Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 PM

"A debate? I like debates. I'm not very good at them, but they're really interesting to listen to," She stated, heading towards the door. "Ready to go? I can't wait to meet other people."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 02-14-2008, 11:29 PM

Charlie shrugged "They're ok." She replied following her out "I don't really get into them though. I don't see the point." She smiled" See if you can find the way to the dining hall."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 11:36 PM

Nicole nodded, "Alright...If we get lost, we can blame the map."
She took the map out of her pocket and pointed to their position, and traced her finger to the dining hall. "Okay, it's on the first floor, on the left side of the building."

She went down the hall in the direction of the stairs, and went down them. Soon they reached the bottom floor and she turned left, following the smell of food. Soon they came to a large door with Dining Hall above it, the sound of chattering students greeted her ears, muffled by the door.

"At least we didn't get lost," She said, grinning. "Yay for my map reading skills!"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 11:39 PM

Charlie laughed "Well done, I'm impressed." She smiled. "How hungry are you anyway?" She asked motioning towards one of the tables and making her way there. "You'll be glad to know the food here is good and we do get second helpings."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 11:42 PM

Nicole followed her to the table, "Good. I'm starving, enough to have seconds. Perhaps thirds. Where do we get the food? Do they bring it to us, or is there like a line?" She asked, looking around, unsure of how things were done there.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 PM

"It's all put out on the tables and then you help yourself." She replied absently. She motioned to a smaller door where adults now emerged carrying covered trays and bowls. Along with a few that seemed to just float out. Presumably helped along by someones powers. "We're a little early, usually we come in as they finish, but..." She shrugged.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 PM

Nicole's stomach growled harder as she watched the food being placed on everyone's tables.
Once food was placed on their table, Nicole sat there open-mouthed. She hadn't expected the food to be so...Well prepared. She was used to mystery meat from her school- not actual food.

"...Is this all real?" She asked, looking up at Charlie. "I'm dreaming, aren't I? Someone in this school is using their powers to manipulate my dreams. I'm probably still upstairs asleep, aren't I?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-14-2008, 11:53 PM

"While that's always a possability, not in this case." She smiled "Have you never been to a private school before?" She asked taking her seat as the other students began to arrive. "The government doesn't pay for it, the parents do. So there's more money, so things are nicer." She paused and then added "Try it. It may burn your mouth, then you'll know it's real."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 11:59 PM

"Never been to a private school in my life," Said Nicole, picking up a spoon and spooning mashed potatoes onto her plate. "I've only had mystery meat from my school- which isn't really meat at all. I don't know WHAT it is. It tastes like cardboard though."

She put some vegetables on her plate as well. "But see, I'm kind of a vegetarian...Sort of, like, I try not to eat too much meat, because I feel really bad for the animals, but occasionally I eat meat. I know I sound weird- being half-vegetarian and all," She said, laughing. "But sometimes I just can't resist meat."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-15-2008, 12:06 AM

"That sounds disgusting!" She replied somewhat horrified. "I think there'd be a riot if anyone ever tried to feed me something like that. I need to know what I'm eating...and that it's actually edible." She winced and added food to her plate. Something wizzed past their heads towards another student. Charlie barely seemed to notice.

"Not really. Sometimes you eat it, sometimes you don't. Most people are like that." She shrugged.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 12:10 AM

Nicole was so startled that something wizzed by, that she almost knocked her plate to the floor. "I take it that things like that happen often?" She asked, putting some more things on her plate and taking a bite, falling in love with the food instantly.

"The food...It's fantastic!" She exclaimed through a full mouth. She swallowed before continuing, "And yeah, the mystery meat cardboard WAS disturbing, which is why most of the time I packed a lunch. I also know of one girl who found a fingernail in her macaroni and cheese cup."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-15-2008, 12:16 AM

Charlie nodded "Yeah. You're encouraged to use your powers in everyday activities. They're as much a part of you as your hands." She shrugged.

Looking startled at that last comment "I'd report them to the health board if I was you. That has to be like...violating some sort of code?" She shuddered "I am never ever going to a public school, nor sending my kids to one."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 12:20 AM

"Oh, it was reported, but my school was really good at hiding anything bad as soon as the health department came. They saw no reason to charge the school. There were rumours of bribery, too. But you know in public school, rumours can get way out of hand," She shook her head slowly. "This place seems so much better, though. I love it already."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-15-2008, 12:23 AM

"In my last school it wouldn't matter if they found anything, the rumour of it would be enough to have half the students pulled out instantly." She told Nicole and there's was something in the way she spoke that had to be taken seriously. "You're last school sounds aweful!" She reached out and placed a hand on Nicoles arm "It's safe here, don't worry." She said reassuringly.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 12:27 AM

Nicole laughed, smiling. "It wasn't too horrible. I had a couple of friends, and everything was alright until my powers came about, then everyone just kind of...Stayed away. But otherwise, the school was alright."

"To be honest, I never really saw myself the private school type, y'know? It always seems so structured, and full of rules. With public school, you can pretty much get away with whatever you want."

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-15-2008, 12:31 AM

Charlie smiled devilishly "Not true my friend, although we have a lot of rules, we're also the ones paying their wages. If we're not happy they get a pay cut. Therefore our teachers strive to keep us happy and our parents happy." She poured herself some orange juice. "What's going to happen to a public school? Very little by way of repercussion aparently."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 12:36 AM

"You make valid point, and this place doesn't seem very strict. I guess I'm just speaking of stereotypical boarding schools, y'know, ones where you wear uniforms, have to be in bed at strictly 8 PM, etcetera," She said, also pouring herself something to drink.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-15-2008, 12:39 AM

"I wore a uniform at my old school, but I don't know any that have an 8pm bedtime that are for anyone over the age of 11." She replied quietly. "We had a half nine bedtime."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 01:57 AM

For a few moments, Nicole said nothing, wanting to enjoy the food. She reached forward for the salt, but when she did, an energy ball short from her hand, hitting the salt shaker with such force that the glass shattered. Nicole ducked to avoid any shards of glass.

Slowly, she looked up, seeing everyone staring at her. "Err, are you okay, Charlie?" She asked nervously. "That doesn't happen very often, does it?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-15-2008, 02:00 AM

Charlie shrugged "I suppose none of you have ever accidently broken anything huh?" Charlie posed the question and slowly the gazes averted "It usually happens at the beginning of the year is all. Not midway through." She explained softly "Don't worry about it."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 02:04 AM

"Maybe next time I should aim for the meat and have my mouth ready to catch it," She said, laughing. She looked down at her plate to see shards of glass in it. "Well, I guess it's a good thing I didn't want seconds," She said, shrugging. "I'm sorry if any got in yours!" She frowned at the thought.
"What do we do with out plates, though?"

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-15-2008, 02:07 AM

Charlie shook her head. "It's fine." She reassured. "Warn me next time though so I can be sure to protect my food." She winked. "Once everyone has finished you pass the plates down to the end of the table and then desert is served."

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 02:14 AM

"Desert?!" Nicole asked, going wide-eyed. "There's desert too? Wow. If the desert's half as good as the main dinner, this place is already heaven on earth," She exclaimed.
"Alright everyone, hurry and finish eating, I want desert, darnit!" She shouted, loud enough for everyone to hear, but not too loud to sound like like a psychotic weirdo.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...

Old 02-15-2008, 02:16 AM

Charlie laughed. "You really are easy to please." She smiled "I really do wonder about your last school." But she finished her meal and laid her knife and fork neatly beside each other on the plate. The once everyone elses plates began being passed down she added hers to the line.

Furious
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-15-2008, 02:30 AM

Nicole ushered for the plates to go faster, eager for desert to be brought in. "Come on people, faster, faster!" She said quickly, adding her to the line of plates being passed down.
"I wants me some desert!"