Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 08-13-2015, 12:38 PM

So I wound up sliding the bone in my neck a bit out of place, by very little, and that VERY little hurts like hell. This is the second time I've done this in two years. I'm going to try a few things to get it to stop hurting, already took tylonel extra strength 500 mg = 1 pill and I took two so it would be better to work soon. I have to sit up straight and stand straight which means I am wearing my waist cincher I use as a corset (I do not use it to get thinner, I do not need to get thinner)

But yea any advice not involving bending my head down would be great. Last night was hell trying to sleep through the pain.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 08-14-2015, 10:31 PM

Honestly, it sounds like you just need to see a chiropractor. Your spine, especially your neck, is nothing to fool around with and try to ignore problems with. It's a very delicate, integral area and the sooner you get it fixed, the better. Don't try to massage it too much either - that can make it worse (applies to necks, not backs).

Until you can see a chiropractor, I would just suggest as much support for your neck as possible. Get one of those lil pillows that wraps around your neck...
Click on thumbnail for full view
for when you're upright. Make sure it's good and firm - too squishy and it won't give you the support you need. For sleeping, make sure your pillow is supporting your neck plenty. If you're a side sleeper, you'll need much more support than if you're a back sleeper. Quick fix, bunch your pillow up a little under your neck. Longer term, get a contoured memory foam pillow

The fat side goes under your neck (not your head, that will just make it worse) if you're a side sleeper. The thinner side goes under it if you're a back sleeper.

Short term, naproxen sodium (aleve) is a much more effective pain killer than Tylenol. However, this stuff is very harsh on the stomach. So don't take it regularly for more than a few days to a week (the bottle should say the maximum amount of time you can take regular doses of it). Very serious about that. I know a woman whose mother died from taking that stuff regularly for a very long time - it ate through her stomach. It's totally safe for occasional and short-term use though. Just don't be taking it daily for years and years.

Zollie
Bored and exhausted

Old 08-14-2015, 11:12 PM

I have that blue pillow actually and i put ice on it all day yesturday (which felt like heaven and made the swelling go down) Then I took the tylonel since that was all i had in the house, 500mg a pill which helped.

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-14-2015, 04:57 PM

I hope your neck is feeling better!

I live with chronic neck pain....
When my exhusband's mom (who was a paraplegic) was going through cancer treatment, I had to lift her into and out of the van and into and out of her wheelchair....and she would put her arm around my neck....applying pressure to my spine....
Plus...my adult disabled daughter does the same thing when I lift her...
Doc says that I malformed disc in my neck...and I will develop arthritis there eventually.

You should prolly have a doc check ya out if this occurs often.