Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-16-2007, 07:00 AM

Drabble 39: # 61 Midnight
Characters: Kisei and Aira
Pairing: *shrugs*
Locations: Here, there and everywhere

"You're up late."

Aira looked up. Standing on the rooftop, Kisei looked down at her.

Aira gave a small smile. "I know."

Kisei jumped down from the roof. "It's close to midnight. Where's Ambrose?"

Aira turned her attention back the scenery. They were staying at the edge of the town in a small inn. There wasn't much to see, just vast amounts of land and forests. "He's inside, sleeping for once," she finally answered.

"So for once you're the one who couldn't sleep," Kisei lightly joked.

Aira looked at the poisonweaver. Kisei was strange. He always seems to be following her. "What are you doing out here Kisei?" she asked.

"I'm here to deliver something," started Kisei. He looked at his watch. Midnight was about to strike right about... now. "Which I can now deliver." He handed Aira a box. "Happy Birthday, Aira."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-16-2007, 07:24 AM

Drabble 40: #45 Heart
Characters: Ravi
Pairing: Duh!

I never understood what frailty of the heart meant. Not until I found Aysel again.

They say that Double Dice has an amazing effect on ones memories (though I wouldn't call it amazing). It locks away the memories of the past, perhaps even erases them, allowing a person to be free of the shackles of the past. To live in the now, that is what Double Dice gives you.

With Ambrose and Aira's help, I able to find Aysel in Double Dice. The first thing she said to me was 'Who are you?'

It shattered my heart into a million little pieces. I didn't think I could be crushed so easy. I think my heart was that frail. Once again while I was pondering, Aysel slipped away from my grasp. My heart maybe broken, but I wasn't going to let her go so easy. I'll find a way to bring back her memories of the past.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 05:41 AM

Drabble 41: #54 Stalk
Character Ravi
Pairing: Hmmm I wonder...
Special Note: Sequel to Drabble 40

I'm very good at stalking. Well perhaps stalking is too strong of a word and I wouldn't go as far as claiming it was stalking. I was merely following... Yes. Following was a good word.

Ambrose and Aira gave me their luck. They couldn't stay in Double Dice much longer to help me, and Aysel was showing no signs of remembering. It was fine though. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who can get her to remember. I promised her that I would follow her wherever she went.

Her silver bells rang, echoing and reaching my ears. I followed the sounds of the bells... they would lead me to her. Somehow... I think I'm getting a little too good at this stalking thing.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 05:48 AM

Drabble 42; #4 A Beautiful Day
Characters: Byakko and Kyatto
Pairings: Eh...

When I think about it, I've never been outside of Akuma before. The City of Demons was supposed to be my birthplace, the place of my childhood and life, and the place where I would die. Even though I've read about the other cities, it never occurred to me that I could leave Akuma and go somewhere else.

Yet, now here I stand on the outskirts of Akuma. Subconsciously I knew I shouldn't be just standing here, since my former 'family' would be arming themselves, ready to kill me. But I wasn't worrying too much. I was too busy staring in awe. I wasn't expecting the scenery outside of Akuma to be... so nice.

"It's a beautiful day isn't?" Kyatto suddenly asked, knocking me out of my wandering thoughts.

"Yeah. I guess I've been missing alot," I replied. I didn't know then, that my journey with Kyatto was just about to begin.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 06:10 AM

Drabble 43: #6 Jars
Characters: Aira
Pairing: Nope

Aira pushed open the door to Raj. For some reason, she had a knack for finding these little thrift shops. She supposed she just let the wind carry her there.

The walls were lined with shelves and shelves of jars. A memory flashed in her mind as she remembered her mother having a room just like this. Aira grinned. She probably would have had a room just like this if she wasn't traveling. Each jar contained something in it. Each jar contained something in it. Some had different types of threads of different colors; others had sand, dirt, and wood. There were also jars with feathers, glitter and marbles.

"Find something you like?"

Aira whirled around to find an old man standing behind her. "Sorta," answered Aira. She pointed to a jar full of red thread. "Can I buy that one?"

The old man nodded. "Yes but free of charge. If you found this shop, the wind must have brought you here." He handed her the jar.

Aira blinked. "How...." she started.

The old man just smiled mysteriously.

Moments later, Aira left the shop, feeling very confused. The old man waved as she left. "A rare windcrafter indeed. You normally don't meet a master windcrafter at her age." His eyes twinkled as he closed the door to his shop. Raj- Rare Air Journey, Let the wind carry you here.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 06:24 AM

Drabble 44: 28 Bridge
Pairing: *shakes head*

Little Aira looked around. Nothing was looking familiar. Tears threatened to fall, as her small form desperately searched around for her mother or older sister. She didn't know where she was. Wandering to the bridge nearby, Aira flopped to the ground. Where was her mommy?

"Lost little one?"

Little Aira looked up to see a big man with dark blue hair. Sniffing she nodded. The man patted her on the head and wiped off a few of her tears. "There, there. Let's see if we can find your mother," he offered. He took her by the hand and walked back into the town.

Moments later Aira found her mother to her delight. "Aira! Where have you been?" her mother asked.

Aira smiled brightly. "Sitting at the bridge. The man helped me find you!"

Her mother had a curious look on her face. She hadn't seen anyone with her daughter. Strange. She decided to brush it off.

--- Years later---

Aira wandered around the city, feeling vaguely lost. It didn't bother her as much as she thought. Aira stopped at the bridge and took a seat. The town was a lot bigger then she originally thought.

"Lost little one?"

Aira looked up. "Kisei... I'm not a child."

Kisei smiled. "I know. Shall we see if we can Ambrose?"

Aira smiled. "Ah, yes. Thank you Kisei."

Kisei grinned. "You welcome Aira."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 06:37 AM

Drabble 45: 30 Flying
Characters: Sky
Pairing: Does Sky + flying count? =D

Sky sometimes wished that she was never born as a Vitaneco. She was half convinced that she would have been better off as a windcrafters. It would have been so much easier.

Of course, someone finally made the connection to her obsession and went and bought her a broom that was enchanted with windcrafter charms. The broom in short could fly. Sky was delighted. Of course that meant more people just supported the 'witch' theory but that was okay.

Flying past the clouds, at all times of the day, Sky felt free like the wind. Everything was so beautiful this high up.

The sky was the limit, and she would fly to get there.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 06:51 AM

Drabble 46: #29 Minute
Characters: Aira and Ambrose
Pairing: Hm

Ambrose paced back and forth. He was given a challenge. By Kisei, no less. Kisei challenged him to figure out what was important about this day.

'What could it be? Aira's birthday? No I almost missed it, but it's not today. I know that much. Kisei wouldn't let me live it down, if I ever forgot her birthday. Perhaps today was the day an important person, such as the mayor was elected to office? No too general. The day this city was built? No that's next month,' Ambrose thought to himself.

"Ambrose, can I have a minute?"

"Not now, Aira. I'm trying to think. Time's running out too!" Ambrose paced back and forth, racking his brains. "No war started today, or ended for the matter," he muttered. "What could it be?"

"Ambrose, I just need a minute to tell you something."

"Aira can it wait? I'm thinking!" Ambrose growled. He wasn't going to lose to Kisei. What else could have happened?

-swoosh!-

Ambrose didn't get a chance to go any further before he was swept off his feet and flew towards the wall. Apparently Aira finally lost her patience.

Snapping her fan closed, Aira growled and grabbed Ambrose by his shirt, forcing him to look at her. "One minute, Ambrose. All I ask is for one minute."

Ambrose nodded. It was probably best not to get her anymore angry. He might go flying out the window next. "Happy birthday you baka," Aira said. "And if you had paid attention to me earlier you would have won your bet with Kisei!"

Ambrose blinked. "Wait what?!"

One minute can be very important.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 07:18 AM

Drabble 47: #89 Scribbling
Characters: Aira and Ambrose
Pairing: ...

Ambrose was fast asleep. Aira was watching him. Something drew her eyes away though. A pen, that was left on the table. A slow smirk spread across her face.

~Scribble~

~Scribble~

A few hours later, Ambrose woke up. The first thing he saw was Aira staring at him with this big smile. "What did you do, Aira?" he asked.

"Nothing," she replied in a sing-song tone.

A chill went down Ambrose's back. She did something, question was what? Aira just smiled to herself and twirled the pen. Scribbling was so much fun.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 07:52 AM

Drabble 48: #95 Sweet
Pairing: etto...

Kisei loved sweets. It was plain and simple. He loved them, love eating them, and hated when people took them. Kisei had a very big sweet tooth. Whether it be candy, cakes, or cookies, he loved them.

But he didn't love them as much as he love Aira. But Aira loved Ambrose, and he wasn't about to break what little happiness she had (unless Ambrose decided to do something stupid.)

It was because he knew that Aira loved Ambrose, that he was surprised for once, to find out she was giving him a bag of chocolate on Valentine's Day (or Jellyfish Day as Aira called it).

"Here Kisei! Happy Jellyfish Day! Enjoy the sweets and don't forget to support the Jellyfish!"

Kisei blinked. An entire bag of candy. Most people would kill each other before they would do something insane like giving him an entire bag full of sugar. "Aira's so sweet," Kisei said with a happy sigh.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-17-2007, 11:52 AM

Drabble 49: #11 Rain of Blossoms
Characters: Ravi and Aysel
Pairing: *blinks*

Ravi had no idea where Aysel was taking him. She just showed up and proceeded to drag him along with her. (Aysel was a lot stronger then she looks). All he managed to get out of her was the word flower.

Aysel on the other hand was bubbling with excitement. She was dragging Ravi off to a spot that she would never share with someone. But Ravi was different and it was the prefect time of year.

"Aysel? Where are we going?" Ravi asked once more.

"A Rain of Blossom," she commented back. "It's just over this hill."

Ravi blinked. Rain of... Blossoms? What did that mean? He found out moment later as Aysel presented him a rare sight.

"I wanted to you should this. My favorite place in the town," explained Aysel.

Beyond the hill was a forest of Sakura trees. They were in full bloom, and the wind flew the delicate petals everywhere. It was a Rain of Blossoms.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-18-2007, 10:52 AM

Drabble 50: #50 50%
Characters: I actually don't know this time... O.O
Pairing: Maybe~

50% meant 50% and there was little one could do to change it. Really all you had to do was wait for 50% to change to 51% and then everything would just continue on its way.

Of course it doesn't stop from driving people crazy. It most certainly annoyed Kyatto every time she had to install something on her computer. Kisei still regrets that his last grand plan only made it to 50% completion before a certain girl literally blew everything out of sync.

50% played an important in life though. It meant you were halfway there, at a crossroad to which you can cross. To continue forward or turn back, to make a left or a right.

Ambrose and Aira's journey is about to reach 50%. Now it's only a matter of which choice they made.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Drabble 51: #39. Rubbish
Characters: Byakko and Kyatto
Pairing: hn

Byakko stared at the piece of paper. "This is completely bull-"

"Byakko."

"Rubbish," corrected Byakko. He glared at person who hand him the paper. Byakko had to bite back his tongue to stop himself from swearing any further. Kyatto wasn't exactly fond of swearing, so he often tried to tone it down for her.

"What's the problem anyways?" asked Kyatto. She took the piece of paper and read it. Her eyes widen in shocked. "That's complete bullshit! A hundred dollars for two hamburgers!" Kyatto practically screamed.

Byakko's eyes widen. That was a first. Kyatto rarely swears herself and when she did it was for a good reason. "Rubbish," he muttered to himself. "This is completely rubbish."

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2007, 06:43 PM

Wow. I need to catch up

Drabble 14: XD
a button on her computer
You might want to change flickers to flickered. The surrounding sentences are passed tense. Same with offers.

Drabble 15: mighty Ravi
Supposed
Spent
Say

You seem to be having a lot of tense inconsistencies. In basic speech its not a mandatory thing, but it helps readers understand what is happening easier, and helps with the general flow of a piece.

Drabble 16: wondered
How old is Yi? If Yi’s in an older adolescent or an adult, you may consider switching try- its kind of a basic word (attempt, perform, etc). It also depends on the character. – Really nitpicky -.-;
Content

Drabble 17: that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito
Streetlights lit up the streets, causing shadows all around. They were nothing compared to the bright stars above though.
In a story longer than a drabble, this can be developed more.
I like how you transitioned from serene to not.

Drabble 18: Ha hahaha.

Drabble 19: Another cute one ^.^

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2007, 10:02 PM

Drabble 20: if they leave her
Yes Kyatto loved her Goldfish.
cute :3

Drabble 21: Spread

Drabble 22: pained
Spread

Yay! Continuation of the song!
For the song: some of the meter doesn’t quite match, but in music that can be adjusted, so it’s fine.

Drabble 22: haha XD

Drabble 23: We’re back to intriguing me.

Drabble 24: XD Cute. (Wow my comments are boring and repetitive.)

Drabble 25: draped

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-18-2007, 11:04 PM

*glomps sycho* You're awesome you know that. xD My drabble would be littered with all sorts of grammar and spelling mistakes. xD And I don't mind if your comments are boring and repeative, It gives me an idea about which ones are cute/funny/serious/no good/etc etc xD

Shall I stop for a while until you catch up?

*goes off to correct mistakes*

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2007, 11:19 PM

Drabble 26:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Seito”
XD
keep to themselves
smiled

cute. :3

Drabble 27: a hotel wall/ the hotel wall
other than that

envisionable

Drabble 28: if she gets woken
Something stronger than that
Missed me

Your having fun with this- good. ^.^

Drabble 29: good develping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ”Seito”
xD Wow I learned something new about my characters.
yay! It makes you a better writer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by “Seito”
Anyone noticed something strange about Kisei and Aira?
Now I feel like I’m missing something. When I come back, I’m looking into them.
The harder ones for you- so that means I get to catch up! *Ignores up coming exam/ projects*

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-18-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sychobunny

Quote:
xD Wow I learned something new about my characters.
yay! It makes you a better writer!
Quote:
Anyone noticed something strange about Kisei and Aira?
Now I feel like I’m missing something. When I come back, I’m looking into them.
The harder ones for you- so that means I get to catch up! *Ignores up coming exam/ projects*
yay! my point for starting this thing, actually worked!

The whole Kisei and Aira thing will come into view just fine. *nods* You'll start noticing it more often, because I know I keep bringing it in the stories. *nods*

Oh yes harder ones indeed (has only be able to write 3-4 a day instead of 10 a day). Don't forget to keep your grades up! xD

Hey, Sycho, what I should I do after I finish all 100 themes? *points to poll*

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2007, 11:29 PM

Quote:
*glomps sycho* You're awesome you know that. xD My drabble would be littered with all sorts of grammar and spelling mistakes. xD And I don't mind if your comments are boring and repeative, It gives me an idea about which ones are cute/funny/serious/no good/etc etc xD

No. Don't let me slow you down. XD
I'll probably sit in a couple of classes reading these (some classes I show up for attendance points, and its really boring because i read the assigned reading and they lecture from the book, and reading a book for another class in a class is kind of rude)
Also your pretty awesome yourself- I haven't had time for creative endeavors, and I don't have many backlogs of anything I feel like posting, and I quite often find I have nothing to say in the other forums, so without people like you in the Literary section, I would be sooooooo poor- and far less entertained. (o.O wow, I think I have a disorder- I like editing- I used to hate editing- but that was classmate's work that had the same assignment as me on a topic I have absolutely no interest in. I'm sick of the mind- oh look my name starts with "sycho"- derived from "psycho")

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-18-2007, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:

No. Don't let me slow you down. XD
I'll probably sit in a couple of classes reading these (some classes I show up for attendance points, and its really boring because i read the assigned reading and they lecture from the book, and reading a book for another class in a class is kind of rude)
Also your pretty awesome yourself- I haven't had time for creative endeavors, and I don't have many backlogs of anything I feel like posting, and I quite often find I have nothing to say in the other forums, so without people like you in the Literary section, I would be sooooooo poor- and far less entertained. (o.O wow, I think I have a disorder- I like editing- I used to hate editing- but that was classmate's work that had the same assignment as me on a topic I have absolutely no interest in. I'm sick of the mind- oh look my name starts with "sycho"- derived from "psycho")
You sure? xD

Thanks. I'm always looking to important my writing. It comforts me that this (the drabbles) are a whole lot better then what I use to write four years ago. Yeah the Lit. Spot is also my shameful way of making gold. >.> But I do it for good reason. I kinda wish people like you would come and visit more. Or at least leave comments like 'that was cute' so that I at least know if people are coming or not.

As for editing, I think it's great. xD I can't edit, I don't see the mistakes. Which is why if I ever choose to become a writer, my editor will have their work cut out of them. I partly blame my school as they never really stress the basics of grammar and stuff. (only in elementary but that was real basic like nouns, verbs, etc)

Being insane is okay. *nods* I have a little insanity myself. xD

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-18-2007, 11:36 PM

Quote:

That depends entirely on you (I haven't voted) When you're done, look back at your pieces, and where you started. You already understand your characters and plotline better. If you feel that you are ready to start writing the real story, than go for it. If you feel that you are weak on you major characters- try a smaller version or a 100 drabbles centered just on them. If you need to work on your plot line, do a bunch of what if situations. If you need to work on minor characters- do a set of drabbles rationed out according who needs the most work, and who apears the most.

How do you write- are you linear ( start at the begining of a story, and go through in order) or do you jump around until you have all of the gaps filled?

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Quote:

That depends entirely on you (I haven't voted) When you're done, look back at your pieces, and where you started. You already understand your characters and plotline better. If you feel that you are ready to start writing the real story, than go for it. If you feel that you are weak on you major characters- try a smaller version or a 100 drabbles centered just on them. If you need to work on your plot line, do a bunch of what if situations. If you need to work on minor characters- do a set of drabbles rationed out according who needs the most work, and who apears the most.

How do you write- are you linear ( start at the begining of a story, and go through in order) or do you jump around until you have all of the gaps filled?
Well, I had a good grip on my characters before I started this, the 100 themes just let me connect to them on another level. (It's like talking to your characters). I think the plot needs the most work, because I'm not liking the plot (though ironically the plot that I don't like, keeps showing up in these drabbles. Probably because I don't have another plot to fall on). I had actually given up on working on this story. Only writing here has renew my inspirations for it.

Err my writing is a tad bit... random. I do linear, I do jumping around. I'm just everywhere. (I'm surprised that it makes sense to me). I guess I start off with an idea then I jump around creating characters and stuff that I -want- to happen. Then I start at the beginning and start writing what needs to be happen and continue until the end of the story.

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-19-2007, 01:21 AM

oh good. Because pure linear would definately not mesh with your style

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 03-19-2007, 01:25 AM

It drives me crazy to pure linear. I don't know how people do it.

One time I wrote a story just by jumping around. So at one point I wrote the ending of something before it began. xD Then I rearranged it. It nothing in between no fillers no connecting parts to led from one point to another, but I still thought it was an awesome story. I called it Scraps because it was made up all of my scrapes drabble pieces. xD

sychobunny
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-19-2007, 01:41 AM

Drabble 30: today
He (capitalize)
In the
Chairs
Was a square

Hah!

Drabble 31: lol
Definitely to be paired with drabble 30

Drabble 32: alone