Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 04:55 PM

So my hubby and I recently got a new house, and set up is crazy!
We have been fixing and replacing just about everything, and it's expensive, and hard work!

We are making the main bath practically beautiful, and hubby doesn't want to do anything fancy for the master bath. I want it to look pretty at least for my eyes. I don't want a yucky, plain bath.

Should I lock horns with him on this and try to battle it out? I don't want to mess with it until we get our finances under control again, so it won't be like right now.
But then again, I don't want to like get into a huge argument about it. Maybe I should wait until everything is settled?

I would love some input! :D

Also, my mum is not so supportive. What should I do about her? I've tried just about everything to get her to do something! Like invite her over and try to include her in a few things. She came over for the first time today, and had nothing to say about the house. It makes me sad, because I don't know what her reasoning is, and she won't open up about it.

My mum is mean, you guys.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 02:41 AM

Hm, I have no experience with this xD But....why wouldn't he want the master bath looking really good too? O.o If it was my house, I'd focus on the master bath the most, save the plain stuff for the other bath rooms but that's me. I can advise how you should deal with it....maybe subtly hint or something idk xD

And I definitely don't know about your mom......did you live with her or live nearer to her before this new house? O.o Maybe she feels lonely or something *scratches head* o.o I hope everything works out though!

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-01-2013, 03:55 AM

It's your house, so you should enjoy how it looks. If the master bath is the one you'll be using the most, I definitely think it should look pretty! But a bathroom's tiling is nothing worth an argument, so maybe wait until the dust has settled more and your hubby isn't so stressed. Who knows, maybe even he'll start to agree with you and think "the rest of my new house looks so nice, why does my bathroom look like crap!"

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 02:19 PM

@Gwena: I have been out of my mom's house since I was nineteen. About seven years.
She lives in an apartment, and refuses to see how she is overpaying and can afford a house.
My friend thinks it's some sort of weird form of jealousy.

@Cherry: You may be right. I was going to wait anyways, so let's hope that's how he'll react, lol.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 PM

You should throw a housewarming party and invite everyone over! She could be compelled to come if lots of other people do too.

GwenaHikari
사랑해요

Penpal

Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
@Gwena: I have been out of my mom's house since I was nineteen. About seven years.
She lives in an apartment, and refuses to see how she is overpaying and can afford a house.
My friend thinks it's some sort of weird form of jealousy.

@Cherry: You may be right. I was going to wait anyways, so let's hope that's how he'll react, lol.
Ah, I see o.o Yeah, its always possible. I have an acquaintance who's always having issues with her Mother, jealousy and other such things. If I was a Mother I'd be happy and proud, but that's me.

Pistachio_Moustache

Penpal

Old 10-02-2013, 01:27 PM

I have issues with my mother-in-law as well. Maybe I just have a problem with mothers. Crap.
[But I'm great with other moms, except for these two. //cry]
But the only issues I have with her are her control issues.
She likes to act my child is hers. Asdlfksjf, NO. D<

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 10-04-2013, 03:35 PM

We bought a house about two and half years ago. We had to do a TON of work to it before they would even let us have it. We've painted the whole house now, put down new flooring in the kitchen, laundry room and basement, pulled up all the carpeting upstairs, installed new windows, fixed the upstairs bathroom to where it's usable, we have done some plumbing work, fixed the sprinkler system outside. buying house is expenisve and tons of work! Next we will paint the cabinets in the kitchen and hopefully get new countertops/sink. It takes a long time to get it how you want, but so worth it!

Our parents weren't too eager about us buying a house either, I say just give it time and maybe your mom will come around. Maybe she thinks you can't afford it? Also my Dad and Father-in-law are pretty controlling, they feel as though they have to tell you what you can do with your house, but I say if you are old enough to own your own freakin house, then you can make your own decisions. We all have to learn things on our own eventually. Good luck!