Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-15-2008, 02:04 AM

Meet Arisabella Rosewrit. A teenage girl, not extraordinary. A girl of seventeen. She has been very sickly, and only started going to a private school in 7th grade. She didn't mesh well with other students. In fact, over the years, she has made but one friend. But they are the closest of friends. As time comes to pass they both begin to harbor feelings for one another. But then her illness takes a turn for the worst. Still she tries to go to school. She seems to be holding up for a week, then one day she collapses in the middle of a class that the two have together. She goes into a coma. Everyday he visits her in the hospital. One day, he makes a desperate wish to see her awake again. Little does he know that she is not so much asleep, but in another world parallel to this one. That night, he goes home and goes to sleep, but when he wakes up, he's not in his own home. He's in a small clay home and standing over his is who else, but Arisabella. He freaks out that she's awake, then notices two things. Firstly, she's dressed in strange clothes, and secondly, she looks completely confused that he seems to know her. Then she reveals that her name is not Arisabella, but just Ari. But he knows she's the same person. What will it take to awaken Arisabella's true memories? And even if he can get her memories back, will they be able to make it back home from this strange land of monsters and desert?

For this rp, you play: A guy, the closest friend to Arisabella, who goes to sleep and wakes up in another world.

This story starts a bit before Arisabella goes into a coma.

---------

My Character

Name: Arisabella Rosewrit/ Ari D'sabbia
Appearance: She has pale ivory skin and emerald green eyes, coupled with long black hair. She is small for her age, because of her illness, and often looks worn. In the other world, Her skin is a bit darker, and she looks healthier. Her clothes in the other world are a mid drift tan tube top, a tight skirt, and thin protective leggings. She has two white markings on her cheeks. She wears a tanned leather arm band and head band, and carries a rather large blade with seals in an unknown language down the length of the blade.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-15-2008, 02:19 AM

Name: Kentan [Ken] Tsuichi
Appearance:

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 AM

Another day. They seemed to get longer. Teenage students gossip merrily with their friends... Except for one girl. She walked alone. She looked and was so very unhealthy in comparison to her peers. As such, she was very quiet, and had only one friend. She was Arisabella Rosewrit, and for her, each day was another fight going down hill. Still she fought them, just for another day. She wasn't ready to throw in the towel and let them stick her in a bed for the rest of her life.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-15-2008, 02:42 AM

“And today, it’s a balmy sixty degrees out, sunshine earlier in the day, giving way to quick showers later—â€

Ken smacked the alarm clock and got up. He stretched his arms out, giving way to a long, tiresome yawn. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and looked at his clock. 6:30. He had exactly one hour and thirty minutes before school would start. Still sleepy, he dragged himself up and made for his closet. He opened the drawers, throwing random articles of clothing this way and that, looking for his school uniform. After finally retrieving it from the depths of his second drawer, he dressed and made way for the bathroom, where he handled his business, brushed his teeth, washed his face, and examined himself in the mirror. There was nothing radically different about his image. His eyes were still green, his hair was still a chic mess dirty blonde strands. Satisfied, he went down to the kitchen for his breakfast.

Downstairs, he found his mother already frying bacon on the stove and coffee cooking in the coffee pot. Ken looked around the cupboards until he found some cereal, and poured it in a bowl, along with milk.

“Ken,†his mother said. “I’m going to get home late. Can you pick up Kylene and Rachel from tennis?â€
“Sure, but why are you going to be late?â€
“My boss wants to be look over this new installment, and I’m afraid it might take a while, so don’t forget to pick them up.â€
“Yeah sure,†he said, finishing the last of cereal and drowning the milk. “Okay, I’m off. See you mom.â€

After a quick peck on the cheek, Ken got his book bag and walked out of the house, making his way for the train station. He got on the sleek metal car, and held tight to the railings as it rumbled along. When he reached his stop, he got off and made his way for school. Walking through the iron gates of his private school, he saw a girl whom he recognized as none other than Arisabella.

“Hey,†he called out. “Arisabella!!â€

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-15-2008, 02:50 AM

Arisabella heard that ever so familiar voice and looked up. "Ken!" She said as loud as she could muster. She gave him a smile that no one else ever got to see. It made her look almost healthy. "How are you this morning?" She asked in her typical, softly spoken way. She looked up to the sky. It was a warm day. She looked back at him, awaiting his response.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-15-2008, 02:55 AM

Ken’s face shadowed immediately into one of concern. Half-jogging, half-running, he caught up with Arisabella, and shook her by her shoulders.

“Why did you come to school today?†he demanded as frighteningly concerned face locked eyes with hers.

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-15-2008, 02:59 AM

"Ow... Can you loosen your grip a little... I came because I can't stand sitting in that bedroom one more minute... It's so empty in there. Just white. It's like a hospital room. I had to get out. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life watching while nothing changes." Arisabella said calmly and sincerely. She had snuck out today, but she desperately needed to get away from the doctors, the pills, the emptiness, and the lethargy.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-15-2008, 03:03 AM

"Oh, sorry." Ken loosened his grip on her, but did not completely let go. Bored or not, she was still frail and a school day was hectic. "Are you sure you can handle it though? I don't want anything bad to happen to you. Your mother would kill me if anything did. Of course, first she'd have to dig me up because my mom would probably kill me first."

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-15-2008, 03:05 AM

"I'm sure... You shouldn't worry so much for me... I'm trying to escape that too." She said with a joking grin. She looked up at him and her vision doubled. She blinked and it went back to normal. "So, let's get in to building, okay?" She said, giving him a reassuring smile.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-15-2008, 03:11 AM

The bell rang and most of the students hurried off to their classes. However, Ken still held onto Arisabella.

"Promise me," he said, low but firm. "Promise me that if anything weird happens, just go to the nurse, okay?"

Ken gave her a reassuring squeeze, then gathered his things and walked off to class, turning back to look at her every so often. Her smile was still there, but he saw beyond that. He saw how she looked paler than before, and how her body was leaner than he remembered. God help her, he thought as he crossed his fingers, then quickly uncrossed them, seeing as how other people were staring at him weirdly.

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-15-2008, 03:16 AM

She had nodded. "I promise..." She said, earnestly. "I will." Then when the bell rang she had followed behind him. She headed off to her first period class, gym. The teachers were unaware of her condition, as they hadn't had her in a class yet. She participated as much as she could. She didn't want to be the odd one out.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-15-2008, 03:30 AM

Ken walked into math class and droned out on most of the lesson. He looked out the window and saw bright sunlight, gilding everything in its path. But still, he could shake off the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"Mr. Tsuichi."

Ken snapped back into real life and found his teacher, a nearly-bald middle aged man glaring at Ken sternly from his ovangular glasses.

"Um, yea?"
"Can you come up and do question three please?"
"What?"
"Mr. Tsuichi, will you come up to the board and show the class how to solve question three?"
"Um, yeah, sure."

Ken walked to the front of the room, aware of pointed stares and hidden giggles that were being exchanged behind his back. He turned to look at the question he was supposed to solve. It was a simple algebraic word problem that only required the correct key and equation. Working quickly, he came to the conclusion that x=7, therefore y=20. He dropped the chalk back onto the board and took his seat again. After a couple of minutes, he dozed off for the rest of the class, with the ominous feeling still tied to his chest.

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 AM

First period ended not too long after. Arisabella made her way through the school, towards the history class. She and Ken had that class together. She waited at the door for him to show up.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-15-2008, 10:24 PM

The bell rang, and Ken jerked awake. He yawned sleepily and stayed in his chair as other students quickly filed out of the room.

Pushing back sleep, he tried to remember what class he had.

Okay, so this is math, Ken thought as he yawned again. So that means that I have . . . HISTORY

Suddenly realizing that Arisabella would be in his same class, he scrambled out of his chair, gathered his belongings, and with a hasty jerk at the teacher, ran out of the room to history. He found Arisabella at the door, and was relieved that she looked the same. Still weary, no doubt, but not more.

"Arisaballa," he greeted, a smile forming on his face. "Are you okay? Was gym tiring? Do you want to go to the nurse's?"

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-16-2008, 01:42 AM

Arisabella looked at him and gave him a serene smile. "Ken, I'm fine. You must not worry so much for me... I'll fight this off as long as I can. I still have a life I want to live." She said softly.

She wished so much just to be a normal teen and not have others worry for her. When they did, she felt as though she were a hinderance. It bothered her, and hence, she tried to avoid worrying people. It just never seemed to work.

"So, are you ready for the history presentations?" She asked. They had been assigned history projects. She had done a poster to present.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-16-2008, 01:47 AM

"Okay," Ken said slowly, a little disbelievingly.

Not taking his eyes off her, he rummaged in his bag until he found what he was looking for. He showed Arisabella a cylindrical piece of plastic and metal.

"Yeah," he said, flashing his USB drive. "I have the Powerpoint in here."

He slipped it into his back pocket and walked into the classroom, taking a seat in the back row. He motioned for Arisabella to follow.

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-16-2008, 01:57 AM

Arisabella followed behind him and took the empty seat to the left of Ken. She sat down. They were schedualed to present towards the end. She looked up attentitively to the front where the first person was presenting. Things seemed fine right now.

Arisabella continued to pay attention up until the third presentation. Suddenly, a sharp pain throbbed in her head. It was enough to make her vision double once more. She blinked a few times to clear it up, but it remained.

She didn't think much of it though until the room started spinning around her. She suddenly felt ice cold. She stood, remembering the promise she had made to Ken, and made for the door.

She was about 8 feet from the door when her knees buckled. Her vision flickered, swirled, then faded out to black. She collapsed with a thud in the hall.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 AM

"And now if the first group would like to come up and present . . ."

Ken yawned. All his classes were as boring as this. The teacher does nothing but talk, then students come up and talk, and then, oh, it was such a bother. Ken's eyes drooped, and he slowly nodded off to a light sleep.

BAM!!

Ken jerked awake, his blood racing. All around him, he heard chairs clatter and footsteps slap across the floor.

"Are you okay?"
"What happened?"
"I don't know-"
"What should we do?"
"Oh wow"
"She was just standing there, and then-"
"Oh, poor Arisabella."

Upon hearing the name Arisabella, Ken jumped up and made his way to the center of the crowd. There was Arisabella, in all her glory, unconscious on the floor. It took him several minutes to digest the scene, but when he did, he uttered a single word, "FUCK."

Ken felt his head spinning, his world losing focus. I should've known she couldn't come to school. She's still weak, but no. I had to let her in. I should have stopped her, told her to go back to the hospital. This is all my fault. Why did I let this happen to her.

Suddenly, he was overcome by a desire to protect her, to not let anyone near her.

"GET OUT," he shouted. "STOP GAWKING YOU IDIOTS!! IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING, GO GET HELP!!"
"Mr. Tsuichi, I'd appreciate it if you stopped screaming. We're still in school you know."

A hand laid on his shoulder. He turned to find his teacher, looking at him.

"YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING!!" he screamed, furious.
"The hospital is on their way, Mr. Tsuichi. Please calm down."
"I AM CALM!!"
"Mr. Tsuichi, I understand that you care about Ms. Rosewrit, but I cannot have this disruptive behavior within school preliminaries."
"I'M NOT BEING DISRUPTIVE!! I'M JUST WORRIED!!"
"Mr. Tsuichi, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to take your belongings and go home. You're disrupting the peace."

The rest of the day went by like a blur. The only thing in Ken's head was that Arisabella was unconscious, maybe even dead, and he couldn't even see her. He had gone to the hospital, in hopes of comforting her, but they had refused to let him in. They said she was in a critical condition, a coma more specifically, and that she couldn't see anyone, so all Ken could do was go home and wait. He felt so useless, like he couldn't do anything.

Ken smashed his wall, which earned a reprimand from his mother. Sighing heavily, he crept into bed, but his heart was too heavy for him to go to sleep. A single tear trickled down his face, and he closed his eyes.

If there is a God, let him hear my prayer.
If there is a God, let him hear my voice.
Please God, all I want is to be able to see Arisabella again.
Please.

And with an Amen, he fell into a frightful sleep.

THE NEXT DAY . . .

Sunlight poured in, making Ken squeeze his eyes shut. He rolled over, murmuring "Five more minutes mom, just five more minutes."

A hand brushed his cheeks. He giggled. "Stop that, it's ticklish. Stop it." Still giggling, he opened his eyes to see Arisabella. Shocked, he jerked up.

"Arisabella?" he exclaimed. "Since when did you get better?"

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-16-2008, 02:23 AM

This girl who he seemed so familiar with, looked confused. Her eyebrows furrowed.
"Who? I don't know an Arisabella, I'm afraid.
But you're awake. That's good." The girl said.
"I didn't think you were alive."
She stood. "I'm Ari D'sabbia. Who are you?" The girl, Ari, asked. Her emerald green eyes were somewhat apprehensive.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-16-2008, 02:26 AM

Ken was puzzled. Who was this Ari D'sabbia? Did she hit herself and have a concussion? Wasn't she supposed to be in the hospital in the first place? Why doesn't she remember me?

"I'm Kentan Tsuichi," he said. "Ken for short? Don't you remember Arisabella?"

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 AM

"Ari... I am Ari. I'm sorry, I don't know you. I found you out on the plains earlier. I've never met you before this." She said with a frown of utter confusion.

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-16-2008, 02:31 AM

Ken's jaw opened as he studied the girl's features. It's true, her skin was a bit darker, and he didn't remember the strange marks on her face like that. Wait a minute -

"Wait, did you say you found me on the plains?" Ken asked in total confusement.

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-16-2008, 02:33 AM

"Yes... The plains. Are you from one of the villages around here.. Or wait." She looked defensive, as she put her hand to the hilt of a rather large blade. "Are you one of the Terrid?"

Exchange
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 01-16-2008, 02:40 AM

"Wait, what?" Ken said exasperated. "This sounds so primitive."

And he finally took notice of his surroundings. He was in a hut, a small cabin to say the least. There were clay pots and flowers, wooden chairs, all primitive items. Except for the huge sword that Arisabella, or Ari, or whoever this girl was, had. That made the setting more fantastical.

"Okay, no. I'm not from the villages, and I'm not a Terrid, or whatever you call them," Ken said, trying to reason with the girl. "My name is Ken. I live on the planet Earth, you know, with the cars and the buildings and the schools? I used to go to school with you."

Nanoke Kazekuro
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 01-16-2008, 02:43 AM

"Earth... I know of the earth... The ground, ya know. But there is no place called Earth. This world is TerraInculta... Did you hit your head or something?" Ari asked, confused. Her eyes flickered, questionng his sanity.