Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 07-25-2010, 12:38 AM

A/N: This story is one I am not too sure I like so far. I will update it when I have more written but right now I am kind of just stuck at this point. I do not want advice on hos the story should go because I know how it is going to end.

A voice Without a Past

As I sat there under the star speckled sky, I realized how much he really did mean to me. I could clearly picture his soft brown eyes, black hair and the soft look he often had on his face. I was completely in love with him, no doubt about that, but something wasn't quite right with him. It was almost as if he was hiding something from me, something big, not like one of those petty little secrets friends often forgot to tell one another. He sure was different, that Ken was.

The first time I met him was in a bar I used to work at called The Black Pearl. I was a singer and often moved from place to place trying to keep a job, but somehow I was drawn back to The Black Pearl. Maybe it was because of him I kept returning to that dirty little bar in the first place. There wasn't anything particularly great about The Black Pearl; it was just like every other riverside bar I worked at.

The Black Pearl was a small bar located on the riverfront of a small city. Outside, the bar was old looking and uninviting, with worn out wooden cutouts of old ships and sea animals on the sign and an old picket fence that was once white placed outside the door and leading to the parking lot. Inside was decorated much in the same way; with the same cheap cut outs of sea animals and several different boats. Towards the back of the bar, there was a small wooden stage where entertainment was provided.

Out back of The Black Pearl, there was an old wooden porch that over looked the ocean, a place few people went any more although the view from there was amazing. Often times, after I was done singing for the night, I would go out back and sit under the night sky and listen to the waves softly lap at the cement legs of the porch below. That's where I was now, sitting on the porch, leaning against the old wooden railing. I looked down at the calm waters of the ocean as I tucked my hair behind my ears. I was popular at The Black Pearl, known for my voice and my killer looks.

My name is Mai Noritez and I've been singing all my life, not always at bars of course. I had short chestnut colored hair that was cut in a pixie cut and had soft dark brown eyes. When I was 15 years old, my mother died and I was forced to move out of state with my father. After I turned 18, I started moving around from place to place on my own, finding odd jobs until I moved here and came across The Black Pearl. It was strange…even though I never been to this town before a couple weeks ago, I felt like I lived there my whole life. I even found someone to care about here.

After my mother died, I never let anyone close to me…no one except…him. He had an affect on me like nobody else did. I don't know what exactly drew me to him in the first place, all I know is that I'm stuck on him like gum on the bottom of a bar stool. He was much like any other man that drank at the bar for endless hours, except one thing…he would always run off when I was on the verge of pouring my soul to him. I never did find out what it was he was hiding.

I met him the first night I came to this town, after my first show. I had just gotten done singing a song I wrote called "Don't be foolish". It was a full house that night and the room was hazy with smoke from the cigarettes of the costumers. I stepped off stage and was walking back to my dressing room to change out of the tight v-neck red dress I was wearing when he grabbed my arm softly and pulled me aside, pinning me softly against a near by wall.

"What do you want?" I asked him as I studied his face. He had a soft look on his face that I haven't seen on anyone in a long while.
"I want to know who you are." He clearly stated, keeping his hands on my upper arms.

"Who I am?" I asked him as I directed my attention to his soft brown eyes. I could tell he didn't want to do me any harm by the way he was looking at me.

"Yes, what is your name?" He asked, raising his voice slightly as the next act stepped on stage and began her performance.

"Mai Noritez." I replied, still looking him in the eyes. He had the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen on anyone.

"My name is…" He began, only to be cut off by Drake, a bodyguard that grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him off of me.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked as he pinned him up against the wall opposite of where I was. Drake didn't take kindly to people coming backstage unless they were performing.

"I believe he's a customer." I replied, placing a hand on the back of Drake's shoulder. He was much taller than I was, me only being 5'3". He was around 6' tall with a muscular build. "It's alright, you can let him go." I said as I walked past Drake towards my dressing room at the end of the hallway.

"Was he bothering you, Mai?" Drake asked as he followed me to my dressing room.

I stopped right outside the door and looked back at him, pausing for a moment before I answered. "No, he wasn't." I replied, looking Drake in the eyes.

I could tell he wasn't happy with that answer the moment I said it. His lips curled at the corners slightly in a frown, but he was trying to hide how he really was feeling. I later found out that he loved me from the moment I walked into The Black Pearl, even though I was in rags and dripping wet from the rain outside that evening. That had only been the evening before, but I already had a new wardrobe to perform in that the owner of The Black Pearl had bought me.

"I want you to tell me if any creep tries anything with you, okay?" Drake said as he looked down at me from behind the dark shades he was wearing.

I smiled at him and moved closer to him, putting my hand to his face. "Alright, I'll let you know." I said as I softly ran my hand down his cheek before returning it back at my side.

"I have to see Wanda off stage, I'll see you around." He said with a slight smile. I returned his smile with one of my own before he turned away from me and headed back towards the stage. I turned and walked into the dressing room, closing the door behind me before latching the lock on the door. I had to change into something more comfortable than the cotton dress that I was wearing.

It was a warm summer's night and rather hot out and the lights in the bar didn't help much either. I fanned myself with my hand as I walked over to a makeshift closet made out of a clothes rack and a curtain. Pulling back the curtain, I looked over the choice of clothes I had to choose from. I pulled a pair of blue jeans and a yellow tank top with embroidered roses on the front of it. Tossing them onto a nearby chair, I untied the strings that held my dress up at the back of my neck, allowing the front of the dress to fall slightly. I then slipped the dress off and changed into the blue jeans and tank top.

After changing, I made my way out to the back porch. I don't know why exactly, but I couldn't get that boy off my mind. I didn't know who he was or where he was from or if I'd even ever see him again. Why did I even care? I shook my head at myself. How could I even care about someone I only said a few words to? And the fact that he pinned me to the wall didn't help me take a liking to him, but I still felt something inside for him.

To Be Continued………