Turquoise Heart
ᙙᙖ

Old 05-05-2015, 05:44 AM

what's you best methods for hair removal ? Have you tryed sugaring waxing once you get the recipe right for sugaring it works well ....the struggle share your thoughts an method

Last edited by Turquoise Heart; 04-08-2017 at 09:12 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-12-2015, 09:53 PM

I used depilatory creams back as a wee Cherry, when I first started hair removal... it burned through my skin. So I've just been shaving with regular ol' women's razors since.

... Until one day I found myself at my boyfriend's place for the weekend with some mighty hairy legs, a cute dress to wear, and my razor quite far away at home. My boyfriend offered me a razor of his that he was done with, warning me that it was "old and dull" and that it may not work so well. Bracing myself for nicks and razor burns, I tried it... and got the closest shave I've ever had. Out of a razor that had already been used for quite some time. So, alright, everything they tell you about men's razors being better is true afterall. It's months later and I'm still using that razor and it still gives me amazingly silky legs.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 05-13-2015, 10:01 PM

Cherry, what brand/kind of razor is that?? It sounds great.

Razors can be expensive. I recently started using a Venus one (I've always used disposable men's Gilette razors) and I haven't cut myself with it so far. However, the heads are really expensive and you only get 3 or 4 in a pack! So last time, I got the disposable version of the same razors, and they don't last as long at all.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-13-2015, 11:06 PM

Gillette Fusion, I think. Nothing really top-dollar or schmancy, just the typical men's razor you could pick up at any drugstore.

Venus is what I used to always get. Now I'm convinced they're shit. Which is so frustrating because they're made by the same brand as the razors my boyfriend gets! They know how to make razors! They just make them vastly inferior if it has a pink handle. Because reasons.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-14-2015, 05:38 AM

^ Then there's the so called "Pink Tax" on items for ladies...making things more expensive compared to the male equivalent just cause they're colored or marketed for us.

Oh and I shave all the way. I found that the depilatory creams just smelled horrid and really didn't work all that well.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-15-2015, 01:55 AM

Yep! I was considering bringing up the pink tax. I haven't personally compared the price of my old razors vs. the ones my boyfriend gets, though. But for me they're essentially free, as they're still fantastic for me long after my boyfriend has deemed them "very dull" for his apparently delicate face.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-16-2015, 05:24 AM

After years of no shaving, I'm having a shaving period again. I've been getting cheap two-blade razors since I wasn't sure how long this would keep up, but I think I need to upgrade to at least three blades if I'm going to carry on. I like shaving well enough for my legs and pits, but for my bikini line, shaving is an absolute no-no. So itchy!

I've been thinking about waxing there instead, but I've never waxed before and I'm nervous about it.

serena yuy
Cat Whisperer
Send a message via AIM to serena yuy Send a message via MSN to serena yuy

Old 05-17-2015, 02:50 AM

I've tried many methods. I shaved when I was younger when I started having to shave... I have always nicked myself. For awhile they were crap razors. Then I had those freaking razors with the soap crap around the blades... Oh I am never getting those again (my mom bought them for us... hated them)
I now use the more expensive lady razors because I don't nick myself too bad usually. Unlike the cheap $2 bag of 10 razors we also have at home where I slice my leg open (I've done it before... 2-3 times... Doesn't help when I have to shower in a shower stall without anywhere to put my leg without having water spraying on it and washing the cream off my leg.

Then I've tried wax strips... Didn't work too well... Didn't catch all the hair, still had some hairs on there that were too small, legs weren't silky smooth and they were messy.. too sticky and showering afterwards took forver to get that crap off.

I usually only use the nair cream/foam to remove hair at the beginning of the summer because I don't really shave my legs much in the winter, so they do work getting the hair off when I have a fur pelt on my legs.

I have used a guy's razor before. If I didn't have my razor with me when I stay with the bf, I've had to borrow one of his razors. They work pretty good, and his razors aren't too expensive (stupid pink tax).

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 05-17-2015, 05:14 AM

I've never tried waxing before, but I am curious about sugar waxing. I'm just not too sure how the process goes and if it's complicated.

I tweeze my eyebrows and shave everything else. I just use soap and water with cheap razors to shave and have no problems other than the stubble coming back too soon. I typically shave every other day to keep stubble at bay.

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 05-17-2015, 06:17 PM

Sugar wax you put on wait for it to dry and rub it off.

I always used to use electic shavers because I didn't have the time to mess around with all that shave gel and what not. I've shaved, buffed, waxed, used hair removal cream and epilator. With waxing never use baby oil to get the excess wax off if you're home waxing, it's an accident waiting to happen. It might say use baby oil and cotton wool to get off excess wax but the cotton wool gets stuck to the wax and you end up sliding round when you go to wash the baby oil off.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 05-20-2015, 08:39 PM

I feel like I have to explore this avenue of sugar wax. It sounds .... deliciousinteresting. I just use razors, although I want to get some basic two-blade razors because I feel like they'll do a better job for whatever reason.
I think I tried .... Nair? when I was younger. It was an experience. I'm just not patient enough to do all that when I can just shave it off. I don't shave my legs very often since I usually wear pants and when I do find myself wearing leg-showing garments more often, I still only shave when it gets noticeable. Maybe once or twice a week if I'm trying to maintain any shaved look or something.

Turquoise Heart
ᙙᙖ

Old 05-21-2015, 03:11 AM

Mostly I use razors for my legs and just ivory soap shaving creams have to many chemicals sure the soap does to but I have less to no razor bumps when I use soap
Sugar waxing works well if have the time and can get the recipe right ect there's videos on how to do all that
For my eye brows I tweeze I did however tryed sugar wax on the annoying hairs between the brows and it worked doesn't grow back as fast

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 05-21-2015, 02:14 PM

I shave, but not often, since I wear pants ALL OF THE TIME.
For my eyebrows, tweezing takes way too long, so I end up shaving the strays.
xD
I've tried waxing, too painful.
I've tried threading. Too hard and painful.
I dislike shaving, because I keep nicking, and I am upset.
Stupid pink tax. I might just have to try men's razors to see if they work better.
They probably do.

MousyGrrl
blarg im dead
Banned

Old 05-22-2015, 06:39 AM

I get better results with the single-blade, cheap, yellow, plastic razors from the dollar store than I ever have from the expensive, multi-bladed ones with the rubber grips, and so forth. They're easier to rinse completely clean (no hairs get stuck in between the blades to chafe at me), cheap, can deal with thick, coarse hair (like mine), but are safe enough for my skin (which breaks out easily). Funny, I tried the ones for sensitive skin, and they tore me up. The cheap, plain razors just seem to be better all around.

For a while (before someone stole it) I was actually using a nice, chromed-metal safety razor (the old-fashioned kind), with the double-edged blades, and it was the best razor I'd ever used in my life. Closest shave, relatively safe (if you're careful, lol), and the blades last forever if you treat them right. I should try to get another one, it was awesome.

As far as shave gel and stuff goes, I usually just use some body wash or shampoo; it lathers enough, it keeps the razor from dragging on my skin, and it doesn't cost an extra several dollars. XD

Last edited by MousyGrrl; 05-22-2015 at 06:41 AM..