Naeru
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-03-2008, 09:29 PM

the site's grown a lot over the year.. sooner or later something's gotta give.
Good example is gaia's sealed envelope prices o-o

Chidori
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 06-03-2008, 10:20 PM

I am surprised also at the slippers prises. They went up a lot in such a short while .

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 PM

I think slippers went up because a lot of new people have joined the site, and they're one of those "must have items" because they're cute. XDDD

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-03-2008, 10:29 PM

Chidori: I am surprised at those also!

I always knew they would be a hit, but the prices have gotten to be to much.
They are cute and all, but I mean, come on.

I wish I would have gotten those panda ones when they came out. ;-;
They never again will be 300. *good times*

Kira Bella
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via Yahoo to Kira Bella

Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Gaia has a reason to have such price risings though. It sold out so much.. I admired it in its early days but now I try to stay away from it.. It seems .. corrupted.

But Mene is growing. I mean, in the 6 months I was gone, the post count rose like a rocket, along with the amount of new users. So I guess that price rises are understandable. I just wish that people would be content with 500g for a set. That was an easy amount to earn. As long as you put your mind to it, and posted posts that actually mattered.

(Chidori, your gold makes me drool... And I thought I was cool with 30k >.<;;)

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-03-2008, 10:33 PM

Kira: I know what you mean.
I was gone for a while, only to log on once a day to see if anything came out of if there were events, and really, it changed so much.

Jennifer
High fives are pretty great!

Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 AM

Guh, I sold my June Sets for a bit more because I work darn hard for my money irl. I mean, a low paying job for someone is about $5 an hour. You think people feel good working for so long making that much money...and then donating it to a site to get pixels? That's why some people rather keep their money, it's valubale. Well...since the US dollar is basically becoming useless now with prices skyrocketing irl. Anyways, for $2.5O an item, of course I'm going to expect at least 4OOG; 8OOG a set. ESPEICALLY with games being so easy to win and get gold from. I timed how long it takes me to get 5OG on Tetris, it was less than two minutes! It's just really easy for me, so it's going to be easy for others to get so much gold in so little time as well. I'm not saying EVERYONE, but most people. So ahem...just wanted to give my point of view on that.

Intoxicate
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Intoxicate

Old 06-04-2008, 02:35 AM

Yeah, the whole slippers thing:
I joined in approximately March, and they were 2k. Now, they're already 8k+... ridiculous. owo;

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 06-04-2008, 07:22 AM

Ah... another thread to stalk~ >W<;;

M i r o
Comatose

Old 06-04-2008, 03:57 PM

Well that reason.
And I think its the fact that people are realizing that they shouldn't waste IRL money for fake items for currency too, it depends on who has the money to spend to donate.
That and the US dollar is more in demand since the gas prices/food prices have raised dramatically.
Which will effect the whole avatar economy here...since this site lives on donations to keep updated.
And yes, I agree too its the fact that people make so much money that they don't see the reason in selling any CI sets.

@ Bbr// I used to keep up with you too when you bought CI sets. :yes:

Towards the 20-50 thing, Minuxe said it for me. xD
I meant selling the CI set to different individuals at a cheap price and after they hit their limit weeding out the people who do have sets and the mules, they close shop. It wouldn't increase any gold rate, it'd lower it. And damage those inflater's for trying to earn a quicker buck with it.

Right now, I think we're going to be seeing CIs sold for 1,000 gold and ^.
And probably a lot of work will have to be put in place to try and make the economy less shitty.
I'm surprised Gaia is still alive with all its problems and set-backs, but since they roll in more money than Mene does for program support, they thrive. :rofl:
But yeah, Rares that were a month ago or later will increase probably to 20,000 a piece in the long run and even event items will probably go up dramatically too. I saw 1-2 people selling the new ones for 800g a set...

Although, currency earners like art shoppers and etc, have nothing to do with the discussion right now so...yeah. xDD (I'm talking about them earning gold, etc/other.) <- I'm not trying to be mean or anything. oo;

I just think having a marketplace is a slightly good idea but still a bad idea. It has its pros and cons if I do say so myself...but I just don't know anymore. :no:
Which is why I stay away from the Exchange unless I want to sell something 50% or 60% off in my own exchange of commons or until CIs come out...but I haven't been able to get a May set or a June set so far.
So I'm thinking of just giving up on buying anymore in the future since its becoming agitating.

Last edited by M i r o; 06-04-2008 at 04:07 PM.. Reason: ledited cause its looonnggg @3@;

Eroy
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-04-2008, 04:27 PM

http://www.menewsha.com/forum/blog.php?b=977 :ninja:

Last edited by Eroy; 06-04-2008 at 04:34 PM..

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 PM

Last month was a good example of the prices being 800g per set. I put 20 sets up for sale. You know that I never posted for my junes the first 6 days I sold them. People started offering me 800g from the start for a set. So I sold them at 800g. Same happened this month. It was the consumer requesting it. If the consumer stops offering high. The sellers will stop selling high. Or they will be stingy and hold onto them til they sell for their requested price.

Price rise is normal. Though recently has shocked me alot. It is only very popular items that have been on the rise. Some more than others. Example is the Cloak of healing is a liked item among people. However it has gone up very little compared to the Aug 07 masks and the Oct 07 slippers. Though with the rise of the smaller items. Of course the items being offered for older items such as the Vday 07/St Pattys 07/Mar 07 sets/items will go up according to what is offered on them.

The more people that come in the more the prices will go up. That is natural when you have people bidding against each other for items. Like the carnival pin. When the MPG said 1250g(?) There was a bidding war that pushed PB's pin to 2200g. Shortly after that there was another bidding war that went up to 2000g. Now people have been offering 2500-2750g for starter offers and pins have been selling for 3000g. The more the people want items the more they will go up. Best thing to do to counter-act it would be to not offer so high. Wait for the next one to come out. I mean when the Pot of Gold was 14k Hina was offering 17.5k. Now she is offering 23.5k last a checked a week ago. Inflation is inevitable, but it can be slowed down as long as people do not get impatient with wanting items.

Caroline
stay gold

Old 06-05-2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroy View Post
omfg. <3

I'll have to liquidate my inventory of useless junk soon. XD

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 06-05-2008, 04:50 AM

With the slippers I bought my SET for 200g. o.o;
I was so surprised when I saw the price each one is now. I don't keep up on exchange that often.
I don't think I'll ever get the queens crown now. Waaay to expensive.

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 06-05-2008, 11:48 AM

I would agree to a marketplace, but only for commons...
If the commons were sold and dealt with separately from the rares, it would be easier to locate the people who are actually selling the rares, thus taking less time finding sellers, leading to less desperation, and less artificial inflation caused by desperate buyers who offer way too much just because they have been looking for a seller for ages...

I also thing it would be good to put a cap on the gold you can earn from the games, 'cause the way it is now is practically outrageous....
When fishing comes back, we'll get 200 gold from that as well, daily.... I say set the cap to 300 on the new games a day, that way (with fishing) it'll be 500 gold a day from games, which is more than enough...
It would bring back some of the now lacking community sense as well...

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 06-05-2008, 12:13 PM

I don't agree on the fishing game thing. And I think that that game will not be back soon. That is just my guess. And the gold from the games are already capped in my opinion. Also have to look how good you are at the games too.

And I don't think that separately people selling rares and people with commons will help much. inflation is not actually a desperation-and-pay-more thing in my opinion. It all leads down to demand and supply. Less supply, more demand, that creates inflation because people fight for the items and pay more with each bid.

Oh well. Ignore my blabbing

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 06-05-2008, 12:25 PM

Firstly, the games aren't capped, because if you play all day, you can make as much gold as you can play, and that's a LOT (500 per game per day, I heard, meaning 2500 in one day. I spent a month getting my first 1000 when I started being active) Also, people generally are good at the games, as they're not very hard. They're your basic internet game, and everyone has skills at at least one of them (mine's Tetris, I'm not exceptionally good, but I get 50 gold without too much trouble). Also, although fishing will not be back for a while, it will be back, and that's 100-200 gold more every day. No denying that.
500 from games in a day is more than enough, I say. We don't need all that cash!

And I'm not saying that the "desparation and pay more" thing is all that's causing inflation, but it would help if there was less desperation. Every little step counts, right? And putting all the rares into a marketplace is not a good idea in my book, both because rich people can hoard without trouble, and after seeing how the marketplace has affected places like Gaia, I think it ruins much of the community part of an avatar community, leaving only avatars and money. Superficial stuff like looks and cash. Not my ideal society, and a society is exactly what Menewsha is.

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 PM

Ah... I do see your point.
and yes... I do play tetris and get 50g without trouble. If fishing will be back (I still doubt it will be back though...) then yes, that gold will also cause a little more inflation. ^^;

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-05-2008, 01:02 PM

Sigh.

Fishing WAS there and there was Chance as well, from which I gained more gold.

I really, really don't think the golds are the main cause, honestly. The games aren't making the item numbers decrease.

People offer higher when they can't find items, or when they want them really quickly.

I just don't believe that there are hundreds of people who earn 1k++ a day from games. Yes, I believe there are some but don't think they're a majority.

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 06-05-2008, 01:11 PM

Not a majority, but still alot of people.
I could easily make 1k+ a day.
Again, it's the demand.
When people get more gold, they would spend more, but the amount of items, the supply remains the same. And most people that buy would not (might not) sell it.
so less of the item around the marketplace...

//sigh

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-05-2008, 01:16 PM

I can see how the games effect it too - for example, if I earned enough to buy the new items with games, I would feel no need to sell my extras from before, would I? I understand that.

Still, I think the inflation is mostly natural, due to menewsha's growth and the not-so-natural part is, well, people knowing that the prices will rise and hanging on to their items.

On gaia for example, I knew someone who hoarded slippers when they were 100g each and got 30 or so. Nowadays they are 40mil++.

People who know that the prices will rise, even if not as extremely, don't want to sell before they can make a nice profit off it.

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 06-05-2008, 01:23 PM

yes... in growth wise and such.
Menewsha is growing, and it's normal for inflation to happen.
But I think we could possibly slow it down because right now the inflation is just too much.
Compare to the time i join, I think that menewsha developed alot.
it's inevitable

Lejic
(^._.^)ノ

Old 06-05-2008, 01:27 PM

I think people are trying though. I give away a few of the CIs when I can buy them, M i r o sells items at very low prices, a lot of people sold the CIs at 600g, etc etc. It's just that they're doing it very quietly so I guess people don't notice? 8D;;

sad_girlformat
Undercover Cupcakes

Old 06-05-2008, 01:43 PM

I don't know about miro, but there are people out there that do sell for lower.
But I think that monthly CIs won't deflate back to 600g again... > >;

CLAMP
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-05-2008, 10:28 PM

I agree with sasa on the prices.

Even if there is a cap, the gold is still there, and the prices will stay the same unless some miracle happens, and a group of people try and deflate the prices.