Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 04:56 PM

Jayce had always tried to overthink every possible reaction, ending, and conclusion to most of the ordeals he went through. He wasn't your perfect person or never did nothing wrong kind of guy. "Alright, I won't say nothing to my father, I'll say we're waiting for you to be more comfortable before pushing something like that onto you. You will have to play my fiance for a while though until we can come up with an alternative." Jayce spoke giving up on thinking of outcomes. Jayce was contemplating on being nice or show what he was really feeling towards the other one. His father did have him pick out the features and style as well as the personality. However, he didn't think he'd wind up with a man instead of a woman. How many other men in his position tried this idea to get out of the country? How many of them actually passed. "What was so bad that you had to leave your country pretending to be a woman just to get out of it?" Was it worth the pride sacrifice? In his family pride was everything, his reputation was everything, and once the media would find out about his bride being a male not a female. Oh things would get bad. Not that he was a popstar or anything, just the fact his father had a lot of connections.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-29-2017, 06:42 PM

Lin Fey nodded his head. He wouldn't call this his most ideal outcome, but he could also live with this. As much as he acted proud sometimes, he was also willing to sacrifice it in a blink if for the right reason. And his? He sighed, letting his eyes fall to the table again. "It wasn't for my sake that I left, but for my sister," he finally explained. Seeming to wilt in his chair, he gave up entirely on hiding the facts anymore. Even if he still thought Jayce didn't truly care. If they were to play the married couple, then he at least needed to get close enough to the man to pretend, though Lin Fey never doubted his ability to pretend until he died. Tone turning bitter, he spit out a further explanation. "Because I am the useless son. Now at least my parents can have another without forcing Li Ling to do what I have done!"

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 06-08-2017 at 08:49 PM..

Immy

Penpal

Old 06-08-2017, 02:27 AM

"So it was either you or your sister. And out of the goodness of your heart you chose yourself?" Jayce' tone changed in his voice as he kept smiling as if it were nothing, "So it had nothing to do with you wanting to leave that wretched place behind for yourself? To be free of any past unwanted memories or possibly even enemies huh?" Jayce didn't think the boy would have enemies, though he figured if he mistook him for a girl off the bat, so did many others - he couldn't see that going too well with how proud foreign families were of their lineage.

Look a certain way, dress a certain way, possibly even act or not speak unless spoken to. Everything sounded so...so...ancient. Jayce sighed knowing he wouldn't think to try and come up with an alternative. If the other one wanted to leave that would be up to him and if Jayce didn't decide on anything else until then. "I'm going for a walk, it was a plan for us to relax before this evening. Though since this 'evening' isn't happening the way expected, I'm going to at least go with one thing I planned." Jayce went to the door putting his hand on the handle "You're still welcome if you wish" and walked outside leaving the two of them in different places to think.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-08-2017, 09:17 PM

Lin Fey frowned deeper at Jayce's smile, gritting his teeth every so slightly more. Slowly, his hands folded stiff, aggressive lines in the napkin against his knee while his back remained straight and proper, the perfect picture of politeness. That instinct lay deep in his core so that even when he felt no desire for it, his manners remained perfect. "You mock me," he ground out, still so perfect, but full of bite. How else should he interpret the other man's smile? He changed tones too fast and smiled brighter than made sense. The subtleties of the words and tone also escaped him considering he expected no real kindness.

Turning his gaze away, Lin Fey stayed seated as Jayce stood, moving toward the door. A walk? Even before tension washed over them again, he would say no. Now, he didn't even bother with words. Only after the door closed shut again, did he voice the rest of his thoughts, knowing that no one could hear them. "China is not wretched. More than anything...I wish I could have stayed..." With those words, he hung his head, returning his stare to the grains of the wooden table and his wadded up napkin.

Immy

Penpal

Old 06-09-2017, 03:42 AM

Jayce spent a couple hours walking on the beachline between the water and the sand. His mind was racing Damnit, now what am I supposed to tell him? That my bride cannot have children yet on the application it wasn't probably even a question. Then Jayce was starting to really wonder if his father put him up to this mockery, but without letting the other know about it. Then again that wouldn't make sense either. Without realizing it Jayce walked more towards the ocean until he felt the water go up to his knees with a small wave rolling onto the beach.

In the spur of the moment Jayce walked more into the ocean then dove in to go underneath. Water was his element, it was his star sign, and he loved every bit of it. He would forget everything while engulfed by water - his problems, his false bride, and so forth. After awhile he came back up figuring he needed to check up on Lin Fey, if his father had stopped by and saw he was home alone (she that is) then he would be furious. Jayce had dried off a bit, though his hair was still pretty soaked as he opened the front door quietly - more out of habit - and spoke "I'm home". Jayce wondered if Lin Fey went home or not so he kicked off his shoes and socks looking around the corner of the entrance way.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-12-2017, 11:25 PM

Lin Fey dragged a hand through his hair, feeling the silence of the home stronger than he thought he would. It was a different silence than rural China, but still silent, final. For another couple minutes, he stayed at the table, folding all his tension away. Then, he stood, making his way through the home with a bold gait as he found and inspected the most suitable items for his needs--a shirt with enough frill and flow to conceal his gender, a hairbrush, and general things he knew he would want later. Despite his earlier irritation, he dressed himself like a woman, as per their agreement. In the silence, his head felt cool. In the silence, he could accept this outcome more easily. Rather than a quick fight and throw to the streets, he would play this man's wife. Even if the lie lasted until the day he died, he would keep it. That was just the kind of man Lin Fey was.

The second the door opened, he emerged from the patio door he'd been sullenly standing by, arms crossed like he could cover the thing he lacked in his chest. Hair now fully dried from his shower and draped over one shoulder, he stopped in the arch of the main room to watch the other man, acknowledging his words with a simple stare. "Welcome home. Is this shirt...ah, appropriate?" he added, smiling as he struggled for the right word. The lie was in place now. He was this man's wife.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 05:01 AM

Kat Dakuu: I haven't had the inspiration lately, I've been ignoring other roleplays too and art inspiration is dead no matter how much I wish it wasn't. So it's one in the morning and I am waiting to get tired. One shot vodka down and might as well get this post in, right? Now it is up to you if you want to keep roleplaying with me, I'm going to start getting back on more again now that they're giving me more days at work so I won't be as tired as I would be if this was a night shift kinda like tonight. But let's figure this out. I'll get a post in and you decide on what you want to do. I won't be upset or anything, I'm the one who keeps leaving you for a month with no reply or even longer. But I'm working on being more active on here. Well I'm up and semi inspired, let's see how this works out.

(Roleplay Begins Again)

Jayce forgot if it was tonight or tomorrow that they were supposed to meet his father. "Oh right..." Jayce spoke in a quiet tone as he sighed "Looks good on you, it does compliment your skin tone." Jayce only threw that in out of habit to explain more than 'oh right' did at the time. Not to be nice or compliment him but more so just to add onto what he said. "I supposed I better change into something more comfortable and less...uh wet instead this...Could you grab me a towel so I don't drip all over the place?" He asked waiting to see if the other would run off to do so or not. Jayce unbuttoned his shirt taking it off glad to feel his skin being touched by the water and not through the white button up shirt that had originally clung to his body.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-11-2017, 12:03 AM

(Hey gurl! I'm more than happy to keep this rp going whenever you can get a post in.)

Accepting the compliments, Lin Fey smiled as planned. However, as Jayce approached, he found himself taken aback by the other man's appearance. Was it not unusual to come home wet after a walk? Was this just another cultural thing he didn't get? The smell of sea salt hung in the air though, making it obvious just what sort of dip Jayce took. Opening his mouth once, Lin Fey closed it before managing to speak. "Thank you. But...why are you wet?" Feeling fairly certain in his words and more at ease after the silence, Lin Fey met the other man's eyes full on. He was strange wasn't he? This couldn't be normal, even in America. Nodding once, after a second, he turned toward the bathroom, remembering where he found the towels before. He offered it to Jayce more out of impulse than a desire to act obedient. More than anything, he wanted to know why this rich American man was dripping sea water on his floors like he did it every day.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-11-2017, 11:37 PM

(I just don't want to make you mad, I really need to get more yaoi manga reading in)

Jayce was trying to not to get water on the floor, normally he would have planned for a towel to already be there but didn't plan to get soaked before returning to...well his bride. The question was, should he call Lin Fey his bride or what? Lover. Lover would be a good one or partner. His mother used to be big about not placing others or things into gender categories. So picking up that habit shouldn't be too difficult for him and he could just say the other preferred not to be referred with feminine terms.

"When I can't think clearly I go for a dip in the ocean, it's calming and helps ease my mind." Jayce said adding on "Not everyone here does the same things as others, whether here or in another country. My sister is more of one to go to a spa and get a makeover. Our father prefers going to a bar while watching a game and hanging out with old friends. It's just something I choose to do away from others, not that I don't mind people, but it does help." The water slid down his fit body as he took the towel pushing his wet sea salt smelling hair out of his face slicking it back. Taking the towel he dried his face then his hair thanking the other for the towel. "Thanks, I tend to keep one out here, but I usually just air dry on the way back too. This time I didn't, lost track of time. Sorry to have left you here alone."

"I believe I got a text before I left earlier that said father wants to meet us tonight, so I'll go get changed into some new clothes, and we'll be off. We won't tell him anything right now, don't need to add more fuel to the fire here." Jayce added.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-12-2017, 02:29 AM

(Don't worry, you won't.)

Lin Fey blinked, surprised at Jayce's answer. "Isn't that strange to do with clothes on?" he asked, confusion making him honest. If he wished to swim in the stream, he would strip to his breeches and enjoy the cool water. He did such things many times in his youth. The idea of submerging himself in salty water fully clothed just seemed silly and his mother would scold him for ruining the clothing. A pang went through his heart at the thought and it took him a second to recover, almost missing Jayce's words.

Looking up sharply, he forgot to use the feminine edge he'd been trying to pitch his voice. "Tonight? Your father?" Almost stammering on the words, he looked at Jayce with wide eyes, completely ignorant of the water under his bare feet as he stepped forward. A second later, his eyes darted back down to the floor as he folded pleats in the hem of his shirt. "I cannot fool him like this though. He'll know I am not..." Lin Fey swallowed. "I am not the pretty woman. He cannot know!" Fear returning, he stood in hesitation, wanting more than anything to hide away from this strange world that he knew could hurt him. This strange world called America.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-12-2017, 03:21 AM

(Alright one more post, then I suppose off to bed. gotta get a cappuccino in the morning)

Jayce stopped for a moment thinking then shook his head "Wrong night, my bad. Tomorrow we meet, don't know how I got that mixed up. Don't worry about what I said. Oh since you're staying here there is really only one bedroom, never saw a reason to get a second one." After all if he would sleep with someone it would be in the bed or on the couch, but mostly he was never home. Jayce turned to hear what the other was saying, his eyes were fixated on the other as he waited. Walking over with the towel around his neck and just wearing drenched pants at the moment. He took the other's face in his hands to get his attention, no other reason except to make the other focus.

"Look at me, look at me Lin Fey. He won't find out, just breathe okay? You gotta breathe." Jayce waited to make sure the other would calm down first but when he didn't seem to be fully listening or so he thought. He pulled Lin Fey against him "Just breathe okay" Jayce had always been like his mother in a way. Always wanting others to be calm or at peace around him. Which meant wanting to calm others in order to keep himself under control. Jayce waited a moment then pulled back "Come on, let's get you to the room so you can get some rest. It's been a heck of a day so far, I think a little rest would help." For a moment Jayce forgot about Lin Fey being a guy and not a girl, which probably he would never admit.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2017, 03:08 PM

Lin Fey frowned even as he let out a breath, relieved despite himself. Jayce grabbed his head, forcing him to pay attention to the other man. World narrowing to Jayce's face, Lin Fey found himself shocked back to reality. Why was this man acting this way? Like he cared. Like Lin Fey was actually his wife, or at least a friend. Did he act now even though it would offer no real benefit? Blinking his eyes, Lin Fey just stared back for a second, baffled and a little in awe because of this other man. As Jayce pulled him against his chest, Lin Fey decided that he really had forgotten that they weren't really man and wife.

"What are you doing...?" he murmured, his voice small even though he tried to sound demanding. It just didn't work despite how much he wanted it to. After Jayce let him go, Lin Fey shook his head, not sure he wanted to follow the other man right now. "...You really only have one bedroom? That's...." He forced a smile onto his face, remembering just what he had to lose if he angered Jayce. He did agree to be this man's wife right? It was about time he acted like it. "No, that's fine. People will...agree with our lie easier." Yes, that was why he agreed. Not because he felt it might not be so bad to stay near this other man. He definitely did not think that.

Immy

Penpal

Old 08-15-2017, 06:51 PM

Jayce left to go change deciding not to warm up with a hot shower, with his usual body temperature he didn't need to warm up so quickly. After showing the other to the bedroom he changed into some navy plaid pajama pants with a off black t shirt that was more fit than loose. He was confused but didn't care, he just had to convince his father. The question that remained on his mind was for how long could they keep this secret up? Would it last until the end of tomorrow evening, would it last any longer than a week to a month? Jayce finally found something he couldn't easily get out of just like he did all his life. What made this so much different than the other stuff he had gotten out of before? Maybe he was being childish but love just wasn't on his agenda and he was going to keep it that way. Jayce came back into the living room opening up a book as he started reading it.

(not sure where to go from here)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-20-2017, 02:39 AM

Standing around a little at a loss, Lin Fey waited in the living room after glancing to see where the bedroom was. He quickly averted his eyes though, not wanting to see anything unfortunate. Still, he didn't quite know what to do with himself, not sure if he should ready himself for bed or not, or something else. When Jayce reentered the living room and grabbed a book, Lin Fey made his decision. In the silence that had fallen between them, he spoke up, voice both shocking and tiny at the same time. "I'm going to go to bed then. I will see you later then?" he murmured, the question hanging after his words even as he stepped away. He stripped his shirt, not sure what to do with sleeping clothes and instead crawled into the bed after slipping off his his outfit. It felt right and after a pulling up the sheets of this unfamiliar bed, he laid down. It would be strange, but he could still do this, even if he never slept a wink.

Immy

Penpal

Old 09-07-2017, 02:27 PM

As the night drags on in silence, Jayce fell asleep on the couch rolled over facing the back of it. He had kicked off his shoes before going to sleep luckily but slept in his outfit forgetting to change. He had a book on the floor next to him which was about a steampunk era with a girl on the ground that was like a bar maid. And her man up in the sky. It was called Her Sky Cowboy, kind of lame for him to read, but it had the suspense in villains it needed.

The night slowly crept away as he didn't dream that night, for once no dreams which for him was rather odd. The next morning he woke up at seven in the morning like he always had as his body alarm was set for it. Looking around he noticed it was a bit quiet still, the other was either asleep or good at being quiet.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 09-10-2017, 08:34 PM

Entire night, Lin Fey expected Jayce to come to the bed as well, but that never happened. No matter how tense he lay on his side, or how much he stared at the door, it seemed that Jayce kept his distance. Lin Fey felt a wash of relief at that which allowed him to sleep, but a part of him only felt more tense, knowing that at some point, the life of a married couple would have to become part of their farce. One bed. No one could sleep on the couch forever.

After a night of fitful sleeping, Lin Fey woke sore and exhausted. Everything felt completely off from the quality of dim light around him to the soft bed and closed off quiet bubble that he lay in. Scrambling away from the covers, he spent a panicked second just trying to orient himself. Which was hard considering the dark room around him. Why did he feel so messed up even after the events of yesterday returned to him? Cautiously exiting the bedroom, Lin Fey looked for Jayce. By the state of the couch, it seemed that the other man slept there, but he appeared to have already gotten up. Rubbing his face, Lin Fey realized just how late in the morning it was and he stared out the window, wondering just how he managed to sleep like that. This was strange. He was turning strange.

Immy

Penpal

Old 11-02-2017, 03:59 PM

(So its time to get back to my old rp goal of having up to at least 40-50 rps at once on all sites)

Jayce had gotten up to start making eggs, it was really the only thing he knew how to make seeing as he didn't stay home very much. Most of the time he was running around with some girl whatever her name was and then she'd be gone by the time morning would come. Sometimes before morning or right after having fun saying they had to get back or work to be done. Trying not to kill the bacon as he finished the eggs placing them on a plate he kept getting grease splattered at him by the bacon. He turned to see his door open from his view and called out "Are you hungry?" he asked not sure if the other one was but he made plenty for both not sure how big the appetite was.

Jayce had come to the terms that it was a guy and not a woman that stayed the night. His father would be upset if he couldn't produce another heir, so he was trying to figure out how to come out and say it. Then again Jayce himself was straight, even if the body was mostly the same minus a few lumps verses something else. Men couldn't have children and women could. This would put a big strain on the houses since the daughter of the other house of business fell in love with another woman. Not sure what else to say he finished the bacon putting it on the plate setting it on the counter, there was a table but he didn't feel the need to walk over there since the counter was closer. With silence carried in the room he turned off the stove putting juice and milk out as he went to find the other male. "You alright?" he asked, though he knew that was a stupid question. The kid did this to save his sister and now he was probably feeling bad about it. Either way, Jayce wasn't going to add to that nor was he going to let anything out. He was going to keep quiet about it no matter if he was bugged about it or not.

(hope this was alright)

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-06-2017, 05:42 PM

Lin Fey jumped, startled to hear a voice from around the corner. For a second, he shrunk into his clothes before breathing in deep. He could do this. He could pretend he didn't feel so out of place and wrong and bitter to be in this place. Forcing a smile onto his face, he turned toward the kitchen. By the time Jayce stepped toward him, he had his face calm again. "Yes, I'm fine. Of course," he murmured, knowing that the softness of his voice didn't match the conviction that he tried to portray. Of course he didn't feel fine. How could anyone? However, he knew well enough that he did it himself.

The smell of bacon carried heavily through the house, so, after a quick smile, he stepped toward the counter. Jayce had set the food there along with jugs of milk and juice. Once again, he was struck with how strange this was. Breakfast at home would never look like this and....he would eat with family. "Is this...?" he started, pausing before starting again. "Is this normal for breakfast though?"

Immy

Penpal

Old 03-29-2018, 05:08 PM

Kat: I'm gonna reply, its up to you if you want to post. If not I totally understand, I don't seem to do well with storylines that involve original stories such as similar ones to our roleplay. Work, life, emotions, depression, it all gets combined as I bottle it up. I don't lilke writing or drawing while in such a deep depression level mood even though others suggest it to me. So again your choice, I won't take anything offensive.

-----------------------------------

"This is normal as far as living here, I always get up and make breakfast." Jayce commented as he had finished up sitting down at the counter top to eat. He started with the bacon to eat it while it was hot though it wouldn't have bothered him. "How did you sleep?" Jayce couldn't remember if he asked that or not but he was starting to wonder how his family would take this. That is if they could pull this off long enough. He did get a text last night from his father saying he wanted to his future daughter in law, that is if his son wanted to keep his assets in the company as well as the family money under his name. So Jayce was determined not to be cast out into the lower levels of the world just to keep his freedom.

Even if he had to pretend and not get caught being with other women, Jayce wouldn't mind. He could at least have mistresses as long as children was not involved, he didn't want to get caught up in that scandal. He remembered half of the dream he had, his father had found out about his bride and sent her...well him back to the country they came from which Jayce knew wasn't a good thing. Then it switched over to his own father casting him out of the family and throwing him to the streets. Jayce zoned out for a second while waiting for the reply as the food sat between them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-29-2018, 05:30 PM

After another second of hesitation, Lin Fey sat, holding his fork awkwardly. As much as the concept of the fork might be a good one, the weight of it felt wrong in his hand. "I slept....alright." he answered, his focus still on the plate. Spearing a single fluff of egg, he tried it, finding the flavor more buttery than he was used to, but not altogether unfamiliar. He continued to eat, not sure if he should say more or not. Living with another man turned out to be more awkward than he imagined, though less full of hate. At least, he thought so. He still wasn't sure how Jayce truly thought of him.

"Back home," he started, breaking the silence that had fallen between them. "My mother and grandmother would wake before the sun to start breakfast. Li Ling is learning to pinch dough for dumplings. She will have to get the water now though instead of me. This kind of breakfast is strange. It's....lonely?" He wasn't sure if that word explained what he really thought or if he should say it at all. A good wife would not criticize.