Risque
bing chilling

Old 09-14-2013, 06:54 PM

My boyfriend and I don't do too much conventional cooking but we do like to make stuff on the Crock Pot.

We like to make pot roasts, split pea soup, and BBQ chicken. But we are hoping for some more ideas. We have a few Crock Pot recipe books, but many of those recipes aren't good for everyday eating.

Does anyone want to share any easy recipes? :) If there is interest I can share the recipes that we have too.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-19-2013, 12:52 AM

I follow a LOT of frugal sits & just plain cooking sites on facebook a lot of which do crockpot meals and other easy dishes - so I can definitely share some things.

This tells how to make a whole chicken in a crockpot and baked potatoes
amazing graze farm: crock-pot-supper

And before I share more links: my family likes to make chicken & noodles and beef & noodles, other dishes we like is chili, and this really good velveeta cheese & hamburger dip (their all done in a crockpot ). I don't have exact recipes at this time but I'll have to either post what we do or link to something similar. ^-^

Chicken Stroganoff
crockpot chicken stroganoff

Not good for dinner per se but yummy recipe anyway:
crockpot-cinnamon-biscuits

Good recipe if you need building blocks for a turkey soup:
crockpot-turkey-stock

For days when you need some hot cocolate:
2-ingredient-slow-cooker-hot-chocolate

And I'm sure I know of more, I run across these kind of recipes on the time - I just have to track em down.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-20-2013, 02:51 AM

i have an onion soup slow cooker recipe
i'll post it if i can find it
it's delicious!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-23-2013, 01:54 AM

I've not used my slow cooker that much. I have cooked a whole chicken in it. Just sticking it in there on a few chopped onions and some whole cloves of garlic, and left it to get on with it. The website said don't add any liquid, so I didn't, I think it might have benefitted from a small amount, but it was still very good. The juice that came out of it was divine! I shredded the meat once it was done, and eat a bowl of it in the broth and I couldn't believe how delicious it was.

I put the bones and skin back into the pot with the remaining broth, added another onion and a bit more garlic, topped it up with water as set it on low for 8 hours, and ended up with honest to god homemade stock. It set to a jelly consistency like proper stock too, I was so proud of myself

I want a bigger slow cooker, I struggled to get that chicken to fit in it, and it wasn't a big bird. I just love the idea of a few minutes work in the morning meaning you can come home to delicious smells and dinner ready. I'm pretty sure that you couldprepare stuff the night before too, leave meat to marinade and so forth.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 PM

Whole chickens in the crock pot are awesome! I eat the chicken as well as save some for making chicken soup with the stock <3

I found this while surfing my facebook: 20-meals-in-2-hours-slow-cooker-freezer-meals

crockpot-freezer-cooking

Last edited by GwenaHikari; 09-24-2013 at 08:38 PM..

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 04:00 AM

(I posted, but it disappeared, no!)

I don't use my crock post as often as I should. It really takes the hassle out of cooking.
My mom made a mojo pork that I stole.
She put a whole pork butt in there, dumped in mojo marinade, and let it cook for six to eight hours on high.
It's good for sandwiches, throw some swiss cheese on that with some wheat or rye bread, or by itself with white or yellow rice.
A good tip would be to slice up an onion and throw it in there with the pork. Maybe throw some minced garlic as well. Now I'm getting hungry. Look, it's going to be dinner tomorrow!

(I'm not necessarily new, just never post, hence no gold to make a pretty avatar.)

Last edited by Pistachio_Moustache; 02-13-2014 at 05:13 PM..

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
[I posted, but it disappeared, no!]

I don't use my crock post as often as I should. It really takes the hassle out of cooking.
My mom made a mojo pork that I stole.
She put a whole pork butt in there, dumped in mojo marinade, and let it cook for six to eight hours on high.
It's good for sandwiches, throw some swiss cheese on that with some wheat or rye bread, or by itself with white or yellow rice.
A good tip would be to slice up an onion and throw it in there with the pork. Maybe throw some minced garlic as well. Now I'm getting hungry. Look, it's going to be dinner tomorrow!

[I'm not necessarily new, just never post, hence no gold to make a pretty avatar.]
So, you just lurk or something? o.o And even naked avi's are pretty, no accessories needed And what is Mojo marinade? o.o

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenaHikari View Post
So, you just lurk or something? o.o And even naked avi's are pretty, no accessories needed And what is Mojo marinade? o.o
Oh no, I just forget about this site. I've had this account for years, I just keep forgetting about it. Um, let me see if I can get a picture of the marinade. I know that Goya makes one, but I'm sure you could get store brand for cheaper(maybe), and it should taste the same(sometimes xD).

I hope that helps!
Also, you have to shake, shake, shake that bottle to get everything even, lol.

Last edited by Pistachio_Moustache; 02-13-2014 at 05:14 PM.. Reason: Adding another tip.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 09-28-2013, 11:53 PM

I've forgotten some times too (I used to only show up for events ) but I've become more active as of late.

Yeah, I've never seen that before, I'll have to look for it, it sounds good

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 03:55 AM

I got an email a few days ago, and that made me remember. I've been on everyday since, lol.
Oh, do! It's really good!
I love marinating stuff with it!

Risque
bing chilling

Old 10-01-2013, 06:10 PM

Thanks for the straganoff recipe! Looks very easy to make and I think I already have most of the ingredients laying around save for the gravy mix. I usually don't like using prepackaged spice mixes so I will try to find a way around that.

Cooking a whole turkey/chicken in the crock pot is a little weird for me though.. but I think whole chickens are weird in general.