Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-13-2007, 07:29 PM

"Wait!" Riley cried, flinching at the change in Hotaru's appearance. "You'd kill all those people and all this?" she spread her arms wide. "You can't do that!"

Hotaru sighed, growing increasingly irritated. "What would you have me do then, Riley? I told you how difficult it'd be and you insisted. So now I'm relenting and going to try it and you're saying no now? Humans are so fickle!"

"No we're not," Riley said. "But you can't sacrifice so many people plus yourself just to save one person."

"What happened to I don't believe anyone should lose their souls?"

"No one should," Riley said. "But neither should innocent lives be taken."

Hotaru exhaled slowly. "Riley Claro, you're turning out to be a big headache. Do you know that?"

Riley put her hands on her hips. "I could say the same thing about you!"

"Uh, Riles," Monohan said in a low voice. "I wouldn't get on her bad side." But Riley ignored him.

"So you would rather be included in those out there facing their fates?" Hotaru pointed toward the radiation cloud. "Because where would you be if you weren't here in this Eden? You'd be there, breathing in the same poison as the rest of them."

"Humans are not slatrommi's playthings!" Riley cried, her voice growing louder and more agitated. "You end life here as if it's nothing important!"

"And what have humans done to this planet?" Hotaru shot back. "Look at all the life you've ended...plants, animals, even each other. Everything you guys touch eventually turns to ashes. You're killing this planet as well as everyone on it. It may not be as quickly as I would, but it's happening nonetheless." She changed back into her normal appearance, but her eyes blazed with her temper. "If you think you could do things better, then go!" She pointed. "Walk away. But I can guarantee, you won't have six years left. You won't even have six days!"

Riley glared at her and the others just stood there in silence. Only Monohan spoke up. "You're not seriously thinking about it...where would you go? Look around! Only death awaits you out there. Riles!"

"That's not my name," Riley snapped and she turned her back on the others and started to walk away.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-14-2007, 07:13 PM

((Bwuahahaha! xD I have foreseen the end!!))

Hotaru didn't say anything nor did she try to stop Riley. The girl was stubborn. She didn't have time to explain the whole balance of world to the girl. If she died, then she died and Hotaru would give her a stern lecture before sending her off to afterlife.

She fought back the tiredness that was threatening to numb her mind. She meant it when she said she didn't have enough. After all, she had been using her magic, and large amounts of it, since early this morning. That was when she heard something snap. Her eyes widen in shock. It wasn't a visble snap, but rather a mental one.

She screamed.

Hotaru fell to the ground, feeling her magic pulse and fly out of her control. It crackles around her. She vaguely heard Seika and Riku asking her what was wrong and saw Riley running back towards them. 'Too soon' she thought. 'TOO SOON!' Hotaru forced her magic back under her tight control. The energy died down.

"What was that?" Seika demanded to know.

"Backlash," Hotaru lied.

The look in Seika's eyes told her she didn't believe her. Hotaru grind her teeth. Time was running out. She stared straight at the ground, not willing to look anyone in the eye, knowing already the first step had happened. She didn't need to see her reflection to know her eyes had changed from purple to one side being red and other being blue. Too soon. She heard another snap, but before her magic go fly away, she felt herself confined back in her room; her mother's fleeing touch of magic brushing against her.

-----

Seika was wary. Something was wrong with Hotaru. And having mother come down to earth was a big enough sign. "Rehtom.... What is going on with Hotaru?"

Lady Fate stared at her.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-15-2007, 03:06 AM

(Sorry this one sucks! lol)

Riley couldn't help but go running back when Hotaru screamed out. It was almost instinctive. Rejoining the others, she felt her cheeks flushing, embarrassed that she hadn't kept strong in her walking away. But curiosity was stronger than her resolve and when Hotaru vanished, she shook her head in confusion. "What was that about?"

Monohan glared at her. He was miffed that she had been so stubborn and stupid, even though he actually felt relief that she had come back. He found the girl as irritating as she found him and yet, he had developed a strange affection for her.

They turned toward Lady Fate and awaited an answer on what was happening with Hotaru.

---

Back at the ministerial palace, the shadow beasts Kat/Kage had summoned up grew in size and roared with ferocity. The segak within caused Kat spread her arms wide and let out a deep throated laugh. He didn't care what happened to his host, truthfully. He just relished the freedom he felt in summoning the shadow beasts. It had been so long since he had been able to play with the shadows in this way. And destroying a few slatrommi in the process would make it all the more enjoyable.

Once he was done, he'd discard this host and seek someone else out. Her position of power was short lived - the bomb had devastated the city and was killing all her subjects. She ruled over a dead land, which meant there was not really anyone to rule over at all.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-15-2007, 10:19 AM

(haha xD that's okay. it didn't!)

Fate didn't answer Seika's question. "We're running out of time," she said calmly. "We have four hours remaining. Over half the human population must be wiped out, Kage must be stopped, and the steel coating must be removed by then."

"Since when do we have a countdown?" asked Riku.

Fate sighed. "There isn't time to explain. You'll have to ask Hotaru when she's feeling better. In the mean time she'll be unable to help."

"What happens if we don't make it in time?" Monohan asked.

Fate stared at him. "Then everything dies instead of Lady Earth being reborn. The balance of Life and Death are sensitive. If it isn't set by a certain time, then things start to get throw out of whack."

"WHAT?!"

"Hotaru didn't mention this earlier because?" Seika questioned dryly.

"Because this bomb and Kage were unforeseen events. They are the triggers to the countdown. Because they happened, the balance is tipping back and forth. It's only a matter of time before they fall apart completely. Hotaru is just beginning to feel the backlash of it. When that happens... the world we know it might come to an end."

------------------

The first requirements had been complete. She knew it was already beginning to happen. She bit back her fear. This was not the time to get scared. Far too early to act.

Locked within her own mind, she could only watch as the transformation began. The red and blue eyes flickered fading into black and white. 'Kai.' she thought. 'You better stay far away... I don't want to lose you.... I don't want to lose you again.'

---------------

In the middle of his battle, Kai stopped. His eyes widen in shock. "Hotaru..."

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-16-2007, 05:23 AM

Kai's hesitation was just what Kat/Kage needed. She unleashed a ferocious attack at that instant, blasting it into Kai's body, throwing him backward. He hit his head and went limp.

"KAI!" Kaos yelled and while Ita blocked Kat's attacks, he ran to Kai's side and pulled him behind a barrier. He slapped at Kai's cheeks, but the man gave no response.

Ita glanced over his shoulder, worried, and was almost thrown off guard by Kat's attacks.

"This is it, Slatrommi," the segak hissed. The woman formerly known as Katherine Cardella no longer existed. She was completely lost to the segak.

"It's not over til it's over and I'm tired of playing defense," Ita said and with a yell of rage, let loose his strongest attack.

----

Riley knelt to the ground and held her head in her hands. This whole situation was just too much for her to handle. She felt a gentle hand on her back and looked up to see Monohan standing over her. He lifted her to her feet and enveloped her in a hug. She tried to speak, but he shushed her. He didn't know he could give something like this to someone like her, but this is what she needed...a feeling of security. She was young afterall, barely a woman. If she could only get that security through an embrace, that's what he would give to her, no matter how awkward it made him feel.

He looked up and his face had lost all trace of immaturity, antagonism, or joking. "How is this all going to happen?" The thought of all the death that would have to happen for the salvation of the planet made him shudder.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-16-2007, 11:59 AM

"hcuot yreif ruoy teem taht lla tlem. Rehto on ekil taeh a, thgirb nrub. Emalf tsekrad, taeh elbaraeb."

-Unbearable heat, darkest flame. Burn bright, a heat like no other. Melt all that meet your fiery touch.-

"Nomed S'erif: Flugne"

-Engulf: Fire's Demon -

A large ball of fire magic engulfed the area. The fire was so hot, the steel melted and things wilted away. Kage didn't have time to blow the wide range attack. Burns ravaged Kat's former body.

---------------

In her room, Hotaru felt another part of her snap. Something had happened to Kai and since Kai was the trigger last time.... it was understandable that he would play role again. She screamed again, her hair turning a gray color. The second stage was complete.

--------------

Fate twitched slightly feeling Hotaru's magic grow even stronger. The process had suddenly picked up. "Well... thanks to Kage, we now have only 30 minutes left." She ignored Monohan's question. Hotaru would tell them in good time.

"30 minutes?! How did it go from four hours to 30 minutes?!" Seika asked.

"Kage set off another trigger, causing our time to shorten even more. I don't think he realizing what he's doing. Though he probably love it if he did," Fate replied dryly.

"How are we supposed to set the balance of life and death and do everything else in 30 minutes?" Riku asked. The situation was starting to become very grim.

"At this rate. We don't."

-----------------------

Down the hall from Hotaru's room, Lady Earth's eyes were filled with understanding. While Hotaru's original intentions were noble, there really was no stopping the process. The time was drawing nearer. Perhaps she should say goodbye to Chi one last time before her death. She stood up and left, leaving Saul behind.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-16-2007, 06:44 PM

Kat let out an inhuman scream as fire ripped through her body, going to the very core of her being and engulfing the segak. She fell to the floor, limp and destroyed.

Ita was breathing heavily from the exertion of casting the fireball. He watched as a shapeless shadow rose from Kat's body. It was moving slowly as if each motion was extremely painful. Ita could see through the shadow and though the segak tried to fully materialize, it was too far gone to do so. Ita knew at that point, he had won.

"Finishhhh ittt..." the segak hissed out a plea and Ita was happy to oblige. One more fireball raged the segak's way and the creature disintegrated. He walked toward Kat and looked down at the woman in pity. No, she'd not been a good person and that had caused her to be easy prey for the segak, but it was a shame that her soul had been destroyed in the process. He reached down and closed her eyes with his hand, whispering an blessing of peace, though he knew it wouldn't make any difference.

The slatrommi turned to his friends. "Is he--?"

Kaos shook his head and hoisted Kai up on his shoulders.

"We need to get back."

----

Hotaru cried out, tears of both pain and grief. She sensed a presence in her room and looked up to see Lady Fate standing before her. "I just can't...this is...it's inevitable!"

Fate smiled and shook her head. "This is exactly what needed to happen."

"But there's no time!" Hotaru said. "I can't do this!"

"Not by yourself, no. If you try, you will definitely fail."

"But there's no one to--" Hotaru's thought was cut short as she cried out again as her magic surged once more.

"That's where you're wrong. All the pieces to the puzzle have been gathered. Now it's simply time to put them in their places."

"What?"

Fate sat down. "Riley Claro and Michael Monohan."

"No," Hotaru said. "They're humans. They can't do a thing. He's clueless and she's stubborn and infuriating! It was a mistake taking her on as my student."

Fate shook her head. "No it wasn't. It was the way things were supposed to be. The daughter of a srepleh and one who possesses the powers of the moon...did you think it was mere coincidence that two extraordinary humans would be by your side at the end? Their births are one in several million and yet, here they are together. Bring them here. Use them as they were always meant to be used. You know what to do."

"But I don't!" Hotaru cried.

"You know what to do, Hotaru. Do it for us. For Lady Earth. For Kai..."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-17-2007, 03:20 AM

Hotaru knew it was hopeless, despite what mother had told her. As soon as Fate had left, the finaly stage active. Her wings turned a golden color. She stood up, the pain finally gone. Her black and white eyes were devoid of emotion. She left her room, there was a world to destroy and home to be reborn.

----------

Fate appeared back with Riley, Monohan, Seika and Riku just as others had arrived. Kaos, carrying the unconscious Kai and Ita appeared from one direction. Arashi, Chi and Tran appeared from another. Lady Earth and Mem came in a shower of light.

"So the whole family is here," Lady Earth said gently.

"Where's Hotaru?" asked Arashi.

No one answered him. Fate wondered if Hotaru will resist. She knew she would try... but ultimately it would not be enough. She went if only to comfort the others... and perhaps Hotaru herself.

"You should have given her such false hopes Fate," Earth told her softly.

"I can't her breakdown either though," Fate replied softly.

"She won't. She's stronger then that." Earth leaned down to give Chi a quick hug. Both knew the final stage had been completed.

"We need to return home now," Fate told the younger ones.

"Why?" asked Riku.

"The world is about to end." The younger ones didn't have a chance to say anything before they whisked back to Fate's room.

Only Lady Earth remain. She looked up at the sky, Hotaru... no Rebirth stared down at her. Lady Earth smiled warmly at her. It was finally time. Death would be as painless as falling asleep. She felt to the ground as darkness overcame her, her last breath falling from her lips. Around the world, the ground exploded as lava burst free from it's long dormant shell. Time to wipe the slate clean and start anew.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-17-2007, 04:45 AM

Back in the slatrommi realm, Saul shook as Lady Earth died. He was her srepleh, tied to her in a way no one else could experience. He was spared death, as were Riley and Monohan, but the blackness that filled his mind was numbing.

"Death is not the end," Fate put her hand on his shoulders. "This feeling will pass right about...now."

And indeed, as soon as she spoke the word, the blackness faded and Saul felt his body calming. "Does this mean--"

"Mem, would you like to do the honors?" Fate smiled.

Mem nodded and turned from the others. She moved her hands in a graceful motion and all of the sudden, where her hands had glided through the air, they all had a clear view of what was happening to the planet. Saul, Riley, and Monohan watched in wide-eyed amazement as everything and everyone they had ever known disappeared.

"First there was death," Mem said. "And now, rebirth."

They stared at the image and no one breathed a word. Except for Monohan. He poked Riley in the ribs and whispered, "Last man and woman alive...you know what that means." Unfortunately, his whisper was barely a whisper and everyone heard him. Riley blushed crimson and slapped his face.

(Hee hee...thanks, Seito, for that last bit!)

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-17-2007, 05:40 AM

Tran stared numbly at the screen. "This... has happened before hasn't it?" she asked.

"It has," Fate said slowly. No one had a chance to ask what she meant when they heard a moan from the corner.

Kai slowly was waking up. He rubbed his head and moaned. "What hit me?"

Kaos chuckled. "A Segak."

Kai stiffen, remembering everything that had just happened. "Saisei!" he shouted.

Fate patted him on the shoulders. "It's okay Kai. She's alright for now."

Kai stared at Fate for a moment. "Mother, I think you have some explaining to do," Seika said. "Who's Saisei and what does Tran mean this has happened before?"

"How many of you were alive or at least remember how the Great War ended," Fate asked.

Kai and Tran raised their hands. "Vaguely at least. Kaos was ... dead by then. I know Seika and Ita were as well," said Tran. There were nods from Kaos, Seika and Ita.

"Chi too young too remember."

"Me too," said Riku.

"I was unconscious actually," said Mem. "And Arashi you were dead as well." Arashi agreed.

"This was how the Great War ended. It was exactly just like this," said Fate.

"Is that Hotaru?" Ita asked, pointing to the figure on the screen.

"Yeah," said Kai. "Or Saisei actually is Hotaru's birth name. I figured because she was too power as a child, Saisei split her powers up, which then created three forms that Hotaru originally has. But by doing this, she forgot who she was. By the time I meet her, she was nameless, so I gave her a name of Hotaru. Hotaru was never meant to have her life and death magic separated. They were supposed to be combined together and know as rebirth. Also it meant she never learned to control her rebirth magic. Which is why it's such a drastic reaction now."

"Hotaru's real magic lies in the magic of rebirth. Here both life and death are hers to control," Fate explained.

"Yeah well anyways during the Great War, we traveled together. Then one day... I died and Hotaru just snapped," Kai continued. "It triggered her rebirth form. Since I was the catalyst the Slatrommis were chosen to create the blood debt that would ultimately seal away the Segaks, give rebirth to Lady Earth and the world would start anew."

"Well that explains the reason why I felt like I was falling asleep only to wake up and find I was dead," Tran said.

"Yeah. This time humans were the catalyst and well... soon Lady Earth will be reborn too," said Kai.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-17-2007, 09:37 PM

Riley almost forgot to breathe as she watched the planet being reborn. And to think, only moments earlier, she had been ready to walk away and chance everything on her own. Had she not come running back, she wouldn't be alive. Hotaru had it wrong...she wouldn't have had less than 6 days even! It would have been less than 6 hours!

Still, how would it be, knowing the people you had been close to were gone? That there was nothing familiar remaining beyond the irritating man standing next to you? She glanced up at Monohan and judging from the expression on his face, she realized his life had been much more rich than hers. He had lost so much more in the last few minutes.

"You had friends," she stated and he nodded.

"Chauncy...Brayon...Maddie...Leo..." he murmured as he mourned for his friends, the ones who were just as freethinking in him. The ones who dreamed as much as he did.

"I didn't have any," Riley said. "Kat once upon a time. But she's not been a friend for years. And the segak...Do you think your friends will be reborn?"

He shrugged. "I'd like to think so, but then will they even know we really were friends once? And I'll be old by the time they're the age I am now. All my friends...gone."

Riley did something she had never before thought she could do. She slipped her hand in his and gave it a squeeze. "Not all," she said, though her words were almost a question. He looked back at her in surprise and then smiled, squeezing her hand in answer.

"You're right. Not all."

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-17-2007, 09:49 PM

"It's going faster then last time," said Kai.

"Huh?"

"The rebirth process. Took a few thousands years last time. Looks like Hotaru will be done in about four hours." Everyone watched as oceans began to pool and collect.

"And from the oceans will start the first signs of life and from there the birth of humans and the history will start all over once again," Fate quietly mused.

"As you've said, Death is merely like falling asleep... only to wake up once more."

Everyone was turned around to see the newest visitor. "You looks as young and healthy as ever, Earth," Fate said with a smile.

Lady Earth smiled back. Her wounds gone and she looked several years younger. Her eyes sparkled with life and joy. "Painless as ever. Hotaru is really working faster this time around. Hopefully the poor girl won't be heartbroken after this."

"I hope so too," Kai muttered.

It was then that they were greated by another bunches of lights. "Gaia!" Earth was tackled. "Nice to see you too, Taiyo." The brightest star, Taiyo the Solar Star, grinned back.

"Another time you rejoined us, sister," said a dusty red looking man. "Hello to you two Mars," Earth greeted.

"They're family, let's just leave it at that," Riku told Monohan and Riley. "Lady Earth's brothers and sisters. The planets that surround her." More appeared in the room, greeting Earth who they haven't seen in so long. The cloud blankets and steel cage kept them from visiting her. With the rebirth it was no longer a barrier.

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-18-2007, 03:01 AM

Riley watched the reunion with a smile and she felt her father come up behind her, putting his arms around her. She was happy to have him by her side again. It had been so many years! He drew her away from Monohan and the crowd and into the corner of the room.

"What is it?" Riley asked, looking concerned at the serious look on his face.

He took a deep breath and began to speak. "I'm not going back with you."

"What? Why not?"

"The Donai broke my mind down there. If I returned, I'd be as you found me. We're not undergoing the rebirth process like the rest of the world is. And besides," he glanced toward Lady Earth, who looked positively radiant. "I'm meant to stay here, to support her."

"How?" She whimpered.

Saul shrugged. "I'm still learning. She told me the last srepleh helped direct humankind's progress while balancing a harmony with the earth. The day he decided he'd had enough was the day humankind started down a more destructive path. If I stay here among the slatrommi, perhaps I can keep that from happening again."

"But why you?"

"It was decreed at my birth," Saul said. "It won't be an easy task, but the role of earth's srepleh is an important one."

Riley stared at him for a minute, then embraced him. "I'll miss you so much! It feels like you're being snatched from me all over again."

Saul shook his head. "No. Each time you see something beautiful created by human hand or hear knowledge from human lips, I'll be there."

"So it'll be a paradise down there?"

"If only," Saul shook his head. "No. There's always balance and that includes the bad with the good. Humans will always be destructive. It's in their nature. I'm just hoping that the good part of who we all are will be stronger this time around and we won't destroy her again." He gazed back at Lady Earth with reverence.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-18-2007, 04:15 AM

The process was a blur to Hotaru. She knew it was happening and when it ended she felt tired and drained. Her form shifted back into her normal one and she felt herself fall. But she didn't hit the ground.

"Ne ne ne evol, you're pushing yourself too hard again," Kai teased. He caught her as she fell, wrapping her gently in his wind.

Hotaru muttered tiredly. "Idiot."

Kai kissed her on the cheek. "At least no mental breakdowns this time no? Go to sleep. You can see your work tomorrow."

((Chu~ we'll leave you to write how you think the world shall look xD))

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-18-2007, 04:41 AM

Mem waved her hand and the viewscreen disappeared.

"Hey!" Monohan protested, but Mem shook her head.

"A long time ago, humans celebrated their birthing dates," she started.

Monohan gave her a strange look. "Why?" he asked.

"To commemorate another year lived, I suppose," Mem mused, honestly not sure why humans did such a thing. "But anyhow, they'd receive presents on these days. I'll venture a guess that had you lived during that time, you would have tried to discover what your gift was before you were supposed to open it. Well, we're not letting that happen here."

Lady Earth laughed at Mem and turned to Riley and Monohan. "It's time to return you where you can start anew. Don't be afraid. More humans will be joining you and you know there are people up here watching out for you two." She glanced back at Saul, who was standing behind her. "Go and live." There were multiple meanings to this last sentence and Riley and Monohan understood completely.

There was a chorus of goodbyes throughout the room and it began to spin for the two humans. They both closed their eyes to keep from getting dizzy and when the sensation of spinning had stopped, they opened them.

They were standing on a shore with a cobalt ocean lapping lazily at the sand. The sky was a dazzling shade of blue, though the sun rising added a little extra flavor...greens, yellows, pinks...

The grown was blanketed with grass and flowers and Riley inhaled their fragrance and enjoyed the cool, crisp breeze that blew through her hair. From somewhere not too distant, she heard music and she realized it was the song of rebirth, nature rejoicing over its renewal.

Monohan was full of wonder as well. He extended his hand to Riley. "Shall we?"

Riley grinned and took his hand with a nod. They kicked off their shoes and ran barefoot in the grass, enjoying it with a childlike innocence.

This was how it was always meant to be.

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-18-2007, 06:34 PM

*dusts clothes off*
hehe destroying the world was fun. x3
I think we're about done here!

so I hope (to whatever almost nonexistance readers we have out there) enjoyed the story. x3 be sure to look out for our newest one which should be up soon, if not today. xD thanks
  • ~The END~