Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 01:31 PM

Sooner than Aaron would have expected the intoxicating smell of food was drifting from the kitchen. It smelled amazing and he knew that his stomach couldn't wait to tuck in. He raised an eyebrow at Shadow's answer. Only one other person lived in this house? It was so large though. He shrugged before turning his attention to Shadow again.

"And how often do other demons come here?" he asked. "And what will they be like?" What he really wanted to know was how he, a human, would be treated by the demons. He remembered what Shadow had said about a leash last night. He glanced at Shadow but from where he stood he couldn't see the demon's face as he was cooking.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 01:34 PM

"Usually I have visitors every day..." Shadow could almost sense what was eating away at Aaron...he was not a demon. How would other demons be treating him? "As long as it is made clear that you belong to me, I don't think we will have any problems with you being mistreated. You might be touched a lot, however--just tell me if you aren't happy about someone's behavior..."

The little Imp that lived here with Shadow had been abandoned by his parents as a child, and Shadow had taken him in. That had been more than fifty years ago. That imp still had the form of a child, but could change to one of a teenager...he did not look like an adult.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 01:44 PM

Aaron blinked at Shadow's words. How had the incubus known what was bothering him? He suposed it must be more obvious than he'd thought. He glanced around, looking for any sign of the imp mentioned by Shadow. He wondered when he'd meet the imp and what he was like.

"How many demons are usually here when it's busy or you have a party or something?" he asked curiously, peering at Shadow. He wondered idly when the food would be ready as his stomach gave a particularly impatient growl as the smell of freshly cooked eggs drifted towards him.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 01:50 PM

"Hundreds upon thousands of demons show up for my parties...when demons come to visit me, they will usually come in groups of one to ten..." Shadow was sure that the Imp, Momo, was still asleep. He was mostly nocturnal and usually prowled around the house at night. Even after so many years of living here, Momo still often got lost while wandering around the house and ended up sleeping in one of the guest bedrooms...

"The food is almost ready," he called, being intoxicated by the smell himself. He was going to have some of the eggs and French toast, so he'd made more of that than the sausage. In a minutes' time, he was heading out into the dining room and he'd set down a large plate of food, and some silverware, on the table. "Do you want sugar, syrup, and ketchup? And what would you like to drink?"

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 PM

Aaron followed Shadow to the table and stared down at the large plate of food. His stomach was practically begging him to eat and eat it now! "Is there any fruit juice?" he asked as he sat down and glanced up at Shadow, forgetting for a moment the effect the demon's face had on him. He was immediately reminded if it however as his eyes focused on the unmasked face and the heat rose in his cheeks again.

"And when there's so many people around," Aaron said, continuing their conversation. "How exactly will they know that I...that I belong to you?" the words sounded strange even as they left his mouth but he had tn know the answer. Hoe exactly would the demons be able to tell that he was Shadow's?

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-27-2011, 02:03 PM

((I'm heading to bed. :3 Night!))

"There is fruit juice--all I have right now is a lime and strawberry-flavored fruit juice, but it's delicious, so it shouldn't be a problem..." The Incubus headed back into the kitchen to fetch the juice. He returned a moment later with glass full of greenish-pink liquid that smelled...tropical, almost. He also had with him a small container of powdered sugar, a bottle of syrup, and some ketchup. He would be wanting these items even if Aaron didn't want to use them. He set the items next to Aaron's plate. "Dig in...I'm going to make something for myself..."

He caught Aaron's question as he was heading back into the kitchen and he glanced over his shoulder, a little smirk on his face. "There are two ways. The first is having on a collar of some article of clothing with my family emblem on it. That is not as effective as the second way, but the two combined is the most potent and keeps other demons' thoughts away from trying to take you. The second is for me to physically express my ownership of you, which of course entails something physical happening between us. It has to be powerful enough to leave a scent in its wake."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-27-2011, 02:51 PM

((Okay.))

Aaron looked at the glass of fruit juice before shrugging to himself, lifting it to his lips and taking a sip. He blinked in surprise. It was nice than he'd expected it to be, far nicer in fact. He carefully set the glass down before looking again at his plate of food. He lifted the ketchup and was about to use it when Shadow's words stopped him. He set the ketchup bottle back on the table and turned to face the demon.

If his face had been red before it was now crimson with shock and embarrassment. He couldn't mean...but then again Shadow was an incubus so of course he meant...Aaron's face grew redder if that was possible and a small, squeak like noise escaped his mouth as he stared after the demon. "W...what?" he finally managed, his voice coming out a little higher than he'd intended. "And what will happen if I'm not marked as belonging to you?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-28-2011, 03:12 PM

"There will be demons who will openly express interest in you if you're not marked as mine," Shadow informed him, simply. "Humans are not considered equal in this world...forcing them into acts of pleasure is not a crime. If you're marked, especially by a powerful demon, they will tend to avoid you. I'm a high-ranking demon. Most demons wouldn't dare...if you're marked, it's technically, in legal terms, destruction and theft of property. And they will be fined or jailed for it..."

The Incubus disappeared behind the kitchen counter to continue making food for himself. "It is a very strange legal system, here. I'm warning you now that you are most likely going to get hurt if you aren't marked as mine."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-28-2011, 08:38 PM

Aaron was unashamed to admit that he was staring openly shocked at Shadow's back. Were humans really that low down in this world? Then again when compared with the apparent strength of the demons it wasn't quite that surprising. Compared to Shadow Aaron realised that he was rather weak. He didn't reply to Shadow for a while. He turned his attention back to his breakfast and tried to focus on that. Suddenly he wasn't quite so hungry but he force dhimself to eat, knowing that he would most likely need the energy later.

He grabbed his fork and began to eat while the meal was still warm. He took a bite and was surprised at the quality of the food. It was as good as it smelled and Aaron privately admitted that it was better than anything he could have made himself. He survived on ready-made meals, take out and cafes mostly so this was a big change from his usual food of choice.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 02-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Shadow let the silence drag on. Aaron probably needed to fully process what he had said...it would take some getting used to, most likely. Humans tended to think they were the most high-ranking, respected creatures in the entire universe. But in the demonic world...humans were seen as little more than intelligent pets.

Which reminded him...there were technically, by demonic codes, two demons living here. But there was also another--a low-ranking breed of demon that was also little more than a pet in the eyes of the populous...

"...I should warn you that my Imp companion is not the only resident here besides me. Technically the other resident is a pet, by demonic decree. But he is a sentient being. As you begin to explore the house, you will notice that I have a rather large collection of fish and an aquarium that wraps around the entire house, except for in most of the bedroom corridors. There is a reason for that--three years ago I was net-fishing with some friends of mine. One of them pulled up a male siren--a merman--and injured him in the process. He was so badly injured that he could not return to the ocean where we had pulled him up...I took him in and installed access-ways for him via small tubes of aquariums--such as the ones you would see in large-scale aquariums--through most of the house."

Shadow paused. "...He is not very friendly towards strangers. I would advise you to stay away from parts of the aquarium that have open tops, for feeding him. You are more than welcome to look, though..." By the time he had finished talking, he was making his way out to the table with a plate full of food for himself.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-28-2011, 10:27 PM

Aaron blinked and looked to Shadow. A merman? Seriously? Demons were one thing but a merman? What other creatures existed? Aaron could feel his head spinning slightly as he tried to think straight. He knew that this would be a big change but he didn't realise until now just how big of a chance it would really be. He was entering an entirely new world with new expectations, creatures and laws. He was definitely going to need Shadow to guide him through this.

"What other species is there?" he finally asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. "So far you've talked about demons and merpeople but what other creatures are there?" Images flashed into his mind of stories he'd read when he was younger, filled with all kinds of mythical creatures such as dragons, merpeople, elves, unicorns, fae and many, many more. He wondered how many were fact and how many were fiction. While he wanted for a response he continued eating, carefully taking a bite of toast and savouring it. He could honestly say that this was the best meal he'd had in his life.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-01-2011, 03:49 AM

Shadow took a big bite of his food first, thoroughly chewed it, and then swallowed it before he glanced in Aaron's direction, a bemused look on his face. "...Merpeople, or Sirens as is their technical name, are a breed of demon," he clarified, spearing a piece of his French toast. "They're a very low-ranking breed and are disconnected from the rest of the world, making them ignorant to what happens above water. It's why most demons think of them as inferior..."

He gobbled down that piece of French toast before he spoke again. "...'Demonae' is the genus name of all demons. But we are not all the same species...not at all. For example, I mentioned that I am an Incubus. In name, I am a Demonic Incubus, or Demonae incubi. My Imp companion is a Demonic Imp, or Demonae impa. The merman is a Demonic Siren, or Demonae sirene...we are all different species. Some of the creatures you're probably envisioning might not be demons. They might be, in fact, part of the genus 'Seraphae'...angelic creatures."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-02-2011, 10:01 PM

Aaron unconciously leaned a little further forward as he listened to Shadow, soaking up as much of the new information as he could. His mind was buzzing with images and theories athat he wasn't quite able to keep up. The names of the different demon species were easy enough to remember and he was quite sure he'd be able to tell the difference between demonic and angelic species if he came accross them. Then again...he pushed that from his mind and refocused on Shadow, determined not to let himself get sucked into just staring at the demon's face like before.

"So basically," he finally said, breakfast momentarily forgotten. "What you're saying is taht I have a lot to learn and that I should start by staying away from open water around the house in case the siren, merman, tries to drown me and to watch out for the imp in case he tries to play tricks on me?" 'and most likely succeeds,' he added silently in his head. He was good at watching his back since he'd grown up in an arguably rough neibourhood but he probably wouldn't stand a chance against a demonic imp.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-03-2011, 04:17 AM

Shadow chuckled through a mouthful of food. "Mm...Momo may like to play tricks, but he wouldn't hurt a fly. Ah--Momo is the name of the Imp," he clarified, firmly. "He doesn't have a single violent bone in his body. It's pure sport for him...pranks only. Though, his pranks can be exceedingly unkind...like sprinkling itching powder all over one's wardrobe of clothing..."

Shadow made an unwillingly nostalgic sort of face. Perhaps this had happened to him before?

"I have in my home a rather extensive library, filled to the brim with informative books on my world. You are welcome to use it as long as you don't damage my books. I can take you there whenever you like..."

He hadn't forgot about his breakfast. He was still wolfing it down like there was no tomorrow...without food in their bellies, Incubi and Succubi, their female counterparts, often became cranky and unhappy...

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-03-2011, 08:49 PM

Aaron's eyes lit up at the mention of a library. If there was one thing he loved almost more than anything it was reading. There was just something about books that enchanted him. It had always been taht way ever since he could remember. Perhaps it was because he was able to forget about real life for a while when he was reading a book and he could slip between it's pages and choose when to resurface.

"I'd like that," he said, smiling slightly. "And I'll keep that in mind about the pranks. I'll keep my eyes open." He turned his attention back to the food and began to eat once more. He ate at a slightly slower pace than Shadow but was unsurprised when he finished it all. He used the last piece of toast to mop the plate before eating it contentedly. When he was finished he set his knife and fork down on the plate and looked at Shadow, wondering exactly what he was to do now.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-04-2011, 01:50 AM

When Shadow finished his food--just a bit before Aaron had finished, he set his silverware on his plate and leaned back in his chair, a deeply satisfied expression on his face. He could feel the human's eyes on him, indicating he was finished with his meal, and he stood up to collect the plates and silverware for both of them.

"...Do you need to attend school today?" Shadow asked, calmly, as he headed out to the kitchen to deposit the plates in the sink. "If not, I can take you on a brief tour of the house...you will probably get to meet the Imp and Siren on the tour."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Aaron thought for a moment before shaking his head in the negative. "No," he said, quickly running through his time table in his mind. "We have a week off. That was why I was home when the fire started. We start again next Monday." He stood and watched as Shadow took the plates and silverware but didn't follow the Incubus into the kitchen.

"I'd like to start getting my bearings. This place looks huge and it might take me a while to get used to it." He knew that it was an understatement. If the whole place was as large as it appeared then he wondered if he would ever be able to navigate his way comfortably around the place. He would need to learn though and hopefully it would be sooner rather than later. He waited for Shadow before saying "Lead the way."

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-04-2011, 10:24 AM

Once Shadow had finished with the dishes, he headed towards the door, deciding not to hold Aaron's hand this time around. He didn't want to continue treating him like a child. "Seeing as you know where my room is, now, I will show you what's down that other hallway..."

He led the way back to the Blue Hallway and down towards that familiar, large door that led to his own room. Then he turned, heading down the other hallway that he had neglected to show Aaron before. This hallway did not go on for very long. At the end of it were two tall wooden doors, which Shadow pushed open.

Inside those doors was a grand, classical-style ballroom. The only thing that wasn't classical about it was that there were, as Shadow described before, large wrap-around aquariums that made up parts of the wall. There were fish swimming about, but the aforementioned merman was nowhere to be seen.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 AM

((I need to go now. Sorry I couldn't be on for longer))

Aaron felt grateful that Shadow didn't hold his hand again. He made sure to stay slightly behind the demon for two reasons. The first of these reasons was so that Shadow could guide him through the house and the second was so that he didn't accidentally get caught up in staring at Shadow so he didn't notice where they were going. That would defeat the purpose of the incubus giving him a tour of the house in the first place after all.

As he was led into the ballroom via the other corridor Aaron stared around in amazement at the room. It was extremely large and he realised taht Shadow hadn't been kidding about the aquarium wrapping around the walls. It was huge and he unconciously walked towards one of the glass enclosures and stared closely at a fish as it came close to the glass before promptly darting away once it caught sught of Aaron. He looked around the walls, trying to catch a glimpse of the siren the incubus had mentioned earlier but there was no sign of him. Slightly dissappointed, Aaron turned back to Shadow again.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-04-2011, 01:50 PM

((It's fine!))

Shadow was scanning the aquarium as well, closely. "...This is the ballroom. Usually, Léandre is here. The siren, I mean. He must sense that something is off. That, or he's just not here yet...we could check another part of the house. Ah, well...the aquarium wraps around the whole house, so we're bound to see him sooner or later...now then."

Shadow strolled off towards the other end of the ballroom, indicating for Aaron to follow. "This way...I'll take you to just the main points of the house so you can get an idea of where you're going..."

He made his way up a flight of stairs and it immediately cut off into his library. It was indeed an extensive collection of books...

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-04-2011, 07:23 PM

Aaron followed Shadow quickly, a bit dissappointed at not seeing the Siren whom he know knew was called Leandre but he hid it as best he could. As he followed Shadow and they finally reached the other end of the ballroom he swore his eyes were nearly popping out of their sockets.

He stared around at the library. He couldn't believe how many books there were. There were shelves, stacks, cabinets...everything! He was sure that there were more books in this one room than there were in ten of the local library, probably more if someone took the time to count them all.

"This is your library?" he asked, his voice clearly conveying the awe. "I've never seen so many books in one place before...it's incredible." He walked over to the nearest shelf and quickly ran his finger over the spines, looking through the titles. He wondered if there was a section on psychology in the library. It might be interesting to look at his chosen subject through the eyes of a different species. He turned back to Shadow quickly, a look of excitement clearly visible on his face. He momentarily forgot all about his nervousness and anxiety as he began to question Shadow about the different sections and catagories in the library. "How many different subjects are there in here? Are they in alphabetical order or in catagories? Are there just books written by demons here or are there any written by humans?"

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-05-2011, 04:16 AM

"This is my library...a vast collection of works by humans, demons, and angels...all in one place. Impressive, no?" Shadow drifted through the many aisles of books alongside Aaron, noting with glee that he seemed elated by the sight of all of these books. At least now he knew that Aaron would not get bored for a while, if he had all of these books to pick through. Shadow only added books to his library that he had read...he added new ones nearly every month nowadays.

"The books are first organized by subject, and then by author. This aisle..." he tapped on the first bookcase in the aisle, "...is non-fictional work. All of the books here are kept track of. There's a computer on the other side of the library where you can search for specific kinds of books. You will find quite a variety...I have everything from children's picture books to books on advanced quantum theories."

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-05-2011, 01:52 PM

Aaron turned his attention from the small section of books he'd been studying to look at Shadow. "Do you have any books on psychology or criminology?" he asked curiously. Going by what Shadow had said and the number of books that he could see - and that he couldn't see - then there was a good possibility that the books he was looking for were here. He'd tried to research different titles of books to help when he was at the college library but their supply was rather limited. He hoped that he could get the books he needed, especially the books by David Rossi and Jason Gideon, two of the best profilers in history. At least they were in Aaron's mind anyway.

He glanced from Shadow to the books, awaiting an answer from the demon. There was one thing he knew for sure. He wasn't about to forget how to get to this room. He had a feeling he'd be spending a lot of his time here while in Shadow's care.

Mira-Charma13
The Almighty Tallest

Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 AM

"Quite a few. Search the database...the software should be easy to use." Shadow stretched his arms slightly and sighed, glancing off to the side. "I have work to do. There will be a rather large party here tonight and I need to prepare. You are welcome to formally attend. But if you do so, you will need a leash...and something proper for the theme of the party to wear..."

Shadow mixed his themes up quite a lot. One of the themes that stuck, no matter what outfits people wore, was the wearing of masks.

Magician Girl Mirani
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-06-2011, 09:26 PM

Aaron was about to ask another question about the library when the mention of the party brought him up short. He turned back to Shadow with an uneasy look on his face. He had momentarily fergotten just where he was in his excitement about the library adn all the books. Now though...what should he do? He knew, logically, taht he couldn't hide forever. He was bound to be found out sooner or later and other demons would see him. He just didn't think that it would be so soon.

"A leash?" he asked warily, remembering what Shadow had said earlier about the laws concerning humans and the whole being 'marked' thing. "And what do you mean something proper for the theme? What exactly is the theme?"