Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-11-2007, 11:56 PM

This will be a place for me to get my creative-juices flowing again. They've been severely lacking lately, and I hope to fix it through this thread. Please do not post until I finish, which will probably be in a long time. If you have a comment on anything, PM me.

I have characters. They come from different stories in my head and I love them all, but most have yet to come alive. I only have one "live" character and hope to bring all of them to life through little drabbles. It's a magical thing, you know---realizing that one character has an agenda of their own, and that, yes, it would be convenient to have them do this, and it wouldn't be too "OoC", but deep in their heart, they would do something else.

I have themes. Themes are beginnings to stories that have yet to be written. They're parts of the character, each one giving significant insight to the specific character. They are the way in which I shall revive that which has never been alive.

Suika's 100 Drabbles is my sister thread. This is my second thread for 11 new characters. :3 Please, check them out!

This is where we start. :D
That was rather dramatic...

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 12:17 AM

Themes;

01. Beat
02. Selfish
03. Empty
04. Disaster
05. Nothing
06. Everything
07. Tangible
08. Garage
09. Pen
10. Lost
11. Poster
12. Why
13. Sound
14. Out
15. Fool
16. Negative
17. Glossy
18. Tonight
19. Longer
20. Basket
21. Fault
22. Lipstick
23. Attention
24. Ride
25. Back
26. Smile
27. Fluffy
28. Pity
29. Hope
30. Rain
31. Crayons
32. Beast
33. Counting
34. Squeeze
35. House
36. Sit
37. Dare
38. Learn
39. Forgotten
40. Laughter
41. Marked
42. Good
43. Strawberry
44. Intellect
45. Quick
46. Level
47. Percent
48. Scam
49. Best
50. Twitch
51. Loser
52. Celebrate
53. Finale
54. Sacrifice
55. Hold
56. Purple
57. Through
58. Live
59. Diary
60. Here
61. Overdone
62. Wish
63. Babies
64. Safety
65. Precious
66. Light
67. Redo
68. Yes
69. Power
70. Plus
71. Time
72. Question
73. Tell
74. Levitate
75. Science
76. Boots
77. Rift
78. Enough
79. Mine
80. From
81. Collide
82. More
83. Toy
84. Leaning
85. Well
86. Never
87. Pain
88. Dungeon
89. Toxic
90. Damn
91. Save
92. Joke
93. Grow
94. Yawn
95. Catch
96. Zen
97. Xylophone
98. Become
99. Print
1oo. Love & Hate

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 12:22 AM

• Characters;
  • Namki- Hyper and muscular editor. Loves Kristie like a sister, despite her harsh demeanor towards him. Hates sadness with a flaming passion. Fears very little. Is naive and unbearably loud. 03/09
  • Lance- Dedicated yet playful vampire. Loves Kaya more than anything in the world and would do anything to keep her alive. Wants Tsusuki dead at any cost, as long as it doesn't involve Kaya's life. 03/09
  • Claire- Angelic girl gone bad, then angelic, then bad again. Is deeply in love with Ben, even though he seems to just use her for sex. Very attractive and has a sensual voice. Sings in her spare time. Works as an editor. 03/09
  • Raylin- High-school graduate looking into colleges. Has no immediate family that speak to him. Lives all alone in an apartment. Has a severe inferior-complex and is anorexic. Wants to be someone's "favorite". 03/09
  • Kaya- Vicious when in the "line of duty" but otherwise very motherly. Wants to fight for herself or risk her life for Lance but cannot due to his protective nature. Has a soft spot for people in love. Wants freedom. An unusually cool and calm vampire. 03/09
  • Kristie- Always on a rampage. Supposedly despises Namki with a burning passion. Is irritated by Brian. Is the boss of the editiorial department, much to her dismay. Has a nasty no-nonsense attitude. Should not be messed with. 03/09
  • Albrekt- German man, head of an important company. Gone to America for a "business trip" and hates it. Has a translator named Janelle, whom he worries about, though he'll never admit it. Stubborn, irrational and provocative. Not a nice guy. Has a hate/tolerate relationship with Namki. 03/09
  • Brian- Paranoid and constantly tapping his pen. Can never find relief. Is oddly attracted to Kristie, even if she whacks him on the head a lot. Tries hard to find inner-peace within himself and always fails miserably. Works as an editor. 03/09
  • Tsusuki- Angsty half-vampire whose past makes him guilty; his existence caused massive damage to his clan. Dreams of becoming a full-bred human or vampire. Is somewhat suicidal and extremely irresponsible. Drinks a lot; prefers sake since it's his hometown's alcohol. 03/09
  • Ben- Selfish liar with charming good lucks and a bad attitude. Pushy, possessive and demanding. Is usually nervous around Claire, albeit their being together for months now. Feels significally responsible for Claire's change but fears what will happen if she changes back to an angel. Works as an editor. 03/09
  • Janelle- Unnoticed her entire life. Craves attention of any means. Loves Albrekt even though she knows he dreams of another. Feels miserable and depressed. Seeks companionship of someone who will notice her. 03/09 ((please highlight for her. the color is white for a symbolic reason which I refuse to change))

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 12:30 AM

01. Beat;

Sometimes, as the sun rose from the sky and Lance snored blissfully, Kaya would snuggle closer to him. She'd reach out for his chest and try to hear a steady beat that she'd felt on humans. She never found one, but always searched, because how could he love her if his heart didn't beat? How could she love him if her heart didn't beat?

Sometimes, Kaya wished their hearts would beat. And sometimes, she could almost feel it...the most beautiful sensation in the world.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 12:40 AM

02. Selfish;

Ben knew he was selfish. He knew his behavior could usually only be described by the pitiful excuse of "boys will be boys" and that he never shared with others. He may have been rude and obnoxious, but he was not ignorant and did not lie about who he was.

Once, he'd taken $50 from his former best friend, to buy a new video game. Once, he'd said no to his brother who asked if he could borrow a pencil. Once, he'd complained to his mother that she was too selfish, just so he could get a bigger allowance. Once, he'd done a lot of selfish things.

But nothing compared to that. To loving her. She was pure, angelic, untouchable and had just gotten back from hell, and here he was, the boy who refused to share, kissing her, holding her hand, breathing sweet nothings in her ear, making her fall for him.

He was such a selfish bastard, and he knew it.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 12:45 AM

03. Empty;

Raylin's stomach was constantly near-empty, and it hadn't been full in years. This was not healthy; it was anorexia, and Raylin knew it all too well, even if he denied it in front of others. Not that they cared. They had more important people to worry about. Who cared about Raylin when their one and only was crying? Who cared about Raylin? Maybe if Raylin was empty, someone would want to give him a little bit of what they had. Or maybe everything, if Raylin was lucky.

Things tasted so much sweeter when they were put into an empty glass.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 02:02 AM

04. Disaster;

It was a complete and utter disaster. Chaos was unfolding at every corner of the editorial office and there was no safe haven for Kristie to retreat to. There never had been. Her entire life was a big, ugly disaster. A moment of peace could never be found. Never would.

And Kristie preferred it that way, despite her constant screaming fits in protest of it. Really, didn't men know that women never knew what they wanted?

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 03:01 AM

05. Nothing;

There was nothing in the world Lance wouldn't do to keep Kaya alive and uninjured. Nothing.

Even if it made her mad, Lance would ensure that her life would remain. Even though her heart failed to produce a sound, Lance would protect her until the time when the final beat would come to both of them. Even if he had to run away. Even if he had to endure the worst injuries imaginable. Even if, after he sacrificed himself for her, she would die anyway.

Without her life with his, he'd suffer something worse than death.

Heartbreak.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 03:31 AM

06. Everything;

"Everything in the world bugs the hell out of me, especially these fucking Americans!" Albrekt screamed in German as Namki casually latched himself onto the angry man's back.

Janelle quickly gave a translation in a much calmer voice. Namki merely smiled.

"Oh, but you possibly be bugged by me!!!" Namki said happily, grinning from ear-to-ear. "Can I be the exception? PLEASE???"

Janelle once again translated the words, her expression unchanged.

"FUCK NO! You're the one who bugs me the most, you moron!" Translation.

In reality, Albrekt didn't mind Namki. Not really. In fact, maybe he even liked him somewhat.

"Waaaa~ Albert is angry!" Translation.

"GO THE FUCK AWAY, YOU SICK BASTARD! AND IT'S ALL-BREKT! NOT ALBERT!!!" Translation.

Or maybe not.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 03:43 AM

07. Tangible;

Janelle could almost touch happiness. It was so far away, yet if she reached far enough...it seemed tangible. Possible. Being a logical, down-to-earth girl, she knew she couldn't touch happiness, or sadness, or any emotion. But she wanted to. She wanted to, even though she'd been trained to only listen to her studies and translate. She still had dreams, hopes, worries, wants...just like any other girl.

They were all tangible too, no matter what they said. Screw Science. Screw logic. Oh, and while she was at, she could screw love too. It was getting in the way of her dreams anyway.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 03:55 AM

08. Garage;

Why did they always say "skeletons in the closet"? Honestly, people looked in closets more often than they looked in, say...garages. As long as it wasn't open, no one would go wandering in, unlike a closet. And garages had more space, so it wasn't nearly as stuffy. And garages had happy things too, so it'd be hard to find the skeletons within them.

Because of these overwhelming facts, Tsusuki decided he would hide his skeletons---somewhat metaphorical, yet somewhat not---in the garage instead. They were safer there.

Plus, his closet was getting pretty crowded.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 04:07 AM

09. Pen;

Namki loved pens. Well, to be fair, he loved a lot of things. But pens, on the material list, ranked rather high. Not that Namki would bother to rank his loves---aside from the fact that Albert would definintely be on top, being the best buddy ever!---but still.

Pens were superior to pencils, according to Namki. They reminded you of your mistakes if you wanted to, and if you wanted them to disappear, you merely had to apply more pressure. Even though he usually applied more pressure, since big mistakes made him unhappy and he feared losing happiness for even an instant, he enjoyed the choice the pen offered him.

Remember, or forget?

He tapped his pen against his desk and stared at the glaringly-obvious mistake. Hesitating slightly, he scribbled it out with great force.

"Namki, stop making so much noise!!!" Kristie shrieked, banging her head against the desk.

Forget, for now.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 04:17 AM

10. Lost;

She stared at the maze before her. Farmer Bill's Maze. Smiling uneasily, she whispered huskily into Ben's ear, "Let's skip this and have some fun in the back~ I've always wanted to have sex on a farm." She winked playfully at him.

"No," he replied. "We're going through the maze. What are you? Scared? If you want to, you can hold my hand." He grinned like an idiot.

"I thought you liked my sex. Do I need to improve?" She kissed his neck softly, cooing. Desperate.

"No. I just think sex in a maze is much kinkier, personally." He shrugged. "Come on, we'll do the sex thing later, if you're so determined. By the way, I like that in a woman."

"Fine."

Claire really didn't like mazes. She didn't want to get lost in them, or worse, lose something important---even if that important thing didn't understand what she really wanted from it.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-12-2007, 04:24 AM

11. Posters;

"T-that's o-o-one scary poster...," Brian stuttered, cowering behind the mighty Kristie.

In plain view lay---or rather, glared---a gigantic monster with blood pouring down its neck, holding the stereotypical blonde girl who needed rescuing. And some better clothes.

"Don't be afraid, Brian!" Kristie chastised. "It's just a poster. It can't hurt you."

"But what if it magically materializes and attacks me? And then rips off your clothes and tries to eat you? And then I have to save you but I fail and---"

"Oh, just shut up. We'll watch Finding Nemo then." She pointed at the child-friendly movie poster, sighing in annoyance.

"But what if they don't find Nemo???"

"Damn it, Brian! Stop being so paranoid!"

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-17-2007, 12:59 AM

12. Why;

Why? she wondered. Why was she so hard to see? Was it because she was poor? Was it because she wasn't pretty? Was it because she had a dull voice? Was it because she was always frowning? Was it because she wore dark clothing? Was it because she was always working? Was it because she was always doubting herself? Was it because God hated her? Was it because she was unworthy of attention?

Why?

Janelle had no clue.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-17-2007, 03:49 AM

13. Sound;

The sound of Claire's breathing made Ben think. He didn't really like to think; he preferred action without thought-processing; lived in the moment; never looked too far ahead.

Claire must have messed his head up real bad. Bad enough for him to actually notice. And Ben didn't notice much aside from nice asses and titties. But it wasn't either of those things that Ben found himself staring at. He was looking into the eyes of the angel who just became a demon again, for him. He wanted to tell her that his feelings were, for once, beyond lust.

But what if she ran away? What if she got scared? And what was this feeling, anyway?

While he thought, at least he could listen to the sound of her breathing and hope it would wait for him until he had the courage to say what was on his mind.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-17-2007, 09:56 PM

14. Out;

He lay at the bottom of the stairs in his personal prison, rocking back and forth rhythmically. The darkness embraced him, held him with just enough warmth, until light flooded in. Tsusuki's glassy eyes peered at the man before him, the man who thought he was his dead daughter Sue.

"Would you like to come out now, Sue?" Remus asked. He had an odd expression on his face; Tsusuki coudn't tell if Remus was happy or sad. This bothered him more than it should have.

"No," Tsusuki said, like constant times before.

"Why not?" That was their favorite question.

"Because I don't deserve to come out yet." That was their least-favorite answer.

"And when will you deserve it?"

"When she smiles."

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-17-2007, 11:42 PM

15. Fool;

Albrekt knew many fools. He had encountered them too often for him to remember each one. And he was glad; fools bothered him. The only thing he could understand was logic. If one was hungry, they ate. If one was tired, they slept. If one was thirsty, they drank.

Why wouldn't the rest of the world leave him alone? It wasn't like he was kind or attractive, so someone being unnecessarily around him, purposely, was a fool. Or a gold-digger.

"Why in the world are you following me around???" he demanded in a hoarse voice. Janelle, sighing slightly, quickly provided a translation for the fool hanging on her client.

"Because I like you." Translation.

"And why do you like me?" Translation.

"Dunno." Translation.

"You're such a fool," was all he could manage.

Janelle didn't bother translating; she felt Namki got the message loud and clear, even if it was of foreign tongue.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 AM

16. Negative;

Raylin was typing furiously at the keyboard as he played various computer games. Although he felt he was anything but childish, he did admit to several childlike tendencies, and this was one of them; playing video-games.

He was only 19 years old, but even so, it made him feel so...old, like he'd wasted his entire life trying to get out of these behaviors, only to find himself submitting to them anyway.

At the moment, he was playing "Feed the Hungry Bear". It consisted of a bear and a maze. One had to navigate the bear through the maze to reach the goal---various items of food, some of which had been scattered about the maze. Having never played it before, Raylin did poorly. He usually did well his first time, but this...it was hard to allow the bear to successfully reach the foods, because it got bigger and bigger each time and...

He checked the meter on the bottom left corner. It was negative 2. He had to give the bear food quickly, or the game would be over...!

Or his life.

Gasping for air, Raylin shut down the computer and stormed off to nibble on some bread.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-20-2007, 05:50 PM

17. Glossy;

As he tapped the pen against his desk nervously, Brian tried to find a way to calm himself down. Desperate thoughts kept crawling into his head and eating him alive. It was nerve-wracking! He felt like screaming but dared not to, for fear of Kristie's rage.

He looked around at his fellow cubicle-prisoners. Claire, the worried one, Namki, the crazy one, Ben, the possessive one, and Kristie. Glossy.

The paranoid man gasped as the thoughts entered his mind. Kristie? Glossy? That made him awfully nervous. Maybe he could count sheep instead. Or just stare at Kristie from afar, praying she wouldn't notice... Because honestly, it was hard not to stare when she practically sparkled.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:04 AM

18. Tonight;

Tomorrow, he'd rid himself of all his guilt. Tomorrow, he'd move on. Tomorrow, he'd bask in the joy he'd kept away for years. Tomorrow, he'd get a job. Tomorrow, he'd thank Remus for all he'd done. Tomorrow, he'd be satisfied with who he was. Tomorrow, he'd fall in love. Tomorrow, he'd be happy.

But for tonight, he'd just drown his sorrows in some stolen sake whilst staring at the alley cats.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:09 AM

19. Longer;

"How much longer will it be until you're done reading that manuscript?"

It was an innocent enough question, especially for Kristie, but Namki nearly cringed. He held back a cry and looked up to his boss, grinning like the fool---even Albrekt agreed with him on that---he was.

"Dunno."

How much longer could he go on this? How much longer could he escape sadness. He could run fast, but eventually it would catch up and then...

"Well, figure it out soon, 'cause I'm a busy woman."

He would try, he promised himself. To figure out how much longer he could run.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:15 AM

20. Basket;

If only Kristie could gather up all her sources of stress---NAMKI, Claire and Ben, Brian, those annoyingly desperate writers and a bunch of other idiotic people---and put it in a basket. A hand-weaved one with gorgeous decorations adorning it. And flowers on each side, purple ones. And...

And then she'd dump it on someone's head and see if they liked it!

But she never did find a new career and move on, because she kind of grew attached to her basket, even if the things inside were rather frustrating.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:21 AM

21. Fault;

Who was at fault, really?

Was it Claire herself, for allowing others to bring her back to the way she was? Was it because she had such weakness about her? Was it because she was too pretty? Was it because she had been too innocent?

Was it Ben, her lover, for taking all her progress and smashing it into pieces with a single smile? Was it because he was so selfish? Was it because he wanted no angel for a girlfriend? Was it because he desired what she'd once escaped from?

Was it her parents and friends, who had first caged her and then set her free, not expecting the harsh consequences? Was it because they tried to save her when she was perfectly happy? Was it because they had trapped her for so long? Was it because they hadn't saved her enough?

Who the hell was at fault for ruining everything???

Claire had no fucking clue.

Deji-chan
New and Improved!

Old 08-21-2007, 12:26 AM

22. Lipstick;

Lance hated when Kaya wore lipstick, even though it made her lips shine a bit more. The matter of the fact was, it also drained her of her natural beauty. Because she felt it was necessary to have something worth "bringing to the table" and all she had was speed and good looks, so she claimed, whereas he was gorgeous, powerful and kind.

Didn't she understand that all she had to bring was her smile? Her motherly nature? Her chocolate cake? That was what made her worth all the sacrifice.

Not some fucking LIPSTICK.

Women were so goddamn difficult sometimes...