StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 05-29-2015, 04:17 AM

I'll be attending my first anime convention this Wednesday! I'll be going to Dallas' A-Kon, and I'm feeling that nervous kind of excitement. I've never been one for loud, crowded events, but this is one thing I've always wanted to try. I'll be going with my sister and her fiancée, and we'll be going all 4 days. They booked a hotel room and everything *o*
Just today, my sister gave me the basic rundown of what to expect over a skype call. Having social anxiety as I do, she promised not to leave me by myself. It makes me feel a but burdensome, but I appreciate it. I'm going to try to focus on having a good time!

onsenmark
Walküre ga tomaranai!
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to onsenmark Send a message via Yahoo to onsenmark

Old 05-29-2015, 04:59 AM

YOU CAN DOO EET

Actually, going to cons helped me get out of my shell a little more, so there's no reason it can't do the same for you. If anything, it'll give you some good stories to tell.

StarDustDreamer
Bathed in Beautiful cinders!

Old 05-29-2015, 07:41 AM

Yeah, that's what my sister told me. I'm still a little nervous about it, but I'm sure it'll be long forgotten once I get there c:

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 05-30-2015, 06:00 PM

Yay! Have fun at the con. :)

I find that I'm usually super anxious right before a con, sometimes to the point where I don't want to go in once we arrive, but then once I get there, it's a lot of fun. I love to cosplay and I enjoy being that person that people ask for pictures. I love having my picture taken. I also enjoy when people like the hard work I've done on costumes.

I've never been to an anime con. So I don't know how those work, but I know at comicons there are tons of comics that you can get really, really cheap, so I always enjoy browsing through the comic boxes and picking out tons of comics that I love.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 06-06-2015, 01:37 AM

My younger half-siblings went to that con. I think they had a blast--at least I hope they did. They posted a bunch of pictures, anyway.