Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-13-2013, 10:46 AM

Hostels get a bad rap thanks to the movie (and I'm sure there are some creepy ones out there), but they're a cheaper alternative to pricy hotels and if you can find a nice one, not so shabby!

I've stayed in two, both in the US, one in Seattle and the other in NYC. They were alike in some ways, but the rooms I stayed in were pretty different. The one in Seattle was more of a dorm-style with about 4 bunkbeds in one room and lockers in the middle for each person to put their stuff. The bathrooms were also more of a dorm-style with a bunch of shower stalls and sinks and toilets comprising it. The room I stayed in NYC was private, so no roommates . For the first couple of nights I stayed there and used the bathroom in the main part of the "apartment." Then I moved to another room (that was literally down the hallway) that was still private, but also had its own bathroom.
I enjoyed both of these and I definitely wouldn't mind staying in more (provided proper research is done of course).

[QUOTE]So how many of you guys stayed in hostels?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]What was your experience like?[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE]If you haven't, do you think you would?[/QUOTE]

Risque
bing chilling

Old 09-15-2013, 02:57 AM

I don't think I could handle it after all those stories I've heard about bedbugs in hostels.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-15-2013, 08:02 AM

Oh are there lots of stories?

I'm glad it never happened to me, but hey at least they'd be cheaper than the hotel bedbugs.