ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 AM

(Aye. I gave you a pretty strange object, so I understand. And, sure, they can have basketball. I don't believe there are any limitations to this story [nothing too modern, obviously].)

"So what?" replied Darion to Tim. "Now we've got ourselves a spikey basketball that floats in water yet goes nowhere even when surrounded by a riptide? What good does it do us beyond being strange, trippy, prettily colored, and having a name that sounds like somebody hocking a loogie," asked the wizard.

Tim, still holding the ball, turned and smacked his head against a nearby tree three times before groaning and saying to Darion: "the point, ye missed it."

Darion stood flabbergasted, "and what point would that be," he questioned.

Tim walked over to the silver haired man, held the Achlardn by one of its tendrils and then swung it up and whacked it over Darion's head before spinning about and moving in the direction they had been going before Darion had tripped over the ball. He mumbled: "does the idget seriously think tha' the prince wuld 'ave stayed alive for five hundred years withou' somethin' ta keep him young?" He paused in his steps to let Darion catch up before he muttered, "Moron," just loud enough for the man to hear. . .

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 02-24-2010 at 09:37 PM..

Turtle Kid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-26-2010, 01:39 AM

(Cool.)

Darion scowled. "I didn't expect to find the prince alive at all! I was hoping to maybe find one of his descendents!' He thought about what he said and ammended, "Assuming he had any."

Tim shrugged. "Well, if we c'n figure oot how ta open this, maybe we can find our prince."

Darion wrinkled his large nose and furrowed his eyebrows. "But you said these things were made thousands of years ago. Anyone could be in here! Who's to say it would be the prince? And how many people can fit in there, anyways?"

Tim sighed and wondered why he was traveling with such an stupid man. "The odds of it happenin' are low, I'll grant you. But for the past few days we've just been sleeping, eating, and running in whichever direction we're facin'. All we c'n do is open this and find oot." Then he considered Darion's question. "And I've never heard of a limit to how many people can fit into an Achlardn. . . .

ElysiumFate

Old 02-28-2010, 06:29 AM

(I can't read Achlardn without crumpling in laughter, lol. Love it.)

*New Chapter*

Semele shrugged and disappeared into the underbrush with a flash of purple and a snarky laugh. As her body transferred realms (from "human" to fairy) she heard Darion cursing her existence, and she smiled, feeling victorious.

As she made her way into the realm, she looked about and sighed in contentment. She took a deep breath of the fairy air, and gazed up at the iridescent purple sky that marked the place as Lagorfia, "the home of unknown things." She then wiggled her toes in the lush green grass, and sat down, leaning back on her elbows. Semele admired the two orbs in the sky. One being a moon and one a sun, with the latter overlapping the first slightly, signifying daytime (at night the moon took the place of the sun and changed light to darkness).

The fairy woman lay there for two hours, listening to the leaves on the trees sing in the gentle breeze, and watching the tiny sprites flutter around, going about their days. Eventually, she stretched out her voluptuous body, stood with a yawn, and walked down the path towards the Seelie court that was nestled in the valley of Nimagh which was, in turn, nestled in the Kcorian mountain range.

As she neared Nimagh she began to hear the sound of tiny whispers fluctuating in the air around her body, all of said whispers were asking some variant of the question, "Do ye think she got it?" She walked on a few more paces and then, annoyed, lashed out by yelling, "what do all you vagabond trolls want?" at the top of her lungs.

A gnarled looking, four-foot-tall, brown-colored man popped out of thin air and replied, "Nice to see ye 'ome, princess."

Semele snarled, "One: quit sucking up, twit. Two, you know that's not what you were saying. And three: the old bat's still breathing is she?" and kept moving in the direction of Nimagh.

"I'm no sucking up," replied the troll, "and tha's no way to talk about yer mother."

"Says the one that calls her a raucous, crazy, old nymph every time he gets."

"Point made." He paused and then asked, eyes darting about, "did ye get it?" At that moment ten more trolls popped into existence, echoed the question, then leaned in towards Semele, their large, googly eyes piercing. . .

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 02-28-2010 at 11:29 PM..

Turtle Kid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-02-2010, 03:47 AM

(Thanks! Also, are the Troll's accents Irish, too?)

Semele rolled her eyes and pulled up her sleeve very slightly, revealing a thick black line wrapped around her left wrist shortly followed by swirling, circular patters that almost seemed to glow. The trolls looked hungry, and many actually started to reach out, but she pulled down her sleeves again and said, "If there's no more questions. . . ." before glaring.

The lead troll almost bared his teeth before catching himself, although a few of his underlings did not have his presence of mind. He gestured towards where Selene was walking. "Yer mother's waitin'." She walked away with troll eyes boring into her back.

To get to the Seelie court one had to pass through the marketplace in Nimagh. Semele walked through with her head held high, even as the more sensitive people turned towards her and stared. She wasn't too worried--not many had the power to kill her, and if someone managed it, somehow, it was doubtful they'd be able to use such power. . . .

Last edited by Turtle Kid; 03-03-2010 at 05:01 AM..

ElysiumFate

Old 03-02-2010, 05:24 AM

(Yes, they do have Irish accents, however I picture them as not being as severe as Tim's. Tim's is like he just drank two pints of ale, and the trolls accents are more clear)

. . .for fear of being either destroyed by it or just being plain chicken.

Why any member of the Seelie court would be stupid enough to even attempt to assassinate Semele was questionable in the first place, and beyond that: it was not the Seelie court that the princess had to worry about.

As in all stories of faerie, it was the Unseelie court that posed a threat to the kingdom of light, and it was members of the Unseelie court that were the only fey in existence that could match Semele's strength and prowess. This phenomenon had come about only recently, and disturbed many, being that the dark court had remained "out of the light" for nigh on ten thousand years until their sudden reappearance as a superpower in Lagorfia.

Semele continued to walk through the market, keeping an eye out for a flash of black hair that matched her own--black hair symbolized Unseelie blood and it was a well known controversy that the princess of the light court had darkie blood in her veins--pretending to be indifferent to her surroundings. Not that many Unseelie trash would dare to walk around without a glamour to hide their appearance...she knew only of one.

After another half hour of walking she finally approached the gates of the Seelie court's stronghold. It was both beautiful and menacing at the same time. . .

Turtle Kid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-03-2010, 05:53 AM

(Thanks! Also, is Lagorfia in the "human" realm or the fairy realm?)

. . . made of a shiny yellow metal (known as Hggrrptthmpul, but that was a mouthful to everyone but those with dwarf blood) with two stone guardians on either side. One was a rather pretty male (only known to actually be male because of his lack of clothing) with high cheekbones, long eyelashes, and slender fingers. The other was a rather ugly female (also sans clothes) with drooping folded skin, an underbite due to large lower tusks, and a hunched back. Both had expressions full of serenity and love, and it made the female look not-so-ugly as she could have been while the male was simply god-like in countenance. Protection runes were carved into their eyes instead of pupils, and each held a sword and shield in their hands. These guardians were said to be so old that they had become self-aware. Some believed that they'd actually come alive during the last war with the Unseelie in order to smite down those dwelling in the darkness, but Semele wasn't sure how true such a thing could be. After all, the Unseelie court also had two guardians made at the exact same time, and if theirs woke up it would be likely that the other pair would wake up, too, and then they'd all fight each other, basically nullifying any advantage the Seelie court might gain.

The walls on either side of the guardians were white stone (also with a difficult-to-pronounce Dwarfish name) with guard towers every so often that had bells made of Hggrrptthmpul inside. Flowery green vines with nasty little spikes flowed all over the sides, and on top were short spikes in the shape of feet and hands. There was also a legend about them. . . . In fact, almost everything in or around the stronghold had some sort of story attached to it. Semele knew them all, having grown up here, and most were bloody and horrific. It was a wonder the Seelie court was considered light at all, sometimes.

And then she'd hear about something someone from the Unseelie court had done, and she'd realize it was because the Seelie court always had a reason for the things it did, and did not destroy for destruction's sake . . .

(. . . Did I do too much setting explanation, do you think?)

ElysiumFate

Old 03-04-2010, 02:50 AM

(Nah. You didn't do too much explanation. My last couple of posts have been nothing but ^_^. Good story telling has chapters worth of description. And, Lagorfia is in the faerie realm.)

. . .as was the reasoning behind the two court's hatred of each other.

The Unseelie made a game of killing. It made no difference what gender, what age, or what race. The sight of things in their death throes was unbelievably hilarious to the darkies. They would steal away members of the Seelie court and return them a month later as unrecognizable corpses.

Semele stopped abruptly when she was twenty feet away from the stronghold and braced herself as the twenty or so trolls that had been trailing her ran into her back in a sort of domino effect--the one that had talked to her ran into her first and the rest ran into him in a line until they all fell backwards on top of each other. Semele shook her head, looked back at the pile of trolls, rubbed her temples and then looked upwards.

She scanned the top of the towers for a few minutes, attempting to see the face of a gate-watcher through the glare of Lagorfia's sun. Seeing no one, she placed her hands on her hips, sighed, then shouted, "is there anyone there? Really? It's hot out here!" No one replied, and from the corner of her eye she could swear that the woman guardian statue had winked and smiled at her. Semele muttered, "damn guards," and spun about and took a step forward, expecting to grab a troll and use it as an outlet for her annoyance (everyone in Lagorfia hated trolls, so a little troll violence was rarely looked down upon). She did not see any trolls, however, and her unfortunate step forward led her to run smack-dab into the hard chest of a man with, straight, shoulder-length, raven's wing black hair, and moon-white skin.

She muttered, "shit," against the man's shirt, straightened her shoulders and took a step backwards so that she could turn her head up the inch it took to look into his eyes. The man smiled, his teeth like diamonds in the light and his left eyebrow rose in a question. . .

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 03-04-2010 at 03:54 AM..

Turtle Kid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-09-2010, 06:41 PM

(Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I've been so busy I kept forgetting I hadn't added to this yet! I know it's no excuse, but that is my reason.)

Semele grumbled, "What are you doing here?"

The man lowered his eyebrow and smiled wider. "I'm letting you in."

"How can you when you're out here?" she snarked. The man bowed his head and waved his hands. The doors creaked open, causing Semele to stare before frowning. "You're not really out here," she concluded.

"Of course not," said the man, flashing her a sparkly smile. "I'm talking politics with the rest of the council."

Semele almost froze, but managed to keep herself going with just a slight hitch in her step. "Ah. . . . So, the rest of the council is here?"

"Only half," the man replied, gazing at her. "You know . . . I'm not really here, but even this construct can feel something different about you . . .

ElysiumFate

Old 03-09-2010, 11:22 PM

(I'm just glad somebody literate, besides me, adds to this at all. ^_^)

Semele, of all people, blushed in response to this, and tensed her body so that her hands did not fling immediately to the places on her arms now traced with black, tattoo-like, swirls underneath the sleeves of her purple, saran wrap dress. She did, however, put one hand to her forehead in an attempt to cover said blush, but it was too late. The man had seen.

"Oooh, Seme!" he pronounced the nickname as "Say-may" and proceeded to move a bit closer to her. "How sweet to see color in those cheeks," he said, and leaned his head down closer to hers so that their black hair intertwined.

Semele remained tensed, doing her damnedest to keep from showing any emotion. She started to back towards the now open gates of Lagorfia's stronghold, but the man followed her step for step whilst moving his head down closer to hers with every moment (he was about six inches taller than Semele). He was about to steal a kiss from her when he suddenly lost control of his astral projection, stood up straight as a board, pointed his arm out and whipped his head in the direction opposite of Semele.

"That's f****** wrong and you know it, you interminable bastard!" his face twisted into a mask of fury as he forgot about the fact that he was still projecting at the moment.

Semele cracked up and hunched over, returning to her, normal, confident self, and covered her mouth.

The man continued to rant at the air, screaming, "The Unseelie Court was not responsible for that specific abomination."

Semele stopped instantly and looked up at the astral projection of her betrothed, her brow furrowing in a worried interest. . .

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 03-10-2010 at 01:06 AM..

kimichan84
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-17-2010, 04:00 PM

He watched from his perch hunched up as the two beings talked. Their words were strange to his ears. He tried to make sense of their speech, but it resembled none of the languages he knew. They moved toward the stronghold. He followed them and listened closely. Lithe form slipping out of the tree with practiced ease.

To most he resembled a very young human child, until they came closer and saw. His slender hands and fingers ended in sharp clawed nails, from beneath the tattered and far too big shirt a long fur covered tail protruded, eyes slanted with slid pupils, set of sharp fangs filling his mouth and finally, though one had to look closely to find them; a pair of fur covered tiny pointed ears that went mostly hidden in the messy mop of hair he sported.

"...responsible for that specific abomination." He flinched at the angered tone. That last word was a familiar one. He flattened his lithe body against the ground, ears flat against his head. The others had called him that. Most as they threw whatever was conveniently on hand at him. He let out a low hissing sound in warning as the female being stepped a little too close to his hiding spot. Despite his own fear he attempted to look threatening and dangerous, though he'd long ago come to find that when you resemble a human toddler with cat parts it is very difficult to aspire fear upon a being far taller then yourself.

OOC: I decided to add to the story by throwing in a little character. ^^

ElysiumFate

Old 03-17-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimichan84 View Post
He watched from his perch hunched up as the two beings talked. Their words were strange to his ears. He tried to make sense of their speech, but it resembled none of the languages he knew. They moved toward the stronghold. He followed them and listened closely. Lithe form slipping out of the tree with practiced ease.

To most he resembled a very young human child, until they came closer and saw. His slender hands and fingers ended in sharp clawed nails, from beneath the tattered and far too big shirt a long fur covered tail protruded, eyes slanted with slid pupils, set of sharp fangs filling his mouth and finally, though one had to look closely to find them; a pair of fur covered tiny pointed ears that went mostly hidden in the messy mop of hair he sported.

"...responsible for that specific abomination." He flinched at the angered tone. That last word was a familiar one. He flattened his lithe body against the ground, ears flat against his head. The others had called him that. Most as they threw whatever was conveniently on hand at him. He let out a low hissing sound in warning as the female being stepped a little too close to his hiding spot. Despite his own fear he attempted to look threatening and dangerous, though he'd long ago come to find that when you resemble a human toddler with cat parts it is very difficult to aspire fear upon a being far taller then yourself.

OOC: I decided to add to the story by throwing in a little character. ^^
This story has been between TurtleKid and I for a few months now...I wish you had asked before you'd added since this is the round robin forum and not just general RPG and these are usually private.

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 03-17-2010 at 08:51 PM..

kimichan84
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Well excuse me...it said to add onto the story on the first page it didn't say it was a private add-on...if it bothers you then ignore the post. No need to get all prissy. If you don't want others to join then you should put private in the title.

Turtle Kid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 PM

(I do not mind the add on in that someone else is adding on, as such. It's just that it seems more like an RPG type thing to add than an addition to a story. It's just odd that the point of view would change so suddenly in the middle of a scene.

Also, Ely, you said earlier that it was an inch for her to look up into his eyes, but he's six inches taller. Does he have a tall head? As in, he looks less human than I thought? If so, did you have any specific kind of creature in mind for him, or was he one you thought up? Also, is he, her betrothed, a part of the Unseelie court?)

. . . before deciding that this was as good a time as any to leave and slipping around the no-longer-smiling man while his attention was elsewhere.

The hall she entered was blindingly white and she averted her eyes as she hurried along. Her shoes clacked on the slab of marble, and she brushed her hands against a tall, wide pillar when she turned the corner. The wards twisted around glowed a light blue before fading back into white and shadows. She snatched her hand back with a grimace and thought, I'd better not touch active runes again.

A few twists and turns and one staircase (where she didn't dare brush her hand along the railing for fear of blue glowing) later she came to a large door, silver with green copper highlights. A kitsune and an aziza stood outside the door guarding those inside. She stopped halfway down the hall to bow (the dress she wore was not very good to curtsey in, as she'd found out) and present herself. "Semele, of the Seelie court, to see her mother, of the Seelie court . . .

ElysiumFate

Old 03-19-2010, 12:51 AM

(Sorry, Kimichan. The guidelines for this forum do suggest that you should ask before adding, though, generally.)

Turtle: I guess that was a strange description... o.O I suppose I just didn't remember what exactly I'd posted beforehand being that our posts have been so far apart lately. He's normal. Just six inches taller than her. Though, theoretically she could have turned her head up an inch and then rolled her eyes up to see into his eyes... *Raises eyebrow* Eh. Kind of a stretch, but you get what I mean.

Also, he is Semele's betrothed and part of the Unseelie court.

(For anyone who may be reading this story beyond us, the order of the last few add ons goes as follows...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate
Semele, of all people, blushed in response to this, and tensed her body so that her hands did not fling immediately to the places on her arms now traced with black, tattoo-like, swirls underneath the sleeves of her purple, saran wrap dress. She did, however, put one hand to her forehead in an attempt to cover said blush, but it was too late. The man had seen.

"Oooh, Seme!" he pronounced the nickname as "Say-may" and proceeded to move a bit closer to her. "How sweet to see color in those cheeks," he said, and leaned his head down closer to hers so that their black hair intertwined.

Semele remained tensed, doing her damnedest to keep from showing any emotion. She started to back towards the now open gates of Lagorfia's stronghold, but the man followed her step for step whilst moving his head down closer to hers with every moment (he was about six inches taller than Semele). He was about to steal a kiss from her when he suddenly lost control of his astral projection, stood up straight as a board, pointed his arm out and whipped his head in the direction opposite of Semele.

"That's f****** wrong and you know it, you interminable bastard!" his face twisted into a mask of fury as he forgot about the fact that he was still projecting at the moment.

Semele cracked up and hunched over, returning to her, normal, confident self, and covered her mouth.

The man continued to rant at the air, screaming, "The Unseelie Court was not responsible for that specific abomination."

Semele stopped instantly and looked up at the astral projection of her betrothed, her brow furrowing in a worried interest. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleKid
. . . before deciding that this was as good a time as any to leave and slipping around the no-longer-smiling man while his attention was elsewhere.

The hall she entered was blindingly white and she averted her eyes as she hurried along. Her shoes clacked on the slab of marble, and she brushed her hands against a tall, wide pillar when she turned the corner. The wards twisted around it glowed a light blue before fading back into white and shadows. She snatched her hand back with a grimace and thought, I'd better not touch active runes again.

A few twists and turns and one staircase (where she didn't dare brush her hand along the railing for fear of blue glowing) later she came to a large door, silver with green copper highlights. A kitsune and an aziza stood outside the door guarding those inside. She stopped halfway down the hall to bow (the dress she wore was not very good to curtsey in, as she'd found out) and present herself. "Semele, of the Seelie court, to see her mother, of the Seelie court . . .
The kitsune (who appeared as a orange fox except for the fact that he stood upright, wore a green silk tunic and pants, and gripped a pudao in his right paw which resembled a hand more than one would expect) turned his gaze upon the princess, swayed his tail back and forth and then sardonically formed a question mark with it.

Semele paid no attention to the kitsune but noticed that the aziza was having a hard time keeping from smiling. She looked him up and down, trying to see if she recognized the African fairy, but she did not and thus turned her attention upon the fox, who still had his tail curled in a question. Suddenly she broke out in a grin, stood up from her curtsy and threw her arms wide in the direction of the kitsune who leant his pudao against the door and bounded towards her on all fours. Semele ran forth in turn and the fox jumped up, knocked Semele to the ground and licked her on the face vigorously.

The woman hugged him to her chest and then sat up, pushing the eager kitsune away from her so she could look him up and down. "Argle," she said, "It's been a long two thousand years since our childhoods together."

The kitsune nodded. "A long time indeed," he replied in an accent only slightly tainted with Japanese and got to his feet, offering Semele his paw to help her up. . .

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 03-19-2010 at 04:09 AM..

Turtle Kid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-19-2010, 08:00 AM

(Kimichan, if you really do want to join, we can put that in at the start of a new chapter to introduce a new sub-plot, or something.)

[new paragraph]

She took it with a grin. "And what have you been up to? Your letters ended quite some time ago. I was worried." She frowned at him and even wrinkled her eyebrows to show that she was serious.

Argle shrugged. "This and that. I was actually a part of the Information unit for a while." Semele's eyebrows raised. "Then I became a sniper." Her eyes widened. "I quite when it got to be too much for me to handle alone. Got a mate, lost her, and then became got offered a position in the Assasination Squad." He grinned a severely foxy grin at his friend's gaping face. "I've only been a guard for two years now. I knew I'd see you eventually. I just didn't know you travel so much."

Semele stared for a few more seconds at Argle's smug face before punching him in the shoulder. "You didn't invite me to the ritual!" she compained.

Argle laughed as he rubbed his shoulder. "Teegan had a big family. I could barely fit my parents on the guestlist, never mind my friends!"

"You could have told me," she continued.

"By the time I even thought of it she was already dead." He said the last part quietly, as though by not saying it too loud he could make it less true. Semele winced and patted her friend on the same shoulder she'd punched him . . .

ElysiumFate

Old 03-19-2010, 08:25 PM

. . .and then curled her arms around him in a tight hug which he returned. They held each other for a few minutes, each of them happy to be in the company of a kindred soul. Finally they let each other go and backed apart.

"What about you," he said just as silently as he'd stated his last sentence.

Semele sighed, "well, if you mean romantically wise, I've been the same as ever. A relationship here and there...Darian's still poking around after me every now and then, and there is always Nikolai."

Argle smiled, "I meant generally, friend. But it's nice to hear you've not had any tragedies on that front." The fox looked over his shoulder at the aziza, "shall we go somewhere private?"

Semele looked back at the other fairy, noted that he looked trustworthy, and shook her head gently. She then took the right sleeve of her dress and pulled it up enough so that Argle could see a tiny black spiral on her wrist. To this he simply nodded and took her hand to drag her over to where his pudao leaned against the door--he grabbed it and then spun about and continued pulling her in the direction of the guard's barracks. Once safely inside his room he asked with a hiss to his voice:

"you were going to show this to Her Royal Assness?"

Semele became defensive, "what choice do I have?" she got up and began to pace his room. "We are on the verge of a thousand-year-war with the Unseelie. Be it that Nikolai is on our side, but he's of no use lest I actually promise him a tangible marriage contract!"

Argle put up one fur covered hand and Semele paused, "what is so wrong with Nikolai, Semele?" he then got up, took her hand and guided her to sit on the edge of the bed with him. "He has never hurt you, he is kind, he wants nothing but to have you marked as his...it is all he asks in return for his help...which is by no means to be laughed at."

Semele jerked her hand out from Argle's, "did you just hear what you said?" she seethed. "He wishes to mark me like a farmer his horse! Moreover, he is a darkie!"

"You are part darkie, Seme," the fox replied cautiously.

Semele sighed, "that is not something that I am proud of, Argle."

"Nonetheless, you know the dire situation we are in--you also damned well know that he loves you."

"Must a kingdom always be saved by a woman giving herself up to a man, kitsune?" she snapped.

Argle looked away at the discriminative term. Semele saw this and replied, "sorry, old friend."

Argle nodded but still avoided her eyes for a moment, fearing to reiterate the question that still hung in the air. . .

(Nikolai is the betrothed, just so you don't get confused. ^_^ I just sort of chucked that name in there out of nowhere.)

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 03-19-2010 at 11:05 PM..

Whisper Invictus
is in your head.

Penpal

Old 03-23-2010, 12:13 AM

((Hmm. Interesting plot. I don't have time to read all three pages of the thread at the moment, but please keep posting! I'll be back ;)))

ElysiumFate

Old 03-23-2010, 12:18 AM

((Yaaay! We've got a reader! Anyway, don't worry: we will keep posting. We just don't have all that much time and do it when we can. ^_^))

Turtle Kid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-29-2010, 03:48 PM

(Thanks!)

After a few seconds of awkward silence and Argle shifting his feet Semele sighed and rubbed her eyes. "I . . . will marry Nikolai if that is the only option." she sighed again. "Although the kind of situation we'd be in where that's the only option might turn out to be too late for him to do much good anymore."

Argle looked at her. "Well, then you'll just have to accept his . . . advances before that happens."

Semele sighed a third time, and Argle pulled her into a hug. They stood there for a while before Semele said, "I really do have to see my mother."

"Wait until the council disbands, first."

Semele pulled away from the hug with a shake of her head. "I think telling only my mother would be the worst thing I could do in this situation."

Argle thought about this for a second and winced. "Maybe you're right."

"Of course I am," Semele said smugly before opening the door and stepping out of Argle's room. She held open the door for her friend and as he passed she said, "You know, if I had to marry you instead of Nikolai I might be more willing to sacrifice myself for the kingdom."

She couldn't tell if he was blushing or not beneath his fur, but he did stutter when he said, "Don't t-tease p-people like that!"

She laughed as she glided down the hall, back towards the aziza and the door beyond . . .

Last edited by Turtle Kid; 03-30-2010 at 03:42 AM..

ElysiumFate

Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 PM

The clacking of her heels on the marble floor resounded up and down the hallway as she moved back towards the council chamber. With each step she reminded herself of who she was.

I am the reigning princess of the Seelie court, she thought. I am the strongest fey to exist on the light side, she continued down through the hallway, they will listen... Semele straightened her shoulders and stopped in front of the door where the aziza still stood. She nodded to him and he returned the courtesy as she held up her right hand to signal his pause in opening the double doors. The purple clad faerie smoothed out her saran wrap dress, combed her fingers through her raven-wing hair, and then took a deep breath before nodding her head to signal the African faerie to proceed.

He creaked them open slowly and there was death silence beyond the portal. Light flooded into Semele's eyes as the Lagorfian sun shone through the glass roof of the council chamber and through the ever widening opening. Finally the doors were completely opened and the aziza stepped back, bending gracefully at the waist and sweeping out an arm to bid the princess' entrance.

Semele stepped over the threshold and her eyes gleamed like amethyst. The one argument that had been going on between two councilmen ceased instantaneously and the room went heavy with expectation and the only sound was that of the nervous shifting of bodies. Everyone knew the princess only ever interrupted these things, let alone came into the presence of her mother, if she meant to accomplish something huge.

Semele stood as rigid as a statue and shifted her eyes about in search of the woman she hated so much. In the process she caught sight of Nikolai who was sitting with his eyes closed, his legs kicked up on the bench in front of him, his arms crossed over his chest, and a strange smile on his face.

Nothing was said for a few moments and then, "Semele," resounded about the room as a tall, very wrinkled old crone stood from a seat slightly higher than the others.

Semele twitched, "mother," she replied in her husky voice, and it echoed throughout the chamber. . .

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 03-30-2010 at 06:52 PM..

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 PM

((If you're going to have the story just between the two of you and not want anyone to add on you should add that to the first post of the thread. Not just jump on them whenever they want to join the thread.

However, I don't think this thread belongs to either of you and the poster says nothing about asking. As such if you like I can move all of your posts to another thread so that you can post it the way you want and tell anyone else that they can't join.))

ElysiumFate

Old 04-01-2010, 12:22 AM

((Whoops. Sorry about that Flink. We didn't really mean for it to become just between the two of us, it just sort of happened that way, and Doodler never came back.

We also tried to work something out with the person who posted, but that didn't work either.

I don't mind other posters, and this isn't my or TurtleKid's thread, but the one post that did occur didn't fit. Anyways, with that said, and the fact that I don't speak for TurtleKid in mind, I'd say that what you suggest is a pretty good idea.))

Flink
FRINKZIRRA
Send a message via AIM to Flink Send a message via MSN to Flink Send a message via Yahoo to Flink

Old 04-02-2010, 04:00 AM

((Once TurtleKid agrees I'll move the posts. The two of you can start a new thread after you agree who has the first post. ^^))

Turtle Kid
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 AM

(I don't mind moving the posts. And once again, I'm sorry it took so long to respond. Maybe we should look for at least one more person who will keep this story moving with you [Ely], as my time is being eaten up at school and I post so sporatically?)

ElysiumFate

Old 04-07-2010, 03:33 AM

((Nah, it's okay Turtle. I don't mind you taking so long.

BTW, do you want the first post or shall I take it?))