Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-20-2010, 03:32 AM

I'm wonderin if our white cat has that. It's soo skinny. And it was a rescue cat, and the person said they got it outta the rubbish dump @@. No matter how much we feed it, it still stays skinny. And it has really stanky breath LOL

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-20-2010, 03:41 AM

Yup. Feline Aids is real and most cats die from it. We've faught really hard to keep him alive, though. Takes a lot of work, especially when they're wounded. They get very sick and dont heal well. Thats why I get so angry when he fights or when my dad lets him out front. I'm the main one that takes care of him, and I honstly hate it. It so sad to hear him cry.

And thank you for the kind wishes, guys. I hope he gets better, too.
His face is really swollen today, but its not infected yet from what I can tell. Hopefully the swelling will start to go down, though.

@ Roachi - I dont think that it would just make it skinny. Our cat is actually rather heavy and has a big belly (but its more saggy then round. ><;; ) But if you're really worried that it might have it, then I would strongly suggest having it get tested for it, that way if it gets hurt then you'll know and be able to do what you can to save it. Cats die very easily from Feline Aids. I'm sure our cat has killed a few just from fighting with them. Strays wouldn't survive it because they'd have no one to take care of them, and then most people dont realize that whats wrong with them until its too late. It makes me very sad. I wish he wouldn't fight.

Our cat was nearly dead when he first got Feline Aids. But we nursed him back to health and gave him special shakes that made him get better. He finally healed up, but he still gets sick everytime he gets in a fight. He also almost died when he got diabetes. We thought he was a gonner. We had no idea what was wrong, and he couldn't even much of move. Brought him to the vet and he had to stay there three days, but he got better and now has to get shots every morning and night.

Last edited by Suona; 03-20-2010 at 03:44 AM..

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-20-2010, 03:43 AM

Ohhh. I think it's alright though. It's just someone i know their cat was super skinny and it had aids. ><
Easy to pass on from cat to cat? That sucks! :( So how long does it have to live?

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 03-20-2010, 04:24 AM

I'm really sorry about that, Su. :'<
I do hope the pain lessens even by just a little. :x And if it's something he can recover from, then I hope he does. =O <3<3

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-20-2010, 04:58 PM

Heh. I find it funny that we had been talking about people soliciting.
This morning I was greated by some JW's at my door. It was at 9:45, which is rather early for many people on a Saturday morning. I bet they've woken up a bunch of people on their way. I was already awake, though. I have been rudely awakened all morning by very loud chainsaw blaring from the person next to the person right behind us, and then the people behind us' dogs have been barking non-stop. @__@;; Sleep decided the noise was too much. Haha. xP;;

@ Roachi - Oh, he's lived for years with it. Its just that they can die easily from getting hurt and that makes them really sick. The aids weakens their immune system. So they can live for a long time with it as long as they're properly taken care of each time. We try to clean up our cat as soon as he gets in a fight. But he's had a couple of times where he got scratches in his ear that we didn't know about, and they get infected really fast since ears are dirty.

And yes, it can be passed on rather easily. When they get in fights and scratch each other, it'll most often times spread over. And then that cat will usually die because its infections get really bad and it gets sick.

@ Ry - Thank you, Ry. :hug:
I hope so, too. He's still pretty swollen today, but hopefully it'll get better soon enough. It looks pretty deep, so it'll take a while still. For now he'll just be mopey and have a lopsided face. lol You'd think he'd learn and just stop getting in fights.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-20-2010, 10:00 PM

@Su - Oh that doesn't sound very good at all. Poor thing!

Rylynne

Old 03-21-2010, 01:35 AM

@ Su : He's an aggressive cat, eh? :x
*hugglesquishes back*

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-21-2010, 05:12 AM

Cleaned it again today, and it doesn't seem to be getting infected at all, so thats good. From what I can tell, he just looks swollen and he had a bruise on his chin. We thought it was from a cat, but we're not sure now. Its a bite on the top and bottom of his head, which would be a big bite for a cat, I think. And he's never swollen up or gotten bruised before. It also appears as though his collar got torn off during his fight. None of us took it off, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere (he doesn't mind having it on, so he wouldn't push it off). So I'm really hoping that some dog didn't get a hold of him. But we just wonder that if it was a dog, it may have been more damage, since they have a stronger bite. :x So many possibilities.

@ Ry - I think he's just very protective of our yard. I've never seen him in anyone elses yard and he always fights them when they come into our yard or really close to it. And there have been these random strays that showed up recently and they have this really bad tendency to just hang around our street. They run through it and pee in our flower beds. They actually been around at all lately. I sure hope my cat didn't get to them all. :x He really doesn't appreciate them messing with his yard.

Rylynne

Old 03-21-2010, 08:46 AM

Ohh, I see. :x
My dog is the same. He's very protective of the exterior of our house, which he deems as his property. ^^;;
He's a nice guy for the most part though, but overstep your boundaries and he'll growl at you till you leave. >.>;;

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-21-2010, 07:29 PM

Haha. Yeah, its good when your dog is like that, just as long as they dont go too far or hurt anyone that means no harm. I know some dogs that just chase people that are even across the street. But our dog just sits in the lawn and woofs at them and starts to kind of follow them and sniff at them while still doing a little low woof, and if they stop or turn around then she runs away a little. lol She's actually very sweet and loves people, but she's such a scaredy cat. ><;; So funny because she's a 100lb or so yellow lab

Rylynne

Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 PM

Nah, my dog doesn't chase people unless provoked. Cats... he likes chasing cats off his property though, haha. ^^;;
And aww, what a sweetie! :'3 I prefer sweeter dogs, haha. xDD;; My dog is sweet as well, but he can get pretty spoiled. >.>;; <3<3

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-23-2010, 05:54 AM

Thats good. My dog never use to chase cats, but my dad would always sick (would that be the right spelling for that use? :x ) her on them whenever they were around. -__- So now she gets all rilled up when she sees a cat and runs for it.
Sweet dogs are so great. I can't stand those dogs that are really mean and always looking for a fight.

So, update on our cat. Looks like we have to bring him to the vet. His owwies were healing fine, but the side of his face was still huge. I felt it today, and its just hard. Like a big lump. Thought it could be an absess. Mom came home and we found another bite mark on the side of his face that looks like it is from the other canine, and its a little ways above the huge lump. Mom tried to push on it to see what it is and we tried to clean it out, but nothing came out, and now there is a weird pocket of air beneath the wound on his temple. She poked it with a needle and air hissed out and then pushing on it just made him cry more and only a little bit of murky blood came out. And then the mark was so little that it covered over enough that nothing more would come out and its all swollen up again. But we're pretty sure that its something wrong with his jaw, because he screamed the two times my mom tried to get him to open up his mouth more and he's only been eating canned cat food because its hard for him to eat his dry food. From the looks of it, we're assuming that his jaw make be broke or dislocated or its just an absess that is really bad and right on the jaw bone. The more we look at it, we're really thinking that it may not have been a cat. The wound is bad enough that it doesn't seem a cat could use that much force or have that big of a bite. I found his collar in the flowerbed beneath my window, though, so i'm hopeful that it was a cat, then, and not a dog, since that means the damage will most likely be less (cats are most often seen in that area and thats where he fights with them a lot, and I dont know any reason why a dog would be in that area, which is why I am thinking it could be a cat. Only way it'd be a dog over there would be if it chased him to that spot. Either way, whatever it was used enough force to rip his collar off of him and chomp down on his head. u_u At this point we are just really hoping that it wont be anything so bad as to have to put him down. We dont think there is anything they would be able to do for a broken jaw. Mom's taking him to the vet tomorrow morning, though. God, I'm going to be so scared all of tomorrow. This is really not something I need on my mind with all the stuff I have going on with school. Been crying on and off all evening. :'(

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-23-2010, 11:30 AM

*too tired to read wall of text*
Just came by to say hi su & goodluck for Project mene results and stuff <333

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 PM

I hope your kitty is okay, Su. :(

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-23-2010, 06:25 PM

Thanks for the PM goodluck, Roachi. Same to you.

@ Belly - Thank you. :]
I'm really hoping that he'll be okay. I haven't heard back from my mom yet, but she said she'll let me know as soon as the vet tells her.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-24-2010, 06:15 AM

-lies on the floor-
Still no sign of seiki heh? Hope he's all good :)

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-24-2010, 08:31 PM

Yup. He's still MIA.
I hope he's well, too, but i'm getting rather frustrated. I'd like to know the scores. ><;;

Cat is alive and going to make it. It did turn out that my original thought was right, and it was just a really bad absess that had gotten deep. They drained it and put a tie through the wounds to keep it open in order for us to keep flushing it out and cleaning it so that it can heal. He looks like crap, but he'll be fine. Just a week up a lot of hard work on our end.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-25-2010, 04:08 AM

Agreed lol. *is getting very anxious*

Wow what a lot to go through for a cat lol.
How long have u had him?

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 AM

And he still hasn't shown up. :<

He's definently been through a lot. And it looks like the vet didn't drain the right thing. His absess is still huge. We're supposed to flush out the wounds and push any gunk out, but nothing comes out because they're not connected, it seems. So, we'll even have to cut it open ourselves, or bring him back to the vet and make them do it right this time. Poor guy. He hates going to the vet. All he knows is that they hurt him really bad, and he's gotten to where he's pretty hostile towards them. He was so happy to be home. He's going to be really upset if he has to go back. :/

Hmm. We've had him for like 11 years or something.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-25-2010, 04:36 AM

Nuu how many days has it been now 2-3?

Aww poor thing. Do you have a pic of him?
Ahh no wonder your going through so much trouble. If my cat kept getting infected and had aids and stuff, i'd prob have it put down. Just for the same fact, that i don't like seeing animals suffer like that ><. Though my cat marley is almost 18, it'd be sad to see her go or have her put down. But if i feel she's in pain and suffering, i would put her out of her misery.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:59 AM

Days since he first got bit?

He gets hurt becuase he goes off and gets in fights. And the pain last a few days, but he's much better and happy when he's healed. We would have had him put to sleep, though, if his jaw was broken. Luckily its not. ^^

Hmm. I dont think I have any pictures of him on this computer.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-25-2010, 07:19 AM

No since seiki has been on xD

Whoa 0_________0

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 AM

Ooh. Haha.
He hasn't been on since Sunday night.

Whoa what? :x

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 03-26-2010, 09:20 AM

The thing about his jaw lol.

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 PM

Aah. Yup.
He'll be fine if we just take good care of his wounds and keep up with it
Brought him back to the vet yesterday so that she could cut open the actual absess. No idea how she missed it the first time! Just this huge lump on the side of his face. :roll: