could have the don dead and the first of them going down before they realized what was going on. “I am a stylist and there is nothing else about me, unless you count the time I was a valet but I already told your stage manager about that and he did not see to think it was important.” His eyes had grown cold and calculated as he spoke. If he had to he would take out the don. No man was going to stand between him and Amory, unless that man himself was Amory. “I cannot think of anything else that I could offer you then what I already have sir.” His voice dropped in warning that if the don kept pushing he would not like what he got.

Arc Angel

Old 09-23-2014, 04:31 AM

The don, sensing the cold in Sam's voice, returned it with a chuckle. "My boy, you're still going to try hiding it from me?" He began, grinning, then shook his head. "Don't be a fool, now. What would you do? Take me out? I reckon you took out Giuseppe, too, for the kid." He assumed, unsure of fact behind it, but thinking he amy have done so for Amory. He had wanted him dead, after all. "A second don's death on account of the kid, out of a job, his budding career slain... It'd be a damn shame. Only a boyfriend to protect him, too?" Exhaling a smoke-filled breath, the don took another sip of scotch. "I'm not asking much. A couple of hits a month, a decent rate. I'd boost your income a bit. It'd help you two out... The boy's still gaining his financial footing... supporting you too, would be crippling." He explained, then mused over more information. "Be a shame if I told Amory I'd have your head if he saw you like that again. The little dove would believe it, too, you know." He threatened again, voice lacking a cold edge, though his tone was one of quite the businessman.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-23-2014, 07:30 AM

Sam looked at Don Capi as he spoke.“If I was who you think I am it seems like that I would take you out. If I am what you think I am do you think I would take a job taking care of Amory if I wanted to keep with that life style.” The blade was already in his hand under the table before he realized that he had drawn it. Slipping it back into the sheath he tried to pull back his rage at this mans ideas that he would just roll over and play good assassin. “if I were what you clearly think I am do you not think that I would not already have some money hidden away for the day when I could no longer be a good little hunter for the Brethren. The day that I turned my back on all that was family to me knowing that I would die if I took one more hit for them?” he knew that an Don worth his salt would know the full name of the Brethren of the Shadows, would know that you did not threaten one of them, would know that one would not speak lightly of being a part of that order.

Standing he leaned forward just enough that he could speak to the don without his men hearing him. “do you want to try me and what I know againted your men? How many of them would fall before I did? Ten, twelve, maybe a hundred? Are you ready to risk that?” a small knife thunked between the two of them as he stood back up. Upon the hilt was the mark of the Brethren of the Shadows. “twice I have told you not to pry into my life, twice you have not taken the hint. If you scare Amory then I will hunt you down and the pain I visted upon you will make what was done to Don Giuseppe pale in compairason.”

A small smile crossed his face as the don finished what he was saying as Sam pictured what he would want to do to the don. “sir I would love to help you but I have been out of the game for some time.” The coldness was gone from him as he smiled a sweet smile. “I would not mind teaching a few of your boys how to do what I did but you see, I have this bum wrist that makes it hard for me to do proper knife work.” He waved his hand around as he twrilled a knife between his fingers. “oh I can do a few trick throws. Make it look great and all but I have not been able to hit a target much farther then the dressing room door from the dressing table.” The knife slipped from his fingers and he made it seem like he had fumbled it. Moving out of the way it fell to the floor where it stuck with an audible thunk. “if you sent me out to perform a hit you would be putting our songbird into fits of worry. He would lose his voice, be unable to go on, and in the end would have a nerves brakedown.” He smiled sadly.

“but if you want me to do something else for you I am very good at dancing and I know how to make the ladies believe that all I want is them. I can keep the other Don’s ladies happy while they play in the back room at your tables. They wont have to worry about their wives leaving them and the ladys have a great time.” Bending over he picked up the knife making sure the Don did see the mark of the Brethren of Shadows on it. “and I can teach your men knife fighting, improve their chances in a close quarters fight. But I am sorry I cant do another hit.”

Arc Angel

Old 09-24-2014, 01:59 AM

The don remained quiet through this, nodding thoughtfully as his gaze fixed itself on his glass of scotch, which he swirled around in his hand. Behind them the club was crawling with people, excitement buzzing about as sex appeal oozed off the stage. Amory was killing it. With this thought in the back of his mind, his mood eased into a good position, the don carefully regarded Sam after he'd made his proposition. This hadn't been the sort of reaction he expected. Nevertheless, catching sight of the seal on his knife and taking his words to heart, the don nodding enthusiastically. "You're sure fond of em, eh?" He chuckled first, then shook his head and smiled warmly at him.

"You got yourself a deal, kid. I trust you can find the stage managers to set you up with dancing. I'll be sending a couple of men a night to work with you before the nightly sets." He exhaled a puff of cigar smoke, drifting up into the air to dissipate above their heads as he watched it. "You can do it while Amory practices." He added, then relaxing in his chair and allowing his gaze to fall away from Sam. "You're probably itching to leave now, get on with ya! Go charm the pants off of some people, eh?" He spoke with a laugh, not meaning for him to start work tonight, but instead urging him to have fun, let loose. Such was the manner of con Carpi.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-24-2014, 02:52 AM

Having spent so much time watching others faces he saw the surprise at Sams reaction to what he had to say. Would it have been better to have let him know how much I hated his guts and I wanted nothing with the killing that was going on now? He wondered as he slowly played with the fabric of the table cloth. “I have only met one other man that I would give me life for, and he is gone.” Sam said sadly as he rubbed the hilt of the knife. He had done that so often there were patches in the detail work on it. “you think it so strange that a man could love another man so deeply that they would give up all others?”

“well I will frist have to find a partner to show of how well I dance then have an exhibition of what I can do before you can start getting money in for my work as a dancer. But I don’t see no problems with me teaching your men a few tricks.” He tapped the hilt of the knife on the table. “but it stops if I cant keep up with taking care of Amory, he is my first job.” He emphasized the last few words with a hard thunk of his knife on the table top. Standing he smiled and looked down at the Don. “sir you don’t know what I am itching to do.” With that he nodded and turned to walk among the crowd. His knife disappeared into its hidden sheath as he passed the Don’s bodyguards. “your doing a swell job with protecting our Don you are.” He smiled sweetly as he patted the mans shoulder.

He could feel the Don’s bodyguards eyes on him as he slipped onto the dance floor. Snagging the first dame he saw he took her on a turn about the dance floor. As the song ended he brought her back to her date and bowed, she was breathless and he barely felt it.

Arc Angel

Old 09-26-2014, 04:27 AM

Kicking his feet back up onto the table to cross as Sam turned to leave, the Don took another long drag of his cigar. "Sir, ya really gonna take that load of crap from him?" One of the men questioned, turning to him warily. Sighing, the don allowed a grin to line his lips. "He's doing me a favor, boys, I can hardly complain with the way things are right now." He began, then exhaled slowly, watching the smoke rise up as he breathed it out. "Besides, his sweetheart is in the palm of my hand." Closing his hand that lie upon the table into a fist for emphasis, the man that had asked now nodding in understanding.

As Sam took to dancing, Amory caught glimpses of him and the dame he'd picked up from the stage, curiosity in his gaze though he found himself rather enjoying the other man dancing. He could definitely dance, after all. His mood lightened a bit, puffed up by the sight. His performance picked up, as did the crowds as he sung on. Amory went on to slow it down with another number, a softer one, savoring his time on stage while it lasted. Then, it was time for a brief brake. Smiling out onto the audience as he promised them a swift return, Amory jogged off stage to be greeted by a glass of water. Smiling at the stage hand, he accepted it gratefully and drank a good half of it without a second thought.

Lunna Dea

Old 09-26-2014, 04:58 AM

With each song that changed sam changed to a new dance partner. Each woman seemed sad to leave him and they tried to get back into his arms as they danced. Sam tried to understand what was happening with his life. He had stored money away that he could use if they needed it but right now he was unsure if Amory would want to leave. There were many places they could go to and get jobs without the don. Yet the don now knew enough that he could easily send the Brethren after them and they would be found and dealt with. Yet if he worked it just right the Brethren would not find them here.

Excusing himself from his last dance partner as Amory finished up his last song, Sam walked into the backstage area to great Amory. Stepping up he kissed Amory’s cheek and smiled. Leaning in so that no one would hear him he said. “the don knows about me. He wants me to teach his guys knife fighting while your warming up before the club opens.” Stepping back he smiled. “you were great Amory. The don asked me to take the dance floor while your singing. That why I can keep the young ladies happy as they friends are in the back with business.”